Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr (43904 Views)

Hands On Review Of Infinix Zero 3 / My Infinix X600 Note 2 Jst Arrivd From Jumia.hands On Review Follws immdiatly / Lenovo K3 Note First Hand Review By Fiilosofer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr by Ahmadjr(m): 9:02pm On Jun 05, 2015
What seemed to be an eternal wait for me, coupled with leaks, upgrades, rumours, teasers, disappointments mixed with expectations has finally and thankfully come to an end. As they say, so long the outcome turns out beautiful, who cares about the wait! And believe me, this outcome is a Gem in d form of the P7000 cheesy

Before going into further details, let us take a quick recap over the Specs; the phone has a 5.5 inch Gorilla® Glass 3 covered FHD display with 1920x1080p resolution! churning out a decent 400ppi; It is powered by a 1.7GHz Octa-core 64-bit MediaTek MT6752 processor, running Android 5.0 Lollipop OS (with an option to run MIUI, Flyme, Freeme OS, EMUI) 3GB RAM, 16GB on-board storage, dual SIM, a micro SD slot (up to 64GB), 5MP front camera, 13 mega-pixel rear camera with a Sony IMX214 sensor, a lovely home button with an integrated breathing light (notification light) an impressive 3450mAh removable battery and a rear mounted fingerprint scanner “Press Touch ID” similar to that on the iPhone 6!

The phone has impressed me in every aspect so far really, especially with it's design and metal frame which not only gives it an expensive feel but grants protection too. I must say that It sits surprisingly well in d hand for a 5.5"

The P7000 is powered by the Mediatek MT6752 SoC and 3GB of RAM. This 64-bit Soc boasts eight ARM Cortex A53 cores clocked at 1.7GHz and a Mali T760 GPU, which makes that SoC quite a power-house, outperforming the Snapdragon 615. The MT6752 is starting to build a sort of a reputation for being one of the most power efficient MediaTek chips out there; that combined with the 3450mAh battery of the P7000, we’re looking at a battery life of more than an average day.

I haven't really spent a lot of time with this phone yet, but from what I can see, the performance is Top notch! image quality of the 13MP shooter is quite impressive and the lovely fingerprint touch ID works flawlessly. Battery life so far seems pretty good and the phone hasn't shown signs of heating up.
Overall the phone looks and feels like a quality device… one that a company with global ambitions would make.

This will only be a quick hands on review. If you end up interested, stay tuned for more updates as I check out the phone more and probably discover a few bugs as no one phone is perfect Meanwhile, feel free to comment below about anything that you would like to have tested on the phone, and I’ll try my best to include it in the updates.

Enough talk then! let's unbox this lovely beastly device of a thing and see how good it stands in front of the competition.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr by ebrahym(m): 9:06pm On Jun 05, 2015
Following religiously
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr by Ahmadjr(m): 9:13pm On Jun 05, 2015
Elephone P7000 review: Unboxing
Well, I orderd this device indirectly through Jeffy1206 who happens to be a a really trustworthy reseller here on NL. Thankss man!
The P7000 comes in a somewhat gray box.. if I still know my colours well, lol. It opens in a drawer-like kinda way unlike the slide to open boxes we're used to. On the top of the box is an inscription "open the box to get surprised." Well I promise you, it's a good surprise.
Inside the box you find ; a tempered glass- this usually costs more than #1,500, a screen protector film, a flip cover matching the colour of the device, a USB cable, a wall charger and the P7000 itself well arranged in the wide gray box. I was a bit disappointed not finding an earpiece nor an OTG cable in this package.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr by lanre316: 9:15pm On Jun 05, 2015
How much?
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr by Ahmadjr(m): 9:15pm On Jun 05, 2015
Forgive the somewhat noisy pictures...they were taken under low light condition

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr by mrdrizzy(m): 9:16pm On Jun 05, 2015
One of the most anticipated fone in china and the 2nd most anticipated device in nairaland(behind the overhyped infinix zero 2)

so following

question comes after review

3 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr by Crispels(m): 9:22pm On Jun 05, 2015
How much??
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr by kestolove95(m): 9:23pm On Jun 05, 2015
Still married to my gionee 5.5

3 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr by Ahmadjr(m): 9:23pm On Jun 05, 2015
Elephone P7000 review: Design and build
Elephone have been clever with the design of this phablet I must say. It has this iPhone-like look which is really pretty.
If you look at current design trends for thinner and thinner bodies and narrower overall widths you could pick apart the P7000 for being a little bit chunkier than other devices, but why would you when it feels so comfortable and well made?

The P7000 features aesthetic design with a capacitive home button (breathing light) along the chin which serves as the dedicated notification light and yes it's an RGB unit (so you can choose the colour you prefer). There's also a back and menu capacitive button along the chin, but these do not light up. It's kinda nice that way.

Taking a tour around the exterior of the P7000 I found no odd joints or badly fitted components, and all the usual parts are where I expected to find them. A metal chassis (frame) sits round the edges of the phone, with precise cut-outs for a 3.5mm earphone jack and USB port at the top, power button by the right and volume rocker by the left side with machine-drilled holes at the bottom edge for the speaker. There are no sim trays along the side as the rear cover is in fact removable

The rear cover is pretty flexible and looks to be made out of good quality plastic. It can be a little cumbersome to pry it out, but that's a good thing I think, after all you don’t want it to come off or anything after every drop. Mine is already having a bit of a scratch around the designated hole for opening the rear cover, nothing alarming tho.

Inside, there’s space for a 3450mAh battery and 2 SIMs along with a microSD card.
The rear is also where you will find the 13 mega-pixel SONY IMX214 camera and single LED flash by the side.

Just below the camera is the second most exciting feature of this phone for me- the rear Finger print scanner featuring "Touch ID" instead of the native swipe. It is as fast if not a teeny bit faster than that on the iPhone 6 (as seen on a YouTube comparison). It's quite easy to get to the finger print scanner with your index finger whether you're left or right handed and the phone sits comfortably well in your palm. Towards the bottom is the company's logo "ELE" written stylishly on the rear along with the company's motto? "keep expecting and be surprised."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr by Ahmadjr(m): 9:41pm On Jun 05, 2015
Elephone P7000 review: Screen and Performance
When you purchase the P7000 you get a phone that is powered by the all impressive MediaTek MT6752 64-bit octa-core processor, 3GB of RAM and has a 5.5-inch FHD Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3 protecred screen The P7000 has 16GB of on-board storage, a 13 mega-pixel main camera (Sony IMX214) and a 5 mega-pixel front camera.

The 5.5-inch screen will blow you away with its color and sharpness, although some other reviews have stated that the screen is infact not bright enough...I havent noticed this yet- time will tell I guess. Good news is that Elephone have already rolled out an OTA update to Optimise the screen, ROM and polish the camera as well. The screen has really great viewing angles and colours don't wash out on rotating the phone unlike in some other devices. I'm yet to test out the new update, but will let you on the changes I notice as soon as I do.

The P7000 has an incredible processing package that allows it to perform everyday tasks without complaint. Gaming and multitasking is totally lag free for now. When getting the phone out of the box be sure to check that your P7000 isn’t in battery saving mode (as some are shipping this way) this will prevent the screen running at full brightness.

I haven't downloaded or tested heavy games like Asphalt 8 yet, but most review on youtube shows the P7000 handling them smoothly without any lag. One annoying bug I noticed earlier was that the "double tap to wake" function seizes to work at times, like right now as I'm charging the device. Other gestures (draw "e" for browser and the likes) are working well. I hope it's not just bad luck from my end cry
The phone doesn't heat up much, thank God. And battery life so far seems accurately good, although I haven't spend enough time on the phone yet. I'll post screenshots of the battery stats when I'm satisfied I've used it enough.

For now tho, I'll post a screen shot of the battery stats so far.

2 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr by Ahmadjr(m): 9:50pm On Jun 05, 2015
Here's a few snapshots...

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr by parrotibaba(m): 9:52pm On Jun 05, 2015
price?

And does it come with mmc slot?
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr by Ahmadjr(m): 9:58pm On Jun 05, 2015
4G support verified. Dunno if this will ever come in handy. Oh and less I forget, I haven't been able to get a connection on my P7000... Maybe it's just network {I pray so oo} but my tab has got a reception so m using hotspot for the Elephone. Will see how this turns out tomorrow.

BTW, this phone doesn't support fast charging, but it charges pretty fast.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr by Ahmadjr(m): 10:07pm On Jun 05, 2015
parrotibaba:
price?

And does it come with mmc slot?
Crispels:
How much??
lanre316:
How much?

Price stands at #48000 for pre order...and it supports micro SD card.

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr by ebrahym(m): 10:11pm On Jun 05, 2015
Ahmadjr:

Price stands at #46000 for pre order...and it supports micro SD card.

One very important thing sir, can the imei be tweaked? Via mtk engineering?
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr by Ahmadjr(m): 10:12pm On Jun 05, 2015
Elephone P7000 review: Conclusion
When I first read the specs of the Elephone P7000 (back in december), I was pretty excited, but skeptical too. I wanted the phone to be as good as the specifications suggested, but deep down inside I was worried that I would discover some deep dark secret lurking in the hardware.

So have I been impressed or has my heart been broken by this Chinese phablet? To be honest I don’t think I needed to ask that. The Elephone P7000 is one of the best value Android smartphones I have used, full stop!

For the price of the phone, you are getting a good-looking and well made handset with powerful hardware, 64bit processor, Touch ID sensor and running Android 5.0 Lollipop. How many other phones for less than #50,000 pack so much punch?

Check out Jeffy's thread if you're interested in ordering for this device.

4 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr by Ahmadjr(m): 10:16pm On Jun 05, 2015
ebrahym:

Certainly....It's an MTK device.

I'll confirm later tho

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr by funkyjms: 10:59pm On Jun 05, 2015
ebrahym:

So far it's MTK device, it can be tweaked.

Ahmadjr, how come there's one network signal in the image? Thought it's dual sim.

Mehn, this phone baddddd!!! smiley
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr by Ahmadjr(m): 11:10pm On Jun 05, 2015
funkyjms:

So far it's MTK device, it can be tweaked.

Ahmadjr, how come there's one network signal in the image? Thought it's dual sim.

Mehn, this phone baddddd!!! smiley

Yeah, I chose to use 1 sim instead. Saves juice cheesy
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 05, 2015
Anutu, cpuz..e.t.c reviews pls
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr by Ahmadjr(m): 11:20pm On Jun 05, 2015
tochilyn:
Anutu, cpuz..e.t.c reviews pls

I'll do the CPU Z in a moment....Antutu maybe later
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr by Jeffy1206(m): 11:22pm On Jun 05, 2015
Ahmadjr:
Elephone P7000 review: Unboxing
Well, I orderd this device indirectly through Jeffy1206 who happens to be a a really trustworthy reseller here on NL. Thankss man!
The P7000 comes in a somewhat gray box.. if I still know my colours well, lol. It opens in a drawer-like kinda way unlike the slide to open boxes we're used to. On the top of the box is an inscription "open the box to get surprised." Well I promise you, it's a good surprise.
Inside the box you find ; a tempered glass- this usually costs more than #1,500, a screen protector film, a flip cover matching the colour of the device, a USB cable, a wall charger and the P7000 itself well arranged in the wide gray box. I was a bit disappointed not finding an earpiece nor an OTG cable in this package.
thanks for the mention I'm happy for this...

I myself, I'm awaiting a naija made review so far man, you suppose the work for Gizchina oo shocked. You really know how to capture your readers... I think this thread can turn to be discussion thread once other users come in...I'm very interested in Camera review o

4 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr by Charllay(m): 11:23pm On Jun 05, 2015
How much did you get it Sir?
I've been waiting for this phone since last year
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr by Charllay(m): 11:27pm On Jun 05, 2015
Yes he's really good
Jeffy1206:

I myself, I'm awaiting a naija made review so far man, you suppose the work for Gizchina oo shocked. You really know how to capture your readers... I think this thread can turn to be discussion thread once other users come in...I'm very interested in Camera review o
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr by parrotibaba(m): 11:27pm On Jun 05, 2015
Ahmadjr:

Yeah, I chose to use 1 sim instead. Saves juice cheesy
did u cut ur sim?
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr by Ahmadjr(m): 11:27pm On Jun 05, 2015
Sending a few files via Bluetooth made me realize how fast it pairs and detect nearby devices. Awesome!

CPU Z;

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr by Ahmadjr(m): 11:31pm On Jun 05, 2015
parrotibaba:
did u cut ur sim?

For the SIM 1 No I didn't.
Sim 2: not so sure if it's micro or mini...would've check, but as stated in my review it's a bit uneasy getting d rear cover to come off cheesy ...Maybe cuz m new to ELE
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr by parrotibaba(m): 11:32pm On Jun 05, 2015
Ahmadjr:

For the SIM 1 No I didn't.
Sim 2: not so sure if it's micro or mini...would've check, but as stated in my review it's a bit uneasy getting d rear cover to come off cheesy ...Maybe cuz m new to ELE
OK
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr by Ahmadjr(m): 11:35pm On Jun 05, 2015
Jeffy1206:

grin Thank u Sir for the compliment. Will do the camera review tomorrow hopefully...My 2nd semester Exam never end cheesy
This phone is a distraction lipsrsealed
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr by Ahmadjr(m): 11:38pm On Jun 05, 2015
Downloading the UPDATE....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Etisalat Transfer Code / This Man Found My Phone In Ibadan And Returned It Without A Demand (pic) / Did You Get This Message From MTN?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.