Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners (17969 Views)

Ambode Places Permanent Ban On VIO Officials, FRSC From State Roads / Stop Harassing Fayose, Ekiti Government – PDP Elders Tell FG / Driver Lies Under His Bus As VIO Officials Try To Impound His Car (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners by peeta4u(m): 6:15am On Jun 04, 2015
LAGOS—Governor Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State, yesterday warned officials of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, LASTMA and Vehicle Inspection Officers, VIOs to desist from forcing themselves into vehicles of suspected traffic offenders.

Ambode gave the warning during an interactive session with officials of LASTMA, Kick Against Indiscipline, KAI and VIO at Government State House, Ikeja, said the act negates the administration’s promise to residents prior to the 2015 governorship election.

The governor said: “I want LASTMA, KAI, and VIO to help this government deliver on the promises made to the public, and there are two promises: to make life simpler for every resident of Lagos and make each resident happier than before.

“I don’t want officers that will torture my citizens. They may be offenders but don’t torture them. Don’t jump into their cars to enforce arrest. This is where you have to be creative and use technology in the implementation of the law. For now, no harassment.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/ambode-to-lastma-vio-officials-stop-forcing-yourselves-into-motorists-vehicles/

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners by Bisjosh(f): 6:16am On Jun 04, 2015
Good!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners by Nobody: 6:18am On Jun 04, 2015
Nice one , just kidnap any lastman wey talk sey him get craze wey Jump enter ur car dey demand money grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners by Lattop(m): 6:31am On Jun 04, 2015
Jump into my car at your own perish cool

Thanks Mr Governor

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners by mrking3(m): 6:34am On Jun 04, 2015
What do you expect from touts? I think they need serious orientation and sensitisation on how to go about doing their job.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners by Princess042(f): 6:55am On Jun 04, 2015
Thank you Ambode
These people now see themselves as gods

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners by gare(f): 7:16am On Jun 04, 2015
peeta4u:
LAGOS—Governor Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos
State, yesterday warned officials of the Lagos State
Traffic Management Authority, LASTMA and Vehicle
Inspection Officers, VIOs to desist from forcing
themselves into vehicles of suspected traffic offenders. Ambode gave the warning during an interactive
session with officials of LASTMA, Kick Against
Indiscipline, KAI and VIO at Government State House,
Ikeja, said the act negates the administration’s
promise to residents prior to the 2015 governorship
election.
The governor said: “I want LASTMA, KAI, and VIO to
help this government deliver on the promises made
to the public, and there are two promises: to make
life simpler for every resident of Lagos and make
each resident happier than before.
“I don’t want officers that will torture my citizens.
They may be offenders but don’t torture them. Don’t
jump into their cars to enforce arrest. This is where
you have to be creative and use technology in the
implementation of the law. For now, no harassment.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/ambode-to-lastma-vio-officials-stop-forcing-yourselves-into-motorists-vehicles/
Woke pls take note and do same in Port Harcourt, TIMARIV needs to be called to order, please try and redefine there responsibilities because they are acting mad now

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners by femmy2010(m): 7:26am On Jun 04, 2015
Good
Re: Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 04, 2015
I never liked Ambode candidacy in the last elections. But now I am beginning to see reasons to like him.

15 Likes

Re: Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners by lilbazy(m): 7:56am On Jun 04, 2015
It happened in a hospital in Warri, Delta State… Intensive Care Unit (ICU) patients died, in the same bed, every Sunday at 3pm. Doctors thought it was something supernatural. So, a team of experts was formed to Investigate the cause or causes. The following Sunday, few minutes before 3pm, all doctors & Nurses stood around that particular bed waiting to see what it was. Then suddenly Akpos (Part time sweeper) entered the ICU, unplugged the Life Support system of that Bed & then plugged his blackberry charger.
How was your day?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners by Ariyke: 7:56am On Jun 04, 2015
Good one from mr Govenor

1 Like

Re: Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 04, 2015
make I catch any of them rats jump inside my car again. na back hand slap you go get.

5 Likes

Re: Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners by Edunwa302(m): 8:31am On Jun 04, 2015
Nice one
Re: Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners by kennydee05(m): 9:04am On Jun 04, 2015
Ambode good one
Amboooo!!!
Atide!!!

4 Likes

Re: Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners by stevecantrell: 9:06am On Jun 04, 2015
Fashola, have you heard ?

That's a real governor speaking.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners by DjHypno(m): 11:12am On Jun 04, 2015
Make dem hear.
Re: Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners by williams368(m): 11:12am On Jun 04, 2015
Gud job
Re: Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners by Burger01(m): 11:12am On Jun 04, 2015
Better. The excesses of these illiterates in uniforms are just too way overboard angry

4 Likes

Re: Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners by Bants(m): 11:13am On Jun 04, 2015
Word of mouth don start how can LASTMA listen to this man when he is not talking about increasing their salary or better living condition
Re: Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners by kay29000(m): 11:13am On Jun 04, 2015
This is a much needed move by Ambode...Those guys overdo their work, and use power vested on them to harass normal everyday citizens. Anyway,if you have problem lasting long in bed, hit me up on BBM- 7C22F6EC.
Re: Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners by strongerthaneva(m): 11:13am On Jun 04, 2015
PUSH1:
I never liked Ambode candidacy in the last elections. But now I am beginning to see reasons to like him.
God bless u so much..dont judge people until u close to them..

1 Like

Re: Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners by UnknownT: 11:13am On Jun 04, 2015
A typical case of MBA ANA ABARA AGU grin . The officers that harass and drag steering wheels with drivers didn't come to the meeting grin

4 Likes

Re: Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners by efilefun(m): 11:14am On Jun 04, 2015
Ambode is working wike is crying and lamenting while FAYOSE is running up and down

10 Likes

Re: Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners by Sijo01(f): 11:14am On Jun 04, 2015
Will they listen? bunch of rascals.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners by ocelot2006(m): 11:14am On Jun 04, 2015
Okay, now THAT I support.
Re: Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners by jamex93(m): 11:15am On Jun 04, 2015
good one
Re: Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners by mastermynd(m): 11:16am On Jun 04, 2015
Bisjosh:
Good!
officer Titus nd co

Bad market for una
Re: Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners by simongonner: 11:16am On Jun 04, 2015
that's good
Re: Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners by ebukadrums009(m): 11:16am On Jun 04, 2015
OK
Re: Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners by instaforexngr(m): 11:17am On Jun 04, 2015
Bad news for LASTMA and VIO
Re: Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners by bonechamberlain(m): 11:17am On Jun 04, 2015
stipulate a punishment for them not just to warn

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lucky Lelebori Coxson / Judge Blasts FG For Not Producing Witnesses Against Orubebe. / How We Plan To Create 100,000 Jobs In Nigeria — UK Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.