Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,476 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

See What a Bank Did To There IT Students - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / See What a Bank Did To There IT Students (7801 Views)

Credit Officer Jobs For Fresh Graduate And IT Students / How Do I Get A Bank Job? / The Most Important Step I Took After I Was Sacked From A Bank-to Sacked Bankers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by frenzymirakk(m): 11:07pm On Jun 05, 2015
This is very disheartening, i come to wonder why rich people dont giv a damn what happens to some ppl down in the creeks.
On April 14th,exactly my birthday, whyl engaged with my Industrial Training in a bank. A mail came from the HR, instructing instant disengagement for all IT student nationwide. This actually came after about two months since we resumed.
The problem now is dat they av refused to pay us for the two months we worked. Please advise cos we ar thinkin of taking a legal action against them. Or wat do u tnk we can do because for now I am totally stranded, no work and finance is zero, pls how do u wnt me especially to deal with it
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by 3kay945(m): 11:13pm On Jun 05, 2015
Eyah, sorry. In my place, we don't pay I.T but Corpers.
Ride on bro.
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by fisaylab: 11:20pm On Jun 05, 2015
Sorry,tell us why all of you were sacked at a go,ask your HR some vital question,we will be able to tell you war strategies you are going to use and missiles of attack.

2 Likes

Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by frenzymirakk(m): 11:44pm On Jun 05, 2015
fisaylab:
Sorry,tell us why all of you were sacked at a go,ask your HR some vital question,we will be able to tell you war strategies you are going to use and missiles of attack.

from all i knw they said some of the IT student stationed in lagos were involved in fraud or smtn... But I stl dnt tnk dat should warrant thm sending we all away this tym witout pay. My branch manager even tried figthin it wit reasons dat we were not involved and should not b held accountable for any1s sin but instead he received a querry. I even tot dat if it were ther staff dat did such would they disengage all ther staff?. Av jst been devastated sinc then cos i spent every of my savings durin d two months engagemnt hopin they would pay afta 3 months as some ppl speculated
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by Holatunde007(m): 3:02am On Jun 06, 2015
I.T should be scraped, I don't knw y government initiated it in the first when they know there won't be a space for us at the labor market to fix in.......I've been submitting my I.T letters for 6months now, yet no one is ready to pay, just at home sleeping and gambling around the street

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by Nobody: 5:02am On Jun 06, 2015
Op,was the intention communicated to the IT students,or is a clear disengagement without proper briefing?

If an engagement issued,then a proper disengagement statement should be Issued,else you can pursue a legal mean.
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by Nobody: 5:26am On Jun 06, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by Joyhuxley(m): 5:49am On Jun 06, 2015
Team up and Go to court to seek redress. Gather all points in your defence. This is a battle you can win
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by Nobody: 6:25am On Jun 06, 2015
I
Holatunde007:
I.T should be scraped, I don't knw y government initiated it in the first when they know there won't be a space for us at the labor market to fix in.......I've been submitting my I.T letters for 6months now, yet no one is ready to pay, just at home sleeping and gambling around the street
why should it be scrapped? That you are finding it difficult to find placement does not mean other students are not finding their's easily.
You being unable to get an IT placement because you are motivated by money and not the lure to acquire necessary professional experience which is the basis of the program in the first place is your fault and shouldn't be attributed to anyone else.

Continue sleeping at home and gambling away your life on the street while smarter students have fixed themselves in a place and are already working. By the time you join the labour market and the only professional experience on your CV is the one you acquired at baba Ijebu or Merrybet's shop, na that time your eyes go clear. grin

Friedplantain

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by hayoakins(m): 6:33am On Jun 06, 2015
Few questions @OP

1. Were you giving any engagement letter?

2. What were the conditions for disengagement before expiration of the IT period in the letter (if any).

3. If no letter was issued, was your IT letter received, stamped and signed for acceptance serving as a contract between you and the organisation?

1 Like

Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by isaiahbode: 7:02am On Jun 06, 2015
Holatunde007:

@ holatunde. It is better for you to go and learn a job dat can be useful for U in d future instead of sleeping @ home and gambling around d corners. Truth is bitter

1 Like

Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by SPAGGYYY(f): 7:08am On Jun 06, 2015
[size=20pt]on a good day u were not supposed to be paid by the organisation that employed you they can only appreciate you be giving you some amounts, although some organisation like GTB pays.

You ought to be paid by the government thru ITF Industrial Training Fund

But in a country where d Students are taking for granted, the money allocated for the students thru ITF has been manipulated thru corruption [/size]

8 Likes

Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by blank(f): 7:17am On Jun 06, 2015
Take them to Industrial Court of Arbitration. They are more friendly to such cases and it doesn't take as long as normal courts.

My opinion though.
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by isaiahbode: 7:25am On Jun 06, 2015
frenzymirakk:

from all i knw they said some of the IT student stationed in lagos were involved in fraud or smtn... But I stl dnt tnk dat should warrant thm sending we all away this tym witout pay. My branch manager even tried figthin it wit reasons dat we were not involved and should not b held accountable for any1s sin but instead he received a querry. I even tot dat if it were ther staff dat did such would they disengage all ther staff?. Av jst been devastated sinc then cos i spent every of my savings durin d two months engagemnt hopin they would pay afta 3 months as some ppl speculated

Sorry,but dat is banking job for you. nothing U pple can do because there is no writing agreement btw U pple and dat bank about d job condition [ I mean an appointment letter] it is only U pple pleaded to work with dem
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by Friedthunder(m): 7:39am On Jun 06, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by boladez(m): 7:39am On Jun 06, 2015
This is a very sensitive issue.

I don't blame Sterling bank for scrapping the IT programme I only wonder why they have not paid up for the periods worked. Probably there is more to the story we do not know.

Many upcoming , young ones I interact with seem to see no boundaries to the limit of hustling. I will ask a question from the following statements;

1. Your brother houses you and feeds you while you are still a student
2. Your brother works so hard and pays your fees in school and gives you pocket money
3. Your brother is building a house from his savings and sweat but has not time to supervise the work
4. You are on holidays and your brother asks you to supervise his house project and infact gives you tons of cash to buy materials

Now the question...will you make money from supervising his work?

The answer is YES for most younger ones and in my opinion this is the height of decadence that these ones take to their places of IT.

I have worked in a multinational that banned IT students because year on year they get defrauded. Hence I do not blame Sterling bank at all.

What the youth need to do is for the ones with clear heads to continue to try and impact those with warped minds and hopefully make them see the damage their single acts are causing the larger number of youth.

Here on Nairaland a guy wanted to buy cheap data being sold illegally undermining the GSM service providers , he got scammed and had the boldness to come out and mention. Such is the level of decadence.

Finally poster, a simple letter to the head of HR will make they pay your money. If you need help to do this, PM me, I will take it up but you need to give me full and accurate facts and be honest bout everything...come out clean.

SPAGGYYY:
[size=20pt]on a good day u were not supposed to be paid by the organisation that employed you they can only appreciate you be giving you some amounts, although some organisation like GTB pays.
You ought to be paid by the government thru ITF Industrial Training Fund
But in a country where d Students are taking for granted, the money allocated for the students thru ITF has been manipulated thru corruption [/size]

Correct Bro, but can you blame the ITF when student unions are busy chasing politicians and endorsing candidates for elections , offering the student bodies as thugs and miscreants.......in my almost 50 years , I have never seen Student unions so without focus and ineffective all my life!

Its not a Sterling Problem but a societal clamity

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by amokeme(f): 7:47am On Jun 06, 2015
They don't pay IT students nau...
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by olabanji88(m): 7:50am On Jun 06, 2015
Guy u just they run ur mouth when I was on it I was 5500 I just chilled on it there places they pay it 50k but I didn't go there because I enjoyed what I was doing der the money wasn't even enough to tranpsot for 2 weeks if u want it placement in a company without pay or if u are fortunate and they see u are hard working they reward u with 7500 at the end of the month no guarrantee oo inbox me guy IT dey everywhere not necessary u do it in shell or chevron or bat or ge [b][/b]
Holatunde007:
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by wine4dguy: 8:03am On Jun 06, 2015
during my time of IT my school does the run around and when the posting letters are out the student already knows where he/she is going...
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by boladez(m): 8:05am On Jun 06, 2015
wine4dguy:
during my time of IT my school does the run around and when the posting letters are out the student already knows where he/she is going...

Very Old Man.....LOL grin...that was Centuries ago
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by boboLIL(m): 9:18am On Jun 06, 2015
frenzymirakk:
This is very disheartening, i come to wonder why rich people dont giv a damn what happens to some ppl down in the creeks.
On April 14th,exactly my birthday, whyl engaged with my Industrial Training in Sterling bank. A mail came from the HR, instructing instant disengagement for all IT student nationwide. This actually came after about two months since we resumed.
The problem now is dat they av refused to pay us for the two months we worked. Please advise cos we ar thinkin of taking a legal action against them. Or wat do u tnk we can do because for now I am totally stranded, no work and finance is zero, pls how do u wnt me especially to deal with it
m0ve 0n...things happen fr a reas0n....there is life,,,there is h0pe...
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by ahmbal(m): 10:41am On Jun 06, 2015
@ frenzymirakk, its so stupid to av brought up an issue lyk dx here, i see dx as a means of the urge of front page or wat ever u want
1. on no acct wud u work wtout being paid(as an IT if u submit/send ur acct no to HR)
2. IT students re well taken care of at STERLING BANK(taking from experience) especially if u av a gud boss or u have a gud manner towards ur colleagues
3. I heard wen d disengagement issue started,and u ALL(I.T. students) were given DAYS OFF work to go bck to sch to bring ur VALID OND results or VALID paper to assure the bank of ur true studentship,
so frenzymirakk , kindly state wat u dd and aw ur disengagement came abt, because a bank wud NEVER want to go into law suit wt anybody wen it comes to contract issues, and abt ur boss who received query #i beg free me frm that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by Bsharp: 1:24pm On Jun 06, 2015
Op, you don't even know the difference between 'Their' and 'There'. That's quite bad.

Edit your topic accordingly.

1 Like

Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by Rexology: 1:25pm On Jun 06, 2015
Joyhuxley:
Team up and Go to court to seek redress. Gather all points in your defence. This is a battle you can win

...and tell the court what? what would be your case? who would fund the litigation? If you are a Lawyer, would you accept to stand for them on this case? did the Law mandate organizations to pay their IT students?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by Olusharp(m): 2:12pm On Jun 06, 2015
FriedPlantain:
I why should it be scraped? That you are finding it difficult to find placement does not mean other students are not finding their's easily.
You being unable to get an IT placement because you are motivated by money and not the lure to acquire necessary professional experience which is the basis of the program in the first place is your fault and shouldn't be attributed to anyone else.

Continue sleeping at home and gambling away your life on the street while smarter students have fixed themselves in a place and are already working. By the time you join the labour market and the only professional experience on your CV is the one you acquired at baba Ijebu or Merrybet's shop, na that time your eyes go clear. grin

Friedplantain
if you see how much they are paying me where I am doing mine you go pity me but make I nor lie I dey gain knowledge... IT is not for you to make money but to acquire knowledge but most student expect to be paid nothing less than 20k
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 06, 2015
Sterling bank...THE MOST USELESS BANK OF THE CENTURY...
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by Gaudium12: 4:21pm On Jun 06, 2015
Free offer for you on this website send your Sms free of charge. Do u knw, U can send all ur msgs to any network in Nigeria @ a cheap rate instead of #4 that Glo, Mtn, Etisalat charge. For church meetings, Mosque meetings, Your special programme, for campaign.. this program ll work for you To register click:
http://gaudiumsmsworld.com/index.php/register. Confirm your registration by clicking d link sent to your email(U ll find it either inside Inbox or Spam) Then, login in with dis http://gaudiumsmsworld.com/index.php/login. Or call 07033957669
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by simdam500(m): 4:31pm On Jun 06, 2015
FriedPlantain: I why should it be scraped? That you are finding it difficult to find placement does not mean other students are not finding their's easily.

Friedplantain

Here we go, but inasmuch as u want to sound right, u could have made more points by given a solution to what he stated; not telling him about how others have made it before him which sounds like u are humiliating him.

Still u have a point cheesy
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by horladmejy(m): 4:36pm On Jun 06, 2015
Well u have said it all...I have something to say....I need a job..
Plsss o ....can't stay till November for nysc batch b..
Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by ahmbal(m): 4:44pm On Jun 06, 2015
adeoti01:
am sure u once FAILED dr test or dd bad at dr interview, Pele dear, I feel ur pain wink
adeoti01:

3 Likes

Re: See What a Bank Did To There IT Students by goldfish80(m): 4:44pm On Jun 06, 2015
The agency I TF should be the ones paying interns after they must have submitted their training log book. But as fast as I know, this agency don't remunerate students. In my opinion, ITF is the most corrupt agency in the world, they make fifa, Cbn, NNPC, NPF look like learners

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Graduate Internship Scheme Sure-p Email / Blasting/painting Foreman, Rigger Foreman,spray Painter,mate,painting Inspector, / Just Got This Invite.. Pls Help A Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.