Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,243 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online - Car Talk (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online (111085 Views)

Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. / 15 Tips To Prolong The Life-span Of Your Vehicle. / Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:36am On Jul 29, 2015
Camry 2001 with noise when brakes are depressed.

Culprit is the braking material, (autoboss brake shoes) grin

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:10am On Jul 29, 2015
Corrola 2006

O2 sensor spaced (down stream). Going for the brake rotors and later the leaking fuel area (Evap. Errors)

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:01am On Jul 29, 2015
Camry 2001

Rear shoe replacement done.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Emperoh(m): 9:29am On Jul 29, 2015
Interested in your evap issue solutions
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:19pm On Jul 29, 2015
Emperoh:
Interested in your evap issue solutions

Leak from fuel pump area, bolts incomplete.

Will use scanner to do Evap test.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by knightfemi: 3:31pm On Jul 29, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Jaguar Stype 2002

Radiator installed and system bleed, next is to solve the engine misfire, all plugs taken down, all injectors taken out.

Pics later please.

Update please
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by blazetitov: 3:53pm On Jul 29, 2015
Nice work!!
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by anonymousjuju(f): 7:06pm On Jul 29, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Location?

Abuja
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:19am On Jul 30, 2015
anonymousjuju:

Abuja

Searching my Abuja contacts,will get back to you soon.

[size=1pt]lomomike can you help?[/size]
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:24am On Jul 30, 2015
Jetta 2005 work continues.

Electronic steering removed from vehicle, replacement bought, also notice lower arm bushings were fitted with tyres

Lower clutch port also bought.

All parts are toks.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:28am On Jul 30, 2015
More pics jetta 2005

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 30, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Searching my Abuja contacts,will get back to you soon.

[size=1pt]lomomike can you help?[/size]

My General, I loyal. I can be of help, she should come today or tomorrow (friday) I am very busy on saturday.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 30, 2015
anonymousjuju:
Hello Gazzuzz, I have been a follower of your thread for awhile now and i must commend the work you are doing here helping guys with their automobile issues. Its such a pity I'm not based in lagos, would have brought my car for a serious check up.

I drive a 2003 Honda Accord and its been giving me some issues lately and my mechanic has been playing some funny games suggesting different issues here and there which is getting on my nerves. The issue is that, each time i try to start my engine, it will refuse to start after several attempts say like 4-5 times, then it will start and when i try to raise it to move, it won't make a move. I'll have to put it off and then try to start it again after which like up to 5 times, it will then start and move with a serious vibration all over the car.

Another Issue is that, the car vibrates aggressively to the extent you will see the steering wheel vibrating. If i put on my AC, then the vibration will become worse. If i'm in a traffic and parked, the vibration will be so serious i myself will be vibrating along with the car.

This is some of the numerous problems i am facing.

This is the definitation of spiritual problems with a car. Its painful, i am not in lagos, would have brought it to your workshop for serious check up. I think someone else mentioned similar problem here. Please kindly give me an idea of what the problem is so i can face my mechanic squarely when he comes up with ridiculous reasons.

Thanks

Call me today or tomorrow. Saturday, I'd be very much occupied with other activities.

By the way, is your car a V6 or 4 cylinder EOD?
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by anonymousjuju(f): 11:02pm On Jul 30, 2015
lomomike:

Call me today or tomorrow. Saturday, I'd be very much occupied with other activities.

By the way, is your car a V6 or 4 cylinder EOD?

Hi Lomomike, its a V6 EOD. I'll give you a call soon. Thanks
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:02pm On Jul 31, 2015
Been really busy, and have not been updating with pictures.

Jetta has been fixed steering is perfect.

Jaguar battery ran down and is being charged so work done can be tested.

Other vehicles are for nairalanders and they specifically instructed no posting of their vehicles on NL, so I am respecting their wishes.

Should be in delta and ph tommorow, pics of work done there will be posted.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by colossus2: 10:44pm On Jul 31, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Been really busy, and have not been updating with pictures.

Jetta has been fixed steering is perfect.

Jaguar battery ran down and is being charged so work done can be tested.

Other vehicles are for nairalanders and they specifically instructed no posting of their vehicles on NL, so I am respecting their wishes.

Should be in delta and ph tommorow, pics of work done there will be posted.

Santa Claus Gazzuzz is coming to town. Gazzuzz please how can I hook with you since you will be closer sir embarassed

1 Like

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:12pm On Aug 01, 2015
Jaguar S type

Making progress on the job, radiator replaced, spark plugs replaced, injectors serviced.

Cooling fans are set to run direct when the fan is turned on, I tried looking for the factory fan module in the market, but found non so I had to improvise.

Now it's better to use the factory specs but when you can't get it then kazeemy work comes to play.

The main coolant hose from the top to the radiator was cut in 2 and a straight aluminum pipe was fitted in-between, before that I bought a thermostat switch for a camry 98 (lower side radiator) and welded a threading on the aluminum pipe to ensure the thermostat could be screwed firmly, also installed an "O" ring at the base before screwing it to ensure no leaks.

Now the thermostat switch is a closed circuit when coolant is below 90deg and opens when temp is above 90 now that's a problem cause it cannot be fitted into the fan relay straight , so another relay was designed to change the workings of the thermostat to open when above 90 and closed when below 90 (will try and post pics later), wired up tested and works perfect "no more steady fan, and temp is steady at half mark without overheating.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:56pm On Aug 01, 2015
Peugeot 406 EW10 D9 saloon 2003.

Faults.

Suspension noises
Timing belt/tensioner (preventive)
Power steering leak
Spark plug coil replacement
Cooling fan (setting back to factory)
Speaker replacements (all 4)
Tape player - CD player
Panelbeating
Abs sensor replacement
Brake binding
Wheel Alignment (front and rear)
Brake pad replacement
Brake rotor resurfacing

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:01pm On Aug 01, 2015
Peugeot 406

Timing belt replacement in progress

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:07pm On Aug 01, 2015
Peugeot 406

Set all locking pins with new belt.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:12pm On Aug 01, 2015
Peugeot 406

Brake pad replacement

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Ziggyzito(m): 10:02pm On Aug 01, 2015
What's up house? How much would it cost to change the speakers for a 406 2003 model? And also the cost of a factory CD loader to replace the cassette player.thanks.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by igbsam(m): 10:02pm On Aug 01, 2015
Oga Gazzuzz, i greet you. It was nice meeting with you yesterday even though you were so busy with work. I hope to make up with the appointment for Tuesday.

I also forgot to ask, do you service Car CD Players ?
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:42am On Aug 02, 2015
igbsam:
Oga Gazzuzz, i greet you. It was nice meeting with you yesterday even though you were so busy with work. I hope to make up with the appointment for Tuesday.

I also forgot to ask, do you service Car CD Players ?

Was nice to meet you too. Don't service CD players, see you on tuesday.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:45am On Aug 02, 2015
Ziggyzito:
What's up house? How much would it cost to change the speakers for a 406 2003 model? And also the cost of a factory CD loader to replace the cassette player.thanks.

Cd player (toks) about 15k (plus re-writing vin) speakers, not really sure. But you can ask this guy +234 813 453 6143 he just replaced his.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by igbsam(m): 8:43pm On Aug 03, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Was nice to meet you too. Don't service CD players, see you on tuesday.

Oga Gazzuzz, change of appointment/plans o. My Boss choose tomorrow of all days to send me to the island o. I'll do everything within my reach to come around and If not, I'll reschedule a new appointment.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:04pm On Aug 04, 2015
Honda accord 2004 I4

Faults.

Engine rev not going above 2.3k rpm

Check engine light on

Abs light on.

Scan results.

P0141, P1157, P0113, P0122, P2647

Permanent codes were

P2647 Vtech oil pressure sensor.
P1157 O2 sensor bank1 sensor 1
P0141. O2 Sensor Heater Bank 1 Sensor 2

Customer was here most of the day, and car is fixed but I'm just sharing with the house to keep it lively.

Basically both O2 sensors are bad and have to be replaced.

P2647 was the reason engine went into limp mode, its designed to ensure minimal damage to engine by limiting rev. The Vtec oil pressure sensor detected no pressure and that could mean serious engine damage. But the problem was from the sensor and not the oil pump.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:18pm On Aug 04, 2015
To take out the bank1 sensor 2 O2 sensor, you have to take out the front right passenger seat.

Disconnect the 4pin O2 sensor socket.

Sorry the pics were poorly taken. cry

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:23pm On Aug 04, 2015
Abs codes were rear right and front right sensor codes

They have not been replaced but will bedone weekend when customer returns.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:26pm On Aug 04, 2015
Peugeot 406

Engine wash.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by kenmaro: 10:48am On Aug 05, 2015
Hi Gazzuz. My mazda 6 is still guzzling fuel and it's still having a rough idling mostly at first start in the morning, hesitating, but no check light and no codes. A full tank of fuel (68litres) took me only 202miles instead of about 400miles. Note: Car is a 2.3ltr engine 4cylinder.

GAZZUZZ:

Speed demon!!!! grin chai! Need to get me 1 of these toys.

Meanwhile I will not be doing a customary engine wash since it's a misfire I'm trying to solve. So I'll just be doing a drycleaning. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (45) (Reply)

2020 Mercedes Benz AVTR Unveiled: Breaks Car Record With Its Looks / Benefits Of Using Coolants Versus Water In Car Radiators. / Igbo Big Boys Storm Their Village With Their Cars For Christmas. (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.