Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. (13885 Views)

Is It Advisable To Change From 5w40 To 5w30 Oil To Service My Car? / Coastal Engine Oil 5w30 And Mercon V Atf Needed Urgently / Morgas 5w30 Oil Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by disloman(m): 10:07pm On Jun 11, 2015
Ebi4life:
what is the price for 5 litres? does it require treatment. I saw milemaster 5w30 oil made specifically for toyota corolla, the price is 8,000 naira. it is too expensive.
8000naira expensive?Price d engine of dcar n see which ismore expensive.

1 Like

Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by disloman(m): 10:13pm On Jun 11, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Mobil1 5W30
Total 5W40
Toyota 5W30
Toyota 5W40
Toyota 5W20
Penzoil 5W30
Castrol 5W30

All these oils cost around 8-12k for 4liters, any one selling synthetic oil less than 6k is selling rubbish.
Oga GAZZUZZ!There r synthetic n full synthetic engine oil.This is a new engine oil from Honda.

Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by disloman(m): 10:21pm On Jun 11, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
A lot of engine oil marketers on this thread.

Meanwhile even HONYEYWELL noodles have started selling synthetic oils. grin
Haven't u seen d HONEYWELL brake pads?
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by Macmilla(m): 8:04am On Jun 12, 2015
disloman:
Oga GAZZUZZ!There r synthetic n full synthetic engine oil.This is a new engine oil from Honda.
How much is it?
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by disloman(m): 8:18am On Jun 12, 2015
Macmilla:
How much is it?
8k 4 4litres.
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by Kbshownour(m): 11:07am On Jun 12, 2015
Amasco is the best oli for our country kind of weather
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by Macmilla(m): 8:13pm On Jun 12, 2015
Kbshownour:
Amasco is the best oli for our country kind of weather
Why do people keep talking about our weather like we live in hell?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by abatically(m): 11:48pm On Jun 12, 2015
Macmilla:

Why do people keep talking about our weather like we live in hell?

Mean, the thing tire me. Our hottest temperature is around 38 degrees Celsius in the north, normal engine operating temperature is between 80-90 degrees. They are not even close.
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by Macmilla(m): 12:09am On Jun 13, 2015
abatically:

Mean, the thing tire me. Our hottest temperature is around 38 degrees Celsius in the north, normal engine operating temperature is between 80-90 degrees. They are not even close.
Nigeria is not even close to the hottest country in the world and I'm sure those countries don't "tropicalise". What I'm sure we have in abundance is a bunch of mechanics who don't know shii about modern cars and have not the right tools. How many mechanics can boasts of a simple obdII scanner? Yet we want to work on cars that run on ICs. The main tools of an average naija mech is spanners to lose any nut standing in their way, a plier to yank off any do can't be loved and a hammer to.....you know what.
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by Macmilla(m): 10:32pm On Jun 17, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Just warming up.
Please give us the info on Lubex. I can't find much about it on the net. It says synthetic, but the container and label looks weird. Please enlighten us. Would you advise its use?
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:17pm On Jun 17, 2015
Macmilla:

Please give us the info on Lubex. I can't find much about it on the net. It says synthetic, but the container and label looks weird. Please enlighten us. Would you advise its use?

I cannot find any info online about it.
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by Macmilla(m): 11:23pm On Jun 17, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

I cannot find any info online about it.
And that's my problem with it. If it's not known out there, then it might as well be a palm oil produced by my grandmother in the village. I think I'll go with milemaster or coastal though they are semi synthetic.

What exactly is the disadvantages of using semi synthetic oil?
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by aaidel(m): 12:44am On Jun 18, 2015
so according to OP 8000 is too expensive for a fully synthetic oil that would probably be changed 2-3 times a year some people deserve whatever comes their way abeg oga Gazzuz keep enlightening those that have ear to listen for the rest we have engines for sale at good prices angry grin grin grin grin
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by honmusa(m): 7:11am On Jun 18, 2015
Macmilla:

Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by Macmilla(m): 8:07am On Jun 18, 2015
honmusa:

Automedics use Lubex for their customers, they recommend it , sell it and also available on konga
http://automedicsafrica.com/engine-oil/
I don't know who automedics are and I don't know why I should take their recommendations.
We need info on the specifications of the oil and info on the manufacturer. I saw something on Lubex, but they never mentioned anything about this particular product. So you can understand my skepticism.
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:43pm On Jun 18, 2015
honmusa:

You can contact autologic @08061166316 to make your order with premium guard oil filter
http://www.pgfilters.com/

Spreads my mat, watching. grin
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by honmusa(m): 5:30am On Jun 19, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Bros Gazzuzz ,make I quickly dash out go buy beer for you,abi u go take ishi ewu join !!.. shocked shocked shocked

Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by Macmilla(m): 9:07am On Jun 19, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Oga, no spread mat, we need your contribution.
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by Ebi4life: 12:10pm On Jun 19, 2015
aaidel:
so according to OP 8000 is too expensive for a fully synthetic oil that would probably be changed 2-3 times a year some people deserve whatever comes their way abeg oga Gazzuz keep enlightening those that have ear to listen for the rest we have engines for sale at good prices angry grin grin grin grin
pls sir, enlighten me on which oil is refered to as full synthetic and which is semi synthetic.
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by aaidel(m): 10:36pm On Jun 19, 2015
Ebi4life:
pls sir, enlighten me on which oil is refered to as full synthetic and which is semi synthetic.

do you mean the brands or the definition of synthetic and semi synthetic? Both of which have been touched on in the thread
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by Piyke: 4:20pm On Jun 20, 2015
Funny enough, my Honda manual says that even if using synthetic oil, you should keep to the recommended scheduled oil change intervals undecided
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by honmusa(m): 6:38am On Jun 22, 2015
lomomike:
now I know you're a Kazeem with access to online resource yet unwilling to learn. My advice is you learn current trend. OP, your car don't use up to 5litres of oil read your owners manual its specified there. If you try it get ready to buy another engine
Oga Mike ,U suppose understand na ,I purposely put the required oil capacity for the op to see which is 4.2 litre ,but the op can not get 4.2 litre keg na ,the nearest available capacity he can buy as a keg from oil shelf is 5 liter or 5qt(4.7liter) . ops will definitely refill to his required capacity keeping the remaining .
Beside,no kazeem will be able to utilize my kind of resource o. cheesy cheesy

Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by Denc: 9:26am On Oct 19, 2015
Piyke:
Funny enough, my Honda manual says that even if using synthetic oil, you should keep to the recommended scheduled oil change intervals undecided

Just stumbled on this thread...your observation is correct.

After having a failed engine and been told that the "knock" was either due to a failed engine oil pump OR the actual engine oil (manufacturer recommended 5W20) thinning out at high temperatures and high-speed driving (engine failed on the Sagamu-Ore-Benin expressway); here's my view and my plan going forward:
- I do not think the manufacturer specs of 5W20 is the problem even though the vehicle was manufactured in US and is now used in Nigeria (different climes and conditions)
- The real problem is - does the can actually contain what the label says? (Alot of fakes out there; I strongly suspect the "Honda 5W20" I bought over #10,000 here in Lagos and used for the car was fake, hence the "knock"!)
- Some (I think "majority of" ) marketers sell fakes (forget the labels; they can refill the can & re-seal)
- To reduce my risk, I will only buy engine oil specs from known major corporate outlets (such as Mobil or Total) or order from abroad if feasible

That is my contribution, dissenting views are welcome
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by DGD1(m): 1:38pm On Oct 19, 2015
Denc:

Just stumbled on this thread...your observation is correct.

After having a failed Accord engine and been told that the "knock" was either due to a failed engine oil pump OR the actual engine oil (manufacturer recommended 5W20) thinning out at high temperatures and high-speed driving (engine failed on the Sagamu-Ore-Benin expressway); here's my view and my plan going forward:
- I do not think the manufacturer specs of 5W20 is the problem even though the Accord was manufactured in US and is now used in Nigeria (different climes and conditions)
- The real problem is - does the can actually contain what the label says? (Alot of fakes out there; I strongly suspect the "Honda 5W20" I bought over #10,000 here in Lagos and used for the car was fake, hence the "knock"!)
- Some (I think "majority of" ) marketers sell fakes (forget the labels; they can refill the can & re-seal)
- To reduce my risk, I will only buy engine oil specs from known major corporate outlets (such as Mobil or Total) or order from abroad if feasible

That is my contribution, dissenting views are welcome

you have said well,
it's one thing to buy A in B container here in Nigeria. even some of the said major corporate outlets self cut corners.

the other day, I went with a friend to service his honda pilot, bought it's recommended oil at #8000. could u believe the mechanic was telling us that we were just wasting our money, emphasizing when he was working with a reputable dealership in Lagos(90s) they use same oil for cars, SUV, trucks they buy 25litres and just use that, oil is oil all those recommendations where old ladies feeble tales. then I cried in my heart. that was the last time he visited the man.

1 Like

Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by Terin: 10:45am On Jun 29, 2016
So please and please lemmie ask; Are we now to believe that even the synthetic 5w30w Amasco oil is "palm oil" and never to be really considered to be used based on recommendation?
In my location, Amasco 5-30w is the only oil with my car engine oil spec, and that I can always get. Pls advice and contribute.
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by autotrader2: 11:47am On Jun 29, 2016
Terin:
So please and please lemmie ask; Are we now to believe that even the synthetic 5w30w Amasco oil is "palm oil" and never to be really considered to be used based on recommendation?
In my location, Amasco 5-30w is the only oil with my car engine oil spec, and that I can always get. Pls advice and contribute.

Where is your location?
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by Terin: 4:17pm On Jun 29, 2016
Jimeta, Adamawa state. @autodealer2
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by Terin: 4:20pm On Jun 29, 2016
autotrader2:

Where is your location?

Jimeta, Adamawa state.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? / FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos / Opinions Needed: My Mechanic Said I Should Use Only Water First In New Radiator.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.