Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Can Women Ever Be Equal With Men? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can Women Ever Be Equal With Men? (1311 Views)

Gender: To Be Equal Or Not To Be / Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Women Ever Be Equal With Men? by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 08, 2015
When you hear terms like Godfather, man, HouseMaster, Principal, Sailor, Captain (ship) etc. What We expect is that they are titles or occupation attached to the male gender. EVEN if the UN, MDGs, AU and other socio-cultural international organizations continues to fight for gender equality, How well is this battle and what is the percentage of it's efficacy? And this put me into a state of utter thoughts and questions, CAN A WOMAN REALLY BE EQUAL WITH A MAN IN CONTEMPORARY SOCIETIES? HAS NATURE MADE WOMAN A SUBORDINATE TO MAN? OR HAVE WOMEN ACCEPTED THE INITIAL AND RELIGIOUS MAXIM THAT THEY SHOULD SUPPORT MEN AND NOT SUPERSEDE THEM?

What are your views?
Re: Can Women Ever Be Equal With Men? by Omotayor123(f): 11:54am On Jun 08, 2015
Emmmm.,.. Clears throat; **

Even if u opt out of Mr. NL contest, u gave me the honour of FTC for the first tym on NLgrin

What's it about FTC sef

Dedicating this land to my e- sweethearts.

Abeg make I go read the post first. OP no vex.
Re: Can Women Ever Be Equal With Men? by Omotayor123(f): 12:02pm On Jun 08, 2015
Na so we see am oooo. But I think the physical strength of man allows him to do such tasking job than women.

But that doesn't make us weak.
We are stronger in other ways too.... And Don't forget that All Humans are equal.

We on have one live.

STC again!!! *Winks*
Re: Can Women Ever Be Equal With Men? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 08, 2015
Omotayor123:
Emmmm.,.. Clears throat; **

Even if u opt out of Mr. NL contest, u gave me the honour of FTC for the first tym on NLgrin

What's it about FTC sef

Dedicating this land to my e- sweethearts.

Abeg make I go read the post first. OP no vex.

Lwkmd..... Okay you are one of them abi
Re: Can Women Ever Be Equal With Men? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 08, 2015
Omotayor123:
Na so we see am oooo.

Nature is a bytch
Re: Can Women Ever Be Equal With Men? by Tallesty1(m): 12:18pm On Jun 08, 2015
Omotayor123:
Na so we see am oooo. But I think the physical strength of man allows him to do such tasking job than women.

But that doesn't make us weak.
We are stronger in other ways too.... And Don't forget that All Humans are equal.

We on have one live.

STC again!!! *Winks*
God didn't give us same assignment so we can never be equal.
Re: Can Women Ever Be Equal With Men? by Omotayor123(f): 12:24pm On Jun 08, 2015
Tallesty1:
How is our Assignments on earth different
Re: Can Women Ever Be Equal With Men? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 08, 2015
Tallesty1:

And what is this assignment?
Re: Can Women Ever Be Equal With Men? by bigfrancis21: 3:06pm On Jun 08, 2015
Men and women are equal but there are just some things men are built out to do better in, and some things women are built out to do better in. Nature does not make mistakes.
Re: Can Women Ever Be Equal With Men? by Tycyborg(m): 6:29pm On Jun 08, 2015
Men and women can never be equal cos you cant compare a cargo plane with a local plane or private jet... Though they can all fly but they work differently. A cargo can carry tones of loads even more human compare to local or private planes... But private gat comfy cozy things which cargo doesnt have and they can carry tones of load... So my point is men are better than woman in marry ways and the percentage is men 80 women 20. Men think fast and straight, men are faster and stronger, men are more logical and women are more emotional and still there are even men that are more emotional than women... E.g gays...e.t.c so many other points but am done with this little and last of it God created man first then created another from the rib bone so you wanna compare a rib bone to a full bone? Lol God himself knows what he did... Lol women are just for not to get lonely and blame it on adam he caused everything

1 Like

Re: Can Women Ever Be Equal With Men? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 08, 2015
bigfrancis21:
Men and women are equal but there are just some things men are built out to do better in, and some things women are built out to do better in. Nature does not make mistakes.

Meaning nature created the issue of gender inequality?
Re: Can Women Ever Be Equal With Men? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 08, 2015
Tycyborg:
Men and women can never be equal cos you cant compare a cargo plane with a local plane or private jet... Though they can all fly but they work differently. A cargo can carry tones of loads even more human compare to local or private planes... But private gat comfy cozy things which cargo doesnt have and they can carry tones of load... So my point is men are better than woman in marry ways and the percentage is men 80 women 20. Men think fast and straight, men are faster and stronger, men are more logical and women are more emotional and still there are even men that are more emotional than women... E.g gays...e.t.c so many other points but am done with this little and last of it God created man first then created another from the rib bone so you wanna compare a rib bone to a full bone? Lol God himself knows what he did... Lol women are just for not to get lonely and blame it on adam he caused everything

Your points are well penned.... But some women are evidence and references to counter your argument...
Re: Can Women Ever Be Equal With Men? by bigfrancis21: 7:53pm On Jun 08, 2015
Freemanan:

Meaning nature created the issue of gender inequality?

No. Nature created both genders equally, however a gender is built out for a specific role better than the other and vice versa. Think of it in terms of human beings. All humans cannot be good in everything. We individually have our strengths and weaknesses as human beings that we are. Same goes for both genders. We need to acknowledge that we are different and also our natural differences.

1 Like

Re: Can Women Ever Be Equal With Men? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 08, 2015
bigfrancis21:

No. Nature created both genders equally, however a gender is built out for a specific role better than the other and vice versa. Think of it in terms of human beings. All humans cannot be good in everything. We individually have our strengths and weaknesses as human beings that we are. Same goes for both genders. We need to acknowledge that we are different and also our natural differences.

But societies has turned this theory on it's head... They now see women as subordinate to men....
Re: Can Women Ever Be Equal With Men? by bigfrancis21: 7:57pm On Jun 08, 2015
Freemanan:

But societies has turned this theory on it's head... They now see women as subordinate to men....

It is all about understanding. The understanding wasn't there decades back, but societies are beginning to grow towards that understanding. Personally, I don't see myself as superior to the opposite gender. I treat everyone as equals.
Re: Can Women Ever Be Equal With Men? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 08, 2015
bigfrancis21:

It is all about understanding. The understanding wasn't there decades back, but societies are beginning to grow towards that understanding. Personally, I don't see myself as superior to the opposite gender. I treat everyone as equals.

The ratio of folks like you and the opposing part should 1:99
Re: Can Women Ever Be Equal With Men? by Tycyborg(m): 9:34pm On Jun 08, 2015
Freemanan:

Your points are well penned.... But some women are evidence and references to counter your argument...

let them quote and state their facts and i will give them the right answers with fact. So many women tried but at end they will say okay oooo men are strange with their ways...lol
Re: Can Women Ever Be Equal With Men? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 08, 2015
Tycyborg:

let them quote and state their facts and i will give them the right answers with fact. So many women tried but at end they will say okay oooo men are strange with their ways...lol

Lol.... Baddo
The court has taken judicial notice of your submission tho
Re: Can Women Ever Be Equal With Men? by Tycyborg(m): 9:42pm On Jun 08, 2015
Freemanan:

well everyone has right to their idea but let me shed more light on it... God himself who created us said so in the bible.. Read genesis and not every word in the bible is direct most are like proverbs... Question is why cant God create a woman from soil like he created man... Its not that he cant do it but he wants us to understand something and that thing is we men are more greater than women if you want to prove me wrong then let your wife rule your house for 3 months and see what will happen lol... But dont tell anyone just me lol hahahaha
Re: Can Women Ever Be Equal With Men? by Tycyborg(m): 9:44pm On Jun 08, 2015
Freemanan:

Lol.... Baddo
The court has taken judicial notice of your submission tho

you are funny freemanan lol

1 Like

Re: Can Women Ever Be Equal With Men? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 08, 2015
Tycyborg:

well everyone has right to their idea but let me shed more light on it... God himself who created us said so in the bible.. Read genesis and not every word in the bible is direct most are like proverbs... Question is why cant God create a woman from soil like he created man... Its not that he cant do it but he wants us to understand something and that thing is we men are more greater than women if you want to prove me wrong then let your wife rule your house for 3 months and see what will happen lol... But dont tell anyone just me lol hahahaha

Lol.... Duly noted... Thanks for the lecture
Re: Can Women Ever Be Equal With Men? by babyfaceafrica: 5:42pm On Jun 09, 2015
Were we created equal?
Re: Can Women Ever Be Equal With Men? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 09, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Were we created equal?

According to Charles Darwin, NO
Re: Can Women Ever Be Equal With Men? by babyfaceafrica: 6:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
Freemanan:

According to Charles Darwin, NO
if we were not created equal,we can nver be equal no matter how we try
Re: Can Women Ever Be Equal With Men? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
if we were not created equal,we can nver be equal no matter how we try

Noted.... Feminism is a sheer waste of time then...

1 Like

Re: Can Women Ever Be Equal With Men? by babyfaceafrica: 8:34pm On Jun 09, 2015
Freemanan:

Noted.... Feminism is a sheer waste of time then...
lol....make dem no hear o .....
Re: Can Women Ever Be Equal With Men? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
lol....make dem no hear o .....
cheesy
Re: Can Women Ever Be Equal With Men? by OlaoluEmir(m): 9:03am On Jun 11, 2015
The difference is clear "MEN" can never be d-same with women! ( Oju-ra-won-lo ).

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Awujale Of Ijebuland Is Dead / The Story Behind The Yoruba Proverb “idan Ni Yio Pe Ara Re Leru” / Breaking News: Obaro Of Kabba Is Dead(1st Class Oba In Kogi State)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.