Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,814 members, 7,806,285 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

Martial Arts - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Martial Arts (53061 Views)

Mixed Martial Arts UFC 152 Result Jon Jones Vs Vitor Belfort Pictures / Mixed Martial Arts UFC 145 Result Jon Jones Vs Rashad Evans Pictures / Promoting Mixed Martial Arts In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Martial Arts by malcolmzee(m): 9:49am On Dec 08, 2014
hello, fellow practitioners.

I am a blue belt holder currently residing in Iju-Ajuwon area of Lagos.

please I need to know if there is a dojang in Iju-Ajuwon-ishaga-obawole-fagba-okearo-agege area of Lagos
Re: Martial Arts by addictiv(m): 10:39pm On Dec 16, 2014
learning martial arts has been on my mind for a while now. Any professional centres in Port Harcourt? That black belt may come in handy some day
Re: Martial Arts by sonyc00(m): 12:19am On Feb 25, 2015
Panamaijoe:
hello ,am joe a 1st dan blackbelter under grandmaster ferguson oluigbo
so where do you stay,we have no martial art centers here in Abia
Re: Martial Arts by dskenky(m): 7:48pm On Apr 07, 2015
hello pls i'm interested in aikido. is there a dojo in either surulere or vi environs..? Thanx for the response.
Re: Martial Arts by obelisk(m): 12:53pm On Jun 27, 2015
Hi All,

My name is Edward and I am a representative of World Shotokan Karate Federation here in Nigeria. We train at 16 Fola Osibo , Lekki Phase 1 ,Lagos and we are welcoming new students daily.

we practice traditional Shotokan Karate do and we are supervised directly from Japan.

You can reach us here: 08022800717 Lanre

Many thanks

Re: Martial Arts by netghost: 5:20am On Jul 05, 2015
I need a center in Ph.

1 Like

Re: Martial Arts by Mayflyman: 1:44pm On Aug 02, 2015
BlackKenichi:
I've been practicing martial arts for 12 years now.
My main style Chinese Kung Fu (Hung Gar, Bajiquan, Wing Chun, Xing Yi (& Xingyiliuhequan), Taijiquan, Baguazhang, Choy Lay Fut, Shaolin Flood, Cannon and Luohan) which I combine with Okinawan Karate (Shotokhan, Shorin Ryu, Goju Ryu and Uechi Ryu), South East Asian Kickboxing (Muay Thai), Japanese Jujutsu/Judo, Indo Malay Silat (Harimau), Pro Wrestling and Folk Wrestling.
I'm also trying to find a place that teaches Kali/Arnis/Escrima to work on weapons.
You could call me a Mixed Martial Artist but I prefer the term Cross Trainer!

where do you train
Re: Martial Arts by Mayflyman: 1:45pm On Aug 02, 2015
joeyfire:
I just got an instructor in the art of Jeet Kun Do (''Way of the intercepting fist''). It was developed by Bruce Lee as a hybrid fighting style to project the personal strengths of the fighter . I just started and its mindblowingly hard and at the same time strangely relaxing

where do you train
Re: Martial Arts by joeyfire(m): 4:51pm On Aug 06, 2015
Mayflyman:

where do you train

Ajah
Re: Martial Arts by 2baga(m): 8:34am On Aug 24, 2015
Nice to see the thread is still active, though I know the world of martial arts is a very vibrant and active one in Nigeria.
It seems the babas are not aware of this thread, cos I know they will be more than happy to contribute.
Keep Fit
Peace
Re: Martial Arts by technix: 8:10am On Aug 31, 2015
Hello! Does anyone know a taekwondo training centre around ketu, ojota, oshodi or ikeja? Thank you
Re: Martial Arts by prodam(m): 10:02pm On Nov 22, 2015
Hello all,

Where can I get training on martial art or boxing. I am in Alimosho area of Lagos.

Regards.
Re: Martial Arts by Odunayaw(m): 2:12am On Dec 07, 2015
I live in Ibadan,Oyo state and I don't know any centre for training around me..please can sm1 help!...
Re: Martial Arts by 2baga(m): 1:35pm On Dec 08, 2015
Odunayaw:
I live in Ibadan,Oyo state and I don't know any centre for training around me..please can sm1 help!...

I used to train with the oyo state tkd team based in Lekan Salami sports complex, back then they train 3 times a week.
Re: Martial Arts by pryme(m): 5:01pm On Dec 11, 2015
I have been practicing karate for more than 9 yrs when I stopped unfortunately work did not allow me go further for my black belt, I did not have the luxury of the weeks at the BBC.

I studied shotokan karate from a variety of Sensies, it's shame most students are awarded Black Belts after doing well in national competitions. Some of them have no idea of grappling techniques

These days Karate is no longer trained in secret, I see students wearing their Gees (Kimono) walking around the streets (the the fools don't know they given away the advantage the have in a fight).

Now Katas are done for the (How) not for the (Why)

Karate is lost
Re: Martial Arts by Fritz007(m): 3:45pm On Feb 24, 2016
Hello,
Am interested in studying martial arts. Am based in Karu site Abuja I have a background in taekwondo but want to resume training in either taekwondo or karate do please and one with any info about dojang or do go that I can train with...
Re: Martial Arts by purplebelt(m): 7:11pm On Apr 14, 2016
2nd Semester 2016 @ Our Lekki Dojo (5th Round About) starts on Saturday 16th April.

Visit http://collinskarate.net/signup/ to register for a free class.
Re: Martial Arts by llaykorn: 12:24pm On May 08, 2016
prodam:
Hello all,

Where can I get training on martial art or boxing. I am in Alimosho area of Lagos.

Regards.

2016 already. Found a dojo yet?
Re: Martial Arts by Frankicent(m): 1:21pm On Jul 20, 2016
BlackKenichi:
I've been practicing martial arts for 12 years now.
My main style Chinese Kung Fu (Hung Gar, Bajiquan, Wing Chun, Xing Yi (& Xingyiliuhequan), Taijiquan, Baguazhang, Choy Lay Fut, Shaolin Flood, Cannon and Luohan) which I combine with Okinawan Karate (Shotokhan, Shorin Ryu, Goju Ryu and Uechi Ryu), South East Asian Kickboxing (Muay Thai), Japanese Jujutsu/Judo, Indo Malay Silat (Harimau), Pro Wrestling and Folk Wrestling.
I'm also trying to find a place that teaches Kali/Arnis/Escrima to work on weapons.

You could call me a Mixed Martial Artist but I prefer the term Cross Trainer!

I do want to learn wing chun
Re: Martial Arts by Frankicent(m): 1:25pm On Jul 20, 2016
zeongeon:
@Medusa Capoeira I will very glad to meet u I also train in capoeira..capoeira isn't common in nigeria and not even known in nigeria..I train in lagos and we are very few that train in it u can send me an email zeongeon@yahoo.com and probably when u move down to lagos I will like u to meet out little group we train in the body language studio illupeju 334/336 Agege
motor road, (beside suzuki), by Railway bypass
junction, Ilupeju, Lagos; Ilupeju ;telephone 07038710733
Members of this martial arts forum feel free to go train capoeira there too

Do you still train in illupeju agege?
Re: Martial Arts by Frankicent(m): 1:27pm On Jul 20, 2016
wing Chung dummy stick....awesome
Re: Martial Arts by zeongeon: 3:19pm On Jul 20, 2016
Frankicent:

Do you still train in illupeju agege?
Yes we still train at ilupeju and even Victoria island.
Re: Martial Arts by Frankicent(m): 5:45pm On Jul 20, 2016
zeongeon:
Yes we still train at ilupeju and even Victoria island.
I stay @mangoro agege .... Tell me how the training goes.
Re: Martial Arts by zeongeon: 8:44pm On Jul 20, 2016
Frankicent:
I stay @mangoro agege .... Tell me how the training goes.
Firstly, capoeira is an afro Brazilian martial arts that was practiced by slaves who where transported from Africa to Brazil. Capoeira is a symbol of freedom, resistance and strength. Capoeira is the national sports of Brazil and rival football in Brazil.

Capoeira training requires lots of movement, strength, agility, speed, power, endurance and flexibility. capoeira is a blend of dance, fight, ritual (traditions), history and music.

There are three types of capoeira namely Capoeira Angola, Capoeira regional and Capoeira contemporary. We train contemporary which is a blend of regional and Angola.

Capoeira training is most times accompanied with music and songs with instruments like the berimbau, atabaque, pandiero, reco record, caxixi, shekere and of cause claps and choruses. The rythm determines how fast we play or fight.

When you get started you will have to learn the "dance" called the ginga (swing). you can look out Eddy on tekken game. You will have to master the ginga cause most of the moves will end up having u going back to the ginga for balance. Then after the ginga you move to the esquivas( dodges), then you learn the kicks, hand strikes, take downs grapples and then florieos (flourishes). Then as you progress you will then begin to learn malicia and develop your mandinga.

For further questions and inquiry you drop your number and I will add you to our whatsapp group where u can meet many capoeirstas and ask all your questions.

Hope I have been of help.

Salve

Axe
Re: Martial Arts by Frankicent(m): 8:44pm On Jul 21, 2016
zeongeon:
Firstly, capoeira is an afro Brazilian martial arts that was practiced by slaves who where transported from Africa to Brazil. Capoeira is a symbol of freedom, resistance and strength. Capoeira is the national sports of Brazil and rival football in Brazil.

Capoeira training requires lots of movement, strength, agility, speed, power, endurance and flexibility. capoeira is a blend of dance, fight, ritual (traditions), history and music.

There are three types of capoeira namely Capoeira Angola, Capoeira regional and Capoeira contemporary. We train contemporary which is a blend of regional and Angola.

Capoeira training is most times accompanied with music and songs with instruments like the berimbau, atabaque, pandiero, reco record, caxixi, shekere and of cause claps and choruses. The rythm determines how fast we play or fight.

When you get started you will have to learn the "dance" called the ginga (swing). you can look out Eddy on tekken game. You will have to master the ginga cause most of the moves will end up having u going back to the ginga for balance. Then after the ginga you move to the esquivas( dodges), then you learn the kicks, hand strikes, take downs grapples and then florieos (flourishes). Then as you progress you will then begin to learn malicia and develop your mandinga.

For further questions and inquiry you drop your number and I will add you to our whatsapp group where u can meet many capoeirstas and ask all your questions.

Salve

Axe

woow impressing.... here is my number 08130978745
Re: Martial Arts by Holludharyor(m): 4:24pm On Aug 26, 2016
Frankicent:

woow impressing.... here is my number 08130978745
Re: Martial Arts by Holludharyor(m): 4:32pm On Aug 26, 2016
zeongeon:

Salve

Axe
Re: Martial Arts by Frankicent(m): 4:48pm On Aug 26, 2016
Holludharyor:

sorry it been long I made this post. I forgot why I drop.the write and you did... Pleased remind me why you drop your number
Re: Martial Arts by brownhawk: 7:24am On Dec 19, 2016
mayrho:
Tried Aikido in 2003 till in chickened out I have heard of Krav Maga too it encompasses all the fighting skills you can come up with just defend yourself
ive being looking for a krav maga learning centre in Lagos.. do u know any?
Re: Martial Arts by pappyshun(m): 8:54am On Dec 26, 2016
I need to register my 6yr old child in a martial art club. Can anyone help me with a club in Ota?Very urgent please!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

AFCON: Ivorian Fan Apologises To Family After Caught Wooing Lady At Senegal Game / Israel Adesanya's Ex-Girlfriend, Charlotte Powdrell, Demands Half Of His Wealth / Serena Williams Is Engaged To Alexis Ohanian, Reddit Co-Founder. Gets Backlash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.