Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 (107303 Views)

Nigeria Vs Australia: FIFA U-17 World Cup: (6 - 0) On 29th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / Sweden Vs Nigeria (3 - 3) Fifa Women's World Cup On 8th June, 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 09, 2015
Go Falcons. We can beat australia nd usa if only our defence can be looked into and we need a good keeper too. Seems dede is getting old
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 09, 2015
How many likes for Ngozi Okobi? 2 assists, 1 goal. Player of the match against Sweden smiley

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 09, 2015
nerodenero:
We must do everything humanly possible to beat Australia. With a win against them, we should go for the jugular against USA and if we get a draw eventually, it is all well and good. I see us beyond this group.

Amennnn!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by mainheart(m): 4:57pm On Jun 09, 2015
Sponge3:
If you watched the Australia vs USA game then you will realize that Nigeria has already played their easiest game in the group.
Is Australia stronger than Sweden
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by temitayomie: 5:08pm On Jun 09, 2015
mainheart:
No. just that our defence is shaky
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 09, 2015
Sponge3:
If you watched the Australia vs USA game then you will realize that Nigeria has already played their easiest game in the group.

Guy wer u watch am?
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 09, 2015
Our coach should be the reason why the black man black sense theory came to reality

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Ologunjude(m): 5:16pm On Jun 09, 2015
Any idea about DSTV not showing the women's world cup and the youth world cup. Is surprising really. Pay so much for subscription and yet not be able to watch the matches. ; sad
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 09, 2015
Ologunjude:
Any idea about DSTV not showing the women's world cup and the youth world cup. Is surprising really. Pay so much for subscription and yet not be able to watch the matches. ; sad

That's strange, they showed the U20- women's world cup last year. You can always find a live stream online. I BBC sport streams all the games

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by olapluto(m): 6:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
Ologunjude:
I think its a good thing. DSTV has been exploiting us for too long. Believe me, this forced me to dust up my antenna for the terrestial channels.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by olapluto(m): 7:01pm On Jun 09, 2015
How to beat Australia:
1. Keep Dede in goal. Most people dont know that Whyte is shyte! She is worse than Dede.
2. Bring in Njoku, drop Chukwunonye and move Ohale to partner Onome Ebi. This should have been done at halftime against Sweden. Its a no brainer. You cannot play 3 at the back and leave the flanks exposed like that. Ohale was doing too much and it backfired.
3. Keep the midfield as it is. Okobi, Ayinde and Nwabuoku really tried. They held the midfield well, though the 3 at the back somehow disrupted things.
4. Start Esther Sunday ahead of Ordega against Australia. Why? Because Australia will be out to attack us, and Esther Sunday's runs and dribbles will be key, with Njoku also pushing forward, Australia will be on the backfoot for most of the match.
5. Make substitutions!!!!! For heaven sake, this is artificial turf, the girls will cramp badly if they all play another 90 minutes. Dike, Ini, and even Nkwocha are all ripe to come in.
6. Zonal marking! I know the coach is naive and thus is adamant on man marking, even when height is not to our advantage. Watch Sweden's first goal and see how Fisher sold Ayinde to get a header. We simply cannot do man marking. Let the players have a zone to mark, so they can attack the ball before it gets to the opponent. This will be key against Wambach of USA when the match comes.
7. Players should try to get at the referee. Often times Nigeria gets bad refereeing because of bad perception, but yesterday, We had only 4 fouls all game, against 14 fouls of Sweden. This is even despite leniency of ref towards Swedes. They got no yellowcards. This must stop! Let our players call attention of refs where needed.
8. Relax and know that Australia cannot beat Nigeria. I mean if you do not lose against Sweden, and put in better performance, you will surely beat Australia

PS. I heard at least 2 falcons are nairalanders. So please tell Oshoala to stop that sexy celebration where she's holding her bosom. She can dance shoki or something else.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by donem: 8:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
Ologunjude:
Go get Startimes man if u don't wanna be on a long thing all through this tournament.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by missionmex(m): 8:55pm On Jun 09, 2015
The person that designed this jersey did a good job. I love it.
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Sponge3(m): 9:24pm On Jun 09, 2015
sylarsquins:

Guy wer u watch am?
I watch am for Fox. I have been watching all the matches
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Sponge3(m): 9:29pm On Jun 09, 2015
mainheart:
In my opinion Australia is a better team. Sweden is the weakest team of the group unless they improve.
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by semid4lyfe(m): 9:42pm On Jun 09, 2015
olapluto:
How to beat Australia:
1. Keep Dede in goal. Most people dont know that Whyte is shyte! She is worse than Dede.

This is debatable. I prefer Whyte in goal but it needs to be drummed into whoever gets the nod that during corners, its better to stay in the post than come out for crosses so that she can be in a position to make a save.

2. Bring in Njoku, drop Chukwunonye and move Ohale to partner Onome Ebi. This should have been done at halftime against Sweden. Its a no brainer. You cannot play 3 at the back and leave the flanks exposed like that. Ohale was doing too much and it backfired.

Wrong! We played 4 at the back against Sweden. Ngozi Ebere (Left Back), Josephine Chukwunonye (Central defence), Onome Ebi (Central Defence) & Osinachi Ohale (Right Back). Ohale was simply not effective at right back. I prefer the coach makes a direct swap. He should drop Ohale to the bench and play Njoku at right back.

3. Keep the midfield as it is. Okobi, Ayinde and Nwabuoku really tried. They held the midfield well, though the 3 at the back somehow disrupted things.

I agree with keeping the 3 midfielders. Again it was a 4 (wo)man defence and not 3. . .and they were not disruptive to the midfield.

4. Start Esther Sunday ahead of Ordega against Australia. Why? Because Australia will be out to attack us, and Esther Sunday's runs and dribbles will be key, with Njoku also pushing forward, Australia will be on the backfoot for most of the match.

Starting Esther Sunday is a recipe for failure. She is selfish/individualistic, showboats, turns over the ball a lot & not a team player. Also her decision making and final ball is very poor. Wetin be the use of legover wey no dey comot defender & beat opponent? Its a 4-3-3. Oshaola and Oparanozie have the speed & skills to work the wings while Ordega can drift into the middle.

Njoku will definitely add extra bite to the right wing of our attack.

5. Make substitutions!!!!! For heaven sake, this is artificial turf, the girls will cramp badly if they all play another 90 minutes. Dike, Ini, and even Nkwocha are all ripe to come in.

In principle I agree. Players that come into the game will be determined by the match situation.

6. Zonal marking! I know the coach is naive and thus is adamant on man marking, even when height is not to our advantage. Watch Sweden's first goal and see how Fisher sold Ayinde to get a header. We simply cannot do man marking. Let the players have a zone to mark, so they can attack the ball before it gets to the opponent. This will be key against Wambach of USA when the match comes.

This is my problem with Internet Coaches. Y'all have watched EPL, La Liga, Serie A etc and you know a lot of football theories and you espouse them and abuse Nigerian coaches.

Guy, the reality is Zonal marking is alien to Nigerian football coaching and Nigerian coaches dont teach it. Nigerian coaches always emphasize man marking and its what the players imbibe from their early playing days. Its where the phrase "No free man, mark one person" comes from.

Pray, tell, how do u zonal mark with 3 players standing on your goal line? Also, I think its too late in the day to teach the players to defend using Zonal marking. I also doubt the players have the discipline to carry it out effectively. I prefer they stick to that which they know and has always worked for them.

The swedes like most European teams played zonal marking and how did it work out for them.? We man marked but completely bossed the game and severely limited their goal scoring chances.

7. Players should try to get at the referee. Often times Nigeria gets bad refereeing because of bad perception, but yesterday, We had only 4 fouls all game, against 14 fouls of Sweden. This is even despite leniency of ref towards Swedes. They got no yellowcards. This must stop! Let our players call attention of refs where needed.

Your head dey there. Our players should shout and roll on the floor when tackled to the ground to draw cards for our opponents. A yellow carded player is only half a player.

8. Relax and know that Australia cannot beat Nigeria. I mean if you do not lose against Sweden, and put in better performance, you will surely beat Australia

Anything is possible but I expect the falcons to nick this.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by prof800(m): 9:57pm On Jun 09, 2015
^^^^^^ I agree with semid4lyfe from point 1 - 8.
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by africandictator(m): 10:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
koice:
Falcon's manager doesn't inspire confidence at all.
identify your fallacy..
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by isan(m): 11:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
Go falcooooooons
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by daveP(m): 11:06pm On Jun 09, 2015
Good timing, i can watch it in btw nite classes!
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by dodobytes: 11:14pm On Jun 09, 2015
On a lighter note,if this coaching thing ends for Okon someday.He will make a good General Overseer shaa.. grin grin

Did i hear someone say an amen... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by olapluto(m): 11:35pm On Jun 09, 2015
semid4lyfe you made valid points. Also correct that we had 4 defenders but the positioning was way off. If you watch Sweden's 3rd goal again, you will see that the defenders were nowhere to be found.
On Zonal marking, I repeat, it is the solution. Else, we will continue to be poor at corners. You cannot man mark and sleep on the second ball. Either you run out and play the opponent offside (too technical for our gals) or you stick to your man (Ayinde vs Fisher was a mismatch).
Solution will be to combine the 2.
Put someone like Oshoala at the near post. She's tall and can attack the ball coming in and nod away. Put the shortest players around the edges, and have the central defenders and strikers man marking.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 10, 2015
Sponge3:
I watch am for Fox. I have been watching all the matches
Since wen did FOX become a sport channel?
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by LordEmperoris1(m): 10:56am On Jun 10, 2015
QueenB212:

That's strange, they showed the U20- women's world cup last year. You can always find a live stream online. I BBC sport streams all the games
pls teach me , how you do stream
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by olapluto(m): 11:34am On Jun 10, 2015
LordEmperoris1:
pls teach me , how you do stream
Use google chrome as your browser. Then download HOLA as an add on for your chrome. With HOLA, you can tell your browser to browse from the UK, and thereby bypass UK's restrictions. Refresh your browser and you will be watching the live match. I particularly prefer BBC commentary to FOX's. The lesser of two evils.
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by honeric01(m): 11:51am On Jun 10, 2015
I was wondering why Coach Edwin Okon kept nodding his head on the ground which time we scored until i heard he's a practicing Muslim from TVC.

How true is this? not that it matters, but just to understand why people do what they do.
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Realsufi: 1:08pm On Jun 10, 2015
To watch u20 match, don't know of Falcon. Download ogtv from playstore
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Sponge3(m): 1:11pm On Jun 10, 2015
sylarsquins:

Since wen did FOX become a sport channel?

Yeah Fox do have sports channels here in the USA, Fox sports 1 , 2 etc just like super sports in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 10, 2015
Sponge3:

Yeah Fox do have sports channels here in the USA, Fox sports 1 , 2 etc just like super sports in Nigeria.

Aiit
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by enomakos(m): 1:51pm On Jun 10, 2015
honeric01:
I was wondering why Coach Edwin Okon kept nodding his head on the ground each time we scored until i heard he's a practicing Muslim from TVC.

How true is this? not that it matters, but just to understand why people do what they do.
i wonder too cos only muslim do that?but why is he still using edwin okon?
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 10, 2015
olapluto:

Use google chrome as your browser. Then download HOLA as an add on for your chrome. With HOLA, you can tell your browser to browse from the UK, and thereby bypass UK's restrictions. Refresh your browser and you will be watching the live match. I particularly prefer BBC commentary to FOX's. The lesser of two evils.
Lol. You don't like the American accents on Fox? grin
Here in the US, it's only fox I have legal access to.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (47) (Reply)

Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time / Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 / Francisca Ordega Builds House For Her Mother (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.