Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (256) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1072642 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 4:44pm On Jul 26, 2015
TheBae:
Lol they'll likely send the intro mail first but if they don't, they'll send it afterwards. Lol I'm a lady embarassed
Transgender or female from birth? Because Linda Ikeji just advised us to ask for birth certificate before believing ppl's gender.....lol! Sorry for the mix up

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 4:47pm On Jul 26, 2015
From what u wrote here, u sud have sensed a delay...
Because receiving a maill on the 13th of july means your pp left accra on the 8th(5days before) a day that coincides with the day you did medicals....your medicals weren't recieved b4 dey dispatched....
That doesn't matter now though...
Get yourself together aand make a decision as it would be very hear breaking right now...
All d best in whatever decision you make...May the Lord guide you
teana4040:
Pls....am a bit confused...i received medical mail on d 3rd of july,did my medical at IOM on d 8th of jul.. received a mail from vfs on d 13th of jul dat my application has been dispatched...received another mail on the 14th of jul dat my processed passport has being collected...though i paid for courier...i still avnt received my passport...who do i contact?am worried..thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 4:56pm On Jul 26, 2015
justicia:
Hello everyone, I guess its ok to book a one way ticket right, cos that's what everybody seems to be booking. Just curious cos av heard peeps here talk abt how booking a round trip is beneficial. Although the round trips am seeing have killer fares. Pls enlighten.

I dont know for Canada o, but I know a couple of Countries that might send you back right from the port of entry, in fact the first thing that would be required of you is your passport and return ticket. Then I doubt if the airline will even board you in Naija sef, because if something goes wrong with your documents and there's need to be deported, the bills would be on the airline, so they take so much caution for first time travelers. However, you may book one way after the first entry, if you have any cause to leave the country. I stand to be corrected though, as I don't know so much about Canada!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 4:57pm On Jul 26, 2015
Whatprogram are you going for at the university of manitoba
vinegar:

Let's quickly look at what she submitted....she has already listed her docs b4...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Turpsie(f): 4:59pm On Jul 26, 2015
teana4040:
Hello all....received my application via courier yesterday.then i get to see that i was delayed,i feel so terrible oo...everything was returned intact...and they ticked d following factors were ticked.
1. Travel history
2. Family ties in canada and in country of residence
3.Purpose of visit
4.Personal assets and finanical status.
Do i need more sponsors or what?
How do i tackle...am so confused right now

So sorry, pls try to defer ur admission and refire. Don't let the delay discourage u in any way, tho it is saddening and painful. Be strong, it is well
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 5:02pm On Jul 26, 2015
Lmao! What makes you think I can't forge a certificate? Lol
ayooluwatoni:

Transgender or female from birth? Because Linda Ikeji just advised us to ask for birth certificate before believing ppl's gender.....lol! Sorry for the mix up

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 5:03pm On Jul 26, 2015
TheBae:
Lmao! What makes you think I can't forge a certificate? Lol
Funny! I rest my case!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by teesboy: 5:05pm On Jul 26, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

I dont know for Canada o, but I know a couple of Countries that might send you back right from the port of entry, in fact the first thing that would be required of you is your passport and return ticket. Then I doubt if the airline will even board you in Naija sef, because if something goes wrong with your documents and there's need to be deported, the bills would be on the airline, so they take so much caution for first time travelers. However, you may book one way after the first entry, if you have any cause to leave the country. I stand to be corrected though, as I don't know so much about Canada!
A student can procure a one way ticket even as a first time traveler usually it's peeps on a visitors visa that MAY be required to show a valid return ticket.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 26, 2015
Am going for UG,my tuition was 14,200CAD, annual.living expenses was 10,000CAD.. my sponsor stated in his letter that 26,000CAD wld be available to me for my study yearly
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 5:06pm On Jul 26, 2015
Dipatched on the 13th means dispatched on the 13th, there's no tinko tinko there. There's no way she would have known. Ghana is just a couple of hours away so it's possible for it to have gotten to vfs the next day.
hayqinsbFX:
From what u wrote here, u sud have sensed a delay...
Because receiving a maill on the 13th of july means your pp left accra on the 8th(5days before) a day that coincides with the day you did medicals....your medicals weren't recieved b4 dey dispatched....
That doesn't matter now though...
Get yourself together aand make a decision as it would be very hear breaking right now...
All d best in whatever decision you make...May the Lord guide you

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 26, 2015
Computer science
hayqinsbFX:
Whatprogram are you going for at the university of manitoba
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 5:09pm On Jul 26, 2015
$26000CAD is about 4.5M (for just 1 year) and your sponsor had about 5M in his account. That's an issue because they know he can't empty his account for you. + when did you finish high school and what have you been doing since then? What work have you been involved in and what course are you going for?
teana4040:
Am going for UG,my tuition was 14,200CAD, annual.living expenses was 10,000CAD.. my sponsor stated in his letter that 26,000CAD wld be available to me for my study yearly
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 5:18pm On Jul 26, 2015
No ma..
I'm talking from experience...
Those people no sabi english..

For u to recieve a mail it means it's in lagos...they won't send u a mail the day it leaves accra..ull only know if u track constantly..
I recieved d same mail when I collected my docs too...I first tot the doc just left accra...only for me to get to vfs and sw my docs..
TheBae:
Dipatched on the 13th means dispatched on the 13th, there's no tinko tinko there. There's no way she would have known. Ghana is just a couple of hours away so it's possible for it to have gotten to vfs the next day.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 5:22pm On Jul 26, 2015
I won't lie to u...I don't want to sound like a theory maker..
Ur app is very okay.

When did you finish highschoool..?

teana4040:
Computer science
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lakusi(m): 5:23pm On Jul 26, 2015
Snappyfingaz:

Most people use Voip apps when calling naija. Telbo was 2.5c/minute just a few months ago but cost 4c/minute now.

Bros Uti u just went AWOL on bbm and in d forum ... I need ur opinion on sme issues. Please how cn I contact U?

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 5:24pm On Jul 26, 2015
Some people on this forum received mails and went to vfs to get their documents and they were told it hadn't arrived. That's why they say wait 3-4 days after the dispatch or mail before going to vfs. You know people's cases are different so you can't really be certain.
hayqinsbFX:
No ma..
I'm talking from experience...
Those people no sabi english..

For u to recieve a mail it means it's in lagos...they won't send u a mail the day it leaves accra..ull only know if u track constantly..
I recieved d same mail when I collected my docs too...I first tot the doc just left accra...only for me to get to vfs and sw my docs..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 5:26pm On Jul 26, 2015
teesboy:

A student can procure a one way ticket even as a first time traveler usually it's peeps on a visitors visa that MAY be required to show a valid return ticket.

Wow! This is interesting! Are you in Canada already? Did you go with a one way? Why me con dey find return ticket Like say bomb dey my head....lol. pls reply ASAP
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 5:30pm On Jul 26, 2015
Lol you can go with a one-way ticket but it may not be economical in the long run
ayooluwatoni:

Wow! This is interesting! Are you in Canada already? Did you go with a one way? Why me con dey find return ticket Like say bomb dey my head....lol. pls reply ASAP
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 5:33pm On Jul 26, 2015
TheBae:
Lol you can go with a one-way ticket but it may not be economical in the long run
That's another point anyway, most times the diff is always btw 50k and 100k
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 5:35pm On Jul 26, 2015
Yes, so you can just look at your program schedule and try to determine when you'll be on break and when you'll like to come visiting. You can pay 15k extra to be able to adjust your return date if plans change
ayooluwatoni:

That's another point anyway, most times the diff is always btw 50k and 100k
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 5:37pm On Jul 26, 2015
TheBae:
Yes, so you can just look at your program schedule and try to determine when you'll be on break and when you'll like to come visiting. You can pay 15k extra to be able to adjust your return date if plans change

Abeg wettin I dey come do? You want make village witches crash my plane? Would rather go to the US or UK to play....lolz....dont mind me o...just kidding!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omooba2015(m): 5:40pm On Jul 26, 2015
dahjor:

Please how about Orijin?
D one, I m waiting for your reply. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Gu2015: 5:41pm On Jul 26, 2015
TheBae:
yea,Bt why buy return ticket if u don't plan to come back to Nigeria in d next 1 year.cus d ticket is valid for only a year...I stand to b corrected.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 5:41pm On Jul 26, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 5:43pm On Jul 26, 2015
TheBae:
$26000CAD is about 4.5M (for just 1 year) and your sponsor had about 5M in his account. That's an issue because they know he can't empty his account for you. + when did you finish high school and what have you been doing since then? What work have you been involved in and what course are you going for?

What was his 6 months turnover like? How much is his annual income and how many dependent relations? Please dont mind this questions.....I can really imagine your state of mind at the moment, but I believe it's only a delay and not a denial! If you sponsors annual income is not so high, then they definitely wont believe he can afford to give you 4.5M every year! And in summary, you may want to look for another sponsor or a co-sponsor! It's not necessary you use someone related to you.....all you need is a fat account and the person should agree to give you his/her statement of account and also a letter to back it up.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 5:45pm On Jul 26, 2015
Gu2015:
yea,Bt why buy return ticket if u don't plan to come back to Nigeria in d next 1 year.cus d ticket is valid for only a year...I stand to b corrected.
Planning return ticket because I never knew they would allow a one way! I've heard of so many countries who dont allow one way even for students!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 5:45pm On Jul 26, 2015
You are correct. If he doesn't plan to come back within a year, he should definitely get one-way
Gu2015:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 26, 2015
lakusi:

Bros Uti u just went AWOL on bbm and in d forum ... I need ur opinion on sme issues. Please how cn I contact U?

Thanks.

Sorry, I broke my phone. I'm using a temporary phone but you can reach me on whatsapp though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 26, 2015
kennykentipsy:

pls what apps gives free credits or point?

"textme"
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Gu2015: 5:53pm On Jul 26, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

Planning return ticket because I never knew they would allow a one way! I've heard of so many countries who dont allow one way even for students!
really neva heard dat,esp if your program is for more dan a year,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by skymorbabs: 5:54pm On Jul 26, 2015
Sir/Madam, does canada university also did TOP-UP programme like UK? As I wanted to apply for BSc geology with my geology degree (3rd Class grade)?
Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 6:08pm On Jul 26, 2015
Why "sir"? You think this thread is only for guys? There are ladies on this thread that could give equally good opinions. No offense intended just stating the facts.

skymorbabs:
Sir, does canada university also did TOP-UP programme like UK? As I wanted to apply for BSc geology with my geology degree (3rd Class grade)?
Thank you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.