Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,501 members, 7,781,516 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:01 PM

Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos (2461 Views)

President Buhari Attends Juma'at Prayers At The State House (Photos) / Ijaw Group Counters Clark, Lists What He Benefited From Jonathan / Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by midolian(m): 11:23pm On Jun 05, 2015
Former Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, has countered claims by his successor, Nyesom Wike, that he looted furniture, items and accessories in the Rivers State Government House.

DAILY POST, on Friday, received pictures showing some rooms and offices, which appear to look intact.

However, it is yet to be ascertained if the lootings being claimed by Wike’s camp were carried out in rooms shown in the pictures this newspaper got or elsewhere.

Assistant State Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Sam Nwanosike had alleged that cronies of the past Governor, Rotimi Amaechi were taking the state properties in Lagos and Abuja.

Nwanosike earlier in the week said: “the liaison officer in Abuja, John Enebeli is battling with Coscharis motors to steal the two BMW cars that the Governor uses while in Abuja.

“They are still looting Rivers state Government property both in Lagos and Abuja and even in Port Harcourt.

“If you say Governor Amaechi did not allow for the looting of those items, how come he found it difficult to collaborate with the transition committee?” He querried.

But Amaechi through his media assistant, David Iyofor said that Wike had gone to “ridiculous and absurd” lengths to show his imaginary claims of vandalism and
looting in Government House in his bid to vote billions of naira for renovation of the place.

Amaechi urged Rivers people, the media and the public “to be watchful, vigilant and discern the fraudulent acts” of the new Administration meant to paint him (Amaechi) and the Administration he headed appear evil.

Continuing he said, “As I noted earlier in a previous statement, Nyesom Wike is going ahead with his plan of attempting to deride and discredit me and my administration, by blackmailing and coercing key government officials including DFAs, Permanent Secretaries and others to twist and distort legitimate government transactions in his desperation to cook-up, and fabricate baseless, concocted and unfounded cases of corruption against me and the administration I ran.

“The state bankers and some of our contractors are also not spared in this his mission of tarnishing the reputation of Amaechi. As a matter of fact, Wike has only one agenda as he governs Rivers State – the agenda to portray me as corrupt, by whatever means no matter how ridiculous and phony it looks”.

Amaechi also described as a fraud the video and pictures of the looted and vandalized Government House that Wike has been showing.

“The images are also fraudulent, arranged and executed by Wike to enable him vote billions of Naira from the state treasury to renovate and refurbish the place, while also accusing me of corruption.

“I repeat, this is clearly a game, a grand conspiracy to siphon state funds under the sub-head of renovating and refurbishing a supposedly ‘vandalized and looted’ Government House, while also falsely smear my image.

“Wike said the curtains in the Governor’s residence were looted, but even in his stage-managed images, you could clearly see that the curtains are still intact. I left Government House intact.

“Rivers people should hold Wike responsible if there’s any looting and vandalism in Government House. There is verifiable information that on May 29, Wike stopped key Government House staff including the Permanent Secretary (who’s the chief accounting officer) from entering the premises, only to shout looting and vandalism 48 hours later.

“Why were civil servants, including the most senior civil servant in Government House, barred from entering the compound on May 29? Was it to give him time and provide cover to stage-manage the shooting of the fraudulent video that he’s now gleefully showing?” the ex-governor quipped.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/06/05/amaechi-counters-wikes-looting-claim-releases-government-house-photos/

Cc: Lalasticlala, ishilove

1 Share

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by GOATandYAMtheory: 11:30pm On Jun 05, 2015
Rivers people are in for a big shit. They ll soon know what their governor is made of.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jun 05, 2015
Traitor sold his biterite to Buhari just to be his campaign spokesman
Is it what it?

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by midolian(m): 11:33pm On Jun 05, 2015
LionOfUbima:
“Why were civil servants, including the most senior civil servant in Government House, barred from entering the compound on May 29? Was it to give him time and provide cover to stage-manage the shooting of the fraudulent video that he’s now gleefully showing?”

I knew Wike was up to something when he released those fraudulent pictures..The lion of Ubima won't stoop so low to the level of making away with the rugs, electrical fittings, curtains, bullet-proof doors, furniture and all..A childish allegation I ld call that.

A man that can go to this extent jst to discredit another man doesn't deserve to be the governor of Rivers state...This man is wicked ..and I am sure that by the time he finishes with Rivers state, rivers pple wld know "Wike and Wickedness" actually means the same thing..

I jst dey pity Rivers pple..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by bettercreature(m): 11:40pm On Jun 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Is it what it?
You seriously need delieverance you have no regard for anybody,are you a goat?

11 Likes

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by sagio09: 11:43pm On Jun 05, 2015
Issorit
Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jun 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Is it what it?
only an illiterate fool writes birthright as biterite shey na gala? And moreover,his loyalty lies with buhari due to shepopotamus controlling attitude...

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by phemmyutd(m): 11:45pm On Jun 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Is it what it?

you all claimed Amaechi betrayed Jonathan. but you forgot that Jona betrayed Amaechi first. when he won Governor forum Chairman. why did Jonathan Sold his birth rite to Jang?

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by midolian(m): 11:48pm On Jun 05, 2015
phemmyutd:

you all claimed Amaechi betrayed Jonathan. but you forgot that Jona betrayed Amaechi first. when he won Governor forum Chairman. why did Jonathan Sold his birth rite to Jang?
No mind dis pple o! Amaechi was robbed in broad daylight by GEJ buh dem no see am as betrayal..

Sometimes I wonder if they knw Right from Wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jun 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Is it what it?

Yes it WORTH it

English language is your problem not Amaechi or Buhari !

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by donphilopus: 12:01am On Jun 06, 2015
[s]
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Is it what it?
[/s]

Shut that bleep up. You ain't making sense!

BTW, what do you mean by 'what'? Product of Jonathan's failed educational system!

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by codedslayer: 12:42am On Jun 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Is it what it?

Go school, uno gree. Olodo.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by Nobody: 12:47am On Jun 06, 2015
So Amaechi just strolled into Rivers Governors House and took the photos?

Why these pics could be a year old for all we know.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by blonker1: 12:47am On Jun 06, 2015
phemmyutd:

Check history nobody has ever betrayed his brother,friend or coleague and finish in life well.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by ionsman: 1:13am On Jun 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Is it what it?
No wonder Gej is your hero. ..
You : Birthright-biterite
Is it worth it - is it what it....

Gej : How much did nwobodo steal - how much did nwobodo stole. ...... grin
Well done oreMUMU...

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by ziccoit: 1:23am On Jun 06, 2015
There are some stories I don't read and if at all I do it would just to while away the time. One of those stories is stu.pid insinuation by a criminal cum governor insinuating his predecessor vandalized the government house.

Ha ha ha, it is only branded fool that would believe such a super story. How much are those 'things' that would be so expensive and out of his reach that he would have to recurse to stealing in order to acquire them? Superlative super story.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by nairalife2013(m): 2:46am On Jun 06, 2015
blonker1:
Check history nobody has ever betrayed his brother,friend or coleague and finish in life well.
I fink dis is d final word!
Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by Nobody: 3:16am On Jun 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Is it what it?
pls go try to enrol in a GEJ almajiri school.

Bad Things Likely To Start Happening To Nigerian Entertainers
Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by Nobody: 3:36am On Jun 06, 2015
Lovely am enjoying the drama from the stables of Rivers state.
Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by ofala(m): 3:43am On Jun 06, 2015
The worst mistake Rivers people made was to have allowed their siblings and relatives to carry Wike's gun and orchestrate the charade on the Governorship election day.

Time will tell but I frankly don't see any positive thing coming from this learned colleague who talks and behaves like a street tout.

Good luck Riverians, you will need lots of it in the coming months

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by dunkem21(m): 3:46am On Jun 06, 2015
bettercreature:
You seriously need delieverance you have no regard for anybody,are you a goat?

Are you talking to el-rufai?
Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by bunmititi(f): 4:34am On Jun 06, 2015
so amaechi marched into govt house this morning to snap pictures of the offices?

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by zicoraads: 5:11am On Jun 06, 2015
I think one of them is being dodgy with the truth. And my mind keeps saying the suspect is Ameachi.

Ameachi left that state for a long time during Buhari's campaign trail. I can bet he didn't even spend upto a week in his state during that period. Some of his aides may have utilised that absence to take some of those properties to their houses. But in order not to appear clueless, he is trying very hard to discredit what Wike has said.

That said, how much are those things worth that government officials would want to tarnish their names by stealing them?

Nigeria and her politics. #sighs
Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by kolomax(m): 5:30am On Jun 06, 2015
zicoraads:
I think one of them is being dodgy with the truth. And my mind keeps saying the suspect is Ameachi.

I know you don't like Ameachi but don't let that blind you hje made and allegation here saying:“Why were civil servants, including the most senior civil
servant in Government House, barred from entering the
compound on May 29? Was it to give him time and provide
cover to stage-manage the shooting of the fraudulent video
that he’s now gleefully showing?”
You did not see anything about that but jump in Conclusion that your mind say That which mind are you talking about

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by zicoraads: 5:43am On Jun 06, 2015
kolomax:
I know you don't like Ameachi but don't let that blind you hje made and allegation here saying:“Why were civil servants, including the most senior civil
servant in Government House, barred from entering the
compound on May 29? Was it to give him time and provide
cover to stage-manage the shooting of the fraudulent video
that he’s now gleefully showing?”
You did not see anything about that but jump in Conclusion that your mind say That which mind are you talking about
Am just saying...I haven't exonerated Wike either. I have worked with politicians and they are never to be trusted. No matter the side of the divide we belong to...we should always use our head. For all we know, one of them or even the both of them may be telling a lie.
Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by kolomax(m): 5:53am On Jun 06, 2015
zicoraads:
Am just saying...I haven't exonerated Wike either. I have worked with politicians and they are never to be trusted. No matter the side of the divide we belong to...we should always use our head. For all we know, one of them or even the both of them may be telling a lie.
this is what you suppose to say in the first place
Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by omenka(m): 6:01am On Jun 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Is it what it?
Illiteracy, basic prerequisite for induction into the Nairaland League of TANoids, NLT.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by omenka(m): 6:06am On Jun 06, 2015
bunmititi:
so amaechi marched into govt house this morning to snap pictures of the offices?
He doesn't have to be there. Someone else could be there for him. There is something called phone that accommodates something called whatsapp, others called BBM, facebook, twitter, instagram. Go find out how they could be used, and come thank me later.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by iamrealdeji(m): 6:29am On Jun 06, 2015
southniyikaye:
only an illiterate fool writes birthright as biterite shey na gala? And moreover,his loyalty lies with buhari due to shepopotamus controlling attitude...
OREMUSSANCTUS is obviously illiterate,biterite,is it what it?
Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by Pavore9: 7:02am On Jun 06, 2015
Some are here busy insulting each other while those they are supporting are busy collecting the money. angry
Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by wadetaw202: 8:25am On Jun 06, 2015
This picture could have been taken any time. It could have been taken several months ago or several years ago. How does it clear amechi of stealing government house properties?

(1) (Reply)

photo:Buhari Meets With Obama , World Bank, Bill Gates Foundation / South South Is Not Biafra And Will Never Be Part Of Your Joke Called Biafra / FG Lines Up El-rufai And 4 Other Witnesses Against Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.