Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,369 members, 7,800,744 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1070783 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by AriseOCompatrot: 2:14am On Jul 05, 2015
Onyeoma3:

Noted sir, but I can't remember reading on any page where anyone argued with you that cgpa is the only criteria needed for admission into any school in Canada.

Everyone on this thread that has applied for admission into any Canadian university /college at one point in time or the other knows too well that other factors such as references, statement of interest, and experience (in some cases) all add up towards consideration for admission.

Calm down ejor, your blood dey hot...no offense meant.

Hehehe...no offence taken sir, na learn all of us come learn for here. But you too need to heed the "Calm down Jor" advice you just gave me because the cgpa not being the only criteria ish was meant for the guy who asked the original question and not for you. He seemed to want to know if his cgpa met the cut off mark &i was only encouraging him to not give up on the admission even if his cgpa falls short. Maybe i should have posted that on his own question and not on your post.

How are you enjoying the summer? Abeg, remember us in your kingdom o!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hadassahnadra: 2:15am On Jul 05, 2015
Please,i'm new here, I was just called for medicals for canada's study permit,please,how can I get to 5d reverend ogunbiyi street at ikeja,please,i need urgent replies cos I wud be going on Monday. Thanks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 2:25am On Jul 05, 2015
Congratulations.
Where are you heading from...

What program are you going for, when did you apply and what route.
hadassahnadra:
Please,i'm new here, I was just called for medicals for canada's study permit,please,how can I get to 5d reverend ogunbiyi street at ikeja,please,i need urgent replies cos I wud be going on Monday. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by AriseOCompatrot: 2:26am On Jul 05, 2015
hadassahnadra:

Congratulations! May heaven smile on all we medical hopefuls as it has smiled on you. From what part of Lagos will you be commuting to Ikeja?

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Onyeoma3: 2:30am On Jul 05, 2015
AriseOCompatrot:

Hehehe...no offence taken sir, na learn all of us come learn for hear. But you too need to heed the "Calm down Jor" advice you just gave me because the cgpa not being the only criteria ish was meant for the guy who asked the original question and not for you. He seemed to want to know if his cgpa met the cut off mark &i was only encouraging him to not give up on the admission even if his cgpa falls short. Maybe i should have posted that on his own question and not on your post.

How preparations for summer? Remember us in your kingdom o!

Ok, I get your point now.... No wahala then.

Summer is not easy in this part of the world bro cos your eyes go see so tee....You go begin wonder esp if you no get wife/babe to calm your nerves down at the end of the day grin.... But you dare not touch cos na straight deportation...

The kingdom is open to all, na just say nobody dey gree come Queen's university make I show am some love...

If I may ask, which course did you study in your undergraduate degree?

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ChriGo(m): 2:39am On Jul 05, 2015
Onyeoma3:

Summer is not easy in this part of the world bro cos your eyes go see so tee....You go begin wonder esp if you no get wife/babe to calm your nerves down at the end of the day grin.... But you dare not touch cos na straight deportation...

The kingdom is open to all, na just say nobody dey gree come Queen's university make I show am some love...

....Hahaha!!!....Na you no wan touch Onye....Its not a crime to touch...You too dey form pastor grin....

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by AriseOCompatrot: 2:41am On Jul 05, 2015
Onyeoma3:

Loool...abeg expound on that "YOU DARE NOT TOUCH COS NA STRAIGHT DEPORTATION" abi singles no de mingle for Canada? If na so, tell us now o, make we for begin de re-route to other more "user friendly" places. grin

Undergrad: Biology
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Onyeoma3: 2:44am On Jul 05, 2015
ChriGo:
....Hahaha!!!....Na you no wan touch Onye....Its not a crime to touch...You too dey form pastor grin....

hahaha.. This man, leave me jare...which one be your own?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by AriseOCompatrot: 2:44am On Jul 05, 2015
ChriGo:

cheesy I tire o!

After person don dey 7 weeks fasting from babes on top waiting for TRV, shay e no go fit "RELATE" when e eventually reach the promise land?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ChriGo(m): 2:51am On Jul 05, 2015
Onyeoma3:

hahaha.. This man, leave me jare...which one be your own?
...I care alot about you bro...the fact that you survived the last winter doesn't mean you will survive the coming one grin....I dey watch you in 10D.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Onyeoma3: 2:52am On Jul 05, 2015
AriseOCompatrot:

Loool...abeg expound on that "YOU DARE NOT TOUCH COS NA STRAIGHT DEPORTATION" abi singles no de mingle for Canada? If na so, tell us now o, make we for begin de re-route to other more "user friendly" places. grin

Undergrad: Biology

It's pretty much allowed but you must touch with full consent sha... Some sharp dudes even apply for white babes and TRV at the same time... And have everything set upon arrival.

I'm not a fan of whites though, I prefer made in Nigeria goods and services to the core.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by colljames001: 2:55am On Jul 05, 2015
AriseOCompatrot:

cheesy I tire o!

After person don dey 7 weeks fasting from babes on top waiting for TRV, shay e no go fit "RELATE" when e eventually reach the promise land?

@AriseOCompatrot...Please I need your help....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ChriGo(m): 2:58am On Jul 05, 2015
AriseOCompatrot:

cheesy I tire o!

...LOL @Fasting from babes...you can relate with anyone jare...just don't be like my guy wey dey carelessly shoot any white babe at will and poping out babies like 2Face Idibia grin...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Onyeoma3: 2:58am On Jul 05, 2015
ChriGo:
...I care alot about you bro...the fact that you survived the last winter doesn't mean you will survive the coming one grin....I dey watch you in 10D.....

hahaha... Next winter is 4/5 months away... No cause for alarm bro. I go rough am as usual.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ChriGo(m): 3:01am On Jul 05, 2015
Onyeoma3:

hahaha... Next winter is 4/5 months away... No cause for alarm bro. I go rough am as usual.
....No worry...any potential babe reading this and heading to Queen's University will definitely pity you and PM you asap grin....

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by colljames001: 3:02am On Jul 05, 2015
mevisbleek:

I wish say na my biological father get that money lol

@mevisbleek...please I need your help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by AriseOCompatrot: 3:07am On Jul 05, 2015
ChriGo:
....No worry...any potential babe reading this and heading to Queen's University will definitely pity you and PM you asap grin....

The babe will not be pitying only him o, she will be pitying herself too cos she'll be just as needy as he. wink

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by AriseOCompatrot: 3:11am On Jul 05, 2015
Onyeoma3:

It's pretty much allowed but you must touch with full consent sha... Some sharp dudes even apply for white babes and TRV at the same time... And have everything set upon arrival.

I'm not a fan of whites though, I prefer made in Nigeria goods and services to the core.

Oh mehn, you funny die o! @ made in Nigeria goods and services I thought the general consensus is that everything in Canada is better than everything in Nigeria? Just as Canadian education is better than Nigerian educaton, Canadian "Entertainment" should be better than Nigerian "Entertainment" too nau. grin Abi how you check am?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by AriseOCompatrot: 3:12am On Jul 05, 2015
colljames001:

@AriseOCompatrot...Please I need your help....

I'm all ears sir!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Onyeoma3: 3:13am On Jul 05, 2015
ChriGo:

Kai, this guy... You never still change. No be only pity. She's also doing herself good in preparation of the rainy days(-35*C winter).

But before I accept the offer, I'll ask her: I hope you have your complete tuition fees and feeding allowances for the duration of your studies (with proof) and my own check will be more strict than the VO cos the consequence will be directly on top my head and pocket. wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Onyeoma3: 3:22am On Jul 05, 2015
AriseOCompatrot:

Oh mehn, you funny die o! @ made in Nigeria goods and services I thought the general consensus is that everything in Canada is better than everything in Nigeria? Just as Canadian education is better than Nigerian educaton, Canadian "Entertainment" should be better than Nigerian "Entertainment" too nau. grin Abi how you check am?

Naija babes rock anytime, na just say some of them dey overform...(Too much of everything is bad) and that's why some Naija guys wey no get that patience dey divert to whites cos once a white babe likes you, she doesn't form...She lets you know her mind...So the game can start at once.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ChriGo(m): 3:37am On Jul 05, 2015
AriseOCompatrot:

The babe will not be pitying only him o, she will be pitying herself too cos she'll be just as needy as he. wink
grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ChriGo(m): 3:44am On Jul 05, 2015
Onyeoma3:

Kai, this guy... You never still change. No be only pity. She's also doing herself good in preparation of the rainy days(-35*C winter).

But before I accept the offer, I'll ask her: I hope you have your complete tuition fees and feeding allowances for the duration of your studies (with proof) and my own check will be more strict than the VO cos the consequence will be directly on top my head and pocket. wink
...Hahaha!!!...You go fear Visa Officer Onyeoma...You better make ur pocket accessible else another winter go catch up with you without a software grin....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 3:49am On Jul 05, 2015
AriseOCompatrot:

I asked a question earlier and I am yet to get a response from anyone. If your advice is that someone with incomplete funds should not travel, because of the risk of getting stranded, then what would your advice be to someone who traveled with the promise of complete funds at the beginning but gets stranded just one year into his four year programme because his sponsor lost his job and the source of promised funds dried up? Will you advice him to enter the next flight and head back to Nigeria

Cheers to all contributors!
In my opinion I won't advice him or her to return to naija "if" there is any way he/she can get funds from friends/family (braiding hair or working in mcdonalds would not raise the fees). Note the "if".

I am very aware that in the UK, students do return home if they run out of funds. It's common. The university would log a debtor out of their system and such student could be reported to immigration. I am not aware if such happens in Canada, I came here on a different type of visa. Maybe guyz schooling/schooled in Canada can answer that question.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by MidnightinParis: 4:06am On Jul 05, 2015
senarthor:

Online or paper route please?
Note I said 'thanks for your patience" mail, not medicals oh.

Route: Online.

May we hear good news.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by MidnightinParis: 4:08am On Jul 05, 2015
hadassahnadra:
Wow....congrats!

When did you apply please and what route? PAPER OR ONLINE?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 05, 2015
waleakins:

yw bro. So whc program did u apply for. I want to apply for UG in computer science, second degree tho. I hv two start dates. 06Sept 2015 nd 09jan 2016. Im working on 09jan.

MAsters For fall '15
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by LOVINA1245: 7:35am On Jul 05, 2015
hadassahnadra:

congrats.... please what route did you apply.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kfrosh: 8:30am On Jul 05, 2015
Just type 'IOM Ikeja' on Nairaland search ; it will bring out different description that have been posted on this thread. There is no need of repeating descriptions and plssss don't hesitate to share your application profile with the house. Congrats!!!
hadassahnadra:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 8:52am On Jul 05, 2015
AriseOCompatrot:

Erm...I'm not sure what exactly you disagree with. The people who did illegality to stay back in the US, would they do illegality to stay back in Canada, UK or Australia too? Yes they would. And that is exactly what I inferred.

Here is how you can agree or disagree with my point. If all the source of funding for your PHD dries up tomorrow, would you resort to illegality to remain in Canada?

I don't have issues with your position however, I don't think it is a recommended advice. In this case, money is key as not meeting payment as and at when due could change your status to illegal when your registration is dropped. By whatsoever way you want to define illegality, my answer to your question would not help as you do not know my financial status not that of my family. I don't have issues with Nigeria as such, I did not have to force myself out of the country.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lexyj123(f): 9:01am On Jul 05, 2015
Anyone going to UBC VANCOUVER here? lets share things, thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by yinkaorry(f): 9:50am On Jul 05, 2015
hi guys do i need Educational Credential Evaluators or WES to evaluate or review my transcripts before sending it to niagara university for my masters program.some one please respond.

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.