Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,959 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1072481 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by CoCoLav(f): 5:45pm On Jul 25, 2015
Generals03:

Jollof, pringles and foxes?

Na wa o. The way ajebutters select and mix names of food never ceases to amaze me. cheesy

You mean we pakos.
BTW who has successfully carried palm oil inside before? How was it packaged biko?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by gabrola: 5:48pm On Jul 25, 2015
how do i pay my school fees. i want to pay part payment, how do transfer d money to school account.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 25, 2015
gabrola:
how do i pay my school fees. i want to pay part payment, how do transfer d money to school account.

Mail the school and ask for the details and procedure to pay tuition fees via bank wire transfer.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 6:00pm On Jul 25, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
well, what will you take that wont finish....
if God provides a job there, that expensive food will look so cheap.

just saying tho....ill hav preference for clothes than food...as those once wud last when the food has finished...

as for me 1 box for clothing the other box for food atleast I won't spend on food for a while
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 25, 2015
Generals03:

Jollof, pringles and foxes?

Na wa o. The way ajebutters select and mix names of food never ceases to amaze me. cheesy
lolz asin ehn...whc one be foxes again?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 25, 2015
gabrola:
Get ur skul bank details, go 2 ur bank and ask for form A transfer. They'll tell u d wah they need from you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 6:11pm On Jul 25, 2015
It wnt b bad if u get shoes tooo...
Water proof timbs ares aaid to be Cheaper here than canada...
So if u can save cost with that too...
Fall and winter is coming..
kennykentipsy:

as for me 1 box for clothing the other box for food atleast I won't spend on food for a while
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by subairrilwan(m): 6:24pm On Jul 25, 2015
Hello room, pls I don't kwn if I can use any bank statemnt different from parents or co joint bank statemnet
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ahyotomiwa: 6:25pm On Jul 25, 2015
@teana0404....aw far...hope the courier stuff is sorted now?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Omonjoe(m): 6:25pm On Jul 25, 2015
Contact ur school for bank details take it to the bank with ur acceptance letter, degree result , ur passport data page,& SSCE result and request for form A
gabrola:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by subairrilwan(m): 6:26pm On Jul 25, 2015
I. Am a serving corp member and I will be tru by march nxt year. I don't kwn the tyme to apply for university of manitoba post graduate sch for fall 2016

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 6:27pm On Jul 25, 2015
deedee0:

About two people told me to bring provisions.. And I'm wondering if they are actually referring to cornflakes and d likes.... Loool
I'm lost, infact PMing u and kennykentipsy straight away

well I made research on provision i.e milk beverage etc ar quite OK and also local foods ar cheap bur imported foods ar expensive it's better u buy them here that will sustain u for a while.

check those links for prices of local food

www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableaux/sum-som/l01/cst01/econ155a-eng.htm

www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by gabrola: 6:30pm On Jul 25, 2015
Omonjoe:
Contact ur school for bank details take it to the bank with ur acceptance letter, degree result , ur passport data page,& SSCE result and request for form A
thanks soooo much
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 25, 2015
bc2015:
lolz asin ehn...whc one be foxes again?

Lol i don't understand o. Let cocolav come and explain what foxes is. cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by MidnightinParis: 6:35pm On Jul 25, 2015
subairrilwan:
I. Am a serving corp member and I will be tru by march nxt year. I don't kwn the tyme to apply for university of manitoba post graduate sch for fall 2016
You can apply as early as this December or January next year I think. And start gathering your documents now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 6:37pm On Jul 25, 2015
Your milk will most likely be thrown into the garbage. Don't waste your money. Milk isn't really expensive. You can get a litre of fresh milk for $1-2. It'll even be heavy in your luggage sef. Just my opinion sha
kennykentipsy:

well I made research on provision i.e milk beverage etc ar quite OK and also local foods ar cheap bur imported foods ar expensive it's better u buy them here that will sustain u for a while.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 6:38pm On Jul 25, 2015
Good points.
Did your friend email CIC to change his/her DLI? Or did he/she just present a different admission at the POE without having changed his/her DLI?

@myb012, hope these conversations are helping you

IyaEjima:

Trust me, it's a big risk mailing only, esp if his travel date is close. A friend of mine changed schools and presented d letter from d new Sch @ YYZ, CBSA refused to let her in, until she called someone from the new Sch on phone and d person answered all questions asked correctly, then they stamped her passport and gave her a study permit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 6:44pm On Jul 25, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
It wnt b bad if u get shoes tooo... Water proof timbs ares aaid to be Cheaper here than canada... So if u can save cost with that too... Fall and winter is coming..
I have 8 pairs of shoes 1 winter boot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 6:48pm On Jul 25, 2015
TheBae:
Your milk will most likely be thrown into the garbage. Don't waste your money. Milk isn't really expensive. You can get a litre of fresh milk for $1-2. It'll even be heavy in your luggage sef. Just my opinion sha

I know am just saying provisions ar cheaper
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by yetunde84: 6:48pm On Jul 25, 2015
Please for a visiting visa, can you list all that is needed (documents) ...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by domex007: 7:00pm On Jul 25, 2015
Hi.friends, i am new to this part of the trend, applied to US for UG a couple of times but was denied visa,
gravinton and amefrica have encouraged me to try canada. i wanna try canada but i dont know much about canada as i know about US. please i need information about admission and visa processing.
i am 22, finished secondary school 2012 (gce result) my sponsor is in america and he is my uncle (father's brother) and he has a company account.
please friends, i want to know my chances of gettin the canadian visa.
thank you for your help and time..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Crich(f): 7:03pm On Jul 25, 2015
GboyegaD:

Carry Agege bread and fried chicken for your hand bag now.
Is this really allowed? I don't mind ooo.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Crich(f): 7:07pm On Jul 25, 2015
IyaEjima:

They probably meant beverages esp full cream milk, cabin(if u r a fan of cabin), Gnut, etc.. Cornflakes isn't necesary, u'll buy d best of flakes in Canada.. Pls be mindful of ur declarations, else u'll have them all thrashed if u r unlucky.. Esp d milk.
Pls, what do you mean by 'be mindful of your declarations'? Are there foodstuff that should be hidden and not declared? Pls, let's know those ones so I can leave them behind. I don't think I can hide anything since all my foodstuff will be inside one luggage.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Crich(f): 7:09pm On Jul 25, 2015
TheBae:
Lool. Yes now, not everyone eats plane food. No strength to be purging for 5 days
I never knew it's allowed. Very nice then. Hope they won't trash it at Lagos airport sha? U know our over zealous people.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 7:14pm On Jul 25, 2015
kennykentipsy:

Abeg, start to dey commot mind if something expensive ooo so that you no go dey translate everything to Nadia terms as that one reach fine person crazy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 7:14pm On Jul 25, 2015
Nope, they can't do that. It's allowed
Crich:

I never knew it's allowed. Very nice then. Hope they won't trash it at Lagos airport sha? U know our over zealous people.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 7:17pm On Jul 25, 2015
So was it this same company account that you used to apply to the US embassy?
domex007:
Hi.friends, i am new to this part of the trend, applied to US for UG a couple of times but was denied visa,
gravinton and amefrica have encouraged me to try canada. i wanna try canada but i dont know much about canada as i know about US. please i need information about admission and visa processing.
i am 22, finished secondary school 2012 (gce result) my sponsor is in america and he is my uncle (father's brother) and he has a company account.
please friends, i want to know my chances of gettin the canadian visa.
thank you for your help and time..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by deedee0: 7:20pm On Jul 25, 2015
IyaEjima:

They probably meant beverages esp full cream milk, cabin(if u r a fan of cabin), Gnut, etc.. Cornflakes isn't necesary, u'll buy d best of flakes in Canada.. Pls be mindful of ur declarations, else u'll have them all thrashed if u r unlucky.. Esp d milk.
Note taken.. Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by deedee0: 7:32pm On Jul 25, 2015
@CocoLav Fox cookies??
I actually thought all these things are prohibited oo, bn thinkn of how one will cope with the airplane food/stopover and hunger.. Lool. Fried turkey will be live!
This thread is too much kiss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 7:55pm On Jul 25, 2015
Just prepare well and have some saviet along side...
Hope uno go dey look side if person dey watch u sha..
deedee0:
@CocoLav Fox cookies??
I actually thought all these things are prohibited oo, bn thinkn of how one will cope with the airplane food/stopover and hunger.. Lool. Fried turkey will be live!
This thread is too much kiss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Kepner(f): 7:55pm On Jul 25, 2015
TheBae:

shocked Please, does this also apply to powdered milk as well?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by CoCoLav(f): 7:59pm On Jul 25, 2015
Generals03:

Lol i don't understand o. Let cocolav come and explain what foxes is. cheesy

Foxes cookies o, the one with chocolate on it.
@deedee0 why won't it be allowed?
Biko I am a foodie, I don't joke with my food.
I was even thinking of carrying fufu and afang grin grin grin tongue

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.