Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice (4015 Views)

Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? / Am Undergraduate And Wanna Marry. Parents Say NO!! Pls Advice / Funny Ways Couples Settle Their Quarrels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice by domwas2(m): 2:10pm On Jun 06, 2015
I have been with a couple of ladies but their is one who we both seriously want to marry each other but there is a big BUT!!!
A friend took me to an Alfa who told me I have not met my wife in all d ladies I have been with even the lady I want to marry is not serious. And this is the lady disturbing me to come & see her parents for introduction.
The problem is the nature of my work I only comes home weekends due to d distance & d salaries is not fare of which I myself not happy abt it but am managing it until I secure a better job.
She is in her final year, I always send her money but some times she compare me to her sister's boyfriend that am not doing much for her of which I hate to hear but I try my best to make her happy bcs am scared of losing her due to my love for her.
Here I am, I have not saved for marriage, my building is at lintel, & I need a new job...etc now she want me to see her parents for intro, & a new job that will make me come home daily else she will leave me...am just comfused to be precises am 34 & she is just 25

Pls help fellows, am d 1st child of 6, they all come for help & advice of which they get from me but I don't have any for me, all are married now except me & u guys knw what that means.

Everyone around me seems to be doing fine but I thought am cursed bcs I dnt seems to understand my life anymore, I have cried all night but just thought of posting this for advice & help...thanks
Re: I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice by buygala(m): 2:13pm On Jun 06, 2015
Ok

Rushing into marriage almost always entails running out of it embarassed .... Don't marry because people want you to get married.. Marry because you want to sad

About your girlfriend/intended wife.... She seems to be the kind of girl who will give you a heart attack over money matters... Dump her and move on... As per the money which you have already spent on her, be comforted because your reward is in heaven smiley.... Better you dump her now, than later having a sugar-daddying, or excessively pressurizing wife

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 06, 2015

Firstly, seeking spiritual guidance is the best thing to do.
Forget about how much u love her and assess her character so as to determine if u would be able to live the rest of your life with her.
Don't be swayed by your personal feelings in making decisions like this.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 06, 2015
Op,marriage is a very crucial aspect of life. It's not something you just delve into because you feel you should probably because everyone around you is getting married.
From everything you have said, it is obvious that you are not financially stable and financial stability is a important factor one has to consider before going into marriage.

This girl you want to marry is desperate in my opinion and she doesn't look like a good wife material. Why?
- she constantly disturbs you for money
- she tells you despite your financial situation that you are not doing enough and she doesn't seem to appreciate what you are doing.
-she is too reliant on you.

Op, I'd advise you get yourself together and find that stability in all areas of your life, especially financially, before you decided to get married.

8 Likes

Re: I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice by bellong: 3:05pm On Jun 06, 2015
domwas2:

The problem is the nature of my work I only comes home weekends due to d distance & d salaries is not fare of which I myself not happy abt it but am managing it until I secure a better job.
She is in her final year, I always send her money but some times she compare me to her sister's boyfriend that am not doing much for her of which I hate to hear but I try my best to make her happy bcs am scared of losing her due to my love for her.

Do you need any alfa or herbalist to tell you that the girl is not one to marry? What kind of love are you talking about? The love that doesn't use brain given or that doesn't know what is called logic? You are on a long thing.

Here I am, I have not saved for marriage, my building is at lintel, & I need a new job...etc now she want me to see her parents for intro, & a new job that will make me come home daily else she will leave me...am just comfused to be precises am 34 & she is just 25

She is mounting pressure on you while giving you condition and you are here lamenting? Bro, you need to grow up. You are not man enough and I think you should be concerned about developing decision making skills than thinking of marriage. You should be far away from that girl as the earth is far from the sun.

Pls help fellows, am d 1st child of 6, they all come for help & advice of which they get from me but I don't have any for me, all are married now except me & u guys knw what that means.

This has nothing to do with anything.

Everyone around me seems to be doing fine but I thought am cursed bcs I dnt seems to understand my life anymore, I have cried all night but just thought of posting this for advice & help...thanks

A man with no slippers was complaining and wanted to commit suicide but he saw a man without legs rejoicing for the gift of life. Your case that you think is bad, is what some people are praying to attain. At least you have an uncompleted building to your name which is a capital asset. Some don't even have a room to sleep.
Be grateful bro, it is not totally bad for you.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 06, 2015
the only advice I have for u is,
stop visiting Alfas!

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice by Moana(f): 3:26pm On Jun 06, 2015
First of all you need a woman who will understand her role as a wife. She has to love, respect and support her husband.

You shouldnt be making compromises like getting a new job that is convenient for her when she is even dependant on you. A woman who is not supportive can become a problem in the long run. There is no guarantee you will get a new job that is convinient for her neither is there guarantee that she will be working after graduation and bringing something to the table too.

If she is comparing you to her sister's boyfriend she can as well go date him together with her sister. A woman should be able to appreciate every little thing anyone does for her, not demand for more as if she is entitled to it.

As for meeting her parents, remember this has to be something you are ready for. Dont be rushed or pressured into it. If you truly feel you are ready for it then go for it.

All i can advise you is pump the breaks, wait until she understands that money doesnt grow on trees and jobs dont fall from the sky. Focus more on building yourself and securing your future.

Before you think of marrying someone just makes sure she sees your vision and she supports you in achieving it. Someone who remains loyal to you even if it means being apart for sometime because of work. A person who aprreicates everything you do for her no matter how small it is. Someone who only seeks to see the best in you not someone who makes you feel inadequate by comparing you to other people.

Only make compromises that will benefit you both not compromises that are only convinient for the other person.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jun 06, 2015
domwas2:
I have been with a couple of ladies but their is one who we both seriously want to marry each other but there is a big BUT!!!
A friend took me to an Alfa who told me I have not met my wife in all d ladies I have been with even the lady I want to marry is not serious. And this is the lady disturbing me to come & see her parents for introduction.

Does she know you consult babalawo for decisions?
The most problematic spouse anyone can have is one that has to consult oracles for his next step
Tua

You are not ready for marriage yet IMHO

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice by Moana(f): 3:44pm On Jun 06, 2015
domwas2:

Marriage is not something you should just rush into because you are being pressured into do so. If you dont understand yourlife anymore, what will other people who have been going for years without securing a job say? You better start counting your blessings.

Age is not the only factor you should use to determine if you are ready for marriage or not. You need to put your life in order and you also need someone who is emotionally ready for the commitment too.
Re: I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice by SAMBARRY: 3:45pm On Jun 06, 2015
lofty900:
the only advice I have for u is,

stop visiting Alfas!
I concur instead see prophetess or babalawo grin
Re: I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 06, 2015
Moana:

Marriage is not something you should just rush into because you are being pressured into do so. If you dont understand yourlife anymore, what will other people who have been going for years without securing a job say? You better start counting your blessings.

Age is not the only factor you should use to determine if you are ready for marriage or not. You need to put your life in order and you also need someone who is emotionally ready for the commitment too.

Story tongue
Re: I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice by Moana(f): 3:49pm On Jun 06, 2015
lagunna1:

Story tongue
i knew you would come and cause trouble. See your life padi mi tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 06, 2015
Moana:
i knew you would come and cause trouble. See your life padi mi tongue

undecided cheesy

i no see my life..
Re: I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice by Moana(f): 3:54pm On Jun 06, 2015
lagunna1:

undecided cheesy

i no see my life..
let me show u then
Re: I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 06, 2015
SAMBARRY:
I concur instead see prophetess or babalawo grin

Not babalawo
He should see a mamalawo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 06, 2015
Moana:
let me show u then

kpec shocked
Re: I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice by Moana(f): 3:57pm On Jun 06, 2015
lagunna1:

kpec shocked
u no well! I am keeping you in my prayers grin

Kingtom someone is violating me cry
Re: I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 06, 2015
domwas2:
I always send her money but some times she compare me to her sister's boyfriend that am not doing much for her of which I hate to hear but I try my best to make her happy bcs am scared of losing her due to my love for her

Even if you earned a million bucks every day, an ungrateful and greedy wife would make you miserable and make you feel poor. You're obviously bending over backwards to make her happy and not only does she not appreciate it, she insults you by brazenly comparing you with another man? Bros, you never see wife o. Pack your mat and move on. The money you've spent on her is enough and should go into investing in your future, try and complete your house for instance. These are the kind of women that would drive a man to a life of crime.

My advice: end this relationship and tell her why. She will very likely plead with you to continue with her but stand your ground. At best, she'll shop for a guy while with you and dump you afterwards; at worst, she'll tuck this disgusting habit away until you guys get married and unleash the dragon and you'd be filled with regrets.

You do not need a t'oju b'ole, alaini itelorun wife. Sever ties and move on. Good luck, hombre.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 06, 2015
Justfollowit:

Ode!

Not only do you not have common sense, you lack manners as well. You deliberately spam people's thread with your hormone-induced outbursts at no benefit to them. What exactly do you intend to achieve with this rubbish you've just written?

RoyalRoy, please attend to this thing for the sake of sanity. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 06, 2015
Moana:

Kingtom someone is violating me cry

grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice by crackhaus: 4:19pm On Jun 06, 2015
Timbuktou:

Not only do you not have common sense, you lack manners as well. You deliberately spam people's thread with your hormone-induced outbursts at no benefit to them. What exactly do you intend to achieve with this rubbish you've just written?

RoyalRoy, please attend to this thing for the sake of sanity. Thanks.
I think she might like you bro, but hates that she does... gringrin

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice by KingTom(m): 4:30pm On Jun 06, 2015
Moana:

King tom someone is violating me cry
Ehn? angry

****Loads gun***

Who? angry
Re: I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice by Moana(f): 4:32pm On Jun 06, 2015
KingTom:

Ehn? angry

****Loads gun***

Who? angry
he asked for my kpec lipsrsealed he is up there embarassed cry
Re: I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice by Chubhie: 4:43pm On Jun 06, 2015
Free the babe else you gonna live all your life in regrets. You seem fragmented. Pull your self together and focus all energies on your personal well being and be grounded before thinking of marriage.

You should be looking for a partner someone that compliments and bring out the shine in you and not vampires that suck your energies while thinking it is their birthright.

You may need to change some things about you to be able to attract the right kind of ladies that you deserve. You deserve to be happy and free.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 06, 2015
crackhaus:

I think she might like you bro, but hates that she does... gringrin

Of course, she does. I just find it disgusting that she's fouling up someone's thread. grin
Re: I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice by KingTom(m): 4:51pm On Jun 06, 2015
Moana:
he asked for my kpec lipsrsealed he is up there embarassed cry
He wants to die abi? angry Lagunna1 shey iwo ti ya weyrey ni? Shey? angry You want to trespass on my land? angry
***Strikes machete on the ground***

Lagunna you want to PENETRATE my no fly zone abi? angry

******Tears shirt*****

angry angry
Re: I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 06, 2015
KingTom:
He wants to die abi? angry Lagunna1 shey iwo ti ya weyrey ni? Shey? angry You want to trespass on my land? angry
***Strikes machete on the ground***

Lagunna you want to PENETRATE my no fly zone abi? angry

******Tears shirt*****

angry angry

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Re: I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice by crackhaus: 5:00pm On Jun 06, 2015
Timbuktou:

Of course, she does. I just find it disgusting that she's fouling up someone's thread. grin
Lol, send her one PM and end this fouling of other people's threads. grin
Re: I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice by KingTom(m): 5:10pm On Jun 06, 2015
lagunna1:

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Emi? angry
Re: I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice by cococandy(f): 5:12pm On Jun 06, 2015
You're still consulting juju priests.
I wouldn't marry you if I were her.

You guys don't seem meant for each other.
If you must marry her, pls drop the seer services. Most of them don't see good for people. They always have something negative to say about someone in your life.

If only she was here but she's not so who's going to give her her own advice. Maybe you could tell her that some posters on nairaland said she needs to be more supportive and less desperate.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Marriage Is At The Brink / PHOTOS: See What A Couple Does For A Living! / Women Who Date Married Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.