Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,878 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos (40899 Views)

President Buhari Attends Juma'at Prayers At The State House (Photos) / Ijaw Group Counters Clark, Lists What He Benefited From Jonathan / Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by senier007(m): 5:59am On Jun 06, 2015
Former Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, has countered claims by his successor, Nyesom Wike, that he looted furniture, items and accessories in the Rivers State Government House.

DAILY POST, on Friday, received pictures showing some rooms and offices, which appear to look intact.

However, it is yet to be ascertained if the lootings being claimed by Wike’s camp were carried out in rooms shown in the pictures this newspaper got or elsewhere.
Assistant State Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Sam Nwanosike had alleged that cronies of the past Governor, Rotimi Amaechi were taking the state properties in Lagos and Abuja.

Nwanosike earlier in the week said: “the liaison officer in Abuja, John Enebeli is battling with Coscharis motors to steal the two BMW cars that the Governor uses while in Abuja.

“They are still looting Rivers state Government property both in Lagos and Abuja and even in Port Harcourt.

“If you say Governor Amaechi did not allow for the looting of those items, how come he found it difficult to collaborate with the transition committee?” He querried.
But Amaechi through his media assistant, David Iyofor said that Wike had gone to “ridiculous and absurd” lengths to show his imaginary claims of vandalism and
looting in Government House in his bid to vote billions of naira for renovation of the place.

Amaechi urged Rivers people, the media and the public “to be watchful, vigilant and discern the fraudulent acts” of the new Administration meant to paint him (Amaechi) and the Administration he headed appear evil.

Continuing he said, “As I noted earlier in a previous statement, Nyesom Wike is going ahead with his plan of attempting to deride and discredit me and my administration, by blackmailing and coercing key government officials including DFAs, Permanent Secretaries and others to twist and distort legitimate government transactions in his desperation to cook-up, and fabricate baseless, concocted and unfounded cases of corruption against me and the administration I ran.

“The state bankers and some of our contractors are also not spared in this his mission of tarnishing the reputation of Amaechi. As a matter of fact, Wike has only one agenda as he governs Rivers State – the agenda to portray me as corrupt, by whatever means no matter how ridiculous and phony it looks”.

Amaechi also described as a fraud the video and pictures of the looted and vandalized Government House that Wike has been showing.

“The images are also fraudulent, arranged and executed by Wike to enable him vote billions of Naira from the state treasury to renovate and refurbish the place, while also accusing me of corruption.

“I repeat, this is clearly a game, a grand conspiracy to siphon state funds under the sub-head of renovating and refurbishing a supposedly ‘vandalized and looted’ Government House, while also falsely smear my image.

“Wike said the curtains in the Governor’s residence were looted, but even in his stage-managed images, you could clearly see that the curtains are still intact. I left Government House intact.

“Rivers people should hold Wike responsible if there’s any looting and vandalism in Government House. There is verifiable information that on May 29, Wike stopped key Government House staff including the Permanent Secretary (who’s the chief accounting officer) from entering the premises, only to shout looting and vandalism 48 hours later.

“Why were civil servants, including the most senior civil servant in Government House, barred from entering the compound on May 29? Was it to give him time and provide cover to stage-manage the shooting of the fraudulent video that he’s now gleefully showing?” the ex-governor quipped.
Source: http://dailypost.ng/2015/06/05/amaechi-counters-wikes-looting-claim-releases-government-house-photos/?wt=3

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by Nobody: 6:06am On Jun 06, 2015
wike na small boy doing gra gra.

Very beautiful interior decoration. wink

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by Nobody: 6:12am On Jun 06, 2015
I dont trust both of them. Looting actually took place but who championed it is d mystery. im watching as d scenes play out

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by Emphany: 6:12am On Jun 06, 2015
I hope Amaechi still have friends who advices him, he'll die of heart attack if he doesnt go home and relax and forget power like our Hero Gej has done...Quote me if u like,i prms to give u d exact reply you deserve.

24 Likes

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by SeverusSnape(m): 6:12am On Jun 06, 2015
Amaechi is a liar!... These are before-the-looting pictures.

94 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by lokito: 6:17am On Jun 06, 2015
Truth is Amaechi Looted some things; Police looted most things, then Wike came on board, saw the lootings then he decided to HIDE other things prior to his probe. These set of people are childish.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by Emenahagos02(m): 6:24am On Jun 06, 2015
Nobody will ever believe Amaechi even if he's telling the truth. So who is even telling the truth grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by nationwide1(m): 6:24am On Jun 06, 2015
How can someone believe Amaechi only based on party lines? I pity Nigerian hypocrisy.

Common sense would tell even a child that Amaechi's pictures are not recent pictures.

When did he have access to the government house to take recent pictures when he was not even there at inauguration?

Amaechi should be probed and made to face the law if found guilty.

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by kazmanbanjoko(m): 6:28am On Jun 06, 2015
Amaechi is a political gangster from childhood.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by modath(f): 6:36am On Jun 06, 2015
Amaechi is no saint but wike lost the plot to drag him in the mud when he accused "THE AMAECHIS" of carting away curtains and used kitchen utensils!!

Cars,generators, no argument but used pots & plates ? Haba!! Political difference & rivalry is ok, an obsessive desire to destroy someone ends up consuming the harbinger!!

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by Tolexander: 6:39am On Jun 06, 2015
Brokenbars:
I dont trust both of them. Looting actually took place but who championed it is d mystery. im watching as d scenes play out
both of them are silly goats!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by Humorclux: 6:45am On Jun 06, 2015
The wedding ceremony Shekau, is going down : Read more @ www.humorclux.ml/featured/this-is-how-shakaus-marriage-gon-be/
Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by MizMyColi(f): 7:01am On Jun 06, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Amaechi is a liar!... These are before-the-looting pictures.

Apparently!!
The man should stop insulting our sensibilities joor.

Hiohiohiohiohiocheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by ElDeeVee(m): 7:17am On Jun 06, 2015
MizMyColi:

Apparently!!
The man should stop insulting our sensibilities joor.

Hiohiohiohiohiocheesy
Funny that u trust Wike....ANY of dem could be lying

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by MizMyColi(f): 7:20am On Jun 06, 2015
ElDeeVee:

Funny that u trust Wike....ANY of dem could be lying

Check my past posts on this issue.
I really don't subscribe to what's going on in River's state, but for Amaechi to post this picture as his own version of truth?
And calling the video evidence fraudulent?gringringrin

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by Trailblazer1(m): 7:24am On Jun 06, 2015
undecided
Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by seunlayi(m): 7:27am On Jun 06, 2015
and who is 3rd liar now?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by Emade(m): 7:31am On Jun 06, 2015
Is high time gov wike focus on y he was voted than trying to cause more problem

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 7:31am On Jun 06, 2015
am coming
Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by ElDeeVee(m): 7:43am On Jun 06, 2015
MizMyColi:

Check my past posts on this issue.
I really don't subscribe to what's going on in River's state, but for Amaechi to post this picture as his own version of truth?
And calling the video evidence fraudulent?gringringrin
I understand you dear, all I'm saying is Amaechi could be right and he could also be wrong, same with Wike....I don't trust any of them but if I'm compelled to trust either of them on this issue, I can still trust Amaechi because the Wike I know is definitely on a witch hunt
Danke

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by MizMyColi(f): 7:47am On Jun 06, 2015
ElDeeVee:

I understand you dear, all I'm saying is Amaechi could be right and he could also be wrong, same with Wike....I don't trust any of them but if I'm compelled to trust either of them on this issue, I can still trust Amaechi because the Wike I know is definitely on a witch hunt
Danke

Lols
My dear, just leave matter for matthaias.

Wike might be untrustworthy...
But Amaechi? Amaechi?

Better I reserve my commentsmiley

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by focus7: 7:48am On Jun 06, 2015
Some of the factors that caused the downfall of PDP are animosity, lies and hateful propagandan is unfortunate that is on the same that Wike is laying the foundation of his government instead of him facing governance, I can already predict a falling government.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by ElDeeVee(m): 7:52am On Jun 06, 2015
MizMyColi:

Lols
My dear, just leave matter for matthaias.

Wike might be untrustworthy...
But Amaechi? Amaechi?

Better I reserve my commentsmiley

Lols nothing do Amaechi jor
Fear Wike
Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by MizMyColi(f): 7:53am On Jun 06, 2015
ElDeeVee:

Lols nothing do Amaechi jor
Fear Wike

I fear no one cool
Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by Tittos: 8:00am On Jun 06, 2015
The picture he released may be before the looting took place and may not be in same rooms that the were looted. Without bias Wike conducted journalists round the government house and they saw things for themselves. I think that's more convincing.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by Shortyy(f): 8:13am On Jun 06, 2015
jokers
Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by ElDeeVee(m): 8:27am On Jun 06, 2015
MizMyColi:

I fear no one cool
Yinmu grin
Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by MizMyColi(f): 8:28am On Jun 06, 2015
ElDeeVee:

Yinmu grin

Fact cool
Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by jackymfon: 8:34am On Jun 06, 2015
When Ameachi refused to do an effective handing over, what do you expect?you thought you were doing rivers people now your name will be tarnished because you have been labelled a thief and pictures your took months or years ago can't vindicate you..

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by M0GIDI: 9:14am On Jun 06, 2015
Wike posted a video showing the looting, this is damage limitation by Amaechi.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by condralbede(m): 9:15am On Jun 06, 2015
Amaechi shld go and die.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos by hotgunz(m): 9:15am On Jun 06, 2015
Then let the court visit the place and see for there sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Fayose Spotted Frying Garri In Ikole, Ekiti (Photos) / #NoMoreBloodShed: DSS Invites Zainab Ahmed Over Protests Against Killings / Tinubu Calls Dolapo Osinbajo ‘Wife Of The President’ (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.