Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,769 members, 7,806,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Is This Message Truely From Yahoo? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Is This Message Truely From Yahoo? (823 Views)

Yahoo Registration Sign Up Page--yahoomail Create / Www.yahoomail.com | Yahoo Mail Sign Up Sign In Page. / Has Any One Seen This Message From MTN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Message Truely From Yahoo? by Funjosh(m): 4:35am On Jun 04, 2015
Got this message from Yahoo yesterday. Requesting I should upgrade my account within 48hrs or I loose it, so please just want to confirm if its truly from Yahoo or not.

Re: Is This Message Truely From Yahoo? by madridguy(m): 5:31am On Jun 04, 2015
Disregard the email quick and don't attempt to click any link as it is very dangerous. It is phishing scam. All they want from you is for you to click on the link so that the culprit will be able to access your personal information.

Phishing scams are typically fraudulent email messages appearing to come from legitimate enterprises (e.g., your university, your Internet service provider, your bank). These messages usually direct you to a spoofed website or otherwise get you to divulge private information (e.g., passphrase, credit card, or other account updates). The perpetrators then use this private information to commit identity theft.
Re: Is This Message Truely From Yahoo? by Funjosh(m): 4:55am On Jun 24, 2015
madridguy:
Disregard the email quick and don't attempt to click any link as it is very dangerous. It is phishing scam. All they want from you is for you to click on the link so that the culprit will be able to access your personal information.

Phishing scams are typically fraudulent email messages appearing to come from legitimate enterprises (e.g., your university, your Internet service provider, your bank). These messages usually direct you to a spoofed website or otherwise get you to divulge private information (e.g., passphrase, credit card, or other account updates). The perpetrators then use this private information to commit identity theft.

Still received same message on monday afternoon, why can't they just leave me alone
Re: Is This Message Truely From Yahoo? by madridguy(m): 5:33am On Jun 24, 2015
At times the perpetrator continuing sending you the same message with the hope of you falling into their trap some day...always delete the message anytime you receive it sir.

Funjosh:

Still received same message on monday afternoon, why can't they just leave me alone
Re: Is This Message Truely From Yahoo? by Funjosh(m): 6:08am On Jun 24, 2015
madridguy:
At times the perpetrator continuing sending you the same message with the hope of you falling into their trap some day...always delete the message anytime you receive it sir.

But what could have caused it all, think I also received a scam job interview from exxon Mobil of recent also. Thanks bro. smiley
Re: Is This Message Truely From Yahoo? by lcoral(f): 1:46pm On Jun 24, 2015
I diud received such mail some months back wch I ignored. But right now I can't access my yahoo mail no longer. Each time I try to log in am told d email is invalid. Though kinda of painful cos its my main email hence I hv lost lots of information.
Re: Is This Message Truely From Yahoo? by Funjosh(m): 5:41am On Jun 25, 2015
lcoral:
I diud received such mail some months back wch I ignored. But right now I can't access my yahoo mail no longer. Each time I try to log in am told d email is invalid. Though kinda of painful cos its my main email hence I hv lost lots of information.

Are you serious, because I later check the address its not from yahoo. They should not close my email o.

Is their a way Yahoo can be contacted

(1) (Reply)

Things You Need To Know About Kangertech NEBOX 60W TC Starter Kit / Hp Laptop Case / Know The Difference Between Comets, Asteroids, Meteors And So On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.