Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:57 PM

Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online - Car Talk (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online (110498 Views)

Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. / 15 Tips To Prolong The Life-span Of Your Vehicle. / Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:29am On Sep 03, 2015
Take down intake manifold, remove serpentine belt (remember how it was b4 you removed it) take out alternator, take out starter motor, unbolt a/c compressor but do not remove the pressure lines.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:34am On Sep 03, 2015
Kia Cerato 2007

Vehicle also had a history of a/c problems and in the course of taking down the compressor we spotted some oil in the compressor pressure lines, checked with the leak detectors and confirmed with another detector and it seems to be the source of the primary leak. Will continue checks after I'm done with bringing down the engine.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:39am On Sep 03, 2015
Kia Cerato 07

Now we go under, the exhaust pipe unbolted, power steering unbolted about to unscrew the. Torque converter bolts.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:48am On Sep 03, 2015
Remove sensitive brittle sensors that could get easily broken when engine is being moved.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:50am On Sep 03, 2015
Checking ocv strainer, really blocked!!!

Consequences of using wrong engine oil and not changing at required time.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by kingreign(m): 11:00am On Sep 03, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Kia Cerato 07

Now we go under, the exhaust pipe unbolted, power steering unbolted about to unscrew the. Torque converter bolts.

prof, that Agro Silicone spray, I like am.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:53am On Sep 03, 2015
Every bolt holding the engine to the transmission is out, engine oil is being drained, ready for removal.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:17pm On Sep 03, 2015
Engine is coming out, don't forget to remove the bonnet. grin

Now the work begins. cool

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by ukata16(m): 12:23pm On Sep 03, 2015
Wow!
Fascinating and educating
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:16pm On Sep 03, 2015
Engine down.

First thing is to find the timing marks!!!

[size=1pt]nurey[/size]

http://www.ksmanual.com/timing_chain_installation-230.html

Once you have them then take down the camshafts and timing chain.

Water pump is stiff and noisy and will be replaced.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:29pm On Sep 03, 2015
Gently pry out the chain cover and there you have it !! The timing chain wink

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:42pm On Sep 03, 2015
Head cylinder down, and there's the headgasket.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by anotherboy: 9:53pm On Sep 03, 2015
@GAZZUZZ. pls bros am not sure I have searched well but how do I reach on mobile or chat urgently.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:10pm On Sep 03, 2015
anotherboy:
@GAZZUZZ. pls bros am not sure I have searched well but how do I reach on mobile or chat urgently.

08033910382 whatsapp
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by nissparts(m): 8:54am On Sep 04, 2015
G, do you offer a mobile service for the AC leak detection?
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:23pm On Sep 04, 2015
nissparts:
G, do you offer a mobile service for the AC leak detection?

Not at the moment.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:34pm On Sep 04, 2015
Cerato

Sorry parts came in late, worked thru the night and couldn't take pics.

New headgasket reinstall every part back in reverse order and car started like it was never opened in the first place.

Will keep vehicle till Monday, to look out for oil leaks and shortage of coolant.

For now case closed.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by eherbal(m): 8:40pm On Sep 04, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Cerato

Sorry parts came in late, worked thru the night and couldn't take pics.

New headgasket reinstall every part back in reverse order and car started like it was never opened in the first place.

Will keep vehicle till Monday, to look out for oil leaks and shortage of coolant.

For now case closed.
i was there live and direct. Modern tools. Surgical precision from the surgeon general of automobiles. grin
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:36pm On Sep 04, 2015
And then there was 1.......

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:01pm On Sep 04, 2015
Accord 93 (bullet tongue) 2.3liter I4 manual tranmission

Problems

-Suspension kpom noises
-Vibration when clutch pedal is released
-Oil leaks from under engine
-slugish takeoff engine is really underpowered
-Vibration and sway to the right when brakes are depressed from speeds above 60km/hr
-Unburnt fuel fumes getting into the cabin area
-Oil leaks from valve cover
-Vibration on sharp acceleration

Culprits.

Clutchplate/disk
Cv joints(inner)
Balljoints
Brakedisks(rotors)
Brakepads
Valve cover seals
Timing marks reset
Leaking exhaust
Engine tune.

[size=1pt]eherbal[/size]

1 Share

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:19pm On Sep 04, 2015
I had a lot of 1MZ and 3MZ engines in the office this week(highlander ,RX300) and most of them had 1 thing in common P1349 or a related VVTI code.

This is how I solved most of them, open up the filter for the OCV and have it replaced.

They usually get clogged with sludge and oil residue.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by eherbal(m): 8:09am On Sep 05, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Accord 93 (bullet tongue) 2.3liter I4 manual tranmission

Problems

-Suspension kpom noises
-Vibration when clutch pedal is released
-Oil leaks from under engine
-slugish takeoff engine is really underpowered
-Vibration and sway to the right when brakes are depressed from speeds above 60km/hr
-Unburnt fuel fumes getting into the cabin area
-Oil leaks from valve cover
-Vibration on sharp acceleration

Culprits.

Clutchplate/disk
Cv joints(inner)
Balljoints
Brakedisks(rotors)
Brakepads
Valve cover seals
Timing marks reset
Leaking exhaust
Engine tune.

[size=1pt]eherbal[/size]

Guilty As Charged. I Promise To Take it Easy On The Clutch When The Vehicle Is Fixed grin
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:51am On Sep 05, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Head cylinder down, and there's the headgasket.

did you have to take out the engine to do timing ? or other reasons
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:58am On Sep 05, 2015
ZIMDRILL:

You done come again!
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:41pm On Sep 05, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

You done come again!

just asking if it was necessary to take out the engine or you had other reason to take it out ?
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:24pm On Sep 05, 2015
ZIMDRILL:

just asking if it was necessary to take out the engine or you had other reason to take it out ?

You are a technical guy what do you think? What would you have done?

Hope you read thru before commenting?
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by colossus2: 6:01pm On Sep 05, 2015
ZIMDRILL:

GAZZUZZ:
Head gasket can be changed while engine is in the bay, but I'll prefer dropping the engine to get better access.
There lies your answer sir wink
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:39pm On Sep 05, 2015
colossus2:

There lies your answer sir wink

ok i hate taking the engine out unless its really necessary its to much work and hours

1 Like

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:10pm On Sep 05, 2015
ZIMDRILL:

ok i hate taking the engine out unless its really necessary its to much work and hours

You picked the wrong type of job.

1 Like

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:26pm On Sep 05, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

You picked the wrong type of job.

remember am based in UK we charged per hour based or flat fee based on the hours would spend

so quicky way but effiecent way is the best, reason dont take long doing a car becoz you would be loosing on cars waiting, here things work on time

1 Like

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:00pm On Sep 05, 2015
ZIMDRILL:

remember am based in UK we charged per hour based or flat fee based on the hours would spend

so quicky way but effiecent way is the best, reason dont take long doing a car becoz you would be loosing on cars waiting, here things work on time

I'm in Lagos Nigeria, we do the job well and Efficiently, time Is really not a constraint.

4 Likes

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:23pm On Sep 05, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

I'm in Lagos Nigeria, we do the job well and Efficiently, time Is really not a constraint.

i know here time really matters

as long your method works for you it doesnt me am right or your worng

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (45) (Reply)

2020 Mercedes Benz AVTR Unveiled: Breaks Car Record With Its Looks / Benefits Of Using Coolants Versus Water In Car Radiators. / Igbo Big Boys Storm Their Village With Their Cars For Christmas. (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.