Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,520 members, 7,801,407 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1070869 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tnuola(f): 8:37am On Jul 04, 2015
deedee0:

I noticed too oo, infact the person opened another NL acct just to attack Tnuola

Lmao.. It is well o

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by OGreene: 8:39am On Jul 04, 2015
I pm'd you. Let me know if u got the msg.
I need to know how to go about it. Was there a physical interview?

pcachuks:

I applied for my parent for my convocation and they got the visa in one week.What will you like to know ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by AriseOCompatrot: 8:42am On Jul 04, 2015
ChriGo:
....My bros...sorry to say, I don't agree with the bolded statements...I want you to spit the way around it just like you said and lets see if there isn't any form of illegality involved.....Since students are only allowed to work 20hr/week, how much will you save after deducting bills wey fit make man go crazy...you realize you're left with nothing.....the way around this is to work cash Job which doesn't require SIN...with cash direct job, you can definitely work more hours cuz there is no way government would know since SIN isn't involve....with this, money can be saved but again working more hours would deter you from concentrating with studies which in-turn affects school grades plus its ILLEGAL!!(A friend almost got caught doing this)....The only legal way to do this is to work Full-time during scheduled break(You can work your a$$ off and make up to $10000 within 4 months break).... grin......

Thanks Chrigo. This is what people need. A detailed, no holds barred discussion on the issue. Let people be told the possibilities, the risks involved, and the ways around them. I remember a while back when someone (i think Siga but not sure) was advising guys to learn how to barb hair. Another person was telling of how people go up north to plant trees during long breaks. I am sure there are other skill stets apart from barbing and hair making that peeps can put to use when they get there. Those who know should tell. There must be ways people can make money beyond the 20hrs a week rule and thereby cater for themselves. Those who have experience on other legal ways that the less priviledged have used to earn extra bucks should share so that others can plan ahead. It is good to warn people about challenges but it is better to suggest possible ways around such challenges.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tnuola(f): 8:45am On Jul 04, 2015
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 8:50am On Jul 04, 2015
Jengbetiele:
I was just reading through and i saw....people arguing about the possibility of paying your fees and surviving without bringing enough money from Nigeria. Dearest brethren 90percent of Nigerians and Africans I have meet here are paying their fees themselves with no support from anywhere. I was so confused at first because the mentality I had from here was paying your fees or surviving without input from home(Tuition wise) all by yourself is next to impossible, well my experience here totally flawed all that. There is a way around it; as a matter of fact you wont have to get yourself involved in any form of illegality provided you can work hard....well you wont even need to be told by the time you see all your room mates taking up 2 to 3 jobs closing from one job to resume for another, and having so much in their account to maintain and comfortably pay their tuition, you self go blend quick quick. And as regards the 20 hours per week for international student.....(there is a way around this too) I dont want to share how when you enter you go understand. Its nothing illegal, all i can say about that is where there is a will there is a way.... I am not encouraging anyone to go against the law because rules are rules and they are meant to be obeyed and i will never go against any myself but the funniest thing is even if you go against the minimum hours rules here and you have reasonable explanations, you wont be bounced "reasonable explanations" I have meet uncountable numbers of international students majorly Africans that came to Canada with just few months house rent and they are doing very fine. You may be thinking it could affect their them from concentrating.....you see life is so flexible here.....very very flexible. To cut the long story short, it is very very very very possible infact over possible.
Interesting View point...Correct!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 8:58am On Jul 04, 2015
ChriGo:
....My bros...sorry to say, I don't agree with the bolded statements...I want you to spit the way around it just like you said and lets see if there isn't any form of illegality involved....If you're advising peeps to come without having to pay tuition and don't wana share "how" then something is definitely shady about it.....Canada is not Nigeria where you break laws anyhow and think the government will listen to "reasonable explanation"...Muritala Airport is not far bro grin....Its best to tell peeps the harsh reality...Its very possible to pay Tuition fee in Canada but definitely not the way you stated(Can't even see none)....Since students are only allowed to work 20hr/week, how much will you save after deducting bills wey fit make man go crazy...you realize you're left with nothing.....the way around this is to work cash Job which doesn't require SIN...with cash direct job, you can definitely work more hours cuz there is no way government would know since SIN isn't involve....with this, money can be saved but again working more hours would deter you from concentrating with studies which in-turn affects school grades plus its ILLEGAL!!(A friend almost got caught doing this)....The only legal way to do this is to work Full-time during scheduled break(You can work your a$$ off and make up to $10000 within 4 months break)....This is what my classmates did....Majority all zoomed to Toronto to work their a$$ off so as to make enough money for tuition fee and other expenses....Its best to have at least two semesters tuition fee sorted out from Naija...after that, you can pay subsequent tuition fees yourself...THIS IS THE REALITY.....Canada is not heaven where everything is sure banker like baba ijebu....Jengbetiele, if you no want make people swear for you when dem land Canada to clearly see things themselves...You better tell them the Harsh truth biko grin......
Your suggestion is valid..Working ur ass off during holidays makes more sense..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 04, 2015
AriseOCompatrot:

Thanks Chrigo. This is what people need. A detailed, no holds barred discussion on the issue. Let people be told the possibilities, the risks involved, and the ways around them. I remember a while back when someone (i think Siga but not sure) was advising guys to learn how to barb hair. Another person was telling of how people go up north to plant trees during long breaks. I am sure there are other skill stets apart from barbing and hair making that peeps can put to use when they get there. Those who know should tell. There must be ways people can make money beyond the 20hrs a week rule and thereby cater for themselves. Those who have experience on other legal ways that the less priviledged have used to earn extra bucks should share so that others can plan ahead. It is good to warn people about challenges but it is better to suggest possible ways around such challenges.
this might not be my business cause am not a member of this Canada section..but I enjoy the way you guys help each other and this thread seems to move faster than ours.Am currently in the United States..20hour work a week can't help keep the body and soul together.You can write night clubs and strip clubs..They can employ you..I don't know how lucrative night clubs are in Canada..Over here,after my regular job during the day..strip clubs and night clubs is where I hustle..I make 80-100USD and more if rappers are hosted.Overseas,is not where you are limited to one thing..like naija..there are opportunities.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 9:25am On Jul 04, 2015
No one is reading between the lines....

This is a battle between the option you have or ure planning to execute based on your situation and the truth.

If so so person writes in your favour, you're quick to be happy and concur.

I just believe nothing is impossible...and my candid and final opinion is..
Without people in canada telling you this, you can do the mathematics.
If you're gong to have 3 semesters in a year...it won't be as eaasy as someone having 2semesters.
If you have coop it'll be easier than someone without.

Get you full tuition for your first year and maybe 6months accommodation at the least.
Then others can definitely be sorted out.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by arifayank: 9:27am On Jul 04, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by arifayank: 9:35am On Jul 04, 2015
I THINK I AM IN A MESS AND I NEED A WAY THROUGH,
i submitted my online application yesterday without adding letter from sponsor, i forgot because there was no column to upload it. a friend was just telling this morning that they dont consider Nigeria in online application { i doubted that really because it should have been clearly stated). my major frustration is how to upload that letter or probably get it to them for consideration, i have been given receipt for my biometric which i need to do on monday. at these juncture i am really scared of the information and not uploading my letter from sponsor. i have been doing it on my own because i was getting scared of been duped, i hope its not going to boomerang.
PLEASE SOMEONE SHOULD ADVISE ME ACCORDINGLY
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Gods1son: 9:38am On Jul 04, 2015
I'm just observing here. *short of words
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Pyroxene: 9:50am On Jul 04, 2015
kennykentipsy:
@Dbaba & @pyroxene my fellow Niagara mates how far ur application?? I pray you guys and everyother expecting medical call will get it soon.. amen
my bro the tension is so much that u can cut it with a knife lol. Infact my caller tune is canadian national anthem, I see niagara college when I close my eyes , I have downloaded videos of the college in my phone. A lot of videos. Can't wait. This is the 6th week. I really pray for favour from God and Man(V
O) tnxx for caring

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 9:52am On Jul 04, 2015
Omo...U can say that again...me and one sure guy here don even use google map Sabi bow toronto be...
Make God just help us o..
Pyroxene:
my bro the tension is so much that u can cut it with a knife lol. Infact my caller tune is canadian national anthem, I see niagara college when I close my eyes , I have downloaded videos of the college in my phone. A lot of videos. Can't wait. This is the 6th week. I really pray for favour from God and Man(V
O) tnxx for caring
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 9:55am On Jul 04, 2015
This is really a story that touches the heart.
I haven't seen anyone that has done t before.
But try to mail accra immigration, providing reference to your application and see what they can do.

This is where paper has an advantage, my babe forgot a document she wanted to add, she quickly made a U-turn to VfS and dropped it.

If na online, na gobe be that.
arifayank:
I THINK I AM IN A MESS AND I NEED A WAY THROUGH,
i submitted my online application yesterday without adding letter from sponsor, i forgot because there was no column to upload it. a friend was just telling this morning that they dont consider Nigeria in online application { i doubted that really because it should have been clearly stated). my major frustration is how to upload that letter or probably get it to them for consideration, i have been given receipt for my biometric which i need to do on monday. at these juncture i am really scared of the information and not uploading my letter from sponsor. i have been doing it on my own because i was getting scared of been duped, i hope its not going to boomerang.
PLEASE SOMEONE SHOULD ADVISE ME ACCORDINGLY
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by justwise(m): 10:07am On Jul 04, 2015
Jengbetiele:
I was just reading through and i saw....people arguing about the possibility of paying your fees and surviving without bringing enough money from Nigeria. Dearest brethren 90percent of Nigerians and Africans I have meet here are paying their fees themselves with no support from anywhere. I was so confused at first because the mentality I had from here was paying your fees or surviving without input from home(Tuition wise) all by yourself is next to impossible, well my experience here totally flawed all that. There is a way around it; as a matter of fact you wont have to get yourself involved in any form of illegality provided you can work hard....well you wont even need to be told by the time you see all your room mates taking up 2 to 3 jobs closing from one job to resume for another, and having so much in their account to maintain and comfortably pay their tuition, you self go blend quick quick. And as regards the 20 hours per week for international student.....(there is a way around this too) I dont want to share how when you enter you go understand. Its nothing illegal, all i can say about that is where there is a will there is a way.... I am not encouraging anyone to go against the law because rules are rules and they are meant to be obeyed and i will never go against any myself but the funniest thing is even if you go against the minimum hours rules here and you have reasonable explanations, you wont be bounced "reasonable explanations" I have meet uncountable numbers of international students majorly Africans that came to Canada with just few months house rent and they are doing very fine. You may be thinking it could affect their them from concentrating.....you see life is so flexible here.....very very flexible. To cut the long story short, it is very very very very possible infact over possible.

Please share it here since it's not illegal.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by justwise(m): 10:12am On Jul 04, 2015
ChriGo:
....My bros...sorry to say, I don't agree with the bolded statements...I want you to spit the way around it just like you said and lets see if there isn't any form of illegality involved....If you're advising peeps to come without having to pay tuition and don't wana share "how" then something is definitely shady about it.....Canada is not Nigeria where you break laws anyhow and think the government will listen to "reasonable explanation"...Muritala Airport is not far bro grin....Its best to tell peeps the harsh reality...Its very possible to pay Tuition fee in Canada but definitely not the way you stated(Can't even see none)....Since students are only allowed to work 20hr/week, how much will you save after deducting bills wey fit make man go crazy...you realize you're left with nothing.....the way around this is to work cash Job which doesn't require SIN...with cash direct job, you can definitely work more hours cuz there is no way government would know since SIN isn't involve....with this, money can be saved but again working more hours would deter you from concentrating with studies which in-turn affects school grades plus its ILLEGAL!!(A friend almost got caught doing this).... The only legal way to do this is to work Full-time during scheduled break(You can work your a$$ off and make up to $10000 within 4 months break)... .This is what my classmates did....Majority all zoomed to Toronto to work their a$$ off so as to make enough money for tuition fee and other expenses....Its best to have at least two semesters tuition fee sorted out from Naija...after that, you can pay subsequent tuition fees yourself...THIS IS THE REALITY.....Canada is not heaven where everything is sure banker like baba ijebu....Jengbetiele, if you no want make people swear for you when dem land Canada to clearly see things themselves...You better tell them the Harsh truth biko grin......
That is exactly how it's done. No other way around it legally.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 10:37am On Jul 04, 2015
Their numbers are always switched off. Send them an email. They will respond.

lexyj123:

Kindly send me their phone number in order to book appointment, cos the one i have on the CIC website ''08072191112'' is switched off since yesterday.
expecting your kind response soon, thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 10:40am On Jul 04, 2015
Congrats to all Medical and TRV Choppers. To those that have been delayed, it's not over. More good news to come in Jesus Name, Amen

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Pyroxene: 10:48am On Jul 04, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Omo...U can say that again...me and one sure guy here don even use google map Sabi bow toronto be...
Make God just help us o..
lol I don use google map view d who place...... Hehhehe I have even done virtual tour of lecture venues, labsan hostels cafeteria etc O boy d tension is real like a rice lol

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 10:52am On Jul 04, 2015
But @tnuola your point is different from @Chrigo's point. What you said is you don't advise anyone to leave Naija without the complete tuition for their program...what every other person (including those in Canada) has been saying is that you can work it out with at least 1 yr or 2 semester tuition and not necessarily the entire tuition for your program...

tnuola:

Lmao.. I'm tired of telling the harsh truth.. I won't even talk about it anymore, they don insult me tire... You done did it.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 11:00am On Jul 04, 2015
You just nailed it!!! grin

hayqinsbFX:
No one is reading between the lines....

This is a battle between the option you have or ure planning to execute based on your situation and the truth.

If so so person writes in your favour, you're quick to be happy and concur.

I just believe nothing is impossible...and my candid and final opinion is..
Without people in canada telling you this, you can do the mathematics.
If you're gong to have 3 semesters in a year...it won't be as eaasy as someone having 2semesters.
If you have coop it'll be easier than someone without.

Get you full tuition for your first year and maybe 6months accommodation at the least.
Then others can definitely be sorted out.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by richcasey: 11:06am On Jul 04, 2015
today makes it 1 month for me. i hope they send me my medical request in place of the "thank you for your patience" mail. grin

check my signature to see my 2 minutes short film i just shot for fun in Ghana.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 11:09am On Jul 04, 2015
lexyj123:

Kindly send me their phone number in order to book appointment, cos the one i have on the CIC website ''08072191112'' is switched off since yesterday.
expecting your kind response soon, thanks.

send me ur mail I will forward their contact to u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by richcasey: 11:13am On Jul 04, 2015

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Adenipekunt: 11:16am On Jul 04, 2015
house please
What do they mean by: at the point of entry, you still have to proof to the immigration officer that you have sufficient funds for your stay. I'm confused, cos its after i enter, that i'll open a canadian bank account so as to transfer funds to my new account.
Please can i still enter or what's the way out? angry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 11:17am On Jul 04, 2015
teana4040:
@kennykentipsy,tnuola....thanks for ur swift responses and recommendation....am grateful...pls i need to book an appointment with IOM...but the number online is switched off...who has bin there and has their number?

give me ur mail I will forward what the clinic sent to my mail it contains list of all their numbers and documents to bring along wen coming
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by richcasey: 11:21am On Jul 04, 2015
@kennykentipsy kindly post it up here too, so i can add it to the list of links. many thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 11:23am On Jul 04, 2015
...so that was what you went to Ghana to do...I hope you visited the VOs o. Is that you the "BOSS" or the one who got shot? grin ...Nice one bro, looking forward to the full movie.

richcasey:
today makes it 1 month for me. i hope they send me my medical request in place of the "thank you for your patience" mail. grin

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by deedee0: 11:28am On Jul 04, 2015
richcasey:

Hector! No kill VO o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by AriseOCompatrot: 11:29am On Jul 04, 2015
justwise:

That is exactly how it's done. No other way around it legally.

Chairman, I find it odd that you and Tinu are now jumping on Chrigo's post as if it is in consonance with what you guys said earlier. Tinu said categorically that people should not travel unless they have all the money complete. You (justwise) said anybody who travel without tuition and living expenses is PURE MADNESS. I even asked you if someone has 10k out of 15k tuition on a two year course, whether he should travel, you categorically said No! Your positions are at variance with that of Chrigo.

Jengetiele said people can travel with incomplete money and make a lot of money legally. Chrigo is disputing Jengetiele's claim as to how much people can make without breaking the law but Chrigo ended by affirming that people can make upto $10,000 a year legally by just working full time during the four months long break. In other words, Chrigo is saying that people can come with part money and work hard to make up the rest. Whether the stress of the work will tell on them or not was never the argument. It was whether or not they should venture out without complete tuition and living expenses.

And @justwise, I still dispute your claim that there is no other way of making money legally except through the 20 hours a week system or even the full time work during long breaks. If someone is gifted in designing websites or creating apps, whether or not the person is studying I.T. there, if that person works 20 hrs a week and can by the side use his software skills to design products that organizations there find useful, is that person engaging in illegality? If a lady who does accessories (beads and the likes) here in Nigeria, goes over there, takes up the 20 hrs a week offer, but on the sides is able to do beads she can sell to people of all races and creeds, is she breaking the law? If someone who writes scripts for Nollywood goes there and in spite of his course load and his 20hrs a week earnings, is able to sell a script for a short film to be aired during the toronto film festival, is he breaking the rules? Or someone studying engineering in Canny but in his spare time paints oil on canvass and sells as art work? I can go on and on but i'm sure you get my drift.

I am not in Canada yet so I am open to education from those who are there on whether the examples I have listed above are illegal. I have mentioned just four out of many other hands-on or intellectual gifts people can use to generate income outside of paid employment. My question is, would it be legal to do so? Let people knowledgeable and experienced with the Canadian system respond.

In any event, Chrigo, a well respected veteran of this thread, has swung the argument in favour of those who say that YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE ALL TUITION AND LIVING EXPENSES COMPLETE before you apply to schools or for TRV or eventually travel.

Opposing views are still welcome

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 11:30am On Jul 04, 2015
Pyroxene:
O) tnxx for caring

brother it is well we will all meet in maple land I keep u and @dbaba and all others awaiting Medical call in prayers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by AriseOCompatrot: 11:33am On Jul 04, 2015
Tor! I didn't even realize that Team12 (our very own resident VO in the house) had raised the same point i just posted. grin

Cae closed! File about to gather dust.

*Case

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.