Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,321 members, 7,780,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:23 PM

Attributes Of God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Attributes Of God (4209 Views)

1000 NAMES, TITLES, AND ATTRIBUTES OF GOD (A-Z)WITH BIBLE VERSES / Attributes Of The Jewish God Yahweh / The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Attributes Of God by Jesarmy(f): 11:08pm On Apr 05, 2009
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me though he were dead, yet shall he live.John 11:25.
Re: Attributes Of God by Truth11: 5:28am On Apr 06, 2009
He is a God of justice, the guilty have no place to run and hide - he will catch up with them even on moon, or mars, or hades, no place to hide even after death - Praise God, what an assurance!

"The LORD, the LORD, the compassionate and gracious God,  . . . . .  . .   Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished". Exod 34:7

It is such a blessing to know this attribute of God when people keep doing wrong to you. This is what makes the God of the Bible a perfect God!! Knowing this attribute is so important in the present times with injustice and wickedness all around us. There is no level play for the righteous, the wicked play without any rules and the righteous restrain themselves even when they are right and keep to the rules (as far as possible. At times their patience gives way).
Re: Attributes Of God by Truth11: 5:32am On Apr 06, 2009
he is a God of Justice:

"Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. 18If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord." Rom 12:17-19
Re: Attributes Of God by Truth11: 5:41am On Apr 06, 2009
The God of the Bile is a good Shepherd. The best person to trust your life with.
"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep." John 10:11

If you give your life to this good shepherd you can rest in peace as nobody can snatch you for eternity!
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. John 10:28
Re: Attributes Of God by Jesarmy(f): 11:41am On Apr 16, 2009
JESUS is Faithful and True.
And I saw heaven opened,and behold a white horse;and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.Revelations 19:11
Re: Attributes Of God by Jesarmy(f): 3:04am On May 21, 2009
JESUS GIVES PEACE
Peace I leave with you,my peace I give unto you:not as the world giveth,give I unto you.Let not your heart be troubled,neither let it be afraid.John 14:27
Re: Attributes Of God by Image123(m): 1:26pm On May 21, 2009
Psalm 84v11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
Re: Attributes Of God by boladonas(m): 3:25am On Jun 21, 2009
Who is like unto thee O Lord
Who is Like unto thee
Glorious in Holiness
Fearful in Praises
Always doing wonders

He is a wonder working God!!!
Re: Attributes Of God by Jesarmy(f): 1:17am On Aug 06, 2009
[b]Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised;and his greatness is unsearchable.[/b]Psalm145:3
Re: Attributes Of God by Jesarmy(f): 1:37am On Aug 24, 2009
God is my salvation and strength
Behold God is my salvation,I will trust and not be afraid:for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song : he also is become my salvation. Isaiah12:2
Re: Attributes Of God by Jesarmy(f): 2:35pm On Sep 06, 2009
Isaiah 43:15
I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.
Re: Attributes Of God by Jesarmy(f): 1:06pm On Sep 27, 2009
Isaiah 54:10

For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.
Re: Attributes Of God by herniec(f): 6:20pm On Sep 29, 2009
The attributes of God include:

1. His omnipotence
2. His self-existence
3. His immutability
4. His omnipresence
5. His omniscience

The natural mind of mortals cannot understand God. For instance, it is quite unexplainable how Jesus is God. Whether God is a:

1. Shield
2. Light
3. Fortress
4 etc.

His name "I am that I am" (that is, Ehyeh asher Ehyeh) means "I will be anything to you as the occassion demands." So, we see Him manifest in diverse forms. He is the all-sufficient God.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

20 - 20 Questions From Huxley In The Huxley-Noetic Marathon / How Old Was Adam When God Created Him? / Overcoming Fornication And Saving Your Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.