Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! (13638 Views)

Why I Won't Date Another 'male Feminist' / 10 Behaviors Of An Extreme Nairaland Feminist / Feminist Group Breaks Male Toilets As A Sign Of Male Chauvinism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by pickabeau1: 8:57pm On Jun 21, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

The gap between male and female life expectancies is due in large part to the significantly higher rates of homicide and suicide among men.

why do men commit more suciide...
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 21, 2015
pickabeau1:

why do men commit more suciide...

Men don't commit more suicide per se. Well, they do. What I mean to say is: it's actually women who're more prone to suicidal thoughts (marginally). Women attempt suicide more often than men. Men commit suicide more often than women. Notice the difference?

It all boils down to the method.
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by pickabeau1: 9:29pm On Jun 21, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Men don't commit more suicide per se. Well, they do. What I mean to say is: it's actually women who're more prone to suicidal thoughts. Women attempt suicide more often than men. Men commit suicide more often than women. Notice the difference?

It all boils down to the method.

well u dont have facts to support this assertion

wanting to is subjective
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 21, 2015
pickabeau1:

well u dont have facts to support this assertion

wanting to is subjective

We're talking about attempted suicide here.

I will never forget an older boy on my block who killed himself. He had everything, and was loved by all who knew him. He had the looks, the grades/intelligence, the 'status' and popularity as a captain of the football team (HS), everything apparently, but he killed himself with a gun to the mouth over a critical argument with his GF. He was only 17.

Male suicide attempts have a higher rate of success, because they generally employ more violent, sure-fire methods. Compare overdosing, for example, to a gun-to-the-head/mouth approach.

It all boils down to method.

As with suicide deaths, rates of attempted suicide vary considerably among demographic groups. While males are 4 times more likely than females to die by suicide, females attempt suicide 3 times as often as males.
American Foundation for Suicide Prevention: https://www.afsp.org/understanding-suicide/facts-and-figures

1 Like

Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by pickabeau1: 10:18pm On Jun 21, 2015
seems d facts support your assertion

however this does not change the realities that women live longer than men

Maybe there will be parity soon since women are taking up on more stress

EnlightenedSoul:

We're talking about attempted suicide here.

I will never forget an older boy on my block who killed himself. He had everything, and was loved by all who knew him. He had the looks, the grades/intelligence, the 'status' as a captain of the football team (HS), everything apparently, but he killed himself with a gun to the mouth over a critical argument with his GF. He was only 17.

Male suicide attempts have a higher rate of success, because they generally employ more violent, sure-fire methods. Compare overdosing, for example, to a gun-to-the-head/mouth approach.

It all boils down to method.

Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 21, 2015
pickabeau1:

Still unlikely, but time will tell. It's something like a 5 year gap anyhow.
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 21, 2015
pickabeau1:

*double
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by pickabeau1: 7:31am On Jun 22, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Still unlikely, but time will tell. It's something like a 5 year gap anyhow.

Nooooo

Parity in all..

More stress on women so life expectancy can be equal.. tongue

Have a nice week

Where is fula n skllz
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by ArtanK(m): 5:10am On Jun 23, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Thank you smiley Happy Ramadan btw.

I've this new Serbian associate that was telling me her life's story. She told me she was forced to relocate to Germany back when former Yugoslavia imploded, and said the Germans in the area she lived - Bayern, I think - were cold towards immigrants "unlike warm Americans" (her words). She's a brunette and very European-looking so I was a bit surprised, at which point she clarified that they didn't like non-Germans period. Are those your conservative 'lederhosen'-wearing brethren? I'd look it up, but I can't be bothered tongue

An overdue Ramadan Kareem to you my sister smiley

And you're correct, Bavaria or Bayern is in the southeast of the country. Your friend is right about their unfriendly nature. It is in many ways similar to Texas when you think of their funny accents, dreams of secession, their traditions and etc.
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jun 24, 2015
ArtanK:

An overdue Ramadan Kareem to you my sister smiley

And you're correct, Bavaria or Bayern is in the southeast of the country. Your friend is right about their unfriendly nature. It is in many ways similar to Texas when you think of their funny accents, dreams of secession, their traditions and etc.

Hmm, thas interesting...

A friend of mine (of whom I am unabashedly jealous) is soon going on a cruise hitting Greece, Spain, Italy, Germany, and Turkey, and ID-even-K what the heck else. I think she said she's getting considerable time to explore the mainland as well, so I'll tell them to maybe watch out on 'Bavaria' (if a possibility) as I try - probably unsuccessfully - to hide my green-eyed envy, loll.
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 24, 2015
pickabeau1:

Nooooo

Parity in all..

More stress on women so life expectancy can be equal.. tongue

Have a nice week

Where is fula n skllz

You're angling so bad grin

You have a nice week as well.

I don't know..
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by pickabeau1: 7:19pm On Jun 24, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

You're angling so bad grin

You have a nice week as well.

I don't know..

angling for what? grin grin

is that not the true definition of equality.... everything same in all tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 24, 2015
pickabeau1:

angling for what? grin grin

is that not the true definition of equality.... everything same in all tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Sighs at you.

As you like, pickabeau. We're all entitled.
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by ArtanK(m): 2:01am On Jun 29, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Hmm, thas interesting...

A friend of mine (of whom I am unabashedly jealous) is soon going on a cruise hitting Greece, Spain, Italy, Germany, and Turkey, and ID-even-K what the heck else. I think she said she's getting considerable time to explore the mainland as well, so I'll tell them to maybe watch out on 'Bavaria' (if a possibility) as I try - probably unsuccessfully - to hide my green-eyed envy, loll.

Lool, she's lucky but don't discourage her from going there grin Bavaria is an authentic and special place and it is the place to visit in Germany. That's why I always tell people to go to Munich and not Berlin.
Tell your friend to squeeze in Switzerland and Croatia if she has the time and money for it.

1 Like

Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Nobody: 6:44am On Jul 02, 2015
ArtanK:

Lool, she's lucky but don't discourage her from going there grin Bavaria is an authentic and special place and it is the place to visit in Germany. That's why I always tell people to go to Munich and not Berlin.
Tell your friend to squeeze in Switzerland and Croatia if she has the time and money for it.

Too late! Just look at you, steering me wrong...JK tongue

I'm a bit surprised by the Croatia recommendation, but my folks have pictures of their stay in Switerland from way back when (among other things) so I def get that. You've been?

Happy Independence Day.
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Cutehector(m): 12:15pm On Jul 03, 2015
Nneka123:
Aww! This is wickedness to the core grin cry
hater.
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by ArtanK(m): 5:31pm On Jul 04, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Too late! Just look at you, steering me wrong...JK tongue

I'm a bit surprised by the Croatia recommendation, but my folks have pictures of their stay in Switerland from way back when (among other things) so I def get that. You've been?

Happy Independence Day.

I've been to both countries, Croatia is in the top 3 of the most beautiful places I've been to. Plus if you're a GoT fan, you would get to see King's Landing (Dubrovnik) wink
I've been fortunate enough to live in central Europe, where it has been very easy to get around via car or rail. As a bored teenager I used to go on road trips very often.

Thanks walal. Happy 27th June and 4th July smiley
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by ArtanK(m): 5:37pm On Jul 04, 2015
To all the feminists in this topic...

What do you guys of Sulkowicz aka 'mattress girl' and her alleged rapist Nungesser?
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 04, 2015
ArtanK:

I've been to both countries, Croatia is in the top 3 of the most beautiful places I've been to. Plus if you're a GoT fan, you would get to see King's Landing (Dubrovnik) wink
I've been fortunate enough to live in central Europe, where it has been very easy to get around via car or rail. As a bored teenager I used to go on road trips very often.

Thanks walal. Happy 27th June and 4th July smiley

Wow, top three, huh? That's interesting. I wasn't under the impression Croatia had recovered to that extent. My brother's ex was from Croatia (American born and bred tho), and I think what I gathered from her may have influenced my perception. But yeah, lucky you! I can't boast of much outside the U.S.

So, what are the other 2?

Thanks smiley I'm afraid there wasn't much celebration to be had around here for the former in these parts, lol. And you know what sucks? I actually saw small-scale Independence Day festivities (pre-Ramadan this time around) for Landers and Somalis (meaning Somalia), but none for us, of course. There was a time my sister and I would attend one, the other, or both if only for the sole purpose of dressing up and slayyying until she coincidently met a Lander at one of 'em. Now she's married and boring pretty much by default, and I've gone and sort of lost my wings.
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 05, 2015
ArtanK:
To all the feminists in this topic...

What do you guys of Sulkowicz aka 'mattress girl' and her alleged rapist Nungesser?

Nothing new. It's yet another he-said/she-said situation, isn't it? Sulkowicz is something of an eccentric, but since they were a total of four other unrelated accusations against Nungesser, I'm inclined to believe them. Still, we can't know the truth in their case. He was released on grounds of there being no evidence, which again...nothing new. No evidence =/= no crime. It happens all the time.
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by ArtanK(m): 7:49pm On Jul 05, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Wow, top three, huh? That's interesting. I wasn't under the impression Croatia had recovered to that extent. My brother's ex was from Croatia (American born and bred tho), and I think what I gathered from her may have influenced my perception. But yeah, lucky you! I can't boast of much outside the U.S.

So, what are the other 2?

Thanks smiley I'm afraid there wasn't much celebration to be had around here for the former in these parts, lol. And you know what sucks? I actually saw small-scale Independence Day festivities (pre-Ramadan this time around) for Landers and Somalis (meaning Somalia), but none for us, of course. There was a time my sister and I would attend one, the other, or both if only for the sole purpose of dressing up and slayyying until she coincidently met a Lander at one of 'em. Now she's married and boring pretty much by default, and I've gone and sort of lost my wings.

None of the Balkan countries have fully recovered from the war. You can see monuments from the civil war everywhere. The Croats (the ones I met) told me of their personal experiences, near-death moments, loved ones being killed in front of them and so on. It was crazy listening to their stories. Although their economy is not in good shape, they are very optimistic about the future. The country is abundant in natural beauty hence why it is in my top 3. The other two are Oman and Ethiopia.
You should count yourself lucky though, the EU is not even half the size of the USA. I would love to have lived there just to go to every single state.

You sound like a real party animal and you're not getting enough action so you should find a substitute wingwoman asap grin
Because of Ramadan, there wasn't much going on here either. Only day I can look forward to now is 1st August for the Puntland day tongue
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by ArtanK(m): 7:57pm On Jul 05, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Nothing new. It's yet another he-said/she-said situation, isn't it? Sulkowicz is something of an eccentric, but since they were a total of four other unrelated accusations against Nungesser, I'm inclined to believe them. Still, we can't know the truth in their case. He was released on grounds of there being no evidence, which again...nothing new. No evidence =/= no crime. It happens all the time.

Yeah the four other cases against him are quite overwhelming but what surprised me the most in Sulkowicz v Nungesser is the exchange between the two before and after Nungesser allegedly raped Sulkowicz. This story has gone so far that I don't even know who's suing whom anymore lol.
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 05, 2015
ArtanK:

None of the Balkan countries have fully recovered from the war. You can see monuments from the civil war everywhere. The Croats (the ones I met) told me of their personal experiences, near-death moments, loved ones being killed in front of them and so on. It was crazy listening to their stories. Although their economy is not in good shape, they are very optimistic about the future. The country is abundant in natural beauty hence why it is in my top 3. The other two are Oman and Ethiopia.
You should count yourself lucky though, the EU is not even half the size of the USA. I would love to have lived there just to go to every single state.

You sound like a real party animal and you're not getting enough action so you should find a substitute wingwoman asap grin
Because of Ramadan, there wasn't much going on here either. Only day I can look forward to now is 1st August for the Puntland day tongue

That's way nice. Traveling around the U.S. is awesome, but it's nothing like experiencing foreign countries with different cultures, etc. Ex, my profile pic is from a visit to Cali this summer, and it's great and all, but I still think you got the better end of the deal here! Outside my stay in Egypt, I've been to El Salvador and Sweden. Both of which were short lived and not much of a trip in the sense of being able to experience much of the country.

Loll, I'm actually not much of a party animal, and I've wingwomen in other things, but if I do show up I show up to slayyy. Nah, I just no longer go to those 'cuz it was more something we did together. We lived out of the way, so it was fun to see people we didn't see, and dress up and stuff. And anytime some strangers would ask us what part of S-Land we were from, like "N-n-no...", lol. You're so lying through your teeth right now, you Europeans know how to turn it up in Ramadan likewise. I've totally seen it. My devout auntie laments it.

Well, happy 1st in advance, party animal. I wasn't even aware of that one tongue
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 05, 2015
ArtanK:

Yeah the four other cases against him are quite overwhelming but what surprised me the most in Sulkowicz v Nungesser is the exchange between the two before and after Nungesser allegedly raped Sulkowicz. This story has gone so far that I don't even know who's suing whom anymore lol.

I saw those too, but it's still not clear cut. Did it hit the headlines pretty hard in Germany?
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by ArtanK(m): 10:55pm On Jul 06, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

That's way nice. Traveling around the U.S. is awesome, but it's nothing like experiencing foreign countries with different cultures, etc. Ex, my profile pic is from a visit to Cali this summer, and it's great and all, but I still think you got the better end of the deal here! Outside my stay in Egypt, I've been to El Salvador and Sweden. Both of which were short lived and not much of a trip in the sense of being able to experience much of the country.

Loll, I'm actually not much of a party animal, and I've wingwomen in other things, but if I do show up I show up to slayyy. Nah, I just no longer go to those 'cuz it was more something we did together. We lived out of the way, so it was fun to see people we didn't see, and dress up and stuff. And anytime some strangers would ask us what part of S-Land we were from, like "N-n-no...", lol. You're so lying through your teeth right now, you Europeans know how to turn it up in Ramadan likewise. I've totally seen it. My devout auntie laments it.

Well, happy 1st in advance, party animal. I wasn't even aware of that one tongue

Idk, I just think there is much more to see across the pond. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side lol.
Wow, El Salvador though. How was it? I've always wanted to go to Latin America. Places like Costa Rica, Chile and Venezuela are my top destinations.

You should have said you're from Zeila, I doubt they'd ask you 100 questions about your qabil then. You can actually fit in with Ethiopians, Djiboutians and Landers because you're Issa lol I'd have a flag collection from the horn if I was Issa and I'd hit every party. No Artan, no party grin
Btw are the Europeans you're referring to by any chance Swedes or Dutch? They have khamri for Suhoor/afur... Jk lol I'd say 85% of them are not religious

Thanks, I'll make it up for all the events I missed on that day tongue
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by ArtanK(m): 11:01pm On Jul 06, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

I saw those too, but it's still not clear cut. Did it hit the headlines pretty hard in Germany?

Their recent graduation did get considerable amount of media coverage. It was a hot topic for a few days on most news channels and talk shows. It also triggered emotional campaigns/protests from some radical feminists(the type of feminists who call men misogynists by just looking at them) on my campus.
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Creamish(f): 2:09pm On Jul 07, 2015
DollyParton1:

Dayummm!!!! Girl, u is very pissed. grin grin grin
I wonder what the kids would be calling him now. Mom? Dad? She-Dad? He-Mum? Those kids must need therapy or something.

Truely to your analysis, that family is dysfunctional.

They did wish him a Happy Father's Day tho.. grin

I also think it would be rather clueless of anyone to strip him of his medals now.. It's like they have nothing better to fight for.. Maybe we could suggest a thing or two to them...

They could think the best way to restrict the easy access to weapons..especially for the teens and mentally retarrded f00ls roaming the streets/classes & beach..looking for preys..

...yeah..datz enuff to get them busy.
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Nobody: 5:16am On Jul 09, 2015
ArtanK:

Idk, I just think there is much more to see across the pond. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side lol.
Wow, El Salvador though. How was it? I've always wanted to go to Latin America. Places like Costa Rica, Chile and Venezuela are my top destinations.

You should have said you're from Zeila, I doubt they'd ask you 100 questions about your qabil then. You can actually fit in with Ethiopians, Djiboutians and Landers because you're Issa lol I'd have a flag collection from the horn if I was Issa and I'd hit every party. No Artan, no party grin
Btw are the Europeans you're referring to by any chance Swedes or Dutch? They have khamri for Suhoor/afur... Jk lol I'd say 85% of them are not religious

Thanks, I'll make it up for all the events I missed on that day tongue

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see much of El Salvador. I went through a volunteer program at a humanitarian organization, and really didn't get to see much of anything apart from the haphazard 'sight-seeing' and snorkeling we were able to squeeze in last minute. You know, I actually thought I might want to experience something similar at qaaradan laakiin a lot of the news items are straight up cabsiii wallahi. I think I'll stick to the volunteer organizations here in the U.S. My cousin has been considering volunteering for the Peace Corps, which would allow him to potentially defer on his loans to pay for law school - and he was seriously considering it too - but I suggested he might want qaara kale for practical reasons. Get what I mean? Anything can happen when it's not your home turf. Anyway, I'd still like to visit Brazil and Peru in South America. Maybe DR too.

I don't mind being straight up with my qabil. I just think it's hilarious how some people stylishly ask where you're from to determine what you are, loll. We'd just straight up tell them we're Issa, and that be you Darrod, Isaq, Hawiye, or whatever the case may be, you-all really don't how to how turn it up, but fear not with literally almost no other Issas around with whom to celebrate our own day, we're here to help grin I can count the Djiboutian families in our area with 3.5 fingers, one of them being a Habesha family lol! But yeah, you basically described me there with the flags. We grew up close with quite a few of them, so I've been to the Ethio parties from early on. Eri too, in the last couple of years. It wasn't until then I realized how the terrible the tensions can get between the two. Can you imagine some of my Ethio friends being just as prejudiced, or worse, than as some members of 'cidayda'(sp?) if you catch my drift? It's just incredible sometimes. I could weep for the Horn if I had the tears.

Lol @ Khamri for suhoor/afur. That's 'dedication' right there! I mean, most people who're into khamri aren't even trying to fast. Although, if I remember correctly, the khamri would make the fast invalid anyway, no lol? When I said European, I meant every last one of you! That includes you tongue

1 Like

Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by ArtanK(m): 3:12am On Jul 19, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see much of El Salvador. I went through a volunteer program at a humanitarian organization, and really didn't get to see much of anything apart from the haphazard 'sight-seeing' and snorkeling we were able to squeeze in last minute. You know, I actually thought I might want to experience something similar at qaaradan laakiin a lot of the news items are straight up cabsiii wallahi. I think I'll stick to the volunteer organizations here in the U.S. My cousin has been considering volunteering for the Peace Corps, which would allow him to potentially defer on his loans to pay for law school - and he was seriously considering it too - but I suggested he might want qaara kale for practical reasons. Get what I mean? Anything can happen when it's not your home turf. Anyway, I'd still like to visit Brazil and Peru in South America. Maybe DR too.

I don't mind being straight up with my qabil. I just think it's hilarious how some people stylishly ask where you're from to determine what you are, loll. We'd just straight up tell them we're Issa, and that be you Darrod, Isaq, Hawiye, or whatever the case may be, you-all really don't how to how turn it up, but fear not with literally almost no other Issas around with whom to celebrate our own day, we're here to help grin I can count the Djiboutian families in our area with 3.5 fingers, one of them being a Habesha family lol! But yeah, you basically described me there with the flags. We grew up close with quite a few of them, so I've been to the Ethio parties from early on. Eri too, in the last couple of years. It wasn't until then I realized how the terrible the tensions can get between the two. Can you imagine some of my Ethio friends being just as prejudiced, or worse, than as some members of 'cidayda'(sp?) if you catch my drift? It's just incredible sometimes. I could weep for the Horn if I had the tears.

Lol @ Khamri for suhoor/afur. That's 'dedication' right there! I mean, most people who're into khamri aren't even trying to fast. Although, if I remember correctly, the khamri would make the fast invalid anyway, no lol? When I said European, I meant every last one of you! That includes you tongue

Yeah I got what you mean qaarada koonfurta is known for kidnappings, gruesome murders and rampant drug problems. Such a shame, the stories I've heard and pictures I've seen has convinced me that it is the most beautiful continent.

Lool @ the Issabesha family grin they certainly outsmarted a lot of people, especially living in a place with almost no Djiboutians.
A lot of our neighbours from the north west are exactly like Somali qabilists, blindly following their insane leaders.
Try being stuck in between staunch supporters from both camps on a 200km train ride. Things would have got pretty ugly had the police not been informed beforehand.
The status quo in Ethiopia is not looking pretty at the moment. A lot of ethnicities have had enough of the TPLF stamping on their faces.

Khamri does make it invalid but that shows their wali tongue
We're nothing like them lol. We fast the German way; full dedication. I can always turn up after the month of fasting, today is a good example of that. You were probably busy shutting down your whole state in the meantime grin

Eid mubarak walal.
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Nobody: 3:41am On Jul 19, 2015
ArtanK:

Yeah I got what you mean qaarada koonfurta is known for kidnappings, gruesome murders and rampant drug problems. Such a shame, the stories I've heard and pictures I've seen has convinced me that it is the most beautiful contin[b]ent.[/b]

I def agree. Welcome back, Artan.

Lool @ the Issabesha family grin they certainly outsmarted a lot of people, especially living in a place with almost no Djiboutians.
A lot of our neighbours from the north west are exactly like Somali qabilists, blindly following their insane leaders.
Try being stuck in between staunch supporters from both camps on a 200km train ride. Things would have got pretty ugly had the police not been informed beforehand.
The status quo in Ethiopia is not looking pretty at the moment. A lot of ethnicities have had enough of the TPLF stamping on their faces.

Khamri does make it invalid but that shows their wali tongue
We're nothing like them lol. We fast the German way; full dedication. I can always turn up after the month of fasting, today is a good example of that. You were probably busy shutting down your whole state in the meantime grin

Eid mubarak walal.

It's not outsmarting if you expect your children to marry Djiboutian (and after having convinced every last one of them growing up that the other families were their walaalo btw) lol. Yh, none of us have.

That's wild. I'm glad you got out OK. I imagine that train ride fiasco was from your trip to Ethiopia?

Lool, well done! tongue As for me, you're 12 shades of wrong there, buddy - I didn't celebrate, per se. Well, sort of...I guess.

Eid Mubarak to ya smiley
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by ArtanK(m): 4:05am On Jul 19, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

I def agree. Welcome back, Artan.

It's not outsmarting if you expect your children to marry Djiboutian (and after having convinced every last one of them growing up that the other families were their walaalo btw) lol. Yh, none of us have.

That's wild. I'm glad you got out OK. I imagine that train ride fiasco was from your trip to Ethiopia?

Lool, well done! tongue As for me, you're 12 shades of wrong there, buddy - I didn't celebrate, per se. Well, sort of...I guess.

Eid Mubarak to ya smiley

Mahadsanid Mey smiley

Damn, the Issabeshas really take their sharci story serious lmao!
A new qaxoti on my street asked me if I was Darod, Isaaq or Hawiye. Didn't answer him but instead asked him how he knows of these clans. He replied with "Of course I know, I am Raxanwein". I would bet my liver that he is Raxanbesha because as you said, no one bluntly asks people that question and he has their distinct accent.

The train ride was from Brussels to Cologne and both camps were involved in protests in front of the EU headquarters. Although it got a bit riotous, no one got hurt.

I was gonna ask if shaqo tied you down but 'sort of' implies that you only shut down you city lol

1 Like

Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Nobody: 4:21am On Jul 19, 2015
ArtanK:

Mahadsanid Mey smiley

Damn, the Issabeshas really take their sharci story serious lmao!
A new qaxoti on my street asked me if I was Darod, Isaaq or Hawiye. Didn't answer him but instead asked him how he knows of these clans. He replied with "Of course I know, I am Raxanwein". I would bet my liver that he is Raxanbesha because as you said, no one bluntly asks people that question and he has their distinct accent.

The train ride was from Brussels to Cologne and both camps were involved in protests in front of the EU headquarters. Although it got a bit riotous, no one got hurt.

I was gonna ask if shaqo tied you down but 'sort of' implies that you only shut down you city lol

Alright. I'm so lost on the Issabesha thing. Ma isku dartaay ahem, and why lol? Speaking of qaxootis, I have to tell about this one qaxooti that I helped out this last week at a hospital. She didn't understand what was going on, so I sorta stepped in (I guess I came out of nowhere now that I think about it), and the first thing she said to me was "Allah(!), ma ada Soomali eh? Qabiil ke?". She just asked straight up, looking me up and down. Yh, no thank you or anything crazy like that either. I thought, "Isn't it Ramadan?". I was a little taken aback.

Wow, that's interesting! They got in hard on themselves overseas, huh. Was it around when what's his face marku dintaay (Zen..)?

Ugh, you're so mean.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Delaying Marriage Due To Family Responsibilities / My Wife Finally Opens Up / Is Watching Pornography Considered Cheating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.