Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Igbuya Elected Speaker Delta State House Of Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbuya Elected Speaker Delta State House Of Assembly (6360 Views)

Delta Assembly Lift Suspension Of Impeached Speaker, Monday Igbuya / Monday Igbuya And His Thugs Chase Okowa From Project Site / Monday Igbuya Conferred With Chieftaincy Title, Goes Topless. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbuya Elected Speaker Delta State House Of Assembly by nelsonegware: 10:42pm On Jun 08, 2015
DTHA: IGBUYA, OSANEBI ELECTED SPEAKER DEPUTY AS OKOWA PROCLAIMS 6TH ASSEMBLY
***Says 6th Assembly won't be a rubber stamp to anyone
***As Izeze, Owhefere, Erijo, Esievo others take oath of office

By Nelson Egware

Delta State Governor Dr Ifeanyi Okowa has proclaimed the 6th Assembly of the Delta State House of Assembly. Governor Okowa whose letter of proclamation was read by the Clerk of the House Barrister Mrs Lyna Ochulor, congratulated the members-elect on their victories at the polls.

According to Governor Okowa, "by the powers conferred on me in line with section 105 sub (3) of the 1999 Constitution, I hereby proclaim the 6th Assembly of the Delta State House of Assembly."

The member representing Sapele Constituency Rt. Hon. Monday Owhigho Igbuya was unanimously elected Speaker of the Delta State House of Assembly sequel to a motion moved by the member representing Ughelli North 1 Constituency Hon. Barrister Samuel Marierie and seconded by the member representing Isoko North Constituency Hon. Barrister Tim Kome Owhefere.

In a related development, the member representing Ndokwa East Constituency Rt. Hon. Friday Ossai Osanebi has been unanimously elected as Deputy Speaker on a motion moved by member representing Oshimili South Constituency Rt. Hon. Peter Onwusanya and seconded by the member representing Warri South 1 Constituency Hon. Dennis Omovie.

In his acceptance speech, the new Speaker of the Delta State House of Assembly Rt. Hon. Monday Owhigho Igbuya expressed appreciation to his colleagues and the party for finding him worthy to serve as Speaker of the House.

"I thank you very much my dear colleagues. It is a rare privilege to be your Speaker, and not as your boss or leader but as your servant. I will endeavor to provide great leadership devoid of party or ethnic affiliation.

"Neither I or the House will be a rubber stamp to anyone but will work harmoniously with the Executive to ensure prosperity for all Deltans." He said.

The Speaker thereafter administered oath of office and oath of allegiance to all the members. The members who took oath of office include, Hon. Comrade Reuben Izeze, Ughelli South, Hon. Barrister Samuel Marierie, Ughelli North 1, Hon. Prince Eric Oharisi, Ughelli North 2, Hon. Barr. Tim Kome Owhefere, Isoko North, Hon Prince Johnson Erijo, Isoko South 2, Hon. Barr. Orezi Esievo, Isoko South 1, Hon. Dr. Alphonsus Ojo, Ukwuani, Hon. Azuka Azaka, Ndokwa West, Hon. Tony Elekeokwuri, Ika North East, Hon. Festus Chukwuyem Okoh, Ika South, Hon. Osi Okocha, Aniocha North, Hon. Angela Nwaka, Aniocha South, Rt. Hon. Peter Onwusanya, Oshimili South, Hon. Princess Pat Ajudua, Oshimili North, Hon. Dennis Omovie, Warri South 2, Hon. Godwin Abigor, Warri South 1, Hon. Daniel Mayuku, Warri South West, Hon. Michael Diden, Warri North, Hon. Erhiatake Ibori, Ethiope West, Hon. Prince Evans Ochuko Ivwurie, Ethiope East, Hon. Sheriff Oborovwori, Okpe, Hon. Peter Uviejitobor, Udu, Hon. Efe Ofobruku, Uvwie, Hon. Preyor Oboro, Bomadi, Hon. Daniel Yingi, Burutu 1, Hon. Kennedy Daubry, Burutu 2,

The House adjoined till Tuesday 23rd June, 2015 on a motion moved by Hon. Tim Kome Owhefere and seconded by Hon. Dennis Omovie.

The first session of the 6th Assembly was attended by State Chairman of PDP Chief Edwin Uzor, Secretary to the Delta State Government Rt. Hon. Festus Ovie Agas, Senator Stella Omu, Prof Sam Oyovwaire, former Speakers of the House Rt. Hon. Emmanuel Okoro, Rt. Hon. Kent Omatsone, Rt. Hon. Engr. Victor Ochei, former Clerk of the House Sir Dan Okenyi, among other dignitaries.

Re: Igbuya Elected Speaker Delta State House Of Assembly by INTROVERT(f): 10:50pm On Jun 08, 2015
Re: Igbuya Elected Speaker Delta State House Of Assembly by Young03(m): 11:02pm On Jun 08, 2015
INTROVERT:
pls can u be my gf for 2 days?
Re: Igbuya Elected Speaker Delta State House Of Assembly by INTROVERT(f): 11:11pm On Jun 08, 2015
Young03:

What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?
Re: Igbuya Elected Speaker Delta State House Of Assembly by Young03(m): 11:13pm On Jun 08, 2015
INTROVERT:

the law of inertia must be obeyed
Re: Igbuya Elected Speaker Delta State House Of Assembly by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jun 08, 2015
INTROVERT:

angry angry angry
Re: Igbuya Elected Speaker Delta State House Of Assembly by atlwireles: 11:22pm On Jun 08, 2015
Nelsonegware, when is the new election for the PDP party leadership?
Re: Igbuya Elected Speaker Delta State House Of Assembly by jazinogold(m): 11:26pm On Jun 08, 2015
which position dem gv princess pat?
Re: Igbuya Elected Speaker Delta State House Of Assembly by Jorussia(m): 11:31pm On Jun 08, 2015
Young03:

O boy wetin you dey do so?abeg nor collect the only girl wen i dey eye for nairaland from my hand o.
Re: Igbuya Elected Speaker Delta State House Of Assembly by Young03(m): 7:33am On Jun 09, 2015
Jorussia:
O boy wetin you dey do so?abeg nor collect the only girl wen i dey eye for nairaland from my hand o.

ar u a learner?

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of The Only Man That Can Kill Abumbakar Shakau/boko Boys / Biafran Memorial Day -Speech By Igbo-American Soldier / See Hushpuppi's Dude, Mompha With El-rufai (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.