Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,620 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola (25970 Views)

President Buhari Lands In Kaduna Airport, Uses Helicopter To Abuja (Video) / Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. / Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola by Johnnyessence(m): 4:27pm On Jun 07, 2015
The Peoples Democratic Party has advised Osun State Governor, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola, to sell the helicopter purchased for security surveillance and stop “wasteful spending” in order to raise money to pay salaries of workers in the state.

The Director of Media and Strategy of the PDP in Osun State, Mr. Diran Odeyemi, gave this advice in a statement made available to our correspondent in Osoogbo on Sunday.

The statement read, “The PDP is urging the government to sell the helicopter Governor Aregbesola said was procured for the state and he should stop frivolous trips to Cuba.

“What this administration told us was that the helicopter was to be used for surveillance, but we have since discovered that the machine is only serving the traveling needs of Mr. Aregbesola and his family. This remains one draining pipe that must be blocked.

“The governor and his aides should also forthwith stop traveling in chartered aircraft around the world. If President Muhammadu Buhari could be traveling on British Airways, even when aircrafts in Presidential fleet are available, there is need for Governor Aregbesola to borrow a leaf.”

The opposition party also accused the governor of wasting the the state’s resources on politics and arming of a group of youth he called “State Boys.”

The PDP called on the new members of the Osun State House of Assembly not to turn themselves to rubber stamp of the executive arm of the government.

According to the party, the people of the state now place their hope on the lawmakers to check the ‘excesses of the governor’ in the interest of the masses.

The statement read further, “It is also fresh in our minds, the huge amount Ogbeni Aregbesola expended on the last Ekiti governorship poll, Lagos governorship poll, and the Presidential project of the All Progressive Congress, APC.

“Also, a group of miscreants called ‘State Boys’ are being illegal armed and financed by government to unleash terror on many indigenes of the state by the ruling party.

“All these actions and many other wasteful spending led us to where we are now, which if they could be reversed, could bring financial reserves for the state.

“But if Ogbeni Aregbesola will not treat this advise with disdain, and henceforth, begin to act as governor of all, we believe at least, he will be able to pay few months of the backlog of salaries owed workers and retirees.”

However, the governor described the suggestions and allegations from the opposition party as infantile.

Speaking through a statement issued by his media aide, Mr. Semiu Okanlawon, Aregbesola said the PDP was just seeking cheap publicity with their suggestions and spurious allegations.

The statement read, “It is disheartening this is how degenerate PDP has become in their thinking process. They screamed ignorantly about two years ago that Osun procured a helicopter with a sum of N8 billion. We had asked them to find out the cost of a Boeing plane let alone a helicopter which was only leased and it was to beef up the Osun Swift Action Squad for its aerial surveilance. This was clear to all in the state that the helicopter was procured as part of the Rauf Aregbesola administration’s comprehensive security measures to drive criminals far away from the state.

“For the PDP in its narrow thinking to tell us to sell the helicopter is a sign of intellectual laziness. The allegations that Aregbesola uses the helicopter for his personal use lack any evidence.

“It is obvious the PDP, after it has reached its final bus stop of defeat rigmarole, as typified by the Supreme Court decision of May 27, is merely looking for something to keep it relevant.

“The people of Osun need adequate security which PDP failed to provide throughout Nigeria in its 16 years of misrule. The People of Osun require good governance which the PDP could not give them. I therefore advise that shameful lies such as those Odeyemi cooked up again and threw to the media would not help the party. They would help sink it deeper.”
www.punchng.com/news/sell-helicopter-to-pay-workers-pdp-tells-aregbesola/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola by Johnnyessence(m): 4:27pm On Jun 07, 2015
chaii pdp again. hmmm we are patiently waitingoooo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola by Elslim: 4:30pm On Jun 07, 2015
true talk

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola by Ezenwammadu(m): 4:33pm On Jun 07, 2015
The PDP is urging the government to sell the
helicopter Governor Aregbesola said was procured for the state
and he should stop frivolous trips to Cuba.
“What this administration told us was that the helicopter was to be
used for surveillance, but we have since discovered that the
machine is only serving the traveling needs of Mr. Aregbesola and
his family. This remains one draining pipe that must be blocked.
What a useless rascal called aregbese.The people of osun loves poverty and hunger lf not their should have been serious protest demanding for the rascal to go

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 07, 2015
Let d people of osun suffer
What am I, I wasn't paid salary for months prior to d election buh I still voted for a mad man?

Ans=osun people foolish people

124 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola by Firefire(m): 4:39pm On Jun 07, 2015
Ko si Omoluabi Kankan lara ogbeni yi sha.

- You wasted Osun State resources changing the name from Osun State to "State of Osun" what is the economic benefit of that project?

- You started a project you cannot finish. Building of an airport in Osun when the nearest Airport at Ibadan is only 45 Minutes drive to Osogbo the state capital.

- You begin the free-feeding of school children, now you cannot continue with it.

- The road you started from Osogbo linking all neighboring states are all abandoned already.

- You were busy constructing the tallest drum in the world, what is the economic benefit now ?

- You were busy sharing the state fund during the last Presidential election, now you are on RED!

- All your O'Yes projects are now moribund.

I appeal to the workers in Osun State to continue praying, if you cannot demand this guys step down.
[size=18pt]

Raufu Aregbesola is an example of a failed leader.
[/size]

132 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola by Firefire(m): 4:40pm On Jun 07, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Let d people of osun suffer
[s]What am I, I wasn't paid salary for months prior to d election buh I still voted for a mad man[/s]?

Please stop!

The election was rigged.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 07, 2015
[quote author=Firefire post=34525303][/quote] I don't tink so Omisore was never a better candidate to tackle aregbese If u tink odawise, pls explain how d election was rigged Like to know #shalom

3 Likes

Re: Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola by ShowYourCertificate: 4:44pm On Jun 07, 2015
So Aregbesola is still owing workers their salary? This is so so bad. This is not the change Nigerians bargained for. I doubt if the Daura President would call him to order. This is so so sad sad

[size=25pt]#AregbeRascal
#APCOneChance
#BabaOneChance
[/size]

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola by Firefire(m): 4:45pm On Jun 07, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

I don't tink so
Omisore was never a better candidate to tackle aregbese
If u tink odawise, pls explain how d election was rigged
Like to know
#shalom

Irrespective of what happened.

We should not generalized good people of Osun in our classification.

Please refer only to the misbehaved waster only. (Raufu Aregbesola)

Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola by DjHypno(m): 4:45pm On Jun 07, 2015
K
Re: Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola by Kentrasso(f): 4:45pm On Jun 07, 2015
Hypocrites.

Remove the mole in your eye first!

1 Like

Re: Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola by INTROVERT(f): 4:45pm On Jun 07, 2015
This is grin
Re: Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola by Fhemmmy: 4:45pm On Jun 07, 2015
Would be nice to know the value of the helicopter and coat of maintenance.... also, what are/is the plan of the government to make sure that salaries are paid.
Thought even the FG was owing salary before the election and yet billions was spent on the said election.

I hope one day soon, it will be illegal to b owe workers... though impossible but I still wish

2 Likes

Re: Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 07, 2015
Hahahahaha
Re: Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola by LMAyedun(m): 4:45pm On Jun 07, 2015
I've always said it that AregbeRascal is a criminal.. undecided

Giving a bad name to APC.

10 Likes

Re: Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola by Nokiae5: 4:46pm On Jun 07, 2015
military no military pastor no pastor
na white man go save this country

4 Likes

Re: Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola by drey076(m): 4:47pm On Jun 07, 2015
Sure, this is d first time PDP will b saying something reasonable

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 07, 2015
u people should leave this man alone,is He the only one owing.ogbeni carry go joor,abia,imo and alaigbo is owing leave aregbe alone
Re: Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola by tswitch: 4:47pm On Jun 07, 2015
No ounce of pity whatsoever for Osun workers. They already laid their beds for "CHANGE", it is now time to lay on them.

22 Likes

Re: Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 07, 2015
PDP kettle calling pot black.

1 Like

Re: Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola by 15thMonica: 4:48pm On Jun 07, 2015
Ajimobi u dey hear so

pay Oyo workers Ooo

btw, aregbe do d needful

my signature..

3 Likes

Re: Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola by loomer: 4:49pm On Jun 07, 2015
Make una leave that fool called a governor.

Although I no blame am, na wetin osun people want them get.

2 Likes

Re: Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola by dedons: 4:49pm On Jun 07, 2015
K
Re: Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 07, 2015
Firefire:

Irrespective of what happened.
We should not generalized good people of Osun in our classification.
Please refer only to the misbehaved waster only. (Raufu Aregbesola)
Thank you.
Anyways Anytin dat happens in osun state stays in osun state Dis is where tinubu shld play an important role He shld open his vault and lend osun some "change"

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola by 2oddMASTER: 4:50pm On Jun 07, 2015
Abi o,oga governor olx the chopper now

3 Likes

Re: Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola by Dmony: 4:50pm On Jun 07, 2015
That will be enough to pay workers abi. Prodigal sons in PDP
Re: Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola by charlesucheh(m): 4:50pm On Jun 07, 2015
The war has just started, but the oppositions are advancing too fast. Isn't that signs of inexperience?
Re: Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola by mployer(m): 4:50pm On Jun 07, 2015
Re: Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola by Drsheddy(m): 4:50pm On Jun 07, 2015
K
Re: Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola by Firefire(m): 4:51pm On Jun 07, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Anyways
Anytin dat happens in osun state stays in osun state
Dis is where tinubu shld play an important role
He shld open his vault and lend osun some "change"

Rotimi Amaechi came to the rescue before re-electing the failed entity.

3 Likes

Re: Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola by PRYCE(m): 4:51pm On Jun 07, 2015
Aregbe the thug! By the way, who gave That Minion the effrontery to use the phrase ' good governance ' when he's owing State workers Salary running into months??

Cuba? That man may be into drugs!

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Fire Bullets On IPOB Demanding For Release Of Their Members In Rivers / 2023: Shettima Hints At Buhari Endorsing Tinubu As Presidential Candidate / Is This Really GEJ In An OGBONI Fraternity Outfit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.