Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,567 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra (13816 Views)

Vote Me As President And Get Biafra - Fayose / Tell Your People To Forget About Biafra: Buhari Tells Igbo Corpers / What FFK Said About Biafra On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Sweetlemon(f): 2:41pm On Aug 13, 2015
huptin:

I just naively told them that i see no difference between then and Ibos, they took serious offence and warned me never to call them Ibo again. They then went on to tell me a lot of terrible things about ibos.....men that was my first encounter with openly xenophobic human beings in my life. Funny enough i see a lot of them now in my office pandering to the ibos like they are one, once i remember the stories i heard from them about the ibos i shudder.

The thing about SS people is that we claim brotherhood with the Igbos when we need their partnership. A good example is GEJ. When last did you hear him talk about Igbo? The SS people on NL pointing out this fact are the sincere ones. The rest like barcanista will rather continue using them to further his NL political campaigns. Igbos are very sensitive people. Hail them, kiss them, hug them, sweet-talk them, and they will carry your matter on their heads like gala.
Politicians are very aware of that and that's why it's easy to use them.
Just look at Fayose, just look at the way Igbos are hailing a man who disgraced his mother because of politics. Why? Simply because he is fighting their percieved enemy. Seriously!

2 Likes

Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Udmaster(m): 2:54pm On Aug 13, 2015
atbu1983:

South east has only five states because it is small. Only kogi state (The 13th state by size) is more than the size of all south east states put together. Niger state alone is more than twice the size of all south east state. All the south east states are among the eight smallest states in Nigeria.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_area
don't call other state with your False statistics, talk about your useless state.. Oil Parasites
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by madenigga(m): 4:42pm On Aug 13, 2015
Sweetlemon:

The thing about SS people is that we claim brotherhood with the Igbos when we need their partnership. A good example is GEJ. When last did you hear him talk about Igbo? The SS people on NL pointing out this fact are the sincere ones. The rest like barcanista will rather continue using them to further his NL political campaigns. Igbos are very sensitive people. Hail them, kiss them, hug them, sweet-talk them, and they will carry your matter on their heads like gala.
Just look at Fayose, just look at the way Igbos are hailing a man who disgraced his mother because of politics. Why? Simply because he is fighting their percieved enemy. Seriously!
Akwa ibom girl, u are getting mind o, I hope dat small oil in ur backyard is not making u talk rubbish abt my people.
Just as der are bad eggs in ur backyard so are there in igbo land.
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by carnegiefan: 4:52pm On Aug 13, 2015
Too many Yoruba imposters as usual. lol

@OP I stopped reading when you implied that Biafra is SE. Even just Igboland is NOT only SE.
Thank God for radio Biafra! cheesy
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by carnegiefan: 4:56pm On Aug 13, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Since creating "SS", when last did former VP Alex Ekwueme talk about it in any speech?
These are NIGERIAN politicians. Only a dumb person would expect them to talk in those terms. lol

1 Like

Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Sweetlemon(f): 6:24pm On Aug 13, 2015
carnegiefan:

Since creating "SS", when last did former VP Alex Ekwueme talk about it in any speech?
These are NIGERIAN politicians. Only a dumb person would expect them to talk in those terms. lol

That's a very weak response and you know it.
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by ccollins(m): 10:29pm On Dec 12, 2015
oga moderator, I don't support biafra but people should have human rights for their own self determination, what do you think
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Spybradd: 8:39am On Jan 19, 2016
Mynd44:
I don’t really like to look at past mistakes except I want to see what I could have done better and put it into my going forward. ven mop about what I could have done about it in the past. It happened, it happened. The whole issues about pogrom or genocide is just a long story for the history books and holding on to the past is not going to make you go forward so what do you do? Look
The problems you have is not different from the problems that plague other parts of the country which is basically economics. I will always say until the inhabitants of the South East start looking towards developing the economics of the South East as a whole and not of certain people living in the South East, nothing will happen going forward.

Take this Second Niger Bridge for example. You have Delta on one side and Anambra on another side and you say for 30 years people have clamoured for another bridge but what is the cost of the darned bridge? It is a little over 100 billion. Are you saying the governments of Delta and Anambra could not have built the bridge by coming up with some of the capital, have private investors come up with the rest and toll the bridge? Imagine the impact of that?

It took the new governor of Anambra, Gov Obaino to sanitise the Anambra side of the bridge after the whole place was almost decaying.

When I heard of the port in Akwa Ibom, I almost jumped out of my skin hoping that the Abia state government will see that as a chance to improve the trade at Aba. You ask why?

The Ibaka (I believe that’s the name) port is a good chance for Abia state to get at the sea. They ought to have bought a stake or invested money towards the project perhaps get exclusive terminal(s) (the same way Lagos bought huge farmlands in Ogun state for their rice project). Then finance or look for investors to finance a direct rail line from the port to an inland port close to Aba and develop an industrial complex right there. Do you know how much economic activities that is? That on its own has simply opened up Abia state to the sea and gives them a chance to export without stress and also give them a chance to bring in raw materials and export raw goods. Footwears and the likes made from Aba gets easy access to the world.

The South Eastern states can come together to link everywhere via rail. The South East is not that large: an inland rail port in Abia can easily link the rest. If you wait for the FG to dredge the Niger, sorry ooooo because believe it or not, Anambra is not the only state that will demand for a share of that and in the spirit of equity, the federal government had to consider the rest too.

Igbos are one of the most travelled people in the world, I find it amazing that the governors and leaders there can’t use the influence of these people to draw in investors.

Do what Ogun state is doing to Lagos by sending delegations to companies (with your people at the helm) and giving them free land and tax incentives which is gradually making Ogun one of the states with the highest number of industries right now and still growing.

It is not every time you wait for the Federal Government. Look at how Lagos took Ikorodu road from the FG and worked on it. Or how Oyo, Ogun and Lagos asked the FG to hands off the Lagos-Ibadan expressway if they won’t fix it.

I want to see a tax structure in Anambra that generates money for the state to do more. The traders are there, tax them but before you can tax them, make the markets better. Aba is there, tax the traders and give them a chance to access the international markets

You don’t have to fight for international airports. Fight for roads instead.

Regional integration first: that is the nearest future before you talk of Biafra. If Biafra works, you already have the structures. If it does not come, you still have it

I don’t get why Abia state will fire non-indigenes from other South Eastern states from the civil service. That is dumb and only divide you.

You complain of representation in the National assembly and how you are numerically disadvantaged but even if you have an additional state, it only gives you a slight number. SE legislators need to build bridges with those from other zones and play the politics of the Senate and House of Representatives. They need to learn to “toast” other legislators (possibly actively support the bills favouring them) so they can support your bills in return.

This politics of “We are Igbos” has to stop especially at the federal level. Learn to play politics where you make friends (even if you have to pretend). Do you think Lagos got the federal government to move a lot of companies tuse they have more senators? Hell no. They made friends with those they can make friends with, sacrificed what can and got what they can get. Remember a tight hand not only keeps what it has but also not receive anything.

rubbish,u can as well ban me,who gives a shiit..*spits
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by chiefobdk(m): 9:10am On Jan 19, 2016
Mynd44:
I don’t really like to look at past mistakes except I want to see what I could have done better and put it into my going forward. Not even mop about what I could have done about it in the past. It happened, it happened. The whole issues about pogrom or genocide is just a long story for the history books and holding on to the past is not going to make you go forward so what do you do? Look to the nearest and far future.

The problems you have is not different from the problems that plague other parts of the country which is basically economics. I will always say until the inhabitants of the South East start looking towards developing the economics of the South East as a whole and not of certain people living in the South East, nothing will happen going forward.

Take this Second Niger Bridge for example. You have Delta on one side and Anambra on another side and you say for 30 years people have clamoured for another bridge but what is the cost of the darned bridge? It is a little over 100 billion. Are you saying the governments of Delta and Anambra could not have built the bridge by coming up with some of the capital, have private investors come up with the rest and toll the bridge? Imagine the impact of that?

It took the new governor of Anambra, Gov Obaino to sanitise the Anambra side of the bridge after the whole place was almost decaying.

When I heard of the port in Akwa Ibom, I almost jumped out of my skin hoping that the Abia state government will see that as a chance to improve the trade at Aba. You ask why?

The Ibaka (I believe that’s the name) port is a good chance for Abia state to get at the sea. They ought to have bought a stake or invested money towards the project perhaps get exclusive terminal(s) (the same way Lagos bought huge farmlands in Ogun state for their rice project). Then finance or look for investors to finance a direct rail line from the port to an inland port close to Aba and develop an industrial complex right there. Do you know how much economic activities that is? That on its own has simply opened up Abia state to the sea and gives them a chance to export without stress and also give them a chance to bring in raw materials and export raw goods. Footwears and the likes made from Aba gets easy access to the world.

The South Eastern states can come together to link everywhere via rail. The South East is not that large: an inland rail port in Abia can easily link the rest. If you wait for the FG to dredge the Niger, sorry ooooo because believe it or not, Anambra is not the only state that will demand for a share of that and in the spirit of equity, the federal government had to consider the rest too.

Igbos are one of the most travelled people in the world, I find it amazing that the governors and leaders there can’t use the influence of these people to draw in investors.

Do what Ogun state is doing to Lagos by sending delegations to companies (with your people at the helm) and giving them free land and tax incentives which is gradually making Ogun one of the states with the highest number of industries right now and still growing.

It is not every time you wait for the Federal Government. Look at how Lagos took Ikorodu road from the FG and worked on it. Or how Oyo, Ogun and Lagos asked the FG to hands off the Lagos-Ibadan expressway if they won’t fix it.

I want to see a tax structure in Anambra that generates money for the state to do more. The traders are there, tax them but before you can tax them, make the markets better. Aba is there, tax the traders and give them a chance to access the international markets

Regional integration first: that is the nearest future before you talk of Biafra. If Biafra works, you already have the structures. If it does not come, you still have it

I don’t get why Abia state will fire non-indigenes from other South Eastern states from the civil service. That is dumb and only divide you.

You complain of representation in the National assembly and how you are numerically disadvantaged but even if you have an additional state, it only gives you a slight number. SE legislators need to build bridges with those from other zones and play the politics of the Senate and House of Representatives. They need to learn to “toast” other legislators (possibly actively support the bills favouring them) so they can support your bills in return.

This politics of “We are Igbos” has to stop especially at the federal level. Learn to play politics where you make friends (even if you have to pretend). Do you think Lagos got the federal government to move a lot of companies there because they have more senators? Hell no. They made friends with those they can make friends with, sacrificed what they can and got what they can get. Remember a tight hand not only keeps what it has but also not receive anything.

Igbos love to talk about how many houses they have outside the south east or how many business interests they have outside the south east but at what gain? You set up a factory in Oyo and pay tax to the Oyo state government, employ more citizens(indigenes and non indigenes) of Oyo and add to the GDP of Oyo so you can brag? Why not set it up in Ebonyi?

I don’t understand how Ifeanyi Ubah can come out to say Igbos are taking over Lagos and brag about how “they” won House of Representative seats there. Who will they represent, the south east or Lagosians(Lagosians here being both indigenes and non indigenes)? They are there to develop Lagos. Why will Ifeanyi Ubah say “Igbos will install the governor of Lagos”? You are simply playing politics where everyone else will be hostile towards you. Look even if you have Biafra as your goal, pretend to belong and be a part so you can get what will develop you

There has been this issue of other regions cutting food supplies to Biafra if it is ever created and then you hear Igbos say they will also cut oil supplies but before thinking of alienating yourselves in the event of a Biafra, why not just open your doors with the North in terms of trade as it concerns food? Why must it be malice (not necessarily violence)?

No one has the monopoly of farming but is the south east investing in farming right now? Learn from what happened the last time when food was cut off and stop thinking about how you will cut off oil supplies. What if the states in the South-South decide not to join and decide to form their own country (It can happen)? Everyone trades according to what they gain and if anyone offers them money, they will sell oil to them. Nigeria uses merely 400,000 barrels of oil each day, the oil deposits in Ondo and Edo(if you believe Edo will be part of a Biafra then you need to think about it again) can sort that out. The government is also talking of continuing the search in the Lake Chad region. Deposits have been found in Lagos, with Dangote building a 650,000 barrels per day refinery and Oando following up with a 350,000 barrels per day. The country will be a refining hub in West Africa and with that can afford to buy raw crude and export the products.

But what happens to the people of Igbo descent who has billions in investment in places outside the South East or the places that might not be part of Biafra? The loss to these people will be huge as the government of the country you leave might just nationalise them if you decide you want to leave with malice and the continual threats by people like Kanu Nnamdi of Radio Biafra.

Think of developing the SE as a short term goal with Biafra as a long term goal else the future (near and far) is going to be hellish.

http://www.megahub.com.ng/to-get-biafra-forget-about-biafra/

trash
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by ChristStriker(m): 11:33am On Jan 19, 2016
Mynd44:

I Nigeria is a signatory to ECOWAS but if they decide against policies what will ECOWAS do? What has the UN done against USA?

2. That is why investing in ports in important. If Nigeria breaks up the SE might find themselves landlocked if the SS decides to form their own state. What happens then? But if a SE officially has a stakes in the ports in the Niger Delta, you are at an advantage

3. Look at it this way, you all nationalise investments, who loses more? This is a call for the SE business community to invest more in the SE. A call to the leaders to develop the zone as together and build alliances with people outside.

Excellent!
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by ChristStriker(m): 11:37am On Jan 19, 2016
Sweetlemon:

This is the painful truth my dear, you are correct.

I am Igbo.
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by ceaz4r(m): 8:26pm On Jan 19, 2016
wow..! Mynd44, you put this message so correctly!!
For a Mod who never lets any post about Biafra survive, this is rather surprising. I used to have this bile directed at you because of that, now I'm veiwing you from another perspective. I agree with up to 98 percent of what you wrote there.

Now, how some people see this post as anti Igbo is confusing.

More of this!!
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Living4christ(m): 9:11pm On Jan 19, 2016
Mynd44:

1. We have argued this here once. The SE geographically is the smallest region. That said, it does not stop it from getting an additional state but for the past 16 years, I have not seen an aggressive push by the legislators for that. The article has said it, in politics everywhere, you need to reach out and form alliance so you can have people from outside also lend voices to your demands.

2. Ebonyi has little coming in from the FG. But how about Ebonyi using what it has. You know Ekiti can argue the same right? And i also ask why Ekiti with a huge potential for agriculture complains of allocation

3 and 4 are similar in response with 1

If FG treat SE/SS like they treat Lagos and abuja, u know wat will happens.
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by honeychild(f): 9:18pm On Jan 19, 2016
BuddahMonk:

How can you build in someone's land when you can't even build in your own land, have seen mud house in East, can you handle the type of houses they build in East.?

Bunch of covetous people, always trying to loot and steal peopl's wealth.
What do you want to benefit from abandoned properties, don't you know how to work and build your own houses instead fixing your eyes on what someone will leave behind.

You keep talking about abandoned properties. The people who stole your abandoned properties were your [/b]Okrika and Ikwerre brothers in Port Harcourt.[b] No properties were stolen in the Western Region. But of course you are ready to forgive the real culprits because you need their oyel cheesy cheesy wink and their ports. The Yoruba aren't your enemies.
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Duru1(m): 9:27pm On Jan 19, 2016
leke12:
Most igbos clamouring for biafra are just too dumb to think deep b4 they act especially when it comes to money. The main reason is their eyes are on Niger delta oil, "imagine that" they want to suppress another nation just for the short term oil goal which will soon be of less importance but I trust all d creek guys, they won't accept. For God sake u can't even develop one state in ur region up to a metropolitan with all d so call 'igbo is bless', "igbo is jews", "igbo is hardworking" and then u want a whole country. Wao! U must be the 'wisest tribe' on earth, my experience in Abia was noting to write home about. U guys are actually living and feeding on other regions. U can't even survive a year if u ever achieve ur biafra, I just pity those igbos wey dey ff dat ur so call biafra leader(d guy get dual citizenship and gbege na to run go ireland.

Per the bolded, the dumbest fool in the process is the person who knew that those clamoring for Biafra are too dumb but remains irrefutable dumb to let the clamorers sail to their foolishness. Nigeria should make them realize their dumbness by letting them go to their poverty stricken homeland.

1 Like

Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Living4christ(m): 9:33pm On Jan 19, 2016
I really love his post, bcuz he refused to speak against Biafra he was standing in d middle, but u must know that all u have said cannot be achieved with the Norths in Nigeria, as dey are know for forcing others to sit down with then in d dust.
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Living4christ(m): 9:37pm On Jan 19, 2016
@mind44 really love this post, bcuz u refused to speak against Biafra u were standing in d middle, but u must know that all u have said cannot be achieved with the Norths in Nigeria, as dey are know for forcing others to sit down with then in d dust.
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Duru1(m): 9:39pm On Jan 19, 2016
Sweetlemon:

Your portrayal of Igbo in the above post is arrant nonsense. Ndigbo will never forget who sojourn with them. The only issue here is that Ndigbo tend to carry it individually instead of communally or sometimes party loyalty. Ndigbo voted for Abiola and Obsanajo as well as Taffa. I guess ordinarily, Ndigbo should not have voted for a Yari,ba peep because Yari.ba would rather drown than vote for Igbo person.
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Living4christ(m): 9:40pm On Jan 19, 2016
Duru1:

Per the bolded, the dumbest fool in the process is the person who knew that those clamoring for Biafra are too dumb but remains irrefutable dumb to let the clamorers sail to their foolishness. Nigeria should make them realize their dumbness by letting go to their poverty stricken homeland.

You are playing God.
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Living4christ(m): 9:51pm On Jan 19, 2016
u see y Igbo's can never leave with u people, it is bcuz u people think achievement is when few people succeed, y Igbos think achievement is when the whole community succeed, Igbo dream bigger, so they can't leave with a dream killer, Igbos aim higher they can't stay with a mediocre, we have not achieved anything as far as I am concerned, during the war igbo scientist produced ammoured car, bombs and other things without foreign help imagine where we would have been if we had actualized bia-fra then.
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Nobody: 5:19am On Oct 28, 2019
TRIBALIST
freshvine:

Go to the office of the Federal Inland Revenue and check the statistics of registered taxable business names and you will discover that the South East form the bulk of federal earnings.

Do you agree that people of the south east are the major importers of goods and services into the country and in the process the highest contributors to federal earnings aside established conglomerates run by foreign concerns.

Do you know that Igboland alone holds 50percent of Nigeria oil spread across the south east and south south. Do you know that the best of Nigeria crude lies in the hinterland of the Igbos and the wicked Nigeria state fragmented these people into several states in the lower delta and sold them propaganda just to wickedly keep them in perpetual disharmony.

Do you know that IBOs have the best brains. Academically,scientifically and technologically they are well exposed. South east has two largest market of international repute in the west africa region. Do you believe the industries in Aba and Onitsha alone dwarfs what can be gotten in the whole of South West. For every lux soap manufactured in Agbara Ogun state by Unilevers Brothers(british conglomerate) 10 of its type is manufactured down here by respective industrialists.

With all this indices, Tell me why the Biafran Republic won't stand if the struggle is real.
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Kahujadekadura: 5:48am On Oct 28, 2019
Mynd44:

I Nigeria is a signatory to ECOWAS but if they decide against policies what will ECOWAS do? What has the UN done against USA?

2. That is why investing in ports in important. If Nigeria breaks up the SE might find themselves landlocked if the SS decides to form their own state. What happens then? But if a SE officially has a stakes in the ports in the Niger Delta, you are at an advantage

3. Look at it this way, you all nationalise investments, who loses more? This is a call for the SE business community to invest more in the SE. A call to the leaders to develop the zone as together and build alliances with people outside.
I think dat Rwandan a landlock and small country but dey are heavinly progressing
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Kahujadekadura: 5:52am On Oct 28, 2019
DankemzI:
My stake on this matter is, what will Akwa Ibom benefit by Aligning with the Biafran's? Remember Akwa Ibom Decides whether Cross River is to join or not
If Akwa Ibom chooses to join Biafra will Cross River answer another country's name in another country ?
I've been told when Biafran soldiers took over Uyo there hurriedly change Ikot Ekpene road to an Igbotic name Does that mean if we join forces with them we've automatically erased our 1. History 2. Personality and 3. Culture ?
When Biafran's soldiers entered Ibiono Ibom, they raped wife's, sisters, mothers, even killed peoples goat and merry. Supposed people you want to create a country with

Thank God!
Ibiono people being wise and crafty led Federal troops across the River were Arochukwu was captured.
If
So now what does Akwa Ibom stand to gain from forming formidable Alliance with South East aka People's Republic of Biafra?
It is high time u HV to diff between Ken Soro Wiwa moonlight stories frm history.if
What is dat igbotic name?
Why is there no documentation about d so called raping of u guys mother?
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by MetaPhysical: 6:01am On Oct 28, 2019
Roughly speaking, there are twenty main dialectal regions in the Ibo nation, which can be conveniently departmentalized as Provinces of an Ibo State, to wit:

Mbamili in the northwest
Aniocha in the west
Anidinma and Ukwuani in the southeast
Nsukka and Udi in the north
Awgu, Awka and Onitsha in the centre
Ogbaru in the south
Abakaliki and Afikpo in the northwest
Okigwi, Orlu, Owerri and Mbaise in the east (This is real Iboland, the rest are Wawa Ibo)
Ngwa, Bende, Abiriba Ohafia and Etche in the southwest.

Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Mynd44: 6:19am On Oct 28, 2019
Kahujadekadura:
I think dat Rwandan a landlock and small country but dey are heavinly progressing
Rwanda is not progressing; What you see is the result of heavy PR campaigns by Kagame
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Uchek(m): 7:01am On Oct 28, 2019
Since the end of the war, The Northerners and Yoruba - civil war buddies have controlled and monopolized the SS oil resources.

In the 21st century, you are still talking about oil. You are very very ignorant

"The Igbos cannot survive a year if the achieve Biafra"

That's the daftest statement l havr ever had. Why are you worried about Biafra? Allow Igbos to worry about their survival

leke12:
Most igbos clamouring for biafra are just too dumb to think deep b4 they act especially when it comes to money. The main reason is their eyes are on Niger delta oil, "imagine that" they want to suppress another nation just for the short term oil goal which will soon be of less importance but I trust all d creek guys, they won't accept. For God sake u can't even develop one state in ur region up to a metropolitan with all d so call 'igbo is bless', "igbo is jews", "igbo is hardworking" and then u want a whole country. Wao! U must be the 'wisest tribe' on earth, my experience in Abia was noting to write home about. U guys are actually living and feeding on other regions. U can't even survive a year if u ever achieve ur biafra, I just pity those igbos wey dey ff dat ur so call biafra leader(d guy get dual citizenship and gbege na to run go ireland.
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 28, 2019
To whom Biafra concerns wants Biafra

Unfortunately Our leaders has been compromised all they care is to worship the caliphate because they decide who wins and who losses in election it doesn't matter who you vote and how many votes...once you're in tie's with the caliphate your election will be cancelled or taken to court where they will have the upper hand....

We are not counting on any Igbo leaders for Biafra because they have all been compromised some said you can't get Biafra without your leaders and I tell them the only thing that's not in an Igbo mans vocabulary bank is CAN'T if you tell him you CAN'T or IT HAS NEVER BEEN DONE then you watch him do it....its as simple as that....thats our potential that's what God blessed us with...thats what we have to offer Nigeria but instead Nigeria choose to be clipping our wings so we all can be the same economically...

IF YOU CANT LET ME HARNESS MY FULL POTENTIALS THEN LET ME GO MY WAY AND FORM A GOVERNMENT AND POLICY THAT WILL GIVE ME A BETTER ENVIRONMENT TO HARNESS MY FULL POTENTIAL SO I CAN MOVE ON WITH THE REST OF THE WORLD....Bikonu how is this a crime...I ga aju ochicha ju igaga?

A 1HR JOURNEY IS SOUTH EAST HAS 8-10POLICE CHECK POINTS BUT THERE'S NO CIVIL UNREST IN THE REGION BUT IN NORTH WHERE BOKOHARAM IS BOMBING THERES NO CHECK POINTS

WHEN A WESTERN NIGERIANS INPORTS IT LANDS IN HIS REGION

WHEN A NORTHERN IMPORTS IT LANDS IN WEST THEN TRANSPORTED TO HIM TO NORTH TO CLEAR IT THERE IN NORTH AT NO EXTRA COST

WHEN AN EASTERN IMPORTS IT LANDS IN LAGOS THEN HE CLEARS IT IN LAGOS THEN TAKE IT BY ROAD OF ABOUT 6-7HRS DRIVE WHERE HE MEETS DIFFERENT CHECKPOINTS AND TAXES TO PAY AND SETTLE ON THE ROAD BEFORE THE GOODS GETS TO HIS REGION THE PRICE OF GOODS WILL BE HIGH

IF MY CHILD WANTS TO GAIN ADMITTION INTO HIS FAVOURITE UNIVERSITY HE HAS TO SCORE 180 IN JAMB BUT THAT OF A NORTHERN OR WESTERN NEEDS TO SCORE BELOW FOR SAME UNIVERSITY!

IF I WANT TO TRAVEL BY AIR I WILL NEED TO COME TO LAGOS OR ABUJA ON SIX HOURS ROAD TRIP OR LOCAL FLIGHT AT AN EXTRA COST BUT WHEN YOU TRAVEL FROM AND LAND IN YOUR OWN REGION @NO EXTRA COST

AND YOU WANT ME TO BE HAPPY AND ANSWER A NIGERIAN WITH YOU chineke kpokwa gi oku!
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by MetaPhysical: 7:20am On Oct 28, 2019
Mynd44:
I don’t really like to look at past mistakes except I want to see what I could have done better and put it into my going forward. Not even mop about what I could have done about it in the past. It happened, it happened. The whole issues about pogrom or genocide is just a long story for the history books and holding on to the past is not going to make you go forward so what do you do? Look to the nearest and far future.

This politics of “We are Igbos” has to stop especially at the federal level. Learn to play politics where you make friends (even if you have to pretend). Do you think Lagos got the federal government to move a lot of companies there because they have more senators? Hell no. They made friends with those they can make friends with, sacrificed what they can and got what they can get. Remember a tight hand not only keeps what it has but also not receive anything.

Igbos love to talk about how many houses they have outside the south east or how many business interests they have outside the south east but at what gain? You set up a factory in Oyo and pay tax to the Oyo state government, employ more citizens(indigenes and non indigenes) of Oyo and add to the GDP of Oyo so you can brag? Why not set it up in Ebonyi?

I don’t understand how Ifeanyi Ubah can come out to say Igbos are taking over Lagos and brag about how “they” won House of Representative seats there. Who will they represent, the south east or Lagosians(Lagosians here being both indigenes and non indigenes)? They are there to develop Lagos. Why will Ifeanyi Ubah say “Igbos will install the governor of Lagos”? You are simply playing politics where everyone else will be hostile towards you. Look even if you have Biafra as your goal, pretend to belong and be a part so you can get what will develop you

There has been this issue of other regions cutting food supplies to Biafra if it is ever created and then you hear Igbos say they will also cut oil supplies but before thinking of alienating yourselves in the event of a Biafra, why not just open your doors with the North in terms of trade as it concerns food? Why must it be malice (not necessarily violence)?

No one has the monopoly of farming but is the south east investing in farming right now? Learn from what happened the last time when food was cut off and stop thinking about how you will cut off oil supplies. What if the states in the South-South decide not to join and decide to form their own country (It can happen)? Everyone trades according to what they gain and if anyone offers them money, they will sell oil to them. Nigeria uses merely 400,000 barrels of oil each day, the oil deposits in Ondo and Edo(if you believe Edo will be part of a Biafra then you need to think about it again) can sort that out. The government is also talking of continuing the search in the Lake Chad region. Deposits have been found in Lagos, with Dangote building a 650,000 barrels per day refinery and Oando following up with a 350,000 barrels per day. The country will be a refining hub in West Africa and with that can afford to buy raw crude and export the products.

But what happens to the people of Igbo descent who has billions in investment in places outside the South East or the places that might not be part of Biafra? The loss to these people will be huge as the government of the country you leave might just nationalise them if you decide you want to leave with malice and the continual threats by people like Kanu Nnamdi of Radio Biafra.

Think of developing the SE as a short term goal with Biafra as a long term goal else the future (near and far) is going to be hellish.

http://www.megahub.com.ng/to-get-biafra-forget-about-biafra/

grin
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by manuelreports: 8:07am On Oct 28, 2019
leke12:
Trash as Usual, the survival of Biafra is not your concern. Hug your Fulani friend and mind your one Nigeria Business. Nobody cares about your opinion about Biafra. Now let me shock you, if 40 years after Biafra War Igbos whose region was totally destroyed to ashes and their economy ravaged and malnutrition killed millions of people are now the economic back bone of the country controlling virtually every sector of Nigeria economy. Just imagine how far Biafra must have gone when when it will be celebrating its 20 years anniversary as a sovereign state.
Perhaps you have been programmed to suffer and smile and that is why you are so comfortable with the epileptic nature of Nigeria socio-economic development with endemic corruption eating deep into the fabric of Nigeria political Landscape.
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by adoboy04(m): 10:09am On Oct 28, 2019
Udmaster:
Nice write up BUT quite a biased analysis.. Why do South East have the least number of states? why is a state like Ebonyi so low in Allocation sharing? Why is there lack of Federal Presence in South East? Why didn't the FG Rebuild the South East after the war?
South East Governors(like Mbakwe,nnamani, ogbonnaya onu etc) REBUILT the region after the war by THEMSELVES.. Yet the South East States are standing and still progressing with the Highest Number of Middle Class Families in Nigeria.
That's what we are saying, Igbo always brag and that's their problems. I heard the war also took place in Edo,delta,balyesa,rivers, akwaibom, and cross river. While crying to fg to come and repair ur side and besides ur states have been collecting allocation since after the war.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See The Imo State Chief Who Have Ladies Exposing Their Breast Around Him (photos / Boko Haram Fighters Ambush Civilian JTF, Hunters In Yobe, Many Feared Killed / Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.