Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,424 members, 7,781,238 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:07 AM

Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million (12169 Views)

Nigerian Pilgrims’ Cocaine Scandal : Buhari Angry With Ndlea / N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account / JUST IN: Buhari Declared The Winner In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Firefire(m): 2:00pm On Jun 07, 2015
[size=18pt]Scandal: Buhari’s declared asset close to N900Million,but allegedly borrowed N27Million from the Bank to be able to pay for his nomination paper as a candidate..”[/size] —Dr. Wumi Akintide

I am predicting that the Buhari Government are going to have the shortest honeymoon with Nigerians and many of their ardent supporters in the mainstream and social media and rightly so. Unless Buhari changes his current lethargic and snail speed approach to governance, he is going nowhere but down to put it bluntly.

There is no way Buhari is going to meet the huge expectations of Nigerians if he continues to drag his feet and simply look the other way all because he wants to be too careful and painstaking in taking decision. I know there is a limit to how much we can expect from a 73 year old man who is probably going to fall asleep or take a fall climbing the steps like 90 year old Robert Mugabe has been doing lately to the total embarrassment of Zimbabwe because the man does not know where to draw the line and call it quit.

Nigerians fully understand that Buhari is not a Houdini or Professor Moshudi Peller, Nigerian greatest magician. Buhari himself has tried to lower Nigerians’ expectation on that score because he probably knows his limitations. Some of you might think it is too early to start passing judgment on Buhari but I am going to do it because I care too much about the man because I knew him in his prime as an incorruptible leader with very low tolerance level for corruption.

I was a little bit taken aback when the man recently declared his asset. It was close to 900 million Naira. Here was a man who had to borrow 27 million from the Bank to be able to pay for his nomination paper as a candidate. Nigerians now know that the man is far much richer than he wanted Nigerians to believe when he started his campaign. That asset compared to any of his peers like Babangida, Sani Abacha, Obasanjo, Abdulsalam Abubakar, and Ebele Jonathan has to be viewed as only a drop in the ocean. I sure get that but I am still a bit surprised. The asset he declared was done like the old one where he could not be charged for perjury or over-up if he or his Vice President had lied in the declaration. It was nonsense pure and simple…

I am aware that other African leaders like Mobutu Sese Seko, Houphet Boigny, and Emperor Jean Bokasa were far much richer in their life time than most of our leaders, but you still have to wonder how our leaders plunder their countries to get richer the whole country. Ebele Jonathan the shoeless canoe man of Otuoke is almost as rich as Bill Gates or Dangote today if you add the wealth of his power-drunk first lady.

I fully understand that Buhari who has voluntarily dropped his title of a General in the Nigerian Army is proceeding with great caution because he does not want to look like a dictator or being blackmailed or stigmatized as one by the PDP, and even by some elements in his own party who want to act and behave like the PDP did for 16 years of total impunity and recklessness in Nigeria

I concur that Buhari needs to proceed with caution but caution is one thing and lethargy, sloppiness and foolhardiness belong to a different kettle of fish for a man who was a former Head of State for 20 months from August 1983 as a military dictator. They constitute a different ballgame and for a man who has sought the office of a civilian President for 12 consecutive years and should have been fully ready to know some of the things he wants to do, and some of the individuals he would need to get the job done. He ought to have known what the Nigerian Constitution would permit him to do with the consensus of his party majority in both Houses of Parliament. He does not come away now like a man who has gone thru that baptism of fire and conviction. He does not look to me like a proactive President right now. He looks like somebody waiting to react to events as they occur which is not good enough.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Firefire(m): 2:00pm On Jun 07, 2015
Buhari should have had a rapid response team in place by now to help him define his order of priorities after March 28 when it became clear he has won the election, and after his nemesis has conceded victory without wasting time. The magnanimous concession by President Jonathan should have given Buhari a leg up to fine-tune some of his the things he wants to do on taking over from Jonathan on May 29 just like David Cameron has been doing in Britain. He should have seized the opportunity of his inaugural address to demonstrate that conviction more forcefully than he did.

He should have given his listeners some concrete ideas about where he wanted to take Nigeria beyond his election campaign rhetoric. That we still don’t know who is Secretary to Government is going to be up till now is a proof the man is far from ready to lead. It could also be a proof that there is a big division in the rank and file of the APC. That is not something they can be proud of having waited for 16 years to come this far. Chairman of the Party, John Odigie Oyegun as a former Administrator and Permanent Secretary should have known that.

By failing to do a few things, Buhari is beginning to lose some credibility and traction in my judgment sad to say. The APC ought to be fully aware that they have their job cut out for them because the PDP is not going to give them a breathing space at all because the PDP is understandably aggrieved and very unhappy to have been kicked out of office and denied 4 more years of anomie and total hopelessness that have become their legacy as a the biggest party in Africa.

The APC has woken up a sleeping lion from its slumber and some of their members are going to go after the APC with vengeance, and rightly so, because Politics is a blood sport in much of the third world believe it or not.

Credit: Dr. Wumi Akintide

http://republicreporters.com/scandal-buharis-declared-asset-close-to-n900millionbut-allegedly-borrowed-n27million-from-the-bank-to-be-able-to-pay-for-his-nomination-paper-as-a-candidate-dr-wumi-akintide/

Cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Shine1177: 2:01pm On Jun 07, 2015
The main reason he made a U-turn on his pledge of public declaration. Many will be dissapointed.
#GodSaveNigeria

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by DickDastardly(m): 2:01pm On Jun 07, 2015
cry cry cry cry cry
And Jesus wept!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 07, 2015
"Am poor
I don't ve house in abuja or lagos
I ve only #1m in ma acct
I only ve 150 cows"
Jesus! Buhari has scammed us

Make I sit down and watch how dose thugs support #babaonechance
Even lie muhamMAD dhe learn for where Buhari dhe lie

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by agarawu23(m): 2:03pm On Jun 07, 2015
mitcheew
tell us more undecided

of recent you guys accused him of 2.4 billion mansion now you are telling us his net worth is 900m.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Firefire(m): 2:03pm On Jun 07, 2015
where do we go from here...?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by tucky200(m): 2:05pm On Jun 07, 2015
Only kids will believe this

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Mynd44: 2:05pm On Jun 07, 2015
Ebele Jonathan the shoeless canoe man of Otuoke is almost as rich as Bill Gates or Dangote today if you add the wealth of his power-drunk first lady.
Oh come on...this guy is some people's hero oooo

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 07, 2015
I thought Buhari only had N1 million in his account?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 07, 2015
no b only 900Million na 900Billion.. Were people

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by atlwireles: 2:07pm On Jun 07, 2015
You got punked by the alamjiri liar grin grin grin grin grin By the way N900M is still a false declaration.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by talktimi(m): 2:07pm On Jun 07, 2015
Only 900 m million sef. Chicken change cool

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by papoose999(m): 2:07pm On Jun 07, 2015

1 Like

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Firefire(m): 2:08pm On Jun 07, 2015

1 Like

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 07, 2015
YAWA! Yeeeeeeeee! 900M WORTH OF ASSESTS IN THESE TIMES!

&

HE IS POOR!
&

HE CANT BUY NOMINATION FORM!
SCAM O! SCAM O! SCAM O!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by DickDastardly(m): 2:10pm On Jun 07, 2015
Mynd44:

Oh come on...this guy is some people's hero oooo
And thats all you extracted? undecided undecided
Now your Hero is almost turning out a Barabas and to think you hypocrites rejected jesus grin grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by tucky200(m): 2:11pm On Jun 07, 2015
undecided
Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Beremx(f): 2:11pm On Jun 07, 2015
PMB is yet to declare his asset and some people are already predicting his worth. TANoids sha

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by abduljabbar4(m): 2:11pm On Jun 07, 2015
Nairaland should start banning people for spreading false information. The op is a goat

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 07, 2015
Firefire:
where do we go from here...?
Commit dis country into d hands of God

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Trut(m): 2:12pm On Jun 07, 2015
Following

1 Like

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Firefire(m): 2:12pm On Jun 07, 2015
Beremx:
PMB is yet to declare his asset and some people are already predicting his worth. TANoids sha

Only enemies speak the truth; friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty. - Stephen King

12 Likes

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by rabimlomo: 2:12pm On Jun 07, 2015
Ok
Firefire:

We shall be objective in our criticisms. However, Nigerians demands accountability and truthfulness from PMB.
Finito!

Dr Wunmi Akintide never said Buhari declared 900 million naira!!! God! Why are you PDP members like this. That was how you guys were trying to assassinate Buhari's character all through the campaign through lies and same backfired on you. Is it not time to give it a rest already and wait for him to start implementing policies. Eventually your case will just be like the case of the boy who cried wolf.

This is the original article by dr wunmi Akintide

http://saharareporters.com/2015/06/04/apc-and-buhari-are-going-have-shortest-honeymoon-nigerians-dr-wumi-akintide

And by the way, Buhari never ever said he had 1million naira. And 900million in total asset is chicken change. Some of his properties must have appreciated over time. We know of people who bought lands for 50 thousand naira just 10 years ago and the worth of the land is now 1 million naira if not more than. So I actually expect his total worth will be more than 900million. Loba tan. tongue

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Mynd44: 2:13pm On Jun 07, 2015
DickDastardly:

And thats all you extracted? undecided undecided
Now your Hero is almost turning out a Barabas and to think you hypocrites rejected jesus grin grin
In some dark part of you, you believe I am a supporter of Buhari....
Lmaooooo

3 Likes

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by juman(m): 2:14pm On Jun 07, 2015
I don't believe the news, but 900 million naira worth of properties in villages and cities is not much.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Firefire(m): 2:16pm On Jun 07, 2015
Mynd44:

In some dark part of you, you believe I am a supporter of Buhari....
Lmaooooo

So you are also one of the few patriotic Nigerians ? shocked wink

5 Likes

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 07, 2015
Buhari may be the president of firsts. First president to unseat a rulling party, and also first president to be impeached by popular mandate of the people.

3 Likes

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by tucky200(m): 2:17pm On Jun 07, 2015
Tanoids can embarass themselves

First he owns a house of 2.4billion
Now hez worth 900million

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by san316(m): 2:17pm On Jun 07, 2015
I guess the OP has used FOI to get PMB's asset declaration. That is a good one anyway. If he likes, let him be 200billion naira rich. I don't give a damn.

4 Likes

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Beremx(f): 2:19pm On Jun 07, 2015
Firefire:

Only enemies speak the truth; friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty. - Stephen King
I guess you jumped the part where the writer of the article said Jonathan is now richer than Bill Gates and Dangote.

Hypocrite!

Btw, 900million naira is small sef. I thought the Op would say 900billion naira. Mtscheeew!

Oniranu kaba kaba!

18 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019: Despite Presidential Veto, INEC Forecloses Use Of Incident Form / Fuel Vouchers: A Better Way To Subsidize Fuel? / Kemi Adeosun Impresses Bond Investors In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.