Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Any Igbo Muslim In The House - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Any Igbo Muslim In The House (42565 Views)

Hidden Islam: Nicolo Degiorgis Charts The Challenges Of Being Muslim In Italy / The Only Muslim In Greenland Who Fasts For 21 Hours / Challenges Facing Igbo Muslims - Sheikh Uthman Anaga (igbo Muslim) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by tintingz(m): 5:47am On Jun 26, 2015
There are Igbo Muslims but suffering in their homeland, the Igbo Christians hate them.

The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims
https://www.nairaland.com/997009/challenges-igbo-muslims

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by Nobody: 5:55am On Jun 26, 2015
tintingz:
There are Igbo Muslims but suffering in their homeland, the Igbo Christians hate them.

The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims
https://www.nairaland.com/997009/challenges-igbo-muslims

we cannot accept muslim and all its killing brohaha.

Muslims are not terrorist but terrorists are muslims.

Think about that bro

1 Like

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by Trustworthiness: 7:23am On Jun 26, 2015
scripture:
Igbo are not and cannot be muslims cos {{Islam}} does not make sense to the ordinary igboman.

Surely, Islam will not make sense to an igbo man just like it doesn't make sense to the pagans of Mecca when the prophet of Islam first preached to them.
The Igbos are deeply involved in idol worshiping and possess to much love for these worldly things. These two things are not in line with the teachings of Islam.
If you look carefully the way the Igbos practice Christianity, you will see that it is obvious, they are idol worshipers. And everything is about making money from the church business.
About 90 percent of the Igbos are idol worshipers, 9 percent are Christians and 1 percent or less are Muslims.
I have met several Igbos that are Muslims in Enugu. Where we have more Muslims in Enugu is the town called Enugu-Ezike. The town is closer to Nnsuka.
We have Igbo Muslims in Enugu town as well. Some are serious Muslims while some are still attached to their usual love for the worldly things thereby not serious with Islam the way the should.
An Igbo man will be part of any religion, as long as he can get money to do showing off whenever he goes back to his village. They are enticed by wordly THINGS .
To support my statement, i will narrate a true life story to you of my personal experience.
While I was serving as NYSC Corp member, a group of guy approach me in the school I was teaching then and to me they want to become Muslims. By my usual practice, i asked them why do they want to become a muslim. To me this question is very important to ascertain they did not join Islam with any other intention except to Truely worship God almighty the way He should be worshiped. And truly recognising the true message of Islam. Likewise, to correct any wrong things they might have heard and explain to them the true teachings of Islam.
To my dismay, the answer they gave as the reason to want to join IIslam is that: they said they hard if they become a muslim, they will become rich.
Just as I have said earlier, worldly things enticed them to practice a religion. You see the way they are trooping to Christianity just to get one miracle. The miracle to become rich or establishing a church to collect tithe to enrich themselves out of the ignorant people looking for miracle. Even when Jesus has said in the bible that: it is the ignorant and wicked generation that seek after signs or miracle.

7 Likes

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by Psylas(m): 7:27am On Jun 26, 2015
I'm proud to be an igbo atheist, religion my foot, in my whole LGA we don't have single igbo muslim, i wonder where these peeps are seeing them

4 Likes

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by Experience4u(m): 7:37am On Jun 26, 2015
TBD:
Come to Minna we have Igbo muslim some even preach on NTA. Just yesterday Igbo lady converted to Islam in Kaduna her name was Joy from delta state the new name is Aisha. Who so ever Allah have guaded none shall lead him astray and whoever Allah lead astray none shall guided him
my dear Deltians are not igbos. Igbo States are Enugu, Abia, Imo, Ebonyi and Anambra

1 Like

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by babaireti(m): 8:02am On Jun 26, 2015
seeklove:
Igbos hate unnecessary shedding of blood. They respect and value human life. Even the ancients Igbos, before Christianity came, they respected human life and love peace. Christianity easily won over the Igbos because it is peaceful and respects human life, even the life of an enemy.

Those that think that Igbos have not been exposed to Islam are wrong. Igbos have long been exposed to it, even today Igbos all over the world are exposed to Islam. Sometimes muslims will even try to win converts by promising them riches. I know how many times they have tried to convert me, my friends, and etc. I know Igbos in the muslim countries, still they will never consider joining. A friend of mine happily lost a contract that would have been his, if only he accepted Islam. The few Igbos that pretend to be muslims only do it to get positions and contracts.

Igbo,Ibo or what do you call them love Peace yet they are the ones that commit FRAUD,PROSTITUTION,MONEY RITUAL,ROBBERY,RAPE OF ELDERLY WOMEN and YOUNG,KIDNAPPING,DRUG TRAFFICKING,INSOLENCE to mention just a few,yet they love peace,anyway the only reason I know that they are not in ISLAM is that ,in ISLAM you can not swindle people by hypnotizing them to follow you in worship at your personal business CHURCH,no Tithe for a few LEADERS to consume and no foolish and gullible mind to contribute to any ALFA for a fake MIRACLE and therefore no BUSINESS in ISLAM ,it is purely RELIGION and no more than the free service of ALLAH sub'hanna Wata'alla, which is not attractive to average business minded IBO PASTORS,so why would they propagate a religion that would not yield any return on investment,mba eego

4 Likes

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by guru1234: 8:51am On Jun 26, 2015
chukwudi44:
please am just being curious.Just wnt to find if igbo muslims exist am yet to see one

Yes i personally know 2 igbo guyz that are muslim and met an igbo muslimah (girl) at NYSC camp....u can check up this igbo dude on facebook (muhammed mbonu) he is currently active on the field of dawa (islamic propagation), may Allah strengthen his iman (faith).

3 Likes

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by Boller: 9:26am On Jun 26, 2015
Some Igbos don't even know what happen in thier communities. To start with I use to know a guy called ibrahim from Anambra as a student in AnsarUdeen Muslim College Isolo far back in 1990. Right now in my office in Lagos, there 2 brothers Muhammed and Tijani from Orlu in Imo state. I asked them if they converted they said they were born muslims meaning they are from muslim family two of them are brothers from same parents. To cap it all, last sunday (21-06-2015)Ramadan Lecture at Al-usrah in PH was delivered by Igbo man an Islamic Scholar Bro. Okwonkwo. If you need a video send me your whatsapp number I will send to you.

2 Likes

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by tintingz(m): 10:18am On Jun 26, 2015
VANHELLSING:

No, I'm not kidding, it is better we sacrifice one soul than risk been blown to smitereen by one islamic family psycho. "A stitch in time saves nine".

The difference between my speech & boko haram is, in southeast, the unindigeneus sojourners are not been attacked, they practice their faith unhindered.
There is no different between your speech and that of boko haram.

This is where boko haram start their killing "promising to kill anyone that join another religion" can't you see you are already a killer in your mind? killing your relations?

Your heart is full of hate beating to kill.

See this acclaimed loving and peaceful Igbo christian. grin

adeitoro:

bro, Islam sucks.
They hate western education but use its product.
If you are a yoruba then you are a fake muslim.

You can take that to the bank
Those Muslims that said so are not enlighten.

We have Islamic scholars that studied western education.

Prophet Muhammed (AS) said we should seek for knowledge and you can travel the world to seek for knowledge.

Most of our early inventors are Muslims.

2 Likes

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by Kylecares: 11:32am On Jun 26, 2015
there's many igbo muslim now are days even elaha there's there cos my fello muslim which people use to called them tablik they use to go there according to report from they?re facing many challenge, both stil people are still accept islam there,.am using this oppotunity to tell my brother/sister in islam that we should contribute in advertize in islam we should leave our place to go tell people outside about islam cos there's many people which them don'st know about islam,as tablig use to due all over the word lets contribute on this efforth.tablig focus on how islam will be best religion on the world.pls work for islam.
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by honeric01(m): 11:42am On Jun 26, 2015
jcross19:
What matter to you , muslims is that will you make it at the end? You think facing saudi arabia when praying and making use of arabic to pray can get you to the right destination. Do you know that facing saudi arabia and praying in arabic have ridicule allah, yes because he or it is not omnipresence if not you don't need to face a direction to allah because is in everywhere at the same time. Secondly, am still saying it your allah can't hear more than one language which is arabic if not pray in your language without arabic then it means is lesser gods , then why all the symbol of islam is either crescent and star or sword? I need answer .......

Bros, are you a true Christian?
do you believe your brand of Christianity is the right brand?
do you think you're qualified for heaven?
are you in line with God?
Do you think you know God's ways?
if you weren't born into a Christian home, would you be able to beat your chest that you wouldn't support any religion you grow up in?

Have you ever gone out of the box to find out why you are a Christian if truly you are? found out if what you have been taught and believed are the right ways to God?

Do you even know God?

Who is God to you?

What makes God of your definition the right God?

before you look down on others or respond to my questions, kindly think deeply.
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by ItsMeAboki(m): 12:39pm On Jun 26, 2015
scripture:
Igbo are not and cannot be muslims cos {{Islam}} does not make sense to the ordinary igboman.

I am sorry to break your bubble of conceit, there Igbo muslims in Ingboland (there are threads here in Nairaland covering such stories) one of them is a king/monarch chosen by his own community:

His Royal Highness, Abdul Fatai Chima Emetumah Duru the 3rd and Ofor the 9th of Umuofor autonomous community is the royal father chosen by his community to be their custodian of culture and tradition.
https://www.nairaland.com/1941617/h-o-c-k-n

Here is another thread showing pictures of Igbo Muslims dressed after Eid Prayer:
https://www.nairaland.com/1832170/pictures-ndigbo-muslims-after-eid

So get off your high horse and stop exposing your bigotry and abject ignorance.
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by bamuffy: 12:40pm On Jun 26, 2015
scripture:
Biafra dude, know that Islam is global religion which makes utmost sense to all intelligentials who care to listen and enquire. That is why it is the fastest growing religion in the world.Igbo wayward life and culture cum low islamic propagation in this Biafra region is . But is just a matter of time before islam will perpetrate and gain most popularity in the land.Even the camoflaged religion like Xtianity did not gain control in the sovheast with peace( frm thing fall apart by Chinua Achebe). Many ibos were killed and their culture ridiculed during this period by this agents of ROMAN PAGAN!! So Islam can takeover the land of Biafra with lots sacrifice!!!
@sacrifice, WHO said he will kill his relation if he becomes Muslim, He should know that such display of hatred is in the blood of average xtians. See the word 'CRUSADE' To see the atrocity they commited against ...
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by Kbraims(m): 5:29pm On Jun 26, 2015
I knw of igbo who ar muslim,i even heard of a sheik in kano who is an igbo man.But d issue is dat igbo pple do go to several places in d course of bussiness,bt u wl hardly see an igbo man who is out of his state nd he stayed among other tribes or other group of pple wen is out of his state nd due to dat for dem to realy see d light in oda's pple religion is hardly.And let's keep away a bias mind ibgo pple ar not so toleratn to allow pple into dia places unlike d hausa's nd yoruba's
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 26, 2015
The OP asked a simple question, and it has turned some religious fanatics into displaying their 'talents'. Whatever religion u practice, it does not promote bashing any person's religion.
As for the question, i'm waiting to find out too

1 Like

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by orogodoganyin(m): 6:23pm On Jun 26, 2015
on nairaland? i doubt it. in this world? yes.
if u r on nairaland, it means google isn't so far 4rm u. sometimes last year, i came across an article stating the problems new converts to islam face. how they make mistakes during solat, nd instead of getting corrected by veteran fellow muslims, they get laughed.
fortunately, or unfortunately, the author's name was 'ify', an ibo lady.
i've also heard of a one-time amir of U.I MSSN by the name 'issa okonkwo'.
a while back, there was a meeting of islamic personnels 4rm all over the country. if i recall what alfa Ali Agan said well, there was an ibo representative of Enugu named Chukwudi or so, who also said his father nd grandfather had also bn muslims. there was also a representative of Cross River who came in his full traditional attire.
anyway, just sayin b4 u spew nonsense, make google ur friend first.
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by LeStylo: 5:39am On Jun 27, 2015
Yes, I did meet Issa Okonkwo at a conference in UI in 2001. A very strong and passionate muslim brother. His impression was a lasting one.

Daud Chukwuemeka was the MCAN Batch B Missioner in 2005/2006 in delta state.

I also met this high chief from Abavo, such likeable old man. He narrated what he went through as a muslim in the community he himself heads. How the chiefs in the community rose against him, how fetish sacrifices used to be placed at his door; how he mysteriously was knocked down by paralysis. One day, he declared that he will walk again on his very legs if indeed he worships the one true God. Indeed, he rose to walk again. He won many converts and built the Abavo mosque. I'm not sure if he's still alive, May Allah bless him wherever he may be. Ameen.

1 Like

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by jcross19: 5:20pm On Jun 28, 2015
honeric01:

Bros, are you a true Christian?
do you believe your brand of Christianity is the right brand?
do you think you're qualified for heaven?
are you in line with God?
Do you think you know God's ways?
if you weren't born into a Christian home, would you be able to beat your chest that you wouldn't support any religion you grow up in?

Have you ever gone out of the box to find out why you are a Christian if truly you are? found out if what you have been taught and believed are the right ways to God?

Do you even know God?

Who is God to you?

What makes God of your definition the right God?

before you look down on others or respond to my questions, kindly think deeply.
the spirit in me testify it sir.
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by jcross19: 5:22pm On Jun 28, 2015
mohammedmagnus:
lol you do really have bad manners for a christian. Am a muslim but bro u need JESUS. Peace
are you sure? I have peace of mind already as far what pleases him. Am not frustrated to bomb my fellow being as you do.
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 28, 2015
I have met one and I only know one on FB
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by marxist88: 11:59pm On Jun 28, 2015
Why Igbos always insulting ISLAM,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Quran Says Bible Is A Book Of Reference For The Muslims / Does Erection Destroy Your Fasting? / ''Baby Born In Bauchi With Quran And Bead In His Hand'' - Rariya (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.