Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,960 members, 7,806,779 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Nigerian House Reps Plan Data Base For Nigerians In The Diaspora - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian House Reps Plan Data Base For Nigerians In The Diaspora (843 Views)

Buhari Arriving At The Waterkloof Airforce Base For AU Summit (photos) / Video: Nigerian House Of Rep Member Defending Pay, Says He Is Not Payed Enough / 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian House Reps Plan Data Base For Nigerians In The Diaspora by Fhemmmy: 6:03pm On Feb 18, 2009
T HE House of Representatives Committee on the Diaspora on Tuesday set for itself the task of building a data base for the estimated eight million Nigerians living outside the shores of the country.
They are said to remit about N18bn annually as contribution to the development of the economy back home.

The Speaker of the House, Mr. Dimeji Bankole, inaugurated the committee, one of the 12 newly-created, in Abuja and specifically said that of great concern to the legislature was how to protect the dignity of Nigerians in the Diaspora.

The Chairman of the committee, Mrs. Abike DabiriErewa, explained that the data base would identify Nigerians in various professional disciplines and skills outside the country with a view to engaging them.

Please, share your view.
I think it has is ups and there would be some downs.
Currently, i am not sure if there is a database in Nigeria of even people that reside in Nigeria.
Is this another way for this people to build a database for 8M people that they will claim cost $800M USD. share your view.
Re: Nigerian House Reps Plan Data Base For Nigerians In The Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 6:06pm On Feb 18, 2009
HHmm,   So, what are the guarantees that the record will not used to target and seek out those who post or say anything against those currently in government? The cynic in me wonders if this will not become a TARGET/hit list of some sort. roflmao!!
Re: Nigerian House Reps Plan Data Base For Nigerians In The Diaspora by Fhemmmy: 6:37pm On Feb 18, 2009
My brother, i wonder too oh, and i am sure if not because foreign nations where these people are sending the money from is keeping record, no one will know how much is coming into the economy.
Besides, knowing Nigerians, how much is declared at the port of entry when visiting.
Re: Nigerian House Reps Plan Data Base For Nigerians In The Diaspora by Nobody: 4:05am On Feb 19, 2009
Does it mean that the diasporans are more important than 140 million faceless nigerians living at home or is it another already failed ploy to track down Kobojunkie and the B.O.S.S? tongue
Re: Nigerian House Reps Plan Data Base For Nigerians In The Diaspora by kosovo(m): 4:11am On Feb 19, 2009
when we dont have a data base at home yet.
well its was expected, when every one is the houe are RAMS.
Re: Nigerian House Reps Plan Data Base For Nigerians In The Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 4:40am On Feb 19, 2009
nuzo:

Does it mean that the diasporans are more important than 140 million faceless nigerians living at home or[b] is it another already failed ploy to track down Kobojunkie and the B.O.S.S? tongue[/b]

Ol' boy, make you no dey frighten person with that kind talk now! roflmao!!!
Re: Nigerian House Reps Plan Data Base For Nigerians In The Diaspora by Reese1: 5:54am On Feb 19, 2009
The Speaker of the House, Mr. Dimeji Bankole, inaugurated the committee, one of the 12 newly-created, in Abuja and specifically said that of great concern to the legislature was how to protect the dignity of Nigerians in the Diaspora.

Oh, so it's the dignity of the Nigerians in the diaspora that needs protecting?

What about the dignity of the people getting screwed over everyday right there in Nigeria?

Which Nigerians in diaspora sent these fools message that their dignity needs protecting?
Re: Nigerian House Reps Plan Data Base For Nigerians In The Diaspora by Fhemmmy: 2:42pm On Feb 19, 2009
Now lemme tell yu what i think.
i think they wanna track the Nigerians abroad, so that they can know who to use as mule to launder money for them, cos they will know can handle big money like they steal, who are they fooling?
Re: Nigerian House Reps Plan Data Base For Nigerians In The Diaspora by Gamine(f): 3:17pm On Feb 19, 2009
I was wondering when this would come up.

Why should there be a committee on Diaspora in the first place. .

And i know the chairperson of the committee, how did she get there sef

The first thing they knew how to do, is buy brand new Jeeps for committee members

while their minions wait to collect Diplomatic travel time.

I am optimist, i truly am, i see the glass half full, full of poison.
Re: Nigerian House Reps Plan Data Base For Nigerians In The Diaspora by BOSS7: 3:55pm On Feb 19, 2009
nuzo:

Does it mean that the diasporans are more important than 140 million faceless nigerians living at home or is it another already failed ploy to track down Kobojunkie and the B.O.S.S? tongue

Oh boy, if they come to me with one database, I go fear for my life o. In fact they'll definitely try and locate you (Nuzo) and Kobojunkie and make you pay for all the criticisms you've uttered towards the govt.
cheesy

But on the serious note, that's going to be very very difficult as there're millions of Nigerians abroad who though live illegally and still don't consider Nigeria as their country. That project go dey very very hard to deploy.
Re: Nigerian House Reps Plan Data Base For Nigerians In The Diaspora by debosky(m): 4:00pm On Feb 19, 2009
nuzo:

As long as they capture becomerrich and lock him up in a cell without internet connection so he stops torturing nairaland with his infernal satellite images, then I don't mind who else goes along with him. grin

Database in this case = contracts + frivolous trips abroad.

Will Kobojunkie be willing to help out on this contract? I think her expertise (in databases not in looting grin) would be useful. That is, of course, if they have a people-oriented view.

There is already the Nigerians In Diaspora Organisation (NIDO), Igbo, Yoruba and other sectional groups located abroad. why not work with them to utilise the informal systems already in place?

In fact, OBJ's government did something with the previous NIDO executive, even ending up with some diaspora village proposed.
Re: Nigerian House Reps Plan Data Base For Nigerians In The Diaspora by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 19, 2009
debosky:

As long as they capture becomerrich and lock him up in a cell without internet connection so he stops torturing nairaland with his infernal satellite images, then I don't mind who else goes along with him. grin

if the chaps at google knew how remian barmy has turned google earth into a weapon of mass spamstruction . . .
Re: Nigerian House Reps Plan Data Base For Nigerians In The Diaspora by saintneo(m): 5:09pm On Feb 19, 2009
[size=18pt]sorry guys, i cnt read through all d posts. I'll simply reply the topic, 'cos I'm very hungry.

Why dont they start with us here at home.
[/size]
Re: Nigerian House Reps Plan Data Base For Nigerians In The Diaspora by tpia: 5:18pm On Feb 19, 2009
Re: Nigerian House Reps Plan Data Base For Nigerians In The Diaspora by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 19, 2009
B.O.S.S.:

Oh boy, if they come to me with one database, I go fear for my life o. In fact they'll definitely try and locate you (Nuzo) and Kobojunkie and make you pay for all the criticisms you've uttered towards the govt.
cheesy

But on the serious note, that's going to be very very difficult as there're millions of Nigerians abroad who though live illegally and still don't consider Nigeria as their country. That project go dey very very hard to deploy.

Why fear for your life? Shebi we want change? Or, does it mean you are no different from the typical nigerians you have been constructively criticizing?
As for me, I will match the establishment head to head live in nigeria soon.

Are you with me? If not, will you watch my back by shouting to the roof tops when am incarcerated? undecided

debosky:

As long as they capture becomerrich and lock him up in a cell without internet connection so he stops torturing nairaland with his infernal satellite images, then I don't mind who else goes along with him.  grin

Database in this case = contracts + frivolous trips abroad.

Will Kobojunkie be willing to help out on this contract? I think her expertise (in databases not in looting  grin) would be useful. That is, of course, if they have a people-oriented view.

There is already the Nigerians In Diaspora Organisation (NIDO), Igbo, Yoruba and other sectional groups located abroad. why not work with them to utilise the informal systems already in place?

In fact, OBJ's government did something with the previous NIDO executive, even ending up with some diaspora village proposed.

Good question. Will Kobo be willing to strike a deal with the government like Abati?

saintneo:

sorry guys, i cnt read through all d posts. I'll simply reply the topic, 'cos I'm very hungry.

Why dont they start with us here at home.

Why dont you walk up and ask them, the government is nearer to you there.
Re: Nigerian House Reps Plan Data Base For Nigerians In The Diaspora by Fhemmmy: 5:25pm On Feb 19, 2009
I just would like to see how much they will allocate to build such database.
when there is no database for Nigerian driver on Nigerian roads,
There is no database for business, nigeria still run everything on papers, and yet they care so much about Nigerians abraod and wanna create a database to make sure they are fairly treated, useless govt.
No wonder Fela said, Animal don open mouth again.
Re: Nigerian House Reps Plan Data Base For Nigerians In The Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 5:35pm On Feb 19, 2009
nuzo:

Why fear for your life? Shebi we want change? Or, does it mean you are no different from the typical nigerians you have been constructively criticizing?

It is one thing to want change and do your part in all to see it happen, and another not to fear for your life. I have said it over and over, I fear the people of Nigeria more than I fear the government. Na the same people wey you dey try help go turn JUDAS on you. FEAR THEM OOO!!!!

nuzo:

As for me, I will match the establishment head to head live in nigeria soon.

Wrong move!! If you are not sure the people are really ready for change, you might end up dead and these same will come tell you say you died for nothing since your ghost did not rise up to continue the work. lol

nuzo:

Good question. Will Kobo be willing to strike a deal with the government like Abati?
I would not even submit my information to such a database. These idiots will turn that thing into a hit list of some kind. Considering the way things go down there, I fear that will likely be an issue we will eventually be confronted with if this happens. They have yet to log the names of all Nigerians living in Nigeria but they choose to go after those who are not? Can you say BEWARE?
Re: Nigerian House Reps Plan Data Base For Nigerians In The Diaspora by Fhemmmy: 5:40pm On Feb 19, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I would not even submit my information to such a database. These idiots will turn that thing into a hit list of some kind. Considering the way things go down there, I fear that will likely be an issue we will eventually be confronted with if this happens. They have yet to log the names of all Nigerians living in Nigeria but they choose to go after those who are not? Can you say BEWARE?

this is all cos the people residing in nigeria are second class citizen according to the useless govt that we have.
Re: Nigerian House Reps Plan Data Base For Nigerians In The Diaspora by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 19, 2009
Kobojunkie:

It is one thing to want change and do your part in all to see it happen, and another not to fear for your life. I have said it over and over, I fear the people of Nigeria more than I fear the government. Na the same people wey you dey try help go turn JUDAS on you. FEAR THEM OOO!!!!

Wrong move!! If you are not sure the people are really ready for change, you might end up dead and these same will come tell you say you died for nothing since your ghost did not rise up to continue the work. lol

Thanks for your advice.
However, I have made up my mind and not even my parents who have been begging me to let go of such idea can stop me.
Maybe, I will be your Rosa parks/MLKJ, just maybe. undecided
Re: Nigerian House Reps Plan Data Base For Nigerians In The Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 5:49pm On Feb 19, 2009
nuzo:

Thanks for your advice.
However, I have made up my mind and not even my parents who have been begging me to let go of such idea can stop me.
Maybe, I will be your Rosa parks/MLKJ, just maybe. undecided

Roflmao!!! If Rosa Parks had stood up in Nigeria, I am guessing the people would have watched the cops beat her to death, as they watched you getting man-handled by LATSMA members back three years ago! ROFLMAO!!!

Jokes to the side, if you believe you can help best by being on ground there, go for it.
Re: Nigerian House Reps Plan Data Base For Nigerians In The Diaspora by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 19, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Roflmao!!! If Rosa Parks had stood up in Nigeria, I am guessing the people would have watched the cops beat her to death, as they watched you getting man-handled by LATSMA members back three years ago! ROFLMAO!!!

Jokes to the side, if you believe you can help best by being on ground there, go for it.

Thanks for the encouragement.
As for the LATSMA incident, I thought they were robbers. tongue
Re: Nigerian House Reps Plan Data Base For Nigerians In The Diaspora by debosky(m): 11:46pm On Feb 19, 2009
nuzo:

Thanks for the encouragement.
As for the LATSMA incident, I thought they were robbers. tongue
Na so everybody dey talk. grin grin

'I thought there were 5 big boys', but na just one boy slap your face. grin grin

Bankole should get down to making a real impact on governance in Nigeria and stop forming committees and spending each day reeling out another mind numbing figure of how much has been stolen.

(1) (Reply)

2011: Atiku As Messiah For Nigeria’s System Collapse / Excess Crude Fund: Cbn Pays $2bn To Fg, States, Lgs - Rivers Receives $108.696m / William Jefferson Gets 13 Years In Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.