Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? (58886 Views)

9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree / Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. / YES! There Is Hope For 2.2 And Third Class Grads: Job Hunting Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by Profkomolafe(m): 9:44pm On Jun 10, 2015
payment
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by eleko1: 9:45pm On Jun 10, 2015
sad who told U 3rd class cert is a disaster?nah circumstances bend crayfish.Some 2/1,2/2 graduate can't write application letter undecided lipsrsealed undecided

5 Likes

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by uridiwan(m): 9:46pm On Jun 10, 2015
Mbkite:

not in all cases
yes,its because they don't want to pay better money guessing it will be around 25 to 30k
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by Profkomolafe(m): 9:47pm On Jun 10, 2015
payment: they knew what you came out with doesnt determine your ability and capability and on the same ground, the employer can cut down cost of paying staff.

1 Like

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by Rosemary216(f): 9:49pm On Jun 10, 2015
To give third class degree holders hope in a place where they have already lost hope!!!

2 Likes

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by ogawisdom(m): 9:50pm On Jun 10, 2015
Mbkite:
A friend that works with one of these new generation banks told me about a job that was advertized internally in the bank, with Third Class as the only requirement. I have been wondering why they should make the job opening for only Third class graduates. I decided to bring it to Nairaland for proper deliberation.
What do you think?

Bc they want someone loyal n dedicated to his job bc d chances of getting anoda is zero lipsrsealed

I once got a good job advertised for BSC holders but lost it wen I unknowingly flashed my MSC certificate. D md had to plead wit to leave dt they dnt want someone who has got MSC lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by Omotayor123(f): 9:50pm On Jun 10, 2015
Since it's internal recruitment it's no big deal!
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by babs01(m): 9:52pm On Jun 10, 2015
Mbkite:

d diff btw 2.2 and 3rd class is just 0.1GP
0.01 it seems u ar a 3rd class graduate

8 Likes

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by charlesucheh(m): 9:54pm On Jun 10, 2015
Maybe it's specifically meant for cleaners and errand boiz!!!! If not, what kinda job would it be?

1 Like

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by Gorimakpa1: 9:54pm On Jun 10, 2015
oh boy FIRST CLASS and SECOND CLASS UPPER are just way too proud.....they dont seek or entertain other people`s opinion they believe their ideas, decisions or opinion is the best and supercedes others

1 Like

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by Mavelshee(m): 9:56pm On Jun 10, 2015
They probably want to pay lower salary
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by judedwriter(m): 9:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
shamsuRana:
He will work more harder than a donkey who knows
donkey ke, donkey ni, he will need d legs of a horse to run after bank clients and meet up crazy targets grin
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by benitwater(m): 9:58pm On Jun 10, 2015
so that u don't have to complain about ur remuneration.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by eleko1: 10:02pm On Jun 10, 2015
sad Abi ooooo.
Mbkite:

d diff btw 2.2 and 3rd class is just 0.1GP
Even mi wey grad with 2.1 nah one ND holder be my oga wey I dey salute with Yes Madam b4 they carry me waka go HQ grin

4 Likes

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by AreaFada2: 10:05pm On Jun 10, 2015
More likely to stay on the job longer perhaps.
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by tiwasiaife(m): 10:06pm On Jun 10, 2015
Mbkite:
A friend that works with one of these new generation banks told me about a job that was advertized internally in the bank, with Third Class as the only requirement. I have been wondering why they should make the job opening for only Third class graduates. I decided to bring it to Nairaland for proper deliberation.
What do you think?

bros I have a friend who need it badly abeg which bank is that and the branch?

1 Like

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by adadadon(m): 10:06pm On Jun 10, 2015
abayomi93:
Now I see the way you guys are seggregating 3rd class from a 2.2.so,it means 2.2 is not a bad result pa say!!. Bcus most people tend to put 2.2 on the same scale with 3rd class.
your logic faulty ooo
Pass and 3rd class are the same
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by wimgohealth: 10:08pm On Jun 10, 2015
So much pride with 2.1 and 2.2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by tiwasiaife(m): 10:09pm On Jun 10, 2015
Rosemary216:
To give third class degree holders hope in a place where they have already lost hope!!!
Are you from Nsukka Asadu
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by eleko1: 10:09pm On Jun 10, 2015
Is it a sin to graduate with 33d class?
babs01:

0.01 it seems u are a 3rd class graduate
undecided.A lecturer once told us in class that nobody will graduate with 1st klass and nah so we see am.

1 Like

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by Nasri100(m): 10:13pm On Jun 10, 2015
wimgohealth:
So much pride with 2.1 and 2.2

I have a friend who graduated with 2:2 in Physics then did his Masters and scored really high. The guy just dey carry shoulders as hell cheesy

''I have my masters, dont talk to me like that'' sad

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by tboneybone(m): 10:13pm On Jun 10, 2015
Space booked
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by yusufobinna1(m): 10:14pm On Jun 10, 2015
Yes some of the new generation banks now use 3rd class or HND lower for tellers because they believe 2.1 and 2.2 should nt be use as a teller and some may not convert the 3rd class.But I think they pay dem well too just that no conversion.

3 Likes

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by Skoopy(m): 10:15pm On Jun 10, 2015
A third class graduate if given the chance would want to prove a point, that sometimes grades do not really portray the exact intellectual status of someone. I bet such persons would work even more than a donkey.
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by Abelsconcept(m): 10:20pm On Jun 10, 2015
Space booked
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by trytim100(m): 10:22pm On Jun 10, 2015
which bank are we taking about
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by babs01(m): 10:24pm On Jun 10, 2015
eleko1:
Is it a sin to graduate with 33d class? undecided.A lecturer once told us in class that nobody will graduate with 1st klass and nah so we see am.
@bolded, which class is dat?

5 Likes

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by Ugojames(m): 10:25pm On Jun 10, 2015
triple09:
BECOME A RADIO FREQUENCY (RF) ENGINEER IN LESS THAN A MONTH
CONNIG TECHNOSERVE LTD, a first class Telecommunications Company in association with CONNIG ACADEMY is offering you an opportunity to transform you career.....In 15days!!!
It is an opportunity to be empowered as a Radio Frequency Engineer. Our training facility can boast of the following:
• A dedicated team of well qualified and experienced instructors
• A conducive training environment
• Theoretical classes
• Practical led class
• On the field training/hands on experience
• An opportunity for possible employment
Target Audience
• Training is targeted to equip undergraduates and/or graduates seeking to enter the competitive job market
• Working class Telecom Engineers needing to upgrade their skills
• Anyone who wants to change careers
• Anyone who may not have a degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences but wants a career in Telecommunications
Major Course Topics
• GSM/WCDMA Systems Architecture
• Radio Network Planning
• Technical Site Survey
• Radio Network Optimization
• Network Systems
• WCDMA Interference Theory
• Frequency Planning
• Safety
• Work Ethics
Class Schedule
• 6 days Theoretical Classes
• 3 days Classroom Practical
• 6 days Hands on Training in the Field
Course Fee
• NGN50,000.00 (Fifty Thousand Naira)
Course fee covers the following: Tuition Fee, Practical Fee, Exam Fee, and Certificate Fee
Commencement Date
Program is expected to commence on Wednesday, 1st July, 2015

Hope u know that u didn't include a contact address?
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by Mbkite(m): 10:26pm On Jun 10, 2015
babs01:
0.01 it seems u ar a 3rd class graduate
na crime to graduate with 3rd class? 1st class graduate, go carry cup for stadium.
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by samuelson06(m): 10:26pm On Jun 10, 2015
CrazyMan:
Truth is most banks are beginning to realize that there's really no difference between 2.2 some 2.1 and 3rd class holders. All it takes is just a little brushing up and their personal skills would begin to manifest.

Also a 3rd class degree holder wouldn't complain much when paid peanuts because he knows that his chances of getting a better offer outside is very slim compared to a 2.1 and 2.2 degree holder. I believe that the bank is just trying to capitalize on that in order to maximize its profit.

Na lie o. Once you don get like 4 years experience, third class no matter again o

3 Likes

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by Kingsasian(m): 10:26pm On Jun 10, 2015
Mbkite:

yea, bt in most cases it takes extra hardwork n smartwork to make gud result.
and how many graduates can defend their 2.1? Many of them paid or bribed their way to get such results.

4 Likes

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by eleko1: 10:28pm On Jun 10, 2015
Check where 3 and R button dey for BB.I dnt have time to modify post.Since u see' r'u shud knw beta.
babs01:

@bolded, which class is dat?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them / Edo State Civil Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment (37 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.