Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,915 members, 7,806,661 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

What Is The Difference Between Make And Made? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Difference Between Make And Made? (7657 Views)

Alright Vs All Right : What's The Difference? Let's Learn. / 5 Studying Mistakes Students Make And The Remedies / Difference Between Bsc And Bsc (hons) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between Make And Made? by Ayima: 8:53am On Jun 09, 2015
Want to really know the difference between those two words and how to use it. I bet you some people don't really know when and how to use it. Ok English teachers please help us.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Make And Made? by StepTwo: 9:02am On Jun 09, 2015
okay

Make is a past tense. Eg. I had already make dinner when my Dad returned from work.

while Made is a future tense. Eg. i will made dinner before leaving for work.

I hope you get?

Now go and start usind the words correcting
Re: What Is The Difference Between Make And Made? by delishpot: 9:10am On Jun 09, 2015
Make is not past tense o. Made is past tense.
Make and made are one and same just you use made when reffering to things already done in the past
Make is present and its continous its still been done unlike made which reffers to what has been done.
MAKE also shows talent or aquired skill that can be used to creat something or do an act and the person has created things in the past. while MADE is something that has already been done/created.
i.e I MAKE clothes vs I MADE clothes.
I MAKE people feel better vs I MADE people feel better

Making - process

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between Make And Made? by sammyyoung2(m): 9:11am On Jun 09, 2015
Make - process

Made - Actualization

Datzall

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Make And Made? by Stargurl20(f): 9:01am On Feb 16, 2019
StepTwo:
okay

Make is a past tense. Eg. I had already make dinner when my Dad returned from work.

while Made is a future tense. Eg. i will made dinner before leaving for work.

I hope you get?

Now go and start usind the words correcting
pls tell me u r joking....
Op. make.....is present tense
made is past n past participle
Re: What Is The Difference Between Make And Made? by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 16, 2019
Modified

Make and Made are two verbs that refer to the same thing. That is to say that both ‘make’ and ‘made’ originate from the same verb form ‘to make’. The main difference between make and made is that ‘Make’ is the present tense of the verb while ‘Made’ is the past tense of the verb. Let us take a closer look at this difference between Make and Made in this article.

What Does Make Mean

Make is a verb in the present tense. To make can mean to create, to prepare something, to cause something to exist or happen or to compel someone to do something. For example, “My mother is making a dress for me” means that mother is creating a new dress. Make is also used to refer to the act of putting something in a proper state. Look at the examples below to understand differences uses of the verb.

“Ishilove forgot to make the bed.”

“Make a list of all his good qualities.”

“Nkechi does not even know how to make a cup of ”

What Does Made Mean

Made is the simple past tense and the past participle of ‘Make.’ Made is used to describe creations,preparations, arrangements that took place in the past. For instance,

“Anita Joseph made the bed all over again.”

“She made a new dress for her granddaughter.”

“Lala kicked the door and made a dent.”

“I’ve made a date with her, can you join us?”

However, ‘made’ is especially used to indicate the composition or structure of something. More accurately, it used to indicate that something is made out of something. For example,“This dress is made of cotton.” or “This door is made of glass.”

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Make And Made? by devidmiller5060: 9:25am On Mar 04, 2019
So luck to come across your excellent blog. Your blog brings me a great deal of fun.. Good luck with the site.
[url]https://dailygram.com/index.php/blog/504346/10-shortcuts-for-best-wordpress-security-plugin-2018-that-gets-your-result-/
[/url]

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? / Bala Blu Or Bulabo A New Slangs On Nairaland / Nabteb Result Checker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.