Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] (25302 Views)

DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] / DIY Construction Of My House In PH. / DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] by twinskenny(m): 4:49pm On Jan 11, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Is he webbed like you? Bonus if he has WhatsApp cause I'll need to see his projects and workmanship.

lol he is not ooo

kabiru is just a regular ibadan boy..

1 Like

Re: DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 11, 2016
Am loving this project.
Re: DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] by BITSWORKS: 4:56am On Jan 18, 2016
Blockwork for the roof slope in progress. The roofing style is a single slope roof that will have roof gutters at the rear. This is a cost saving roof style for people who are on a tight budget and it can still be appealing depending on the finishing.

1 Like

Re: DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] by BITSWORKS: 5:08am On Jan 18, 2016
Reinforced iron work done on the septic tank and soakaway, we will be casting soon.

Wood for the roof carcass work has been delivered also.

1 Like

Re: DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] by dubemcapital(m): 6:46am On Jan 18, 2016
FastShipping:

1 bag of cement, 3 headpans of sharp sand and 6 headpans of granite. grin grin

Amazing Welcome to Julius Berger standard grin
Re: DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 18, 2016
BITSWORKS:
Blockwork for the roof slope in progress. The roofing style is a single slope roof that will have roof gutters at the rear. This is a cost saving roof style for people who are on a tight budget and it can still be appealing depending on the finishing.

I would like to see pictures of the interior of this roof if possible.

My current build is slated to use two of this and I am trying to visualize the block work on the interior.

Thanks.
Re: DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] by BITSWORKS: 1:25pm On Jan 18, 2016
More roof blockwork pictures.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] by BITSWORKS: 1:27pm On Jan 18, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I would like to see pictures of the interior of this roof if possible.

My current build is slated to use two of this and I am trying to visualize the block work on the interior.

Thanks.

Okay sir, will update you once I take the pictures.

1 Like

Re: DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] by donbuchi1(m): 5:57pm On Jan 20, 2016
Please I will be happy if my concern can be addressed...

I have a building coming up gradually, it has been decked ( suspended slab). I have about 32 pillars from foundation to decking level. And about 20 are on the perimeter of the building. While 12 make up the inside.

Question: Please do I need to continue with all 32 pillars as I go to second floor or just 20 on the perimeter. I have 2 units of 2 bedrooms down and going 4 bedroom up. The configurations obviously would change up. So pls do I still need all 32?

1 Like

Re: DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 20, 2016
donbuchi1:

I have a building coming up gradually, it has been decked ( suspended slab). I have about 32 pillars from foundation to decking level. And about 20 are on the perimeter of the building. While 12 make up the inside.

Question: Please do I need to continue with all 32 pillars as I go to second floor or just 20 on the perimeter. I have 2 units of 2 bedrooms down and going 4 bedroom up. The configurations obviously would change up. So pls do I still need all 32?

A tip of my bowler hat to an impressive question.
Re: DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] by keziah123: 7:54pm On Jan 20, 2016
BITSWORKS:
Reinforced iron work done on the septic tank and soakaway, we will be casting soon.

Wood for the roof carcass work has been delivered also.
Pls assist with the cost of soakaway /septic tank and size. Tnx
Re: DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] by BITSWORKS: 5:36am On Jan 22, 2016
donbuchi1:

I will advise you follow your structural drawing detailing to the letter. Construction is not a guess work profession and that is why there are specific professionals for all aspect of the stages of construction.

The one you just mentioned is the most crucial one that will determine the life expectancy of that building (structural stability and load bearing capacity I mean).

Except your building does not have a structural drawing and that in itself is taking too much risk with your money or your clients money. A physical inspection or structural drawing will give me a better informed view, which I can use to advise you.
Re: DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] by BITSWORKS: 5:51am On Jan 22, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Thanks for sharing this.

Please share a total cost to do this including labor and all materials.

Thanks.

PS: and this one group will suffice for 4 units?

I have already listed the labour cost earlier and will just include the material cost/quantity. I had a lot of leftovers from casting the decking so I didn't make new purchases.

1. Granite - leftover from casting the decking but you won't need more than 10tons to cast both - N65k
2. Iron reinforcement - leftover from decking casting but you won't use more than half ton of both 16mm and 12mm (N50k budget)
3. Sharp sand - 1 trip on 10ton - N25k

1 Like

Re: DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] by BITSWORKS: 5:58am On Jan 22, 2016
The roof carcass work is already in progress and they will use two days to construct the roof members and 2 days to construct the noggins and 1 more day to check and tidyup.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] by BITSWORKS: 6:16am On Jan 22, 2016
More roof carcass work pictures.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] by Nobody: 6:55am On Jan 22, 2016
BITSWORKS:

I have already listed the labour cost earlier and will just include the material cost/quantity. I had a lot of leftovers from casting the decking so I didn't make new purchases.

1. Granite - leftover from casting the decking but you won't need more than 10tons to cast both - N65k
2. Iron reinforcement - leftover from decking casting but you won't use more than half ton of both 16mm and 12mm (N50k budget)
3. Sharp sand - 1 trip on 10ton - N25k

Thank you.
Re: DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] by BITSWORKS: 8:11pm On Jan 22, 2016
The internal roof carcass pictures as requested, showing the blockwork.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] by twinskenny(m): 8:12pm On Jan 22, 2016
BITSWORKS:
More roof carcass work pictures.
weldone Engr
Re: DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 22, 2016
BITSWORKS:
The internal roof carcass pictures as requested, showing the blockwork.

I'm indebted to you. Again.

Thank you Sir.

One question, could I engineer a sloping high ceiling?

1 Like

Re: DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] by olumide4christ: 9:26pm On Jan 22, 2016
donbuchi1:

Oga, just as BITSWORKS has said, please and please stick to your structural drawing to avoid building collapse. Don't allow cash crunch or your pocket dictate what you will do or not do; remember, people will live in this building when its completed.

If you have a structural drawing, the engineer who designed has already done his calculations before coming up with such drawings. If you decide to change anything without his express consent or advice, you will distort the stability of that building and put the would-be occupants in grave danger.

If you don't have a structural drawing and you're building a storey building, then I'm afraid you are running foul of the law. Even though you may not be stopped by the authorities (depending on the level of building control in the state where you're building it), you know that it isn't right for you to run foul of the law.

SO I ADVISE YOU - DO THE RIGHT THING!

3 Likes

Re: DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] by BITSWORKS: 6:53am On Jan 23, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I'm indebted to you. Again.

Thank you Sir.

One question, could I engineer a sloping high ceiling?

Yes you can, the number of blockwork coaches you will build will determine that. For you to achieve a high sloping ceiling, you might need at the minimum 4-6 coaches. Also the roof carcass under will have to slope like the upper one so you will need a very experienced carpenter for that.

1 Like

Re: DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 23, 2016
BITSWORKS:

Yes you can, the number of blockwork coaches you will build will determine that. For you to achieve a high sloping ceiling, you might need at the minimum 4-6 coaches. Also the roof carcass under will have to slope like the upper one so you will need a very experienced carpenter for that.

Thank you very much, you've been very kind.
Re: DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] by BITSWORKS: 7:58pm On Jan 23, 2016
PVC casement windows fixed in place for plastering work commencing next week.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] by BITSWORKS: 8:16pm On Jan 23, 2016
Piping works for the toilets and kitchen in progress.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 23, 2016
I love the progress of this thread. Nice and easy to follow.

Thanks for sharing.
Re: DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] by dubemcapital(m): 5:19pm On Jan 25, 2016
BITSWORKS:
Piping works for the toilets and kitchen in progress.

Well done Bitsworks, I suppose you considered the space behind, because of the type of roof you chose.
Re: DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] by BITSWORKS: 9:27pm On Jan 25, 2016
Casting of the suspended slab over the septic tank and soak-away.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 25, 2016
Question:

dubemcapital:

Well done Bitsworks, I suppose you considered the space behind, because of the type of roof you chose.

Answer:

BITSWORKS:
Re: DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] by BITSWORKS: 11:06am On Jan 31, 2016
Roof cladding with aluminium longspan in progress. The roof is splitted into two by a parapet wall and the other half will be roofed next week.

1 Like

Re: DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] by BITSWORKS: 3:34pm On Feb 03, 2016
Internal and external plastering work currently in progress.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] by msogunro: 3:43pm On Feb 03, 2016
Very nice!
Re: DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] by BITSWORKS: 2:27am On Feb 05, 2016
Floor and wall tiling ongoing. Also, the electrical wiring is in progress too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Estimated Cost Of This Floor Plan? / RECENT CCTV INSTALLATIONS PICTURES.... / Can 3 To 4 Million Naira Build Modern 5 Rooms & Parlour In Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.