Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. (6384 Views)

No Pain No Gain By Femi Gbaja.. House Leader / NJC Sacks Gbaja-Biamila And Idris Evuti / Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives (2) (3) (4)

TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. by pendy79: 3:29pm On Jun 06, 2015
After deep politicking and game changing calculations at the International Conference Centre today, The APC in a straw poll have elected Femi Gbajabiamila as the Next Speaker of the 8th Assembly with Hon. Ali Monguno from Borno as the deputy Speaker.
Femi Gbajabiamila scored a total of 154votes out of 182 accredited voters while Dogara scoring 3. Dogara and some of his supporters staged a work out sensing defeat in the air.

The astute and strong political jaggernaut from the South West is always beating the naive, hate filled and tear rendering TANiods in the game. They can only rant and whine online like they did for their clueless kindergarten ext president. The real deal is matching on.

More sorrow in the home of PDP and their supporters tonight.

TINUBU MESSING UP PDP SINCE 1960. HATERS GONNA HATE BUT WHO JAH HAS BLESSED NO MAN CAN CURSE.

Re: TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. by INTROVERT(f): 3:30pm On Jun 06, 2015
Re: TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. by sucreblazing(m): 3:30pm On Jun 06, 2015
source before I start jubilating
Re: TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:31pm On Jun 06, 2015
these eastern parts and failures despite all struggles, I think it is getting out of hand.

either awolowo or someone has cursed them

Re: TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. by jascon1(m): 3:32pm On Jun 06, 2015
This is getting insane. Nigeria is now a tribal game zone. Meanwhile this is not the job Nigerians want done. We need ppl not based on relationships, but based on competency n due process. We r simply going to the whirl .....

Re: TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. by pendy79: 3:33pm On Jun 06, 2015
Senate Presidency next up after the House of Reps straw poll.

Lawan and Saraki goes head to head.

High level politicking when Reps from Kano abandon their own to vote in Gbaja.

Great day for Democracy.

Re: TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 06, 2015
How United State Speaker is Selected

The House of Representatives elects the Speaker of the House on
the first day of every new Congress and in the event of the death
or resignation of an incumbent Speaker. The Clerk of the House
of Representatives requests nominations: there are normally two,
one from each major party (each party having previously met to
decide on its nominee). The Clerk then calls the roll of the
Representatives-elect, each Representative-elect indicating the
surname of the candidate he or she is supporting.
Representatives-elect are not restricted to voting for one of the
nominated candidates and may vote for any person, even for
someone who is not a member (or member-elect) of the House at
all. They may also abstain by voting "present". [3]

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Speaker_of_the_United_States_House_of_Representatives

Note that it is stated that the political parties made the decision of
who to contest ahead of time. And each party only present one
person.

APC is doing the right thing

Re: TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 06, 2015
jascon1:
This is getting insane. Nigeria is now a tribal game zone. Meanwhile this is not the job Nigerians wants done. We need ppl not based on relationships, but based on competency. hausa n Yoruba dominating politics. We r simply going to the whirl .....

How United State Speaker is Selected

The House of Representatives elects the Speaker of the House on
the first day of every new Congress and in the event of the death
or resignation of an incumbent Speaker. The Clerk of the House
of Representatives requests nominations: there are normally two,
one from each major party (each party having previously met to
decide on its nominee). The Clerk then calls the roll of the
Representatives-elect, each Representative-elect indicating the
surname of the candidate he or she is supporting.
Representatives-elect are not restricted to voting for one of the
nominated candidates and may vote for any person, even for
someone who is not a member (or member-elect) of the House at
all. They may also abstain by voting "present". [3]

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Speaker_of_the_United_States_House_of_Representatives

Note that it is stated that the political parties made the decision of
who to contest ahead of time. And each party only present one
person.

APC is doing the right thing

Re: TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. by pendy79: 3:35pm On Jun 06, 2015
sucreblazing:
source before I start jubilating

Gbaja had 154 votes to Dogara's 3 out of 184 accredited voters only 160 voted while 2 were voided or abstained.

Dogara and some of his supporters left the venue before the commencement of the poll saying they didn't know a poll was gonna take place.

Its a done deal.

Re: TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. by pendy79: 3:38pm On Jun 06, 2015
jascon1:
This is getting insane. Nigeria is now a tribal game zone. Meanwhile this is not the job Nigerians wants done. We need ppl not based on relationships, but based on competency n due process. How can one-man Tinubu be dictating n ppl fold hands n celebrate. We r simply going to the whirl .....

Look for the next available basket and fill it with your tears.

The opposition will be given minority role to play so don't cry much.

Re: TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. by Mogidi: 3:40pm On Jun 06, 2015
PREMIUM TIMES gathered that the Consolidation Group, comprising members loyal to Mr. Dogara would also carry out a parallel primary at a different venue.

Tinubu about to destroy what he spent years building, I laugh in kafanchan.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/184446-breaking-apc-conducts-mock-election-to-pick-candidate-for-house-of-reps-speakership.html
Re: TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. by winniz: 3:40pm On Jun 06, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
these eastern parts and failures despite all struggles, I think it is getting out of hand.

either awolowo or someone has cursed them

It's your useless South West that have been cursed.

Re: TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. by jascon1(m): 3:42pm On Jun 06, 2015
pendy79:

if there were anything I cud say to Ur brain is save Ur tears for yourself n Ur next generation, cos' u n there n I am here. Nothing they do, gets to me.
Re: TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. by jascon1(m): 3:42pm On Jun 06, 2015
pendy79:

if there were anything I cud say to Ur brain is save Ur tears for yourself n Ur next generation, cos' u r there n I am here. Nothing they do, gets to me.
Re: TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. by jascon1(m): 3:43pm On Jun 06, 2015
Tinubu sud be facing prosecution right now or probably be staring at steel bars day and night. Our definition of heroism is lame. These guys r daylight criminals

Re: TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. by TightPussy(f): 3:43pm On Jun 06, 2015
Source?
Re: TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. by Chubhie: 3:44pm On Jun 06, 2015
BAT says that he knows he is ugly, therefore he flies at night. Another victory for Jagaban of Africa Bola Ahamed Tinubu aka BAT.

This coming 4years looks promising and rewarding for his labour of 'love' years past.
Re: TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. by Arch1: 3:45pm On Jun 06, 2015
If this news is true, then it means there would be enough Faaji at Surulere tonight. Gbogbo Shitta, Masha, Bode Thomas Akerele, Gbaja, Alaka titi de Ojuelegba.

He don sure say i go fvck Olosho and drink enough Shayo tonight. Abeg i dey go house

Re: TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. by dridowu: 3:47pm On Jun 06, 2015
Until the house is inaugurated before and Gbaja ie elected as the speaker but for now Gbaja has been elected at the APC primary

Re: TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. by jascon1(m): 3:48pm On Jun 06, 2015
TightPussy:
Source?
you are a confirmed male. In fact the firstborn son of Ur mother. U r not female at allllllll. I wonder when u will visit the parents of that girl u have been dating.
Re: TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. by superstar1(m): 3:49pm On Jun 06, 2015
winniz:

Another shameless ranting from a south beasterner

Re: TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:50pm On Jun 06, 2015
winniz:

dint cry bro. I only dey yarn truth. If you carry time and check, u go fear how many times south west don burn your cables. grin grin

Re: TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:51pm On Jun 06, 2015
Tuesday should just come.

Re: TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. by Bayswater: 4:01pm On Jun 06, 2015
APC just selected its speaker, Nigeria's House of Representatives' speaker would be elected on Tuesday, until then we dey laugh o smiley
Re: TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. by Chubhie: 4:02pm On Jun 06, 2015
Arch1:
If this news is true, then it means there would be enough Faaji at Surulere tonight. Gbogbo Shitta, Masha, Bode Thomas Akerele, Gbaja, Alaka titi de Ojuelegba.

He don sure say i go fvck Olosho and drink enough Shayo tonight. Abeg i dey go house
LOL! Is that how you celebrate? Beer and Oloshos! Drink responsibly and use a condom.

Re: TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. by Arch1: 4:18pm On Jun 06, 2015
Chubhie:
LOL! Is that how you celebrate? Beer and Oloshos! Drink responsibly and use a condom.
k

Re: TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. by zimoni(f): 4:19pm On Jun 06, 2015
I'm happy for him.

Learnt the dude is very proud. All the same, best of luck.
Re: TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. by winniz: 4:20pm On Jun 06, 2015
superstar1:

Another shameless ranting from a south beasterner

Idiotic Ofenmm.nu you have been noticed.

Re: TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. by sammyj: 4:22pm On Jun 06, 2015
Good to hear. APC is truly the change we have been clamoring for since 1800 DC !!! cheesy
Re: TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. by superstar1(m): 4:24pm On Jun 06, 2015
winniz:

Idiotic Ofenmm.nu you have been noticed.

Ashiere nyamiri who gives a hoot about "this thing"?

Re: TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:29pm On Jun 06, 2015
jascon1:
This is getting insane. Nigeria is now a tribal game zone. Meanwhile this is not the job Nigerians want done. We need ppl not based on relationships, but based on competency n due process. We r simply going to the whirl .....

What is tribalistic in an election?

If you dont know, Gbajabiamila was not handpick but voted in by the majority today in ICC. This is election and not tribal selection.

I wish in best of luck

Re: TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. by winniz: 4:32pm On Jun 06, 2015
superstar1:

Ashiere nyamiri who gives a hoot about "this thing"?

Who is this piece of garbage from South West? Just get lost!!

Ofili-Ajumogobia, Obla Granted Bail On Self Recognition / Post Your "Buhari Suffering" Story / Senate To Pass 2020 Budget Before Christmas