Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:48 PM

Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online - Car Talk (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online (110495 Views)

Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. / 15 Tips To Prolong The Life-span Of Your Vehicle. / Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
Hyundai elantra 2008 automatic transmission.
Mileage (60,000)

Owner drained transmission oil and filled it with seahorse dextronIII 2years ago, now transmission is making funny sounds when hot.

Tranny will be drained and flushed via the heat transfer pipes to radiator with KIA SPIII fluid. Hopefully damage to the transmission is not too much.

Personally I feel Kia and hyundai make rugged transmissions.

Washed and ready to go.

1 Like

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Fulaman198(m): 6:10pm On Jul 24, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Mileage (60,000)

Owner drained transmission oil and filled it with seahorse dextronIII 2years ago, now transmission is making funny sounds when hot.

Tranny will be drained and flushed via the heat transfer pipes to radiator with KIA SPIII fluid. Hopefully damage to the transmission is not too much.

Washed and ready to go.

Looks nice, and nice Hyundai
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 24, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Lexus rx350

P0420 and p0430

Problem catalytic converter below threshold bank 1 and 2. Basically up stream catalysts on bank 1 and 2 need to be replaced.

I did not replace the catalysts, instead I spaced the downstream 02 sensors (no laws in Nigeria against it)

Pics beleow bank2 sensor 2 and bank 1 sensor2

[size=1pt]lomomike[/size]
[size=1pt]mayor123[/size]
[size=1pt]honmusa[/size]

oga gazzuzz, correct one... Those spacers, how do i get them 8 pieces for my 2 motors? Those mumu a/f sensors and o2 sensors are doing waka shege for my dash .
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:26pm On Jul 24, 2015
Pathfinder 1998

Suspension noises.

Front and rear swaybar links and bushings replaced, front right strut replaced.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:29pm On Jul 24, 2015
lomomike:

oga gazzuzz, correct one... Those spacers, how do i get them 8 pieces for my 2 motors? Those mumu a/f sensors and o2 sensors are doing waka shege for my dash .

08023251039 08033910382 wink
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 24, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

08023251039 08033910382 wink
angry :\ grin cheesy lwkm chai i don die for laughter... You ehn grin
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:11pm On Jul 24, 2015
VW jetta 2004, 2.5liter engine manual transmission.

Faults noticed

Failing clutch.
Stiff steering wheel. (electronic steering)

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Pyroclast(m): 10:41pm On Jul 24, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Speed demon!!!! grin chai! Need to get me 1 of these toys.

Meanwhile I will not be doing a customary engine wash since it's a misfire I'm trying to solve. So I'll just be doing a drycleaning. grin

Next time, I'd sit in the back!
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Emperoh(m): 11:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
lomomike:

Same here too!! I need 4 please!!

Running P0430, P0051 and P2241

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:08am On Jul 25, 2015
Passat 2004

Starting with the clutch.

Leaks noticed in lower clutch port, opened it up ans saw some kazeemy thread instead of a rubber seal angry

Also the rubbers on the clutch piston are worn. Will be replacing port.

1 Like

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by showreals(m): 4:33pm On Jul 25, 2015
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Kashif(m): 7:24am On Jul 26, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Mileage (60,000)

Washed and ready to go.

They source their transmissions from many manufacturers, from Jatco to Aisin to ZF to GM. They only came up with theirs in 2013, making them one of the very few auto makers with their own transmissions. I would be personally scared of their cars fitted with any of those.

Meanwhile, book two spacers for me wink
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:42am On Jul 26, 2015
Kashif:

They source their transmissions from many manufacturers, from Jatco to Aisin to ZF to GM. They only came up with theirs in 2013, making them one of the very few auto makers with their own transmissions. I would be personally scared of their cars fitted with any of those.

Meanwhile, book two spacers for me wink

Booked.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by knightfemi: 4:34pm On Jul 26, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Coming up in pics below.

Cars with evil problems grin

Still awaiting progress on the "evil" Jag. Let's give it some serious attention this week to cleanse it off it's spiritual problems. smiley
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Experience4u(m): 4:49pm On Jul 26, 2015
I think am in the same dilemma, bought a rav4 2004 2.4L and changed the oil it came with to Visco 2000 20w50 and after three months I switched to Hardex 5w30 which is the recommended oil grade. My engine was flushed with a pressure pump of a sort. But after 3 days my engine started smoking whitish blue flame especially during morning hours or when not driven for a long time. I don't know why my engine produces light white smokes but disappears as soon as possible, but with the change of oil, my car idling noise is now hardly heard and superb. Pls gurus what is the cause of the light smoking
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:33pm On Jul 26, 2015
knightfemi:

Still awaiting progress on the "evil" Jag. Let's give it some serious attention this week to cleanse it off it's spiritual problems. smiley

Radiator removal Drain the coolant, take out the electric fan and everything bolted to the shroud like wiring and aux coolant pump etc..., pull the bumper cover for easier access and the mounts up top that bolt the core in place. Remove and cap trans lines and remove rad hoses. Unbolts the power steering, condensor assemblies and tie strap them to hold partial togwether in place for reassembly Pull radiator.

Radiator removal only sad
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 26, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Radiator removal Drain the coolant, take out the electric fan and everything bolted to the shroud like wiring and aux coolant pump etc..., pull the bumper cover for easier access and the mounts up top that bolt the core in place. Remove and cap trans lines and remove rad hoses. Unbolts the power steering, condensor assemblies and tie strap them to hold partial togwether in place for reassembly Pull radiator.

All these dis-assembling Just to remove radiator only?

Shuuuooo British people wicked o! sad
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by colossus2: 6:52pm On Jul 26, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Na under bridge them fix the radiator abi na submersible pumping machine shocked
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 26, 2015
colossus2:

Na under bridge them fix the radiator abi na submersible pumping machine shocked

The process and steps to taking off the radiator is too tedious. Na almost white elephant project.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:09pm On Jul 26, 2015
lomomike:

The process and steps to taking off the radiator is too tedious. Na almost white elephant project.

Evil........... sad
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by knightfemi: 9:50am On Jul 27, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Evil........... sad

Very funny we have a new name for the Jag "Evil" grin .... However, the Auto doctor or shall I say Auto "Pastor" is up to the task, all faith in you bro.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Experience4u(m): 10:01am On Jul 27, 2015
I think am in the same dilemma, bought a rav4 2004 2.4L and changed the oil it came with to Visco 2000 20w50 and after three months I switched to Hardex 5w30 which is the recommended oil grade. My engine was flushed with a pressure pump of a sort. But after 3 days my engine started smoking whitish blue flame especially during morning hours or when not driven for a long time. I don't know why my engine produces light white smokes but disappears as soon as possible, but with the change of oil, my car idling noise is now hardly heard and superb. Pls Gazzuz what is the cause of the light smoking
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:32am On Jul 27, 2015
Experience4u:
I think am in the same dilemma, bought a rav4 2004 2.4L and changed the oil it came with to Visco 2000 20w50 and after three months I switched to Hardex 5w30 which is the recommended oil grade. My engine was flushed with a pressure pump of a sort. But after 3 days my engine started smoking whitish blue flame especially during morning hours or when not driven for a long time. I don't know why my engine produces light white smokes but disappears as soon as possible, but with the change of oil, my car idling noise is now hardly heard and superb. Pls Gazzuz what is the cause of the light smoking

Valve stem seals.

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwWsmH-cNiEoimsGunjjF4cos8RKfQo0Zmuboup4lotR4lUuqO[/img]

Replace.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Experience4u(m): 11:26am On Jul 27, 2015
Thanks Gazzuz, please how much does it cost to get the valve stem seals Toks and new.

GAZZUZZ:

Valve stem seals.

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwWsmH-cNiEoimsGunjjF4cos8RKfQo0Zmuboup4lotR4lUuqO[/img]

Replace.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:28pm On Jul 27, 2015
Experience4u:
Thanks Gazzuz, please how much does it cost to get the valve stem seals Toks and new.

New only

Very cheap but head cylinder must come down.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:12pm On Jul 27, 2015
My camera has been having a mind of its own. Think it's time to get a new phone.

Meanwhile

Jaguar S type 2002 continues
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:29pm On Jul 27, 2015
My camera has been having a mind of its own. Think it's time to get a new phone.

Meanwhile

Jaguar S type 2002 continues

Radiator down, the module that controls fan has been butchered and unfortunately I can't get exact fan to buy in the market, so to ensure fan works with a thermostat I'll have to improvise.(thinking of in cooperating a thermostat switching device)

Installing fan and wiring up cooling system in the morning.

Moving to limp mode and other issues.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Experience4u(m): 12:21am On Jul 28, 2015
Head cylinder must come down? What is the disadvantage or risk if I don't change the valve stem seal sir?

GAZZUZZ:

New only

Very cheap but head cylinder must come down.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:37pm On Jul 28, 2015
Jaguar Stype 2002

Radiator installed and system bleed, next is to solve the engine misfire, all plugs taken down, all injectors taken out.

Pics later please.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:43pm On Jul 28, 2015
Up next

Peugeot 406 Ew10 D9

Faults.

Abs errors
Cooling fan
Suspension work
Transmission work (clutch plate and disk)
Timing belt/tensioner replacement

Corrola 2006

Catalytic converter issues (spacin as usual)
Resurfacing of brake disks
Servicing
Evap emission errors.

Camry 2001

Noise in rear when brakes are pressed.

Will post pics in the morning.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by anonymousjuju(f): 11:47pm On Jul 28, 2015
Hello Gazzuzz, I have been a follower of your thread for awhile now and i must commend the work you are doing here helping guys with their automobile issues. Its such a pity I'm not based in lagos, would have brought my car for a serious check up.

I drive a 2003 Honda Accord and its been giving me some issues lately and my mechanic has been playing some funny games suggesting different issues here and there which is getting on my nerves. The issue is that, each time i try to start my engine, it will refuse to start after several attempts say like 4-5 times, then it will start and when i try to raise it to move, it won't make a move. I'll have to put it off and then try to start it again after which like up to 5 times, it will then start and move with a serious vibration all over the car.

Another Issue is that, the car vibrates aggressively to the extent you will see the steering wheel vibrating. If i put on my AC, then the vibration will become worse. If i'm in a traffic and parked, the vibration will be so serious i myself will be vibrating along with the car.

This is some of the numerous problems i am facing.

This is the definitation of spiritual problems with a car. Its painful, i am not in lagos, would have brought it to your workshop for serious check up. I think someone else mentioned similar problem here. Please kindly give me an idea of what the problem is so i can face my mechanic squarely when he comes up with ridiculous reasons.

Thanks
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:42am On Jul 29, 2015
anonymousjuju:
Hello Gazzuzz, I have been a follower of your thread for awhile now and i must commend the work you are doing here helping guys with their automobile issues. Its such a pity I'm not based in lagos, would have brought my car for a serious check up.

I drive a 2003 Honda Accord and its been giving me some issues lately and my mechanic has been playing some funny games suggesting different issues here and there which is getting on my nerves. The issue is that, each time i try to start my engine, it will refuse to start after several attempts say like 4-5 times, then it will start and when i try to raise it to move, it won't make a move. I'll have to put it off and then try to start it again after which like up to 5 times, it will then start and move with a serious vibration all over the car.

Another Issue is that, the car vibrates aggressively to the extent you will see the steering wheel vibrating. If i put on my AC, then the vibration will become worse. If i'm in a traffic and parked, the vibration will be so serious i myself will be vibrating along with the car.

This is some of the numerous problems i am facing.

This is the definitation of spiritual problems with a car. Its painful, i am not in lagos, would have brought it to your workshop for serious check up. I think someone else mentioned similar problem here. Please kindly give me an idea of what the problem is so i can face my mechanic squarely when he comes up with ridiculous reasons.

Thanks

Location?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (45) (Reply)

2020 Mercedes Benz AVTR Unveiled: Breaks Car Record With Its Looks / Benefits Of Using Coolants Versus Water In Car Radiators. / Igbo Big Boys Storm Their Village With Their Cars For Christmas. (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.