Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? (58879 Views)

9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree / Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. / YES! There Is Hope For 2.2 And Third Class Grads: Job Hunting Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 11, 2015
[quote author=TBD post=34657155][/quote]
I know people who having been working free for 2 years now...

NO JOB!

1 Like

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by Balloteli(m): 12:38pm On Jun 11, 2015
I guess it will be because of d payment.
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by orogodoganyin(m): 1:11pm On Jun 11, 2015
lol... y do ppl keep thinking it's gotta do wt d pay? are u a first class graduate or a 2.1 grad? have u asked urslf hw employable u r? wot exactly d'u fink u can add to a team except average G.P, that a 3rd class student can't. it's jst d third class students need to figure out themselves, believe in their strength nd improve on it.

abeggy, who has used the umi hammer phone to drive a 6" nail into a wall or an iroko tree?
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by orogodoganyin(m): 1:29pm On Jun 11, 2015
babs01:

0.01 it seems u ar a 3rd class graduate

lol. i assure u standard 3rd class graduates r better than that.

perhaps he finished from a nice school where they round up G.P nd produce as many first class grads as possible... that won't happen under prof. Babalola of microbiology, OAU cheesy

1 Like

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by samuelson06(m): 1:57pm On Jun 11, 2015
CrazyMan:

When you're a contract staff in a bank for 4 years do you think your four years experience would matter much considering the fact that you have 2.1 and 2.2 degree holders in the same bank who have spent four years with you as well.

Even if the bank decides to convert a few of you guys into full staff, it would still come down to qualifications and you still won't stand a chance.

Your only solution would be to go for PGD, then masters and some professional courses. That's when employers would begin to take you seriously.

Noted.
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by TBD(m): 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2015
I also graduate with 3rd class, is not going to stop what God has destining for me by God grace.

1 Like

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 3:05pm On Jun 11, 2015
Mbkite:

d diff btw 2.2 and 3rd class is just 0.1GP
That 0.1 is as a result of hard working most of d time oooooo. Hin no easy abeg.
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by trytim100(m): 3:12pm On Jun 11, 2015
which of the bank is doing this pls
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by Gorimakpa1: 3:26pm On Jun 11, 2015
mytym:

Seems you don't know how big 0.10 is in the scheme of things.
I had a friend back in skool, his 200level rain semester cgpa dropped from 3.53 to 3.45...i.e 0.08 and for another 6 semesters he couldn't cross the bridge again. This brilliant dude eventually graduated with 3.48 in Electrical Engineering...
He presently works in Texas with an Energy firm but prior he was denied a lot of chances here in nigeria to prove his brilliance coz he made 2.2 which was caused by a 0.02 lag.

In essence, 0.1gpa is alot and can alter a man's destiny forever.
By the way 0.1 is the difference btw 1st class&2:1, 2:1&2:2, 2:2&3rd class..
everyone that did not make it here because of low grade seems to be thriving the moment they leave the country soil....that tells alot that theres something definiely wrong with the entire system

1 Like

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by STEVENcrack(m): 3:45pm On Jun 11, 2015
All of you on nairaland are too dumb for my liking..mtcsheww.
Even if you guys gat no brain can't u pretend.
It can't be more that they want to pay peanut.
THIRD class and HND pass are equivalent to S.S.C.E
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by Aquarianconsult: 4:41pm On Jun 11, 2015
3rd class or even pass! get your dream job with UK PITMAN Certification for a token!!! 30% discount on all courses, diplomas and certifications. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. Get certified.... smiley smiley

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by orogodoganyin(m): 6:41pm On Jun 11, 2015
STEVENcrack:
All of you on nairaland are too dumb for my liking..mtcsheww.

Even if you guys gat no brain can't u pretend.

It can't be more that they want to pay peanut.

THIRD class and HND pass are equivalent to S.S.C.E

salute to the world's most celebrated fool

4 Likes

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by MevsU(m): 6:52pm On Jun 11, 2015
Gorimakpa1:

bro it does. if you think i am lying take a stroll around to confirm if its true or not....these banks know what they are doing. these bogus degrees will not allow one to have a flexible or malleable thought process which are core and central to creativity, entrepreneurship, problem solving and other invaluable vital skill one may never learn in school. most of these peeps are intelletually rigid.

bros, that is your own opinion and i respect it but i still maintain my stand.
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by MevsU(m): 6:57pm On Jun 11, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Because of their 3rd-class degrees, such graduates are often motivated to work hard to prove themselves and their capability, compared to second class upper and first class degrees graduates who feel that their bachelor's degree status has proven their worth. Also, 3rd class graduates don't walk around with a sense of entitlement like first class and second class upper degree candidates do because they have 'highly prized degrees', and thus are easy to manage financially. Prospective employers can negotiate salary terms favourable to them (the employers) without much objection from the graduates, who are often happy and willing to accept the job offer in the first place, given the odds against 3rd degree holders in obtaining employment in the Nigerian job market.

It is often said that one's academic performance is a poor prediction of one's chances of success in the real world. In the real world, being 'street savvy' is the quality needed to survive and a lot of first class graduates don't have that quality. In this regard, 2nd-class graduates are often seen as more 'balanced'. A lot of more qualities come into play in the job world such as emotional intelligence, listening, team playing skills, social skills etc. Several 3rd-class graduates have graduated and gone on to the real world to become excellent movers and shakers of the economy. Think of Wole Soyinka, Tony Elumelu (who is rumoured to have a 3rd-class degree) etc.

These are basically some reasons I can give off the top of my head as to why certain employers would prefer to go for third class degree graduates.

please let me chip in this, any third class graduate who goes on to do well after school have always had that potential in him/her but failed to make use of it while in school.
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 11, 2015
Theanointed3:
The truth is that employers no that some of the 2.1 or 2.2 does not merit their grade due to cheating in schools while 3rd class must have worked hard on their own (no cheating).
That's a big lie.

1 Like

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by STEVENcrack(m): 7:15pm On Jun 11, 2015
orogodoganyin:

salute to the world's most celebrated fool
Ur level of stupidity exceeds my understanding.
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 11, 2015
I don't know why people just love to use threads like this to 'shade' graduates with 2.1 and 1st class. If graduates with 2.1 and above aren't smart enough to defend their certificates, explain how those with 3rd class can out smart them academically because if really they are more academically sound, most wouldn't come out with a 3rd class in the first place. There are various reasons why a company would request for a 3rd class candidate. But the 'credibility' of graduates with 2.1 and above has nothing to do with it so quit the hating.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by tiwasiaife(m): 7:45pm On Jun 11, 2015
Rosemary216:
. yes

wow were do u reside?
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by bigfrancis21: 8:45pm On Jun 11, 2015
MevsU:

please let me chip in this, any third class graduate who goes on to do well after school have always had that potential in him/her but failed to make use of it while in school.

Partially true but not always true. Like I said in my post academic performance isn't always a good predictor of success in life. There are different other types of intelligence out there, emotional, spatial, spiritual intelligence, social intelligence etc. which all come into play in the real world, which when pooled together resourcefully help one succeed in life.

1 Like

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by Rosemary216(f): 9:12pm On Jun 11, 2015
tiwasiaife:

wow were do u reside?
enugu
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by ExInferis(m): 9:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
bossOD:
it could be the boss is third class, I am I third class and if I am on the interview board I will not despise a third class.

my boss in the office is third class, but he is doing very well.

you and me both. 3rd class here too
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by charlesucheh(m): 11:23pm On Jun 11, 2015
millionboi:
stop tinkin 4rm ur Anus na
You wey dey think with ur KIDNEY, Oya!!! enlighten me more!!
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by bossOD: 9:11am On Jun 12, 2015
eduxerxes:
wow! E be like say Third class runs in ur office's DNA grin

and for quoting me, I dong transfer am give u, while I step up higher. enjoy the third class level now
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by haul: 9:59am On Jun 12, 2015
koyyes:
I don't know why people just love to use threads like this to 'shade' graduates with 2.1 and 1st class. If graduates with 2.1 and above aren't smart enough to defend their certificates, explain how those with 3rd class can out smart them academically because if really they are more academically sound, most wouldn't come out with a 3rd class in the first place. There are various reasons why a company would request for a 3rd class candidate. But the 'credibility' of graduates with 2.1 and above has nothing to do with it so quit the hating.

You said "academically" the real world is not academic
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by eduxerxes: 10:51am On Jun 12, 2015
bossOD:

and for quoting me, I dong transfer am give u, while I step up higher. enjoy the third class level now
hahahaha, very funny. I already have my B.Sc and M.sc, into my PhD now. A lecturer already. Enjoy ur 3rd class citizenship Bro
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by tiwasiaife(m): 1:36pm On Jun 12, 2015
Rosemary216:
enugu

give me ur no pin
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by tiwasiaife(m): 1:38pm On Jun 12, 2015
Rosemary216:
enugu

give me ur no pin
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by Rosemary216(f): 1:56pm On Jun 12, 2015
tiwasiaife:

give me ur no pin
my wat?
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by 53cur3m0d3(m): 2:36pm On Jun 12, 2015
Hello ExInferis, long time no mail cool
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by tiwasiaife(m): 2:48pm On Jun 12, 2015
Rosemary216:
my wat?
bbm pin or ur no to add u on watsap
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by Rosemary216(f): 5:01pm On Jun 12, 2015
tiwasiaife:
bbm pin or ur no to add u on watsap
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by Jagabanthelion: 6:37pm On Jun 12, 2015
Mbkite:

I am convinced that you dnt knw d essence of this thread. U dnt knw my grade, u dnt knw if attended uni, u dnt knw if I want to work 4 sumbody, u just took d whole thing personal and even concluded am unemployed. My dear, learn hw to talk becos, it is very important.

"They require a 3rd class graduate,what could be the reason". That's d topic of your post. If they required a 1st class,2.1 or 2.2 graduate,will u ask them for their reasons? U went ahead to endorse comments that suggested that maybe the manager graduated with a 3rd class as the reason.If the job requested for 1.1,2.1 or 2.2,would u have endorsed comments ascribing it to wat the manager graduated with? U also endorsed low pay as a reason,so a 3rd class employee must earn lower or next to nothing? I read the post and comments well b4 commenting. Your post is discriminatory. Once again,I didn't graduate wit a 3rd class,just stating d truth abt ur post. Imagine how a 3rd class holder would feel reading this post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them / Edo State Civil Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment (37 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.