Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,171 members, 7,807,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. (13883 Views)

Is It Advisable To Change From 5w40 To 5w30 Oil To Service My Car? / Coastal Engine Oil 5w30 And Mercon V Atf Needed Urgently / Morgas 5w30 Oil Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by autotrader2: 5:17pm On Jun 29, 2016
Terin:

Jimeta, Adamawa state.

Damn....that's some way off Town shocked
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by kollysnut(m): 7:26pm On Jun 29, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Amasco = palmoil

Who told u is palmoil, my neighbour is using that oil on his toyota camry 03. The oil works fine. No issue @all, told me he buys it @2500naira for a 5litre. Well go produce urs n lets see. I use quarts 5000 on my toyota corolla,..so Gazzuzz. I wonder what oil u use sef.
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:51pm On Jun 29, 2016
kollysnut:

Who told u is palmoil, my neighbour is using that oil on his toyota camry 03. The oil works fine. No issue @all, told me he buys it @2500naira for a 5litre. Well go produce urs n lets see. I use quarts 5000 on my toyota corolla,..so Gazzuzz. I wonder what oil u use sef.

https://www.nairaland.com/2957983/engine-oils-made-u.s-available
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by sooperrescue(m): 1:41am On Jun 30, 2016
Interesting topic. Gazzuz, Total q7000 has always been 4700a gallon and if they are doing promo, it is because they have lost the market, so they need some catch up. Op, what oil did your car recommends that you use? 5 w 30 sm or sn? Check the cover and it is written there. I concur with Gazzuz that lubex is not the right oil for many vehicles. It is a turkish brand, seahorse cousins and I meet them all the time at the auto fair. They are not sure of what they are producing. The bottom line is if your car requires 5 w30 sl, sm, or sn, go for the oil specification. If lubex is sm and your car requires sn, why buy lubex? I have seen some synthetics that will state 5w30 sl, there are many toyotas that are supposed to be using that oil, look for the specification and use it. Using the right oil saves you money as you will be free from sludge and over heating. Total q9000 is synthetic but it is an sm, same with lubex sm and both are european certified, why are the prices different. Lubex is not what they claim to be. Whoever is promoting lubex or any oil should show us the oil certifications and the data. Nigerian motorists are hurting and it is time we sift the chaff from the wheat.

1 Like

Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by Terin: 6:36am On Jun 30, 2016
I think the 1st question here should be: Do anyone know about the amasco 5-30w synthetic oil?
And pls, do not say you know it when u really don't (probably to ridicle it for the sake of marketing your own product).
Thanks
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by Terin: 6:51am On Jun 30, 2016
autotrader2:

Damn....that's some way off Town shocked

I'll take that to be your way of saying you don't have an idea.
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by autotrader2: 9:57am On Jun 30, 2016
Terin:

I'll take that to be your way of saying you don't have an idea.

Far from it. My message is that Jimeta is very far from the major commercial cities that items can be shipped from. For example, you will not get a direct vehicle from PH to Jimeta.

1 Like

Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by Terin: 3:44pm On Jun 30, 2016
autotrader2:

Far from it. My message is that Jimeta is very far from the major commercial cities that items can be shipped from. For example, you will not get a direct vehicle from PH to Jimeta.

But I think there is, Fair Plus is a transportation company that directly shuttle the two cities.
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by autotrader2: 4:09pm On Jun 30, 2016
Terin:

But I think there is, Fair Plus is a transportation company that directly shuttle the two cities.

Ok there you go.. Anyone that needs the right engine oil can contact me. I will gladly ship to Jimeta

https://www.nairaland.com/2880651/us-engine-oils-toyota-motor/4
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by irishkafe(m): 9:29am On Aug 24, 2019
I've been reading all the Arguments and comments. Where can I get LUBEX IN ABUJA 4LTRS FOR MY COROLLA 2005?

WHATS D PRICE OF 4LTRS?
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by AshipaEk0: 3:03pm On Aug 24, 2019
Wow.

So there's engine oil for motor that's cheaper than palm oil for cooking? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Okomu Palm Oil 4 litres is about 9 -10k o

Wonderful

1 Like

Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by Feco4life: 12:36pm On Feb 08, 2020
As a qualified mikano engr I will tell u dat Ammasco oil called rondo is a nice oil. But it won't give u as much protection as quality synthetic oil. If u don't have money just go to total station and buy total classic oil or even there drum oil. It is better than ammasco oil and also cheap. Should be around 3500 for 4ltrs total classic oil while the drum oil should be 600 naira per liter. One love

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? / FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos / Opinions Needed: My Mechanic Said I Should Use Only Water First In New Radiator.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.