Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

About Men, Cheating And Family - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / About Men, Cheating And Family (3430 Views)

Man Catches His Wife Cheating And Exposes Her (Photos) / My Husband Is/was Cheating And I Am At Point Of Cheating On Him / The Cheating And Lying Husband: Power Prayer Points For The Wife. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Men, Cheating And Family by Mynd44: 2:38pm On Jun 06, 2015
Moana:
you know im from Edo state and we cant help but resolve all issues with Olukun, so its okay you can try am grin
You have Olukun, I have the trio of Sopona, Sango and Ogun behind me.

Now come here lets make beautiful Moan-a together
Re: About Men, Cheating And Family by freecocoa(f): 2:42pm On Jun 06, 2015
Yesterday it was "most men cheat" today it is, "most men don't cheat" you people should make up your minds.

5 Likes

Re: About Men, Cheating And Family by crackhaus: 4:10pm On Jun 06, 2015
delishpot:

Yes 9.9 out of 10 men will cheat and yes my mom was cheated on. And 100% of men I know have cheated on their wives and babes even if it was only once in their life time. Fact is they cheated. The remaining .1 % did not cheat for religious or personal reasons.
Now your earlier comment is quite understandable - it doesn't mean you were right though, it just means you're biased.

Cc: dBard
Re: About Men, Cheating And Family by crackhaus: 4:12pm On Jun 06, 2015
TooNoisy:

So if 99 percent of 9ja men cheat? Who do these men cheat with? If a man sleeps with a woman, why is it that only the man is accused of cheating. I am a woman but I wouldn't make excuses for fellow women. Our society is full of immortality. For every man cheating, there is a woman cheating.

If a girl slept with a married man while she was young, or double/triple dated in her twenties, she has no right to complain about a cheating husband! She is just at the receiving end of her own game!
Lol, I agree totally...
Re: About Men, Cheating And Family by dBard: 5:05pm On Jun 06, 2015
crackhaus:

Now your earlier comment is quite understandable - it doesn't mean you were right though, it just means you're biased.

I think it's a matter of perspective or what we choose to see.
The issue here is marriage not general relationships
Someone that has already bin 'sensitized' due to a prior infidelity will tend to notice more of infidelities in oda relationships
'To a hammer everything appears as a nail' is a saying that aptly applies here
This is a tad simplistic but at least I hope u get the point

...also, maybe she should change her circle of friends to help her outlook (no offense)
Cc:delishpot
Re: About Men, Cheating And Family by dBard: 5:09pm On Jun 06, 2015
freecocoa:
Yesterday it was "most men cheat" today it is, "most men don't cheat" you people should make up your minds.

The notion that most or like someone said 99% of men cheat is the issue here..
Making it seem like its an expected albeit inevitable norm is wat is bin corrected here (or trying to)
Re: About Men, Cheating And Family by SAMBARRY: 5:56pm On Jun 06, 2015
dBard:

Yea..l know..
But the truths gotbto be said.
for the second time I agree with all your points 100 percent. You explained every thing in a calm objective and pragmatic manner like a gentle man . how's your wife anyway?

2 Likes

Re: About Men, Cheating And Family by delishpot: 11:27pm On Jun 06, 2015
crackhaus:

If you say so.
Re: About Men, Cheating And Family by delishpot: 11:28pm On Jun 06, 2015
dBard:

I think it's a matter of perspective or what we choose to see.
The issue here is marriage not general relationships
Someone that has already bin 'sensitized' due to a prior infidelity will tend to notice more of infidelities in oda relationships
'To a hammer everything appears as a nail' is a saying that aptly applies here
This is a tad simplistic but at least I hope u get the point

...also, maybe she should change her circle of friends to help her outlook (no offense)
Cc:delishpot

No offense taken cool
Re: About Men, Cheating And Family by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jun 06, 2015
freecocoa:

The opinion varies depending on the thread
Sometimes men are not wired to be monogamous and will cheat,,sometimes they don't

1 Like

Re: About Men, Cheating And Family by dinachi(m): 12:17am On Jun 07, 2015
Who do men cheat with? Other wives, fiancees and girlfriends of other men. In other words ,women! A beg @ Too noisy your head dey there jor! You too make sense. If most men cheat,then most women cheat as well because the men in question sleep with women!
Re: About Men, Cheating And Family by dBard: 8:42am On Jun 07, 2015
Babymama1:

The opinion varies depending on the thread
Sometimes men are not wired to be monogamous and will cheat,,sometimes they don't

The 'wiring' is a fallacy.
People make choices based on their upbringing and circumstances.

Do you believe women are also wired in a certain way

P.S, is babymama and babyosisi one and the same?

2 Likes

Re: About Men, Cheating And Family by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 07, 2015
dBard:

The 'wiring' is a fallacy.
People make choices based on their upbringing and circumstances.

Do you believe women are also wired in a certain way

P.S, is babymama and babyosisi one and the same?

Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you
Re: About Men, Cheating And Family by dBard: 1:47pm On Jun 07, 2015
Babymama1:

Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you

only to those who work in the spirit..lol

1 Like

Re: About Men, Cheating And Family by jashar(f): 3:07pm On Jun 07, 2015
dBard:
Obviously, this thread was created in response to some threads that has been making the rounds here concerning guys fidelity in marriage and lowered expectations and family.
First of all, the family is the primary social unit of the society and as such happiness on the home front Shouldn't be compromised.
Happiness in the home IS a consequence of our choices..choices primarily of our marriage/life partners, the choices of the kind of family we're getting into, external influences (friends, counselors etc) and personal choices.
Choices should always be made keeping in mind future outcomes... you meet a guy/girl who's unstable, promiscous, undisciplined and u end up with the person as the choicemof your life partner, wat do u expect in the future
Personal experience, I got a friend who slept with a girl on his marriage eve, overnight. Was I surprised? No..cos he had a long history of such behavior of which his long time, long suffering wife was/ is aware of. Will I take her serious if I see her complaining tomorrow, obviously NOT.
You can't make the wrong choice of a life partner and expect a happy home, same way you can't lay the wrong foundation and try to build a skyscraper #synagoguechurch
You marry for the wrong reason or you make the wrong choices then it becomes Your bed to lie on Not the norm.

Do guys cheat? Yes..
Do Most/All guys cheat??......NO!
I honestly don't know where that assertion came from.
Guys are generally sexual, but they are also reckless, egotistical but also largely responsible.
Do guys fantasize about sex..yes, a lot.... but they do that the same way they fantasize about being able to do Jackie chan stunts or being as agile and dangerous as Jason Statham, But u don't see them facing off armed individuals or leaping off the face of tall buildings do you

Fantasy doesn't necessarily equate to reality (p.s...impure thoughts weaken the resolve and shouldn't be indulged)
A guy that loves his wife will find it Really difficult to cheat on her.
Cheating ain't easy and a lot of people will rather not make the effort except it comes on a platter of gold and even then half the no will still probably reject.
There are a Whole lot of fellows who've been married for a while, faithful to themselves, their spouses amd their God but for some reason, people don't get to hear about these, rather it's the 'tales of woes ' that gets 'glorified'.
Its largely immature guys that gets led by their penis. Most marriageable fellows have already attained that discipline to a large extent and those that haven't can easily be spotted out IF u care to look.

P.s..if ur husband is faithful, step up and celebrate him to counter the negative propaganda.

I also read on a thread where ladies were advised to lower their expectations in order to be happy..
Question is...does the expectation of an event make the pain less bearable
Does it make it easier to deal with
I don't think so...trauma is trauma and no matter how desensitized u try to make yourselves, it WILL still leave a scar.
Also, wat moral right do you actually have to condemn the fellow when by your expectations you've given him the 'right' to misbehave.
Will you as a mother, lower your expectations of your children because of stories that abound of children that are bad?

Your expectations will/should hold ur spouse to task...be a reminder of his/her obligation to you.

Cheating shouldn't be tolerated and this should be made very clear to your spouse and any risky behavior (innocently or not) be nipped in d bud early enough....

Some guys cheat, some don't ...for every story of an unfaithful husband/spouse, there's Always another of a Faithful one.
The good is as plentiful as the bad, but unfortunately people never pay as much significance to light as they do to darkness.

Final note, someone once said..' advice maybe likened to metal, picked from the garbage of the persons experiences, gilded over (painted with gold) and sold for far more than it is worth'
Wise words we should always bear in mind

Peace..

OP. You're blessed. This is a very wonderful write -up.
99 likes for you.cheesy
It's refreshing to know that some people still reason like this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Men, Cheating And Family by dBard: 7:06pm On Jun 07, 2015
jashar:

OP. You're blessed. This is a very wonderful write -up.
99 likes for you.cheesy
It's refreshing to know that some people still reason like this.

Thanks.
Was just tired of the misconceptions especially after reading the thread by Amya.

all a matter of views/opinions sha.

2 Likes

Re: About Men, Cheating And Family by delishpot: 7:30am On Jun 08, 2015
Mynd44:

His backside grin

Haha, I nor dey s.hit sauce o. grin
Re: About Men, Cheating And Family by HizMissy(f): 5:42pm On Jun 08, 2015
I don't believe 99% of men cheat, but an awful lot of them do. Worst part is they rationalize it and say they don't want to eat one soup for d rest of their lives.
Re: About Men, Cheating And Family by dBard: 6:28pm On Jun 08, 2015
HizMissy:
I don't believe 99% of men cheat, but an awful lot of them do. Worst part is they rationalize it and say they don't want to eat one soup for d rest of their lives.

Granted guys cheat..but the issue here is in committed relationships/marriage and in such relationships, statistics over the years show the numbers have bin rising but still well below 40%.

In 'general' relationships, agreed, the numbers are much higher 60-70% f guys as against 50-60% f d females.

Anyone that Justifies cheating is a tout and u had best dump his ass

3 Likes

Re: About Men, Cheating And Family by raumdeuter: 7:04pm On Jun 08, 2015
dBard:

Granted guys cheat..but the issue here is in committed relationships/marriage and in such relationships, statistics over the years show the numbers have bin rising but still well below 40%.
You know its only those caught that would own up and get added to the stats.

Using America as an example, you know Newt Gingrich the Speaker who impeached Clinton for cheating was later found to be cheating on his own wife at the same time he was impeaching Clinton?

Like they said Na who dem catch be thief
Re: About Men, Cheating And Family by dBard: 7:56pm On Jun 08, 2015
raumdeuter:

You know its only those caught that would own up and get added to the stats.

Using America as an example, you know Newt Gingrich the Speaker who impeached Clinton for cheating was later found to be cheating on his own wife at the same time he was impeaching Clinton?

Like they said Na who dem catch be thief

It's anonymous,so why would ppl lie
plus am sure those possibilities are factored in..

lol@who dem catch be thief
Re: About Men, Cheating And Family by Nobody: 1:25am On Jun 09, 2015
Family section! Depressing much?

1 Like

Re: About Men, Cheating And Family by cococandy(f): 2:12am On Jun 09, 2015
I don't even know why I saw this thread too late.
I'm glad a guy is saying this.

Keep it up
dBard:
Obviously, this thread was created in response to some threads that has been making the rounds here concerning guys fidelity in marriage and lowered expectations and family.
First of all, the family is the primary social unit of the society and as such happiness on the home front Shouldn't be compromised.
Happiness in the home IS a consequence of our choices..choices primarily of our marriage/life partners, the choices of the kind of family we're getting into, external influences (friends, counselors etc) and personal choices.
Choices should always be made keeping in mind future outcomes... you meet a guy/girl who's unstable, promiscous, undisciplined and u end up with the person as the choicemof your life partner, wat do u expect in the future
Personal experience, I got a friend who slept with a girl on his marriage eve, overnight. Was I surprised? No..cos he had a long history of such behavior of which his long time, long suffering wife was/ is aware of. Will I take her serious if I see her complaining tomorrow, obviously NOT.
You can't make the wrong choice of a life partner and expect a happy home, same way you can't lay the wrong foundation and try to build a skyscraper #synagoguechurch
You marry for the wrong reason or you make the wrong choices then it becomes Your bed to lie on Not the norm.

Do guys cheat? Yes..
Do Most/All guys cheat??......NO!
I honestly don't know where that assertion came from.
Guys are generally sexual, but they are also reckless, egotistical but also largely responsible.
Do guys fantasize about sex..yes, a lot.... but they do that the same way they fantasize about being able to do Jackie chan stunts or being as agile and dangerous as Jason Statham, But u don't see them facing off armed individuals or leaping off the face of tall buildings do you

Fantasy doesn't necessarily equate to reality (p.s...impure thoughts weaken the resolve and shouldn't be indulged)
A guy that loves his wife will find it Really difficult to cheat on her.
Cheating ain't easy and a lot of people will rather not make the effort except it comes on a platter of gold and even then half the no will still probably reject.
There are a Whole lot of fellows who've been married for a while, faithful to themselves, their spouses amd their God but for some reason, people don't get to hear about these, rather it's the 'tales of woes ' that gets 'glorified'.
Its largely immature guys that gets led by their penis. Most marriageable fellows have already attained that discipline to a large extent and those that haven't can easily be spotted out IF u care to look.

P.s..if ur husband is faithful, step up and celebrate him to counter the negative propaganda.

I also read on a thread where ladies were advised to lower their expectations in order to be happy..
Question is...does the expectation of an event make the pain less bearable
Does it make it easier to deal with
I don't think so...trauma is trauma and no matter how desensitized u try to make yourselves, it WILL still leave a scar.
Also, wat moral right do you actually have to condemn the fellow when by your expectations you've given him the 'right' to misbehave.
Will you as a mother, lower your expectations of your children because of stories that abound of children that are bad?

Your expectations will/should hold ur spouse to task...be a reminder of his/her obligation to you.

Cheating shouldn't be tolerated and this should be made very clear to your spouse and any risky behavior (innocently or not) be nipped in d bud early enough....

Some guys cheat, some don't ...for every story of an unfaithful husband/spouse, there's Always another of a Faithful one.
The good is as plentiful as the bad, but unfortunately people never pay as much significance to light as they do to darkness.

Final note, someone once said..' advice maybe likened to metal, picked from the garbage of the persons experiences, gilded over (painted with gold) and sold for far more than it is worth'
Wise words we should always bear in mind

Peace..

cc:RoyalRoy
Re: About Men, Cheating And Family by Ewuro4: 3:29am On Jun 09, 2015
naijababe:

It's been a wonderful trend around here lately grin

cheaters here and there grin hehe hehe
Re: About Men, Cheating And Family by dBard: 6:06am On Jun 09, 2015
cococandy:
I don't even know why I saw this thread too late.
I'm glad a guy is saying this.

Keep it up

cool cool smiley

..btw nice pic. Ur prettier than I expected.
Lucky guy, d hubby grin
Re: About Men, Cheating And Family by dBard: 6:14am On Jun 09, 2015
naijababe:

Very.... grin grin
Re: About Men, Cheating And Family by cococandy(f): 7:04am On Jun 09, 2015
dBard:

cool cool smiley

..btw nice pic. Ur prettier than I expected.
Lucky guy, d hubby grin

Thanks I guess. grin

What were you expecting? You don't have to answer. Just that it sounded funny. Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Divorce Lawyer Wanted Please / My Husband Did Not Notice!! / In Deep W/ The One Who Got Away & Is Married Now & We're Having An Affair!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.