Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,220 members, 7,780,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:57 PM

Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries (38362 Views)

Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Dressed In Woman's Attire And Got People Talking / What Lara Oweye-Wise, AIT Newscaster Does Before She Enters The Newsroom (Pics) / Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by Proffdada: 7:16pm On Jun 04, 2015
I hope they won't write AIT on their resumé when they reapply elsewhere

1 Like

Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by ikorodureporta: 7:16pm On Jun 04, 2015
There shld b a way of punishing oganisations like ths......i hear complains frm their shareholders abt not receiving share certs., & other related info frm dem. What are they doin wit d money? #ThisSlavery&WickednessMustStop!

1 Like

Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by dre11(m): 7:17pm On Jun 04, 2015
With all those PDP money......

The man decides to owe his workers
The man no get shame at all
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by gbrown(m): 7:19pm On Jun 04, 2015
metronaija:

Scores of workers of Daar Communications Plc, operator of African Independent Television (AIT) and Raypower FM Radio, on Wednesday shut down all broadcasting activities at the Benin studio in protest over unpaid salaries.

The protesting workers were said to have blocked the main entrance to the station located along the Benin/Lagos bypass.

A detachment of anti-riot policemen were however called by the management of the station to forestall any break down of law.

It was gathered that the protesting workers put at 50 of AIT and Ray Power, were owed salaries salaries spanning between 12 and 17 months.

One of the protesting workers who did not want his name in print for personal reasons, said newly employed staff of AIT were being owed 12 months while old staff were yet to be paid salaries between 13 months and staff of the Raypower FM, the Radio arm of the broadcast outfit were owed 17 months.

“The stations generate millions of naira on a daily basis, so there is no reason why we should not be paid our salaries. They have no excuse not to pay us our money. It is share wickedness and man’s inhumanity to his fellow man. We have families to care for and children to pay their school fees. Many of our children have stopped going to school. But their own attend schools abroad.

“Look at where our station is located, in another village so far away from Benin City. You have to chatter a taxi carb for not less than N500.00 to get there if you miss the staff bus. And not even every cab driver will agree to go there because of the wrong location of the station, yet, they expect us to be there everyday, whether you have anything to do or not,” the source told

Chairman of the organization, Raymond Dokpesi (Jnr) was said to have spoken to the protesters on phone. He allegedly appealed for calm, assuring them that the management will within one week do everything possible to pay parts of the salary arrears.

He however allegedly threatened to pay-off any of the staff that decided to resign from the establishment.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/06/workers-shut-down-ait-raypower-over-17.html
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by olalat(m): 7:19pm On Jun 04, 2015
How do u survive? How do u get to office, climb that stupid mountain? Im curious.
xavier0327:
I work in AIT abuja and salaries have not been paid for 11months...port Harcourt staff up to 8months unpaid salaries!!! Seriously looking for another job! God will help us.
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by tunde1200(m): 7:21pm On Jun 04, 2015
Same goes to ARIKAIR LTD they have not pay march salary till date!.

AIT staff can even stage a protest we can't try it here!.

1 Like

Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by JingoOAU(m): 7:23pm On Jun 04, 2015
The man even get the balls and the money to organise a dinner party for Jonathan....what a shameless fool

4 Likes

Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by roselynbas(f): 7:23pm On Jun 04, 2015
This is what you get when there are no enforced laws concerning workers rights in Nigeria. Our judicial system is almost wacked if not won't the workers have sued him out of business by now. He still claims he will pay part, why not pay all?

They have done the job, pay them their salaries. The bible says a labourer deserves his wages.

NLC is non- existent as far as I am concerned otherwise they would have been the first point of call for this issue.

I hope there will be a change ahead.

3 Likes

Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by adeA1(m): 7:25pm On Jun 04, 2015
No wonder Dokpesi was so desprate durin the electioneering campaign. So the guy has ran out of financee that why accepted to do anythin for the dead Party then.
@the workers I say a big sorry but the guy must ve bn makin 1kinda spiritual concotion on you pple for u to ve bn kept mute since this while. May God come be of our aid
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by tunde1200(m): 7:25pm On Jun 04, 2015
How I wish is like that..
No effective laws in this country!.

ikorodureporta:
There shld b a way of punishing oganisations like ths......i hear complains frm their shareholders abt not receiving share certs., & other related info frm dem. What are they doin wit d money? #ThisSlavery&WickednessMustStop!
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by MrFairplay4ume(m): 7:26pm On Jun 04, 2015
xavier0327:
I work in AIT abuja and salaries have not been paid for 11months...port Harcourt staff up to 8months unpaid salaries!!! Seriously looking for another job! God will help us.

Felt your pain!!!
I was also in Raypower i had to quite cos of same reason i wish u all the best!
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by ammyluv2002(f): 7:27pm On Jun 04, 2015
Segadem:

do u know the amount this man owned many banks? and if somebody like me wants loan of #500,000 they will say I should go I bring the particulars of two private jets.
Abi o
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by Ninilowo(m): 7:28pm On Jun 04, 2015
Dem no go fit pay nah. When e be say na "Lion of Burdillion" dem dey carry about.
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by hadura29(m): 7:32pm On Jun 04, 2015
drey076:

Lol
Oyinbo aye

Awon orunmila lo download si mi ni kidney nah grin
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by allanphash7(m): 7:32pm On Jun 04, 2015
And you still dey go d work?

How do you live?
How do you attend to your responsibilites?
How do you even go to that work where you were not paid?

U are trying o
xavier0327:
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by medeay(m): 7:32pm On Jun 04, 2015
rubbish station....... that was how we were tricked to buy their shares and no dividend till date.
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by masqot(m): 7:32pm On Jun 04, 2015
This is too bad considering trillions of Naira collected on adverts from The Clueless recently.
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by ijiini(m): 7:36pm On Jun 04, 2015
"SHARE" wickedness.....#thiaris God
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by bibelo: 7:37pm On Jun 04, 2015
Hmmmm, so after playing all the TAN adverts and hate campaigns they can't even pay staff salaries. DAAR shares are as worthless as a used toilet paper. Na divine judgement be this one
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by eliwa47(m): 7:39pm On Jun 04, 2015
no no no, I won't believe this! upon millions of dollars dokpesi made from jonathan? efcc must see to this issue. lol!
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by Skoopy(m): 7:42pm On Jun 04, 2015
High chief Dokpesi BUSTED!
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by Abbott(m): 7:42pm On Jun 04, 2015
Subsequently, he will borrow billions from bank, prolly considered low risk and may end up not paying back...another nonperforming loan, fades away into nothingness.
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by omojeesu(m): 7:48pm On Jun 04, 2015
Shocking! This is unconscionable on the part of Dokpesi. Very unfortunate indeed!
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by caprini1: 7:50pm On Jun 04, 2015
Now my anger has increased against AIT for not showing flying eagles game this morning,and now this!
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by zynzyn(m): 7:55pm On Jun 04, 2015
I know about one AIT employee.

Government indifference! You can't try this abroad!!
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by cirmuell(m): 7:55pm On Jun 04, 2015
Oh really? Whatever happened to the millions Bros J pumped into Dopkesi's pocket?
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by femi4: 7:55pm On Jun 04, 2015
xavier0327:
Hope your pix no dey ur dp
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by TheBawse(m): 7:57pm On Jun 04, 2015
Raymond Dokpesi is so shameless. High chief my foot. spending billions buying houses and pimping offices and even going to the extent of purchasing houses for wives and concubines , u cant pay your work men their wages? shame on u . my advice for AIT staff is for them to move ahead Nd sharply cos with dis new govt, i see darker days ahead

1 Like

Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by stayblack: 7:59pm On Jun 04, 2015
THIS AIT MAN,NA REAL MONKEY... grin..UPON ALL THE LOOTED FUND DIRECTED TO HIM..USELESS PIG... grin.....SAI BABA cool
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by Jdesilentkiller(m): 8:01pm On Jun 04, 2015
Nemesis and Karma have decided to visit our high thief, sorry high chief with the sole purpose of treating his Bleep ups. Best of luck Raymond.

1 Like

Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by DrBulalaa(m): 8:02pm On Jun 04, 2015
AIT Benin is a very minute case compared to Silverbird Benin. These guys can't run their businesses yet they want to Run the Nation.

1 Like

Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by cirmuell(m): 8:02pm On Jun 04, 2015
Rubbish station, they been dey claim first african independent station but picture quality zero, content zero...new stations wey cum meet 'em self are way better than them in all ways. mumu station angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pere: I Regret Picking Maria As Deputy Head Of The House (BBNaija) / Queen To Whitemoney: Stop Feeling Special, I Don’t Love You (BBNaija) / BBNaija: Mercy Buys Immunity, Escapes Eviction Till Semi Finals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.