Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Is Menstrual Flow Barely A Month After Delivery Normal? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Menstrual Flow Barely A Month After Delivery Normal? (2403 Views)

Lady Dies One Month After Her Wedding. Photos / Lady Who Died After Delivery Of Triplets Buried Amidst Tears In Edo (Photos) / 8-Month Pregnant Woman Dies One Month After Her Wedding (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Menstrual Flow Barely A Month After Delivery Normal? by inemani: 6:37am On Jun 06, 2015
Doctors and mummies in the house, I am disturbed. I put to bed towards the end of April. The postnatal blood stopped and I was basking in the euphoria of going padless, but to my greatest surprise and I must add dismay, blood started coming out again just after 5 days of break! How I got to know or rather, believe it's menses is that it flows just like my menses used to, unlike the postpartum blood. Pls is this normal?

N/B: This is my second baby, it wasn't like this with my
first baby
Re: Is Menstrual Flow Barely A Month After Delivery Normal? by bist: 6:39am On Jun 06, 2015
Noted!
Re: Is Menstrual Flow Barely A Month After Delivery Normal? by Nobody: 6:40am On Jun 06, 2015
Yes. Its normal, but very rare.
It depends on the hormonal interplay vis a vis the estrogen, progesterone, LH, FSH, etc.
Ideally, it takes a few months for menses to resume after delivery. But i have seen one or two of these rare cases in the course of my medical practice.
And if you experience that, you will necessarily need to see your doctor for proper evaluation.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Menstrual Flow Barely A Month After Delivery Normal? by kelvyn7: 6:42am On Jun 06, 2015
Very normal

Infact, the reason u haven't been having it for abt 9months is because u were pregnant.
Re: Is Menstrual Flow Barely A Month After Delivery Normal? by Godfullsam(m): 6:45am On Jun 06, 2015
Doctors and mummies in the house, over to you..
Re: Is Menstrual Flow Barely A Month After Delivery Normal? by Nobody: 6:53am On Jun 06, 2015
nop its 10,000 bc
Re: Is Menstrual Flow Barely A Month After Delivery Normal? by blank(f): 7:12am On Jun 06, 2015
Normal. It was same for me with my 2 babies. Before my 6weeks evaluation, i was back to my periods for the two occasions.

2 Likes

Re: Is Menstrual Flow Barely A Month After Delivery Normal? by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 06, 2015
inemani:
Doctors and mummies in the house, I am disturbed. I put to bed towards the end of April. The postnatal blood stopped and I was basking in the euphoria of going padless, but to my greatest surprise and I must add dismay, blood started coming out again just after 5 days of break! How I got to know or rather, believe it's menses is that it flows just like my menses used to, unlike the postpartum blood. Pls is this normal?

N/B: This is my second baby, it wasn't like this with my
first baby

Are you nursing?
For most nursing mothers, menstruation is stalled for months sometimes a full year and non nursing mothers will be after some several weeks
Never heard of 5 days
Please go to your OB immediately
This doesn't sound normal
Looks to me like you are hemorrhaging

1 Like

Re: Is Menstrual Flow Barely A Month After Delivery Normal? by inemani: 7:51am On Jun 06, 2015
Babymama1:

Are you nursing?
For most nursing mothers, menstruation is stalled for months sometimes a full year and non nursing mothers will be after some several weeks
Never heard of 5 days
Am nursing, as a matter of fact, thruout the nursing pperiod of my first baby I was menstruating
Re: Is Menstrual Flow Barely A Month After Delivery Normal? by inemani: 7:59am On Jun 06, 2015
blank:
Normal. It was same for me with my 2 babies. Before my 6weeks evaluation, i was back to my periods for the two occasions.
Thanks a lot for this
Re: Is Menstrual Flow Barely A Month After Delivery Normal? by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 06, 2015
blank:

After 5 days ?
Re: Is Menstrual Flow Barely A Month After Delivery Normal? by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 06, 2015
inemani:

Am nursing, as a matter of fact, thruout the nursing pperiod of my first baby I was menstruating

Go and see a doctor and get checked out please
Nobody can make a diagnosis without examining you

2 Likes

Re: Is Menstrual Flow Barely A Month After Delivery Normal? by inemani: 8:15am On Jun 06, 2015
Silvofitz:
It depends on the hormonal interplay vis a vis the estrogen, progesterone, LH, FSH, etc.
Ideally, it takes a few months for menses to resume after delivery. But i have seen one or two of these rare cases in the course of my medical practice.
And if you experience that, you will necessarily need to see your doctor for proper evaluation.
Thanks doc!
Re: Is Menstrual Flow Barely A Month After Delivery Normal? by blank(f): 8:39am On Jun 06, 2015
Babymama1:

After 5 days ?

She said 5 days break between lochia and her period. Not 5 days after putting to bed.

For me, the first one gave me 6 days break while the 2nd gave me 3 days break but i was ready for it then.

I did exclusive for 4months each time.
Re: Is Menstrual Flow Barely A Month After Delivery Normal? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 06, 2015
blank:

She said 5 days break between lochia and her period. Not 5 days after putting to bed.

For me, the first one gave me 6 days break while the 2nd gave me 3 days break but i was ready for it then.

I did exclusive for 4months each time.

Yes I read that
Wow
6 and 3 days shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is Menstrual Flow Barely A Month After Delivery Normal? by Ewuro4: 3:07pm On Jun 06, 2015
Sounds normal to me. But see your obgyn to clear up any doubts & conserns.

Women should stop coming to NL for health questions. See your doc pls.
Re: Is Menstrual Flow Barely A Month After Delivery Normal? by Moana(f): 3:12pm On Jun 06, 2015
Just go and see your doctor to make sure all is well
Re: Is Menstrual Flow Barely A Month After Delivery Normal? by Ralphlauren(m): 3:51pm On Jun 06, 2015
Babymama1:

Yes I read that
Wow
6 and 3 days shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin grin

See how you are embarrassing yourself and 'opening eye' here.

You know zilch about any medical condition grin

Doctor nursing assistant hoesisi grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Menstrual Flow Barely A Month After Delivery Normal? by Ralphlauren(m): 3:53pm On Jun 06, 2015
Babymama1:

Are you nursing?
Never heard of 5 days

Afi haemorrhaging grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Menstrual Flow Barely A Month After Delivery Normal? by Ralphlauren(m): 3:56pm On Jun 06, 2015
Silvofitz:

Now this is someone that knows his onions talking.

Not someone with a 'fictitious' nairaland medical career like hoesisi grin grin

**moonwalks out of thread** grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Husband Is Ashamed Of Me But I Got What I Wanted / I Have A 42 Inch TV For Quick Sale / The Male Child Vs The Female Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.