Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,886 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:41 AM

How Coconut Oil Will Change Your Life: Incredible Uses Of Coconut Oil. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Coconut Oil Will Change Your Life: Incredible Uses Of Coconut Oil. (9234 Views)

Prostitute In Congo Uses Nylon As Condom For Protection Against HIV/AIDS (Video) / These Durex BBM Stickers For Safe Sex Conversation Will Change Your Game... / 10 Incredible Uses Of Bosom Milk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Coconut Oil Will Change Your Life: Incredible Uses Of Coconut Oil. by UncleChike: 4:33am On Jun 07, 2015
Coconut oil is one of the most unique products on the market right now. The positive rewards it brings to your life upon use are just too amazing to go unnoticed. Coconut oil isn't just an awesome tool to cook with but it is also an amazing product to use for beauty purposes. This post contains some of the best ways to use coconut and its oil aside from eating it with garri or as coconut rice that will help bring about positive change to your health.

1. Exfoliate.

To remove dead skin cells from the surface of your skin to improve its glow and appearance. Far better than bleaching especially if you use pure coconut oil. Very easy to create. Simply mix together 2 tablespoons of sugar and around 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and if its available Shea Butter. Put it in a jar or container and use it to your liking... you won't be upset with the results.

2. The Ultimate Moisturizer.
Coconut Oil has been used as a full body moisturizer for some time now. It has become widely accepted as a fantastic substitute for lotion. Apply it to your body throughout the day and there will be no doubt that you feel the difference. Soft, glowing, and smooth are three words to describe the after effect of coconut oil use.

While the concept of applying oil to the skin might not seem right to some, coconut oil is an incredibly affective moisturizer, especially for those with dry skin. Ensuring that skin is well moisturized is just one method for counteracting the signs of premature aging, and coconut oil takes it to another level. Coconut oil is also great at lightening dark spots and some even recommend it for treating acne. By moisturizing with a product like coconut oil, the skin doesn't think it's dehydrated and won't produce heavy amounts of sebum that get trapped in pores.

3.Deodorant.

Some people apply the coconut oil straight to their arm pits, but you can also make your own deodorant by blending together shea butter, baking soda, and coconut oil. It works wonders and is 100% natural. You can add cinnamon oil and get your own perfumed deodorant.

4. The Perfect Sunscreen/ Burn Remedy.

Coconut Oil is a natural SPF 4 and can be applied before being in the sun. If you find yourself with a sunburn or scalded with a hot material or fluid, rub coconut oil on the area to soothe the pain and kick-start the healing process

5. Your Lips. Ever craved luscious lips? Lips so soft and fresh, you keep getting stolen kisses and glares from strangers? Just apply coconut oil to your lips. It works wonders with them as well. Basically, coconut oil will change your life if you give it a chance.

6. Disease.

Coconut oil is actually 50% lauric acid, which not only helps aid your hair, but also your heart. Lauric acid helps prevent issues such as high blood pressure and high cholesterol. This acid ends up lowering LDL cholesterol, which is considered "bad" cholesterol, and contributes to blocked arteries and plaque buildup. While there are other factors involved in decreasing heart risks, coconut oil displays definite benefits to helping with heart-risk prevention.

7.Hair. As we get into the warmer months, trying to get rid of dry hair can also be an issue caused from the harsh, cold weather. Coconut oil acts as a great restorative for those with hair damage, dry hair, dandruff, and even hair loss. The key ingredient is a fatty acid called lauric acid, which has a high affinity for hair proteins and softens those dried out strands. Those who favor coconut oil recommend applying an even amount from root to tip (or wherever dryness is experienced), and letting it absorb for 30-40 minutes until washing it out completely. After using coconut oil, hair can become more shiny and soft, as well as preventing breakage.

8. Skin.
While the concept of applying oil to the skin might not seem right to some, coconut oil is an incredibly affective moisturizer, especially for those with dry skin. Ensuring that skin is well moisturized is just one method for counteracting the signs of premature aging, and coconut oil takes it to another level. Coconut oil is also great at lightening dark spots and some even recommend it for treating acne. By moisturizing with a product like coconut oil, the skin doesn't think it's dehydrated and won't produce heavy amounts of sebum that get trapped in pores.

NOTE:

The best type of coconut oil to use is any kind with "unrefined" or at least "organic" on the packaging. Unrefined means this product hasn't been treated with bleach or any other chemical process to eliminate potential bacteria. While this is better for flavor, unrefined coconut oil will also not contain any harmful trans fats. Choosing "refined" coconut oil would mean the coconut has endured a chemical process, as well as sometimes experiencing hydrogenation. By going with refined coconut oil, you aren't getting as many of the health benefits as you would be from oil that is unrefined and as close to its natural element as possible.

Coconut oil is available in grocery stores, as well as online. Be sure to be look out for specific information and labeling in regards to unrefined and refined. With both cosmetic and medicinal benefits, coconut oil is an excellent product for healthy living. For enquires just send a mail to hichyke@yahoo.com or follow me on twitter. @unclechike_

Re: How Coconut Oil Will Change Your Life: Incredible Uses Of Coconut Oil. by Nobody: 4:38am On Jun 07, 2015
fp material.

cc lalastical.
Re: How Coconut Oil Will Change Your Life: Incredible Uses Of Coconut Oil. by Heromaniaa: 6:16am On Jun 07, 2015
you can also use it to drink garri.

1 Like

Re: How Coconut Oil Will Change Your Life: Incredible Uses Of Coconut Oil. by Nobody: 7:22am On Jun 07, 2015
I love coconut oil. It's just amazing. smiley

I use it as my face moisturizer, when i feel my face is quite dry.

i use it to exfoliate my lips and whole body.

I use it on my hair as well for pre-pooing before washing it off.

I use it on my body too, when I'm tired of lotions, and lastly i used it to get rid of dark circles under my eyes, it worked. I just love it, and I'm using the "Spectrum coconut oil" Such a coincidence cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Coconut Oil Will Change Your Life: Incredible Uses Of Coconut Oil. by babe4chi(f): 8:28am On Jun 07, 2015
Nneka123:
I love coconut oil. It's just amazing. smiley

I use it as my face moisturizer, when i feel my face is quite dry.

i use it to exfoliate my lips and whole body.

I use it on my hair as well for pre-pooing before washing it off.

I use it on my body too, when I'm tired of lotions, and lastly i used it to get rid of dark circles under my eyes, it worked. I just love it, and I'm using the "Spectrum coconut oil" Such a coincidence cheesy
pls where did u get urs? I mean the spectrum coconut oil. Thanks
Re: How Coconut Oil Will Change Your Life: Incredible Uses Of Coconut Oil. by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 07, 2015
babe4chi:
pls where did u get urs? I mean the spectrum coconut oil. Thanks
The last time I purchased it, it was online on Jumia. It's not normally always there, but they are other coconut oils they do sell there.
Re: How Coconut Oil Will Change Your Life: Incredible Uses Of Coconut Oil. by babe4chi(f): 9:23am On Jun 07, 2015
Nneka123:
The last time I purchased it, it was online on Jumia. It's not normally always there, but they are other coconut oils they do sell there.
thankss dear... smiley smiley
Re: How Coconut Oil Will Change Your Life: Incredible Uses Of Coconut Oil. by bobfx: 9:02pm On May 30, 2016
Freshly made, virgin coconut oil available for sale on demand at:

BlessingsGate Newstart Lifestyle Center
3 Godwill Balogun Close (Blessings Gate)
Akowonjo, Lagos, Nigeria.
facebook: http:///1U8qpV8
twitter: @bgnewstart
email: info@bgnewstart.com

(1) (Reply)

See What Happens When You Eat Garlic On An Empty Stomach For 7 Days / 18 Health Benefits Of Ofada/brown Rice. / Hairstyle And Haircut Ideas For Men And Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.