Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,667 members, 7,801,926 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. (6778 Views)

EFCC: Tompolo Goes Underground To Evade Arrest / Politicians, Others Evade BVN / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. by delonz(m): 6:53am On Jun 04, 2015
A Nigerian state governor was back in trousers and at his desk yesterday after dressing up as a woman and skipping bail in Britain on charges of laundering £1.8m.
Diepreye Alamieyeseigha returned to his home village a folk hero after apparently escaping Europe in a dress and on a forged passport. Crowds cheered and waved leaves to welcome back the governor of Bayelsa state and a paper, ThisDay, published a photomontage of him in a red dress, necklace, head-dress and lipstick. "Today I am back at my desk, forever committed to serve the people of Bayelsa and Nigeria. I thank the almighty God for his protection," said Mr Alamieyeseigha.

The governor was arrested at Heathrow airport in September and had his passport confiscated. He faced three money-laundering charges after police found £1m in cash at his London address and property in his name worth £10m.

Having returned to Nigeria last weekend - forfeiting a £1.25m bail bond - he is expected to be immune from legal action until his term as governor ends in 2007.

Mr Alamieyeseigha was coy when asked how he evaded British controls to make it back to his village in the Niger delta. "I don't know myself. I just woke up and found myself in Amassoma."

Nigerian newspapers quoted unnamed aides who described a journey in drag. Dressed as a woman, the governor is said to have taken a Eurostar train from London to Paris and then flown to Douala, a port city in Cameroon neighbouring Nigeria, where a speedboat took him home under cover of darkness. The disguise was helped by the fugitive's weight loss during his stay in Europe, which included a tummy tuck operation in Germany.

Thousands lined the streets to cheer his cavalcade through the province but elsewhere several thousand people marched in protest at his return.

The economic and financial crimes commission, part of the federal government's anti-corruption drive, hinted that it would seek to prosecute him. "What I feel bad about is that Nigeria is viewed as a safe haven for people to be protected," said Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, the commission's chairman.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/nov/23/hearafrica05.development

1 Like

Re: How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. by fatdon2(m): 6:55am On Jun 04, 2015
King of Disguise
cc: lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. by Ebubeslym(m): 6:56am On Jun 04, 2015
lol
Re: How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. by EverestdeBliu(m): 6:59am On Jun 04, 2015
Why digging up old sh!tt? Guess u're bent on marring him the more. Go get a job,its too early a morning to start with such.
Re: How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. by midolian(m): 7:00am On Jun 04, 2015
Buhahahaha..

How hin com take hide that hin big belle? Oh! That could be mistaken for a 9mnth old pregnancy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 04, 2015
Governor general of d niger delta states

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. by tyson99(m): 7:02am On Jun 04, 2015
chief Mrs Alamieyeseigha dis naija Ehn na something elsegrin

7 Likes

Re: How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. by tunde1200(m): 7:04am On Jun 04, 2015
undecided
I know lots about this story.

1 Like

Re: How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. by tunde1200(m): 7:06am On Jun 04, 2015
grin grin

tyson99:
chief Mrs Alamieyeseigha dis naija Ehn na something elsegrin

1 Like

Re: How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. by EverestdeBliu(m): 7:06am On Jun 04, 2015
midolian:
Buhahahaha
rejoicing over a man's mischief? Ur comment on the igbo-islam-convertie is still fresh in mind. U should know why I had to remind u

1 Like

Re: How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. by philGeo(m): 7:06am On Jun 04, 2015
Beautiful woman man.
Re: How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. by CountDracula(m): 7:06am On Jun 04, 2015
Loool... And he was able to pass succesfully? He looks too ugly to b a woman naw!
Re: How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. by fashoo2010(m): 7:08am On Jun 04, 2015
And some people still call dis people their leader, their mentor, role model... A whole governor dressing to avoid arrest...

4 Likes

Re: How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. by Pavore9: 7:08am On Jun 04, 2015
Negatively creative!
Re: How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. by ziccoit: 7:11am On Jun 04, 2015
Whoever pardoned this level of crime to humanity is a dunce. Yes, a very big one at that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. by midolian(m): 7:13am On Jun 04, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
rejoicing over a man's mischief? Ur comment on the igbo-islam-convertie is still fresh in mind. U should know why I had to remind u
monitoring demon grin grin

Isn't this funny? A criminal with a big belly disguising himself as a lady. Abeg make I laff. I am not rejoicing over anything. Its jst funny to me and I am sure he himself will laff everytime he comes across this picture.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. by Samlestic2luv(m): 7:13am On Jun 04, 2015
wat a mentality! 9ja i hail thee
Re: How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. by EverestdeBliu(m): 7:27am On Jun 04, 2015
midolian:
monitoring demon grin grin

Isn't this funny? A criminal with a big belly disguising himself as a lady. Abeg make I laff. I am not rejoicing over anything. Its jst funny to me and I am sure he himself will laff everytime he comes across this picture.
well if your faith permits the mockery of one over his woes,continue...all good for you.
Re: How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. by midolian(m): 7:32am On Jun 04, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
well if your faith permits the mockery of one over his woes,continue...all good for you.
hey man, how else do I need to explain this to you b4 u can understand. This has nothing to do with my faith. It has everything to do with me And me alone..leave my faith out of it. Attack the person and not the religion. A christian can't offend me now and for that reason, I begin to say that is what his/her religion teaches him.

Plus I already told you the pix looks extremely funny to me..This man is a free man @ the moment..this is his past. so what woes are you talking about?.. jst let me be pls.

2 Likes

Re: How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. by delonz(m): 7:32am On Jun 04, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
Why digging up old sh!tt? Guess u're bent on marring him the more. Go get a job,its too early a morning to start with such.
Shot that hole you call mouth, do you think you have a job? If you think you know so much, they are people who needs the information. Records are not just kept for keeping sake, they are kept for re visitation and that is history. Don't tell people how to live their lives, we all have our opinions, by the way who invited you to read the post?

2 Likes

Re: How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. by Masterclass32: 8:07am On Jun 04, 2015
So what's with this idea of dressing like women? undecided

Dis na the new trend?
Re: How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. by amichaelz101(m): 8:08am On Jun 04, 2015
K
Re: How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. by 7footre(m): 8:24am On Jun 04, 2015
And this man received presidential pardon and a national award.... crime pays big time in Nigeria I swear down
Re: How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:27am On Jun 04, 2015
As Buruji Kashamu is extradited to the United States, D.S.P. Alamiesigha should start warming up to go to the United Kingdom.

1 Like

Re: How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. by Luckygurl(f): 8:43am On Jun 04, 2015
Lol!! I remember this story as a kid though..
I was always disturbing Dad to keep me posted on the outcome of the story.
I never understood the gravity of his offence but the act of disguising himself as a female was what kept me intrigued.

He's been granted federal pardon.......
Re: How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. by Jinyjagz(m): 9:09am On Jun 04, 2015
naija I hail ooo
Re: How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. by tucky200(m): 9:11am On Jun 04, 2015
EverestdeBliu:

Re: How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. by docmoses(m): 9:12am On Jun 04, 2015
k
Re: How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. by JingoOAU(m): 9:26am On Jun 04, 2015
That is Jonathan's role Model, and by extension, the greatest role model to the TANoids, PDP, imbecilic touts from 'it's our Oyel', etc
Re: How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. by okeke00(m): 9:40am On Jun 04, 2015
i still doubt that story. OBJ knows much about his arrest.
He came back with a forged passport?
who released him from the captive?
was their any visa on the passport he came back with?
do you think you can just disguise like a woman and beat heathrow airport?

abeg, tell me another story jareh. i am no kid to believe that crap
Re: How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. by delonz(m): 9:50am On Jun 04, 2015
okeke00:
i still doubt that story. OBJ knows much about his arrest.
He came back with a forged passport?
who released him from the captive?
was their any visa on the passport he came back with?
do you think you can just disguise like a woman and beat heathrow airport?

abeg, tell me another story jareh. i am no kid to believe that crap
I am 100% sure you didn't read the news, you just talking for talking sake, did you ever read where it was mention that he escaped through Heathrow Airport? And to answer your question: Yes passport could be arranged, people travel with resemblance.
Re: How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. by okeke00(m): 9:52am On Jun 04, 2015
delonz:
I am 100% sure you didn't read the news, you just talking for talking sake, did you ever read where it was mention that he escaped through Heathrow Airport? And to answer your question: Yes passport could be arranged, people travel with resemblance.
he was arrested right, who released him?

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Son Will Rather Die Than Stay Out Of Biafra's Struggle- Kanu's Father / If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" / Gallant Soldeir Excited As They Kill A Big Eagle bird In Sabisa Forest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.