Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator (7365 Views)

Top Signs Of Radiator Failure / When Is The Right Time To Wash Your Radiator? / How To Fix Your Car's Air Conditioner (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator by oineoma(m): 3:54pm On Jun 06, 2015
Whats our take on this? I heard its better to collect water from your air conditioner at home and fill up radiator with instead of the regular water. The Idea is the water has been properly professed and doesn't have salt inside unlike the regular water that can sediment into whitish salt in radiator. Whats the take?
Re: Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator by Raymie(m): 3:56pm On Jun 06, 2015
Get radiator coolant

3 Likes

Re: Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator by oineoma(m): 4:54pm On Jun 06, 2015
Thanks but, We re talking water.. not coolant. U cznt use only coolant in ur car can u? U need water. So its the choice of water am trying to look at.
Re: Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator by Marpol: 5:35pm On Jun 06, 2015
Get coolant

2 Likes

Re: Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator by djfiki: 8:30pm On Jun 06, 2015
The question is valid. Water from radiator is close to distilled water, so the question is that is it better to use distilled water in a car radiator rather than tap water.
Re: Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator by Kashif(m): 9:44pm On Jun 06, 2015
djfiki:
The question is valid. Water from radiator is close to distilled water, so the question is that is it better to use distilled water in a car radiator rather than tap water.

None of the above.
Re: Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator by abatically(m): 10:19pm On Jun 06, 2015
My friend use radiator coolant and stop being smarter than car manufacturers that spent years of research trying to find out what's best for ur car. Its not as if radiator coolant is a scarce commodity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator by FlyboyZee: 7:26am On Jun 07, 2015
abatically:
My friend use radiator coolant and stop being smarter than car manufacturers that spent years of research trying to find out what's best for ur car. Its not as if radiator coolant is a scarce commodity.
I don't know why you guys are haranguing the OP? He didn't say he ain't using no coolant? The requirement is to always use a 50-50% mixture of coolant-distilled water, if you ain't using a premixed coolant. All he is asking is whether it is okay to use the water discharged from the a/c at home in place of distilled water and you guys come sounding off as if he ain't gat no idea about coolant.

I was expecting to see analysis of why we should/shouldn't use the water discharged from a/cs in place of distilled water. Just like the analysis on treated (tap) water.

6 Likes

Re: Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator by austin4real(m): 8:08am On Jun 07, 2015
Use natural well water or rain water, I doubt if there's any salt content in those
Re: Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 07, 2015
OP distilled water is recommended cos of its purity. In practice deionised water is even purer than distilled water because most dissolved minerals have been removed. It's also necessary to point that minerals present in water cause scale formation and most times aid corrosion in the internal walls of the radiator.
With these few points it is safe even safer to use water from the A.C since its deionised water that comes out of most of them.

2 Likes

Re: Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 07, 2015
austin4real:
Use natural well water or rain water, I doubt if there's any salt content in those
How can u say no dissolved salts in well water that interacts with earth content or rain water that reacts with a lot of gaseous pollutants before reaching the earth surface.? If I may ask what do you think causes acid rain? Why do we distill water in the lab in the first place. OP run for Ur life. grin

1 Like

Re: Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator by lonelydora: 1:03pm On Jun 07, 2015
Raymie:
Get radiator coolant

Simple.
Re: Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator by oineoma(m): 3:05pm On Jun 07, 2015
FlyboyZee:

I don't know why you guys are haranguing the OP? He didn't say he ain't using no coolant? The requirement is to always use a 50-50% mixture of coolant-distilled water, if you ain't using a premixed coolant. All he is asking is whether it is okay to use the water discharged from the a/c at home in place of distilled water and you guys come sounding off as if he ain't gat no idea about coolant.
I was expecting to see analysis of why we should/shouldn't use the water discharged from a/cs in place of distilled water. Just like the analysis on treated (tap) water.

I tire o.. I doubt if anyone in naija does not use a coolant. I didnt think it should be a question among car experts.. coolant is not up for discussion, its the water we re lookin at. @ Prodigy.. thanks for the update..
Its strange not many talk about water from A.c used in radiator. I believe when u mix it with coolant it ll keep the temperature of engine at excellent level, plus it protects engine life. More contributions guys!
Re: Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator by Coldplay007(f): 4:40pm On Jun 07, 2015
oineoma:

I tire o.. I doubt if anyone in naija does not use a coolant. I didnt think it should be a question among car experts.. coolant is not up for discussion, its the water we re lookin at. @ Prodigy.. thanks for the update..
Its strange not many talk about water from A.c used in radiator. I believe when u mix it with coolant it ll keep the temperature of engine at excellent level, plus it protects engine life. More contributions guys!

Most (or all) coolants in the nigerian market are premixed. So you don't need water.. That's why everybody have been screaming coolants...
Don't bother yourself with the stress of gari, sapele or AC water grin, Just get the premixed coolants...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator by oineoma(m): 9:49pm On Jun 07, 2015
Coldplay007:

Most (or all) coolants in the nigerian market are premixed. So you don't need water.. That's why everybody have been screaming coolants...
Don't bother yourself with the stress of gari, sapele or AC water grin, Just get the premixed coolants...
Are you kidding me? Already mixed? As thick and slushy as it looks? But the notice on de cans says to mix with part water, ive even seen a thread on this room befor about mixing 50/50% water and coolant..
Do u ve any particular brand in mind?
Re: Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator by ollyruffy: 10:12pm On Jun 07, 2015
How is the water coming from AC ionized or distilled?

The source of that water coming from the AC is the air which has particles of dust within it. I am very sure, if this water is tested, different elements will be present.

Use distilled water to dilute your undiluted coolant or use pre-mixed 50-50 coolant. Simple
Re: Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator by Coldplay007(f): 11:32pm On Jun 07, 2015
oineoma:

Are you kidding me? Already mixed? As thick and slushy as it looks? But the notice on de cans says to mix with part water, ive even seen a thread on this room befor about mixing 50/50% water and coolant..
Do u ve any particular brand in mind?

Total...
Re: Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator by Emekasmart(m): 5:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
Why must u use Ac water for ur radiator,why can't u make use of the normal natural water,huh? I just dey laugh u.
Re: Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
Emekasmart:
Why must u use Ac water for ur radiator,why can't u make use of the normal natural water,huh? I just dey laugh u.

Limescale.
Corrosive.
Chlorine.
Saline.
Acidic.

The same reason you use distilled water in older non-sealed car batteries. You wouldn't use water from your domestic tap or well in your battery, would you?

2 Likes

Re: Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator by pek(m): 10:27pm On Jun 09, 2015
Thanks op, never thought of that. It will be cheaper and better to go for that ac water. Makes sense.
Re: Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator by Emekasmart(m): 4:57am On Jun 11, 2015
Siena:

Limescale.
Corrosive.
Chlorine.
Saline.
Acidic.

The same reason you use distilled water in older non-sealed car batteries. You wouldn't use water from your domestic tap or well in your battery, would you?
So do u advice me to make use of ac water for my radiator?
Re: Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator by oineoma(m): 8:03pm On Jun 11, 2015
Yes, you should use A.C water.. @Admin, should we not put this on front page? So others can learn? Save thier car engine?
Re: Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 12, 2015
Emekasmart:
You don't have to laugh at him cos u are indirectly laughing at your ignorance. By the way remove that SMART from ur moniker. grin

2 Likes

Re: Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator by swagdopey: 10:22am On Jun 17, 2015
Pls dnt laugh o. I hv bin using normal tap water for my radiator for some yearz now. Am just coming across this coolant ish for the first time. How is it used pls@car gurus
Re: Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator by Emekasmart(m): 9:55am On Jul 31, 2015
kokaneprodigy:

You don't have to laugh at him cos u are indirectly laughing at your ignorance. By the way remove that SMART from ur moniker. grin
Which bush did u come from? and must u comment,jobless mofo. Use normal water u know,faggg..
Re: Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator by Emekasmart(m): 9:55am On Jul 31, 2015
kokaneprodigy:

Which bush did u come from? and must u comment,jobless mofo. Use normal water u know,faggg.. Dumb assss.
Re: Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 31, 2015
Emekasmart:

Which bush did u come from? and must u comment,jobless mofo. Use normal water u know,faggg.. Dumb assss.
And what's this imbecillic being saying?
Re: Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator by Raymie(m): 9:01pm On Jul 31, 2015
swagdopey:
Pls dnt laugh o. I hv bin using normal tap water for my radiator for some yearz now. Am just coming across this coolant ish for the first time. How is it used pls@car gurus
Gp to any fuel station/car mart and ask of coolant for yhur type of vehicle. Before yhu put it, yhu may need to examine yhur radiator for signs of leakage. If none, do a thorough radiator wash and bleed the system of water. Yhu may need experienced personnel for that. Once done, fill with coolant, enjoy the difference and come along with yhur tithe to testify on this thread.
Re: Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator by Edunwa302(m): 5:33pm On Aug 01, 2015
oineoma:
Whats our take on this? I heard its better to collect water from your air conditioner at home and fill up radiator with instead of the regular water. The Idea is the water has been properly professed and doesn't have salt inside unlike the regular water that can sediment into whitish salt in radiator. Whats the take?
I ve been using this method since 19BC, u not far from the real coolant since its not readily affordable here in naija forget those greenish thing those guys sell and call it coolant
Re: Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator by Edunwa302(m): 5:34pm On Aug 01, 2015
kokaneprodigy:
OP distilled water is recommended cos of its purity. In practice deionised water is even purer than distilled water because most dissolved minerals have been removed. It's also necessary to point that minerals present in water cause scale formation and most times aid corrosion in the internal walls of the radiator.
With these few points it is safe even safer to use water from the A.C since its deionised water that comes out of most of them.
On point
Re: Using Water From House Air Conditioner Inside Care Radiator by Emekasmart(m): 6:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
kokaneprodigy:

And what's this imbecillic being saying?
Now i can see u are ignorant,look at urself very well from hair to toe,u are ought to be in yaba left.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology / [photos And Video] Phyno Cars And House: The Secret You Might Not Know / Interpol/Nigeria Police Setup Checkpoints In Abuja (Is Lagos next?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.