Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,738 members, 7,802,233 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

Reasons Why Men Don't Listen To Women - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why Men Don't Listen To Women (2648 Views)

"When It Comes To Women, Nigerian Men Are The Kings Of Africa" - South African / SINGLE MEN: Don't Take Your Woman For Granted - Bamisepeters' Blog / Guy Gets Epic Reply After Asking Why Women Vex When Men Don't Eat Their Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Men Don't Listen To Women by vizkiz: 10:52am On Jun 04, 2015
You often hear a wife complain, "My husband never listens to me." Or a girlfriend agonize to her best mate, "My boyfriend never seems to pay any attention to what I tell him".

Ladies, have you ever stopped to think what may be the case?Some of the common reasons men don’t listen to women are:

1. Women talk too much

Often women have so much to say that the pertinent facts get lost in the intricacies of the story. She never stops talking about that cute top she saw at a store, how her sister is expecting a baby, how she had a fight with another girl hating on her. the list wouldn't just stop cry

2. Women nag

One of the commonest complaints men have is that their partners often nag them. And since they’re used to the general trend of it, they don’t think there’s anything different about what they’re whining about.

3. We (men) don’t like to be controlled

Men feel that if they listen to a woman in terms of following her instructions, it’s a sign that they are putty in her hands and that she’ll take undue advantage of the situation. Once he gives in to her demands, he’ll be the equivalent of a puppet on a string.

4. There are more pressing matters

If a woman is incessantly babbling in the background and a man is doing something far more important – at least to him - like watching a thrilling football match, the last thing he wants to do is turn off the television and tune in to his partner.

5. Some men just have a short attention span

Often, men cannot keep their focus on what a woman is saying for too long. They rarely have the patience to give women their listening ear for more than a certain fixed duration, which is normally about ten minutes at the most.

6. The topic is of little interest to them

And then, of course, if she insists on raving about the designer watch her boss’ wife was sporting or the chandelier earrings her friend's rich boyfriend surprised her with, that’s really not something a man is interested in hearing.

So, if you want your man to listen to you, Keep it short. Don’t meander on about every little insignificant thing, especially if you’ve noticed that he has no use for such frivolous details. If you have to go into detail, make it interesting. Hold him rapt with a cute anecdote or a funny story that will grab his attention and hold him captive.

Stop being predictable and nagging him about the same stuff. Don’t even try talking to him when he’s got the television on. Eliminate all distractions, or wait till he’s done with his television or newspaper, until you start having your say.

Cc
lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Men Don't Listen To Women by Tapout(m): 10:57am On Jun 04, 2015
most times, patiently listening to whateva she has to say is the only way to make her happy embarassed embarassed.....

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Men Don't Listen To Women by Enegod(m): 11:02am On Jun 04, 2015
Men discuss issues with other men in order to resolve problems. Women tend to discuss issues with other women, not to resolve problems, but to bond with other women.

Unfortunately women, sometimes, use this same bonding approach with men. She proceeds to state the problem and the man will offer an idea on how to resolve the issue.
She then gets upset and says, "You're not listening to me"!

What nonsense!!! angry undecided angry

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Men Don't Listen To Women by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 04, 2015
Tapout:
most times, patiently listening to whateva she has to say is the only way to make her happy embarassed embarassed.....

You re right, man!

...And following her advice doesn't necessarily translate to being under her control. It's just our ego! Sometimes, what she is even telling you is what you intend to do. So just do it, if u adjudge it to be the best decision. It will make her feel her partner takes her opinion seriously.

After all, when they are happy, we re happy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Men Don't Listen To Women by GeneralQuamdeen: 11:06am On Jun 04, 2015
Listen to women but never listen to women. Op, nice points.
Re: Reasons Why Men Don't Listen To Women by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 04, 2015
Enegod:
Men discuss issues with other men in order to resolve problems. Women tend to discuss issues with other women, not to resolve problems, but to bond with other women.

Unfortunately women, sometimes, use this same bonding approach with men. She proceeds to state the problem and the man will offer an idea on how to resolve the issue.
She then gets upset and says, "You're not listening to me"!

What nonsense!!! angry undecided angry

Since you have this knowledge about them, just apply it. When she brings up her problems, just bond with her first by listen and sympathizing, then proffer solutions later.

95% of the success of a relationship depends on how skillful the man is at managing the woman.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Men Don't Listen To Women by naijaboiy: 11:10am On Jun 04, 2015
But how can a football match be more important than my girl? grin

That's not much of a pressing matter to me. undecided
Re: Reasons Why Men Don't Listen To Women by Tapout(m): 11:12am On Jun 04, 2015
vfactor:

95% of the success of a relationship depends on how skillful the man is at managing the woman.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Men Don't Listen To Women by Varagous(f): 11:13am On Jun 04, 2015
guys need more patience in handling women.
if you' ll just listen out, u' ll see dat there's sense I wot we say most times.
Re: Reasons Why Men Don't Listen To Women by kramfonos(m): 11:18am On Jun 04, 2015

The nagging is the worst! Talk to me and not at me! You don't have to keep repeating yourself 'cause I heard you the first time. Thank goodness for music and headphones else most men would have run mad due to the incessant nagging by women.

What happened to asking me before you conclude I'm tumbling between the sheets with the other girl 'cause you saw us holding hands? Gosh!

Sometimes I just listen with feigned rapt attention even though I've heard half of the things she's on about last week. If the TV is on then it's perfect.

I'm not a bad lover, I'm just trying to shield me from getting upset and consequently saying or doing something I'll regret.

When she's more sober then we'll TALK and I'll address the issue(s) she's raised.smiley

Ladies, please we understand your passion and concern for us but please bring your voices down. TALK not RANT.cool

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Men Don't Listen To Women by kramfonos(m): 11:23am On Jun 04, 2015
Varagous:
guys need more patience in handling women.
if you' ll just listen out, u' ll see dat there's sense I wot we say most times.

We listen more when you women TALK TO US and NOT AT US.smiley
Re: Reasons Why Men Don't Listen To Women by czarr(m): 12:48pm On Jun 04, 2015
......I listen!

it's mostly crap!

but I listen!
Re: Reasons Why Men Don't Listen To Women by czarr(m): 12:49pm On Jun 04, 2015
......I listen!

it's mostly crap!

but I listen!

and then we fvck!
Re: Reasons Why Men Don't Listen To Women by czarr(m): 12:49pm On Jun 04, 2015
......I listen!

it's mostly crap!

but I listen!

and then we fvck!

and I start listening again!
Re: Reasons Why Men Don't Listen To Women by chymystique(f): 12:53pm On Jun 04, 2015
In Summary Vizkiz, I guess you mean to say the reason why a man might not listen to his wife/woman is because "She aint a Priority"...
Re: Reasons Why Men Don't Listen To Women by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 04, 2015
wahooo nice points op,especially number 1&5 cheesy cheesy
Re: Reasons Why Men Don't Listen To Women by Jayjay0(m): 1:13pm On Jun 04, 2015
Good one op
Especially number 1&5
Re: Reasons Why Men Don't Listen To Women by imsuboi(m): 2:08pm On Jun 04, 2015
Tapout:

I'd just pretend to be listening and zone out entirely.

Just pick key words and you'd be fine wink

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Men Don't Listen To Women by kramfonos(m): 2:31pm On Jun 04, 2015
chymystique:
In Summary Vizkiz, I guess you mean to say the reason why a man might not listen to his wife/woman is because "She aint a Priority"...

^^^Another proof : jumping into conclusions of hers, twisting what he says and forcing those conclusions down his throat.

Guilty female busted.smiley

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Men Don't Listen To Women by Tapout(m): 2:37pm On Jun 04, 2015
imsuboi:

I'd just pretend to be listening and zone out entirely.

Just pick key words and you'd be fine wink

true bro....

have u got the whole episodes of GoT5?
Re: Reasons Why Men Don't Listen To Women by chymystique(f): 3:14pm On Jun 08, 2015
kramfonos:

^^^Another proof : jumping into conclusions of hers, twisting what he says and forcing those conclusions down his throat.

Guilty female busted.smiley

haha. Both sexes are guilty of the above not just females.. grin
Re: Reasons Why Men Don't Listen To Women by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 08, 2015
I don't think most women like to nag. I KNOW I DO NOT LIKE NAGGING!

I AM A QUITE NATURED PERSON UNTIL MY FIRE IS LIT (POSITIVELY OR NEGATIVELY).

Truth is: men have signifiant control over nagging.

It's simple: be one step ahead of her. keep sharp and on your toes. Anticipate what she needs or wants.

If you have been with a woman for any amount of time, you should be able to quickly discern what is her hot button, or what pushes her button, what irritates her and her pet-peeves. THEN RESPOND PROMPTLY! AVOID THAT THING, ADJUST OR CORRECT!

AFTER-ALL, YOU WOULD DO THE SAME AT YOUR JOB TO KEEP YOUR BOSS HAPPY AND STEADY PAYCHECK.

WHY NOT SEE YOUR RELATIONSHIP AS A FORM OF WORK.

And then as man, match that!

Men, take control of relationships and don't let a woman "nag" you by being one step ahead of her.

BE PROACTIVE!!!!
Re: Reasons Why Men Don't Listen To Women by babyfaceafrica: 5:41pm On Jun 08, 2015
Nice one @OP....this point scares some men from marriage....marriage is suppose to be enjoyed not endured...ladies keep it brief and straight to the point...you will enjoy urman more!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Why Would People Break Up Apart Frm CHEATING??? / Five Imperative Reasons Why Being Single Is The Best For Students / What Can You Say About This Lady(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.