Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,957 members, 7,806,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. - Fashion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. (90435 Views)

All About Hair, Weaves, Styles Etc(photos) / Before & After: Girl Bleaches Skin And Abuses Dark-skinned Girls..lol / Kirkland Signature Hair Skin And Nails With 5000 Mcg Biotin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by jeomegso: 5:03pm On Jul 07, 2015
ADEWALE7777:
pls what's the way out..suggest something to cure this..its embarrassing..I stay in ife osun state

There's no 'quick action ' cure for pimples. Follow the direction for pimples treatment above.
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by jeomegso: 5:12pm On Jul 07, 2015
egobetatoday:

thanks for the reply.
i actually use kojic acid serum which i mix with my cream (naturessence). was scared when u said it bleaches. i needed a sunscreen (cos i stay up north) and the serum (kojic) was introduced to me. i add just a teaspoon to my cream, hope it wont have side effects later ? cos i'm not interested in bleaching at all. do u suggest i change to sebamed sunscreen?

i have used olive oil and shea butter as a moisturiser before, though very good but they darken. so i just use them on my face alone now. hehehe... my face is darker than the rest of my body. pls can the sebamed sunscreen be mixed with my body cream? or do u suggest i try the oils- carrot seed and coconut oil mixed with my cream?

also u talk about steroids being harmful to the body. what are these steroidal ingredients we should be on the look out for?

please do u know any cream or lotion with glycolic or lactic acids since u said they give good body glow?

thank u

Kojic is safe but hope you understand it's still a skin lightener. Ure not using enough kojic to in your lotion to lighten your skin. If u don't want to bleach at all why not just use the natureessence alone.

Steroidal ingredients are numerous n they usually come in tubes. However, some products add steroids to them without mentioning them in the ingredients list.

Glytone is one cream with glycolic acid.

Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by jeomegso: 5:19pm On Jul 07, 2015
Laibel:
PLS PRESCRIBE A GOOD BRAND OF OLIVE OIL

Anyone that is not in a plastic bottle.
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by jeomegso: 5:25pm On Jul 07, 2015
angieberry:

Several questions for you...
Number 1) I'm obsessed with my nails. I've been trying to grow them long for some months but I've not been successful because they keep breaking. I don't fix them and I only use hardner on them and I file them pointed to reduce their breakage. Pls pls pls what do I do to prevent them from breaking?? And the nail on my thumb break from inside even before the nail grows out. Help please

Vitamins D and E will help you. Don't file them pointed cos it will make them fragile. File square or round. Use a mild nail polish remover instead of a dissolver. When changing nail polish, just apply on old one instead of cleaning off with remover /dissolver. Also, oil ur cuticles with any body oil of ur choice at least twice weekly.
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by jeomegso: 5:30pm On Jul 07, 2015
Chili89:
My pimples are like boils and very painful. What do suggest I use?

Pls check my posts on pimples.
The only difference in urs is you apply the clearzit without the moisturiser. The moisturiser will then be applied about 30mins after the Retin A at night.
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by teetee2(f): 5:47pm On Jul 07, 2015
Hi sis. I mailed you on jeomegso@yahoo.com. but undelivered. Thanks
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by chrisgurl(f): 5:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
jeomegso:

Depends on the kind of black spots. How long have you had these spots.
for about 5yrs. Due to mosquito bites and sandflies..
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by Laibel(f): 6:19pm On Jul 07, 2015
jeomegso:

Anyone that is not in a plastic bottle.
THANKS
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by jeomegso: 6:49pm On Jul 07, 2015
teetee2:
Hi sis. I mailed you on jeomegso@yahoo.com. but undelivered. Thanks

Pls try again. Maybe this time use ur mail directly instead of nairaland.
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 07, 2015
Good evening jeomegso! I have three questions
1 my nails are so soft and breaks off easily even with nail polish what do you suggest I do?

2 is Aveeno moisturiser compatible with light skin such that it won't darken the skin?
Lastly, Is Qei +Oriental safe for the skin...both light and dark skin?

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by daiseofficials(f): 10:50pm On Jul 07, 2015
Pls I hv a very sensitive skin.... and it's oily.. any thing I use gives skin irritation.... I recently started using dudu osun soap ...and I really want to lighten up a lil....using nivea naturally even as body cream like u instructed ..tanks 4 helping me out
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by jeomegso: 7:33pm On Jul 09, 2015
daiseofficials:
Pls I hv a very sensitive skin.... and it's oily.. any thing I use gives skin irritation.... I recently started using dudu osun soap ...and I really want to lighten up a lil....using nivea naturally even as body cream like u instructed ..tanks 4 helping me out

Keep using if not irritating your skin.
Remember you should use a product consistently for a month before deciding whether it's good or not.
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by jeomegso: 7:36pm On Jul 09, 2015
Eseohe23:
Good evening jeomegso! I have three questions
1 my nails are so soft and breaks off easily even with nail polish what do you suggest I do?

2 is Aveeno moisturiser compatible with light skin such that it won't darken the skin?
Lastly, Is Qei +Oriental safe for the skin...both light and dark skin?

Thanks in anticipation.

Aveeno moisturizer won't lighten or darken the skin. It's a bland moisturizer for sensitive skin.

Qei has hydroquinone hence will lighten the skin. Prolonged use of hydroquinone will darken the skin.
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 09, 2015
jeomegso:

Aveeno moisturizer won't lighten or darken the skin. It's a bland moisturizer for sensitive skin.

Qei has hydroquinone hence will lighten the skin. Prolonged use of hydroquinone will darken the skin.

Thanks alot.
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by daiseofficials(f): 9:37pm On Jul 09, 2015
wah can i use on my face dat wil make me a lil lighter....buh after it does wil stop using it
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by chrisgurl(f): 10:38am On Jul 10, 2015
jeomegso:

Depends on the kind of black spots. How long have you had these spots.
for about 5years. Due to mosquito and sandflies bites.
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by jeomegso: 7:34pm On Jul 10, 2015
chrisgurl:
for about 5years. Due to mosquito and sandflies bites.

Nivea fair cream and slika papaya soap. Leave soap on at least five minutes before rinsing.
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by Fialm: 1:09pm On Jul 11, 2015
What type of aveeno moisturiser can I buy for my children under 4yrs,or will u prescribe me another cream. I want them to av a fair and glow skin.
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by mizzhoneey(f): 3:53pm On Jul 11, 2015
1.(SKIN CARE INGREDIENTS( for soaps/creams/Gel/ scrubs)

1. AHA( alpha hydroxy acid)
2. GLYCOLIC ACID
3. LACTIC ACID
4. ASCORBIC ACID
5. KOJIC ACID POWDER
6. CITRIC ACID
7. SALICYLIC ACID
8. ALLANTOIN
9 .HQ ( on request)
10. VITAMIN A (retinol)
11. Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide)
12. Turmeric powder
13. Sandalwood /Camwood powder
14. Aloe Vera Extract
15. Titanium Oxide (Sunscreen)
16. Propylene Glycol (skin conditioning agent,stabilizer)
17. Methyl Paraben ( PRESERVATIVE)
18. Zinc Oxide ( UV protector,astringent,skin healing)
19. Vitamin E
20. Glycerin

*** SECTION B.
( BUTTERS/ WAXES/ EMULSIFIERS)

1. Emulysyfying Wax
2. Beeswax
3. Stearic Acid

*** SECTION C.
Fragrances.

1.Vanilla
2.Orange
3.Lemongrass
4. Strawberry

*** SECTION D.
OTHERS.

1. Raw Black soap
2. Collagen(liquid)
3. Avocado Oil
4. BRAGGS Apple Cider Vinegar.
5. Rose Water Concentrate(pure)
6. Coconut Oil
7.Blackseed Oil
8.Blackseed Soap
9.Kojic Carrote Soap
10.Glutathione Soap
11.Argan Herbal Soap

2) OILS( all 30ml)

1. Carrot
2.Eucalyptus
3.Peppermint
4.Mint
5.Onions
6.Garlic
7.Apricot
8.Sweet Almond
9.Henna
10.Castor
11.Chamomile
12.Blue Chamomile
13.Lemon
14.Fenugreek
15.Ginger
16.Rose
17.Aloe Vera
18. Bitter Almond Oil
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by tforever(m): 2:04pm On Jul 12, 2015
Mprex:

pls. I am naturally fair but the Nigerian sun has tanned me badly especially my exposed arms and legs. Pls can you prescribe a cream that can restore my fairness and an effective sun block.

presently i use Idole soap and cream
get aloe moisturizing lotion and aloe sun screen..
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by tforever(m): 2:05pm On Jul 12, 2015
Fialm:
What type of aveeno moisturiser can I buy for my children under 4yrs,or will u prescribe me another cream. I want them to av a fair and glow skin.
have you heard of propolis creme. if not then you are missing out.
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by tforever(m): 2:12pm On Jul 12, 2015
Nyckeh:

Tnx but u didn't tlk abt wat to use for stretch mark
hi for your stretch mark issue send me a pm lets talk.
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by jeomegso: 6:18pm On Jul 12, 2015
Fialm:

Children have blessed innocent skin. Unless there's a medical condition with a child's skin, don't try to tamper with it. Invest instead in good healthy nutrition for ur child n their skin will glow. Weather u use Johnson Johnson or plain palm kernel oil it won't matter. If you are confused just use olive oil and feed them right.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by Mariesio: 1:49pm On Jul 25, 2015
Hi, nice work here.

I am dark but want to lighten up a bit. I have been using PIMENT DOUX SERUM mixed with QEI in the day
Olay Regenerist at night
Gettage Cottage black soap
Since Mar this year, initially I was glowing but when i could not get any review on the PIMENT DOUX serum, I reduced it to once a week and now I look dull without makeup.

Please advice
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by Wizdray: 3:34pm On Jul 25, 2015
How can I get rid of spots on my face? What can I do to have fresh and glow skin?
Thanks
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by Wizdray: 3:35pm On Jul 25, 2015
How can I get rid of spots on my face? What can I do to have fresh and glow skin? Am fair.
Thanks
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by Berniceakin: 4:12pm On Jul 25, 2015
jeomegso:

Qei+ does not contain hydroquinone!!!
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by mizzhoneey(f): 5:34pm On Jul 25, 2015
Wizdray:
How can I get rid of spots on my face? What can I do to have fresh and glow skin? Am fair.
Thanks

Acid peel/lotion will get rtid of spots on your face. For a fresh and glow skin all you need is exfoilation,moisturising and sun protection.

You can make a DIY Lactic acid lotion to get rid of the spots and exfoilate your skin. Have a dead sea salt bath once a week to wash off dead skin salt. Moisturise with natural butters. Protect your skin from the sun with zinc based suncreen or a DIY sunscreen.
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by mizzhoneey(f): 5:37pm On Jul 25, 2015
Mariesio:
Hi, nice work here.

I am dark but want to lighten up a bit. I have been using PIMENT DOUX SERUM mixed with QEI in the day
Olay Regenerist at night
Gettage Cottage black soap
Since Mar this year, initially I was glowing but when i could not get any review on the PIMENT DOUX serum, I reduced it to once a week and now I look dull without makeup.

Please advice

Advice on what.... Lightening or product review?
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by Mariesio: 7:13pm On Jul 25, 2015
mizzhoneey:

Advice on what.... Lightening or product review?

Both, if its advisable to continue PIMENT DOUX and what serum is reconmended to lighten me up a bit
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by mizzhoneey(f): 7:33pm On Jul 25, 2015
Mariesio:

Both, if its advisable to continue PIMENT DOUX and what serum is reconmended to lighten me up a bit

I don't know anything about PIMENT DOUX.... Maybe other people on the thread that have tried it might help. About lightening,there are so many routes to lightening. U can go natural or use chemicals. To lighten generally all you need to do is:
Exfoilate..... Chemical peels,Lactic acid lotion,dead sea salt,exfoilating sponge,etc

Moisturize/Body Building...... Natural butters,essential oils,collagen

Lighten.... Use of naturals like kojic acid,alpha arbutin powder,etc OR use harsh chemicals like hydroquinone,mercury or steroid OR do injections/peels

Sun protection... Zinc based sunscreen is highly recommended

I seLl ingredients U will need for the above if you plan to DIY
Contact me.... Call/watsapp...08166509811
If not,u can surf the internet for products that suit your taste

Ps... The naturAl route is slow but have long lasting effect
Harsh chemicals are fast but may end up with damaged skin and internal organs if not used carefully
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by Wizdray: 10:28pm On Jul 25, 2015
mizzhoneey:

Acid peel/lotion will get rtid of spots on your face. For a fresh and glow skin all you need is exfoilation,moisturising and sun protection.

You can make a DIY Lactic acid lotion to get rid of the spots and exfoilate your skin. Have a dead sea salt bath once a week to wash off dead skin salt. Moisturise with natural butters. Protect your skin from the sun with zinc based suncreen or a DIY sunscreen.

For any of the above listed products/more enquiries call/watsapp 08166509811
Alright. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Some Women Now Wear Remote Controlled Vibrating Panties ................... / Preity Zinta beauty and style. / Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.