Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,727 members, 7,805,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1072231 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 7:52pm On Jul 28, 2015
Crich:

Thanks Teesboy. Within few minutes, it has gone back from 'updated' to 'your action is required'. I'm more confused. I don't know what's going on.

Check if you have a mail requesting your passport.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 7:53pm On Jul 28, 2015
Since you already have a BSc (presumably), the PGD is the better option for TRV purposes. This doesn't mean you can't get the visa with an advanced diploma, but it is just riskier if you don't have extremely convincing reasons. PGD represents a progression from your BSc.

1. Since you already have a Bsc, you likely can do a masters with an advanced diploma. But I stand to be corrected... you might want to email masters programs to ask and then get back to us on your findings.
2. The embassy will likely not ask you to pay school fees, but some people pay at least one semester tuition to demonstrate their commitment to the VO. But this doesn't appear to significantly influence the application outcome (with the exception of "insufficient funds" applicants).

charles316:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ototoyi: 7:54pm On Jul 28, 2015
Hi people,
sorry , had to delete the post. heard it will be viewed as a scam.
thanks though
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 7:57pm On Jul 28, 2015
I didnt get an approval mail. My cic account status just changed to "this application has been approved". The POE letter is sufficient

TheBae:
Nah, everyone should get it. The mail comes with an attached letter that introduces you to immigration at the airport. Some people just get it later than normal. If she picks her passport and the visa was approved, then she must request for the letter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by charles316: 7:58pm On Jul 28, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Two year? And it's senecaa....did u get a direct entry admission letter?
As u know u cud use the pgd to get trv.
As for masters ambition...I'll say u sud cross d first hurdlle first...

Sorry,three year course but I hope to apply to be allowed to start from second year. What did you submit to be admitted to 2nd year?

Now,must my sponsor have the same surname with me?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Crich(f): 8:00pm On Jul 28, 2015
2grozz:

Hahah
Got delayed jare...
Anyways refiring for jan 2016.....
So amen is still in ordee...
Amen!
I know that. I was prophesying concerning your next app
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 8:01pm On Jul 28, 2015
You just created your Nairaland account today, thus your profile has no history or credibility. Your first two posts are about getting people to transfer large sums of money on your behalf. I hope you will understand that these your posts will be construed as that of a potential scammer. Sorry. No offense intended.

ototoyi:
Hi people,
I need your help or you need mine, Is anyone in need of dollars in Canada or US, I need naira in my Nigerian account. Will pay in dollars to you US or canadian account. pls contact me on my email (writeoby@gmail.com). its alot o. like school fee amount
Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ototoyi: 8:02pm On Jul 28, 2015
oh really, thank you. I will delete it now and try other options. Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ototoyi: 8:04pm On Jul 28, 2015
post deleted
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Kesse2012: 8:10pm On Jul 28, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
What route did u apply with?
Anad when did you apply?

I don't understand ur last sentence.....u have a TRV that wud expire in 2018

U cud share ur profile and documents submitted So others can give their opinion

Paper application on 30th June
Upfront medical
Diploma in General Insurance and Risk Management, British Columbia Institute of Technology(this course gives me exemptions towards Chartered Insurer status, I stated this in LoE)
I have Bsc Maths and Stats(2005)

Working in an insurance company for 6yrs now
Self sponsor and hubby as co sponsor,

I have canadian TRV already, I only need permit to be able to study
Or it wasn't necessary to apply for study permit

Pls help, I'm confused
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by 2grozz: 8:12pm On Jul 28, 2015
Crich:

I know that. I was prophesying concerning your next app
grin
You do?
Awwwww!
Thanks! You are nor officially my nairaland bestie!
Hehe!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 8:12pm On Jul 28, 2015
okay...i fear....dont apply with the three year own ooo

youll have to submit your transcripts and detailed course outline to admissions and request for a direct entry consideration.
i hope its not tedious for you as it was for me.
i sent over a million mails.....
charles316:

Sorry,three year course but I hope to apply to be allowed to start from second year. What did you submit to be admitted to 2nd year?

Now,must my sponsor have the same surname with me?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Crich(f): 8:14pm On Jul 28, 2015
GboyegaD:

Check if you have a mail requesting your passport.
'Your action is required' is now 'submitted' and medical is now 'passed'
Expecting the passport request now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 8:15pm On Jul 28, 2015
i am confused here...
where did you apply from? Nigeria.
have u gone for your documents or you only tracked and saw dispatched.
why submitting a fresh application for a TRV when u can just go to the point of entry and get a study permit with a valid letter of acceptance (guus shud correct this statement if im wrong)

Kesse2012:

Paper application on 30th June
Upfront medical
Diploma in General Insurance and Risk Management, British Columbia Institute of Technology(this course gives me exemptions towards Chartered Insurer status, I stated this in LoE)
I have Bsc Maths and Stats(2005)

Working in an insurance company for 6yrs now
Self sponsor and hubby as co sponsor,

I have canadian TRV already, I only need permit to be able to study
Or it wasn't necessary to apply for study permit

Pls help, I'm confused
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Gu2015: 8:16pm On Jul 28, 2015
Crich:

'Your action is required' is now 'submitted' and medical is now 'passed'
Expecting the passport request now.
they wld send U a passport request soon.got mine d next day...so b warming up grin

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by jesscaxt(f): 8:18pm On Jul 28, 2015
Kesse2012:
Hello guys
This is my first post, I chanced upon this site after I had put in an application for study permit and I have just been refused today. Right now, I'm devastated...

I wander if anyone else is in a similar situation? I have a valid TRV that will expire in 2018 and I applied for a 2 yr diploma

Uhn! U have a valid trv till 2018 and u still go go apply for anoda 2yrs omo leave some for us na.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Kesse2012: 8:29pm On Jul 28, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
i am confused here...
where did you apply from? Nigeria.
have u gone for your documents or you only tracked and saw dispatched.
why submitting a fresh application for a TRV when u can just go to the point of entry and get a study permit with a valid letter of acceptance (guus shud correct this statement if im wrong)

I picked my documents

Reasons for refusal:
I have not satisfied VO that I would return to my country, reasons considered
Purpose of visit
Length of proposed stay in Canada
Current employment situation ( I just can't believe this, I presented letter of introduction from office, salary account statement and pay slips

Can I really just go to POE for study permit

I applied from Ghana
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 8:32pm On Jul 28, 2015
well,
its only TRV that the embassy issues.
im surprised you have till 2018 and u still submitted an application for TRV.
thats enough reason to confuse the VO.
he or she wont extend it na...ur passport no go fit carry am sef....

may i ask how yu got the temporary resident visa that will expire in 2018.
are in nigeria now

OR DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE FROM A VISITORS VISA TO A STUDY VISA?
Kesse2012:

I picked my documents

Reasons for refusal:
I have not satisfied VO that I would return to my country, reasons considered
Purpose of visit
Length of proposed stay in Canada
Current employment situation ( I just can't believe this, I presented letter of introduction from office, salary account statement and pay slips

Can I really just go to POE for study permit
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 8:37pm On Jul 28, 2015
@hayqinsbFX, I think there's a possibility that @Kesse2012 has a TRV for another purpose.
@Kesse2012, had you previously made a successful study permit application to CIC (before this most recent application)? If no, then you still need to apply for a study permit, regardless of if you already have a TRV for a different purpose.

A TRV enables you to enter Canada. It is an entry document for an explicit purpose (visiting or study or business or whatever). It is different from a study permit. If your TRV was not issued for study, then you have to apply to CIC for a study permit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 8:38pm On Jul 28, 2015
yh...i think i understand now.
she myt want to change her immigration status..
thesoj:
@hayqinsbFX, I think there's a possibility that @Kesse2012 has a TRV for another purpose.
@Kesse2012, have you previously made a successful study permit application to CIC? If no, then you still need to apply for a study permit, regardless of if you already have a TRV for a different purpose.

A TRV enables you to enter Canada. It is an entry document for an explicit purpose (visiting or study or business or whatever). It is different from a study permit. If your TRV was not issued for study, then you have to apply to CIC for a study permit.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by teesboy: 8:39pm On Jul 28, 2015
Kesse2012:
Hello guys
This is my first post, I chanced upon this site after I had put in an application for study permit and I have just been refused today. Right now, I'm devastated...

I wander if anyone else is in a similar situation? I have a valid TRV that will expire in 2018 and I applied for a 2 yr diploma
Your statements are contradictory. How exactly did you obtain your valid TRV that will expire in 2018?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 8:46pm On Jul 28, 2015
not contradicting we just have to understand as it is a rare case.

she has a valid TRV but its not meant for study, maybe some other reason.....conference, visit or business......Now she applied to study...

i think im right with her situation
teesboy:

Your statements are contradictory. How exactly did you obtain your valid TRV that will expire in 2018?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by favour0011: 8:56pm On Jul 28, 2015
hey bro.... pls can u tell me universities that accept soft copies of transcripts?? not colleges, just universities. thanks!!
soji0509:
Yes, you can send the soft copy in advance and in the interim.
Processing on your application can then continue while the school awaits the hard copy from your Nija school.
I have seen people here offered CONDITIONAL admission self, with only soft copy. The admission letter changes to UNCONDITIONAL after the receipt of the hardcopy. This can quicken the process sometimes. It may NOT be the same for all schools however.
A mail to the admission officer can always clear the doubt. Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 28, 2015
Pinkygrace:

So you went without me cry. Thank God you arrived safely.
Of course u will definitely join me before school resumes wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Kesse2012: 9:11pm On Jul 28, 2015
thesoj:
@Kesse2012, had you previously made a successful study permit application to CIC (before this most recent application)? If no, then you still need to apply for a study permit, regardless of if you already have a TRV for a different purpose.

@thesoj
This was my first application for a study permit
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 9:13pm On Jul 28, 2015
wat day was ur package dispatched from accra.
u havent answered the question of how and wat status of trv u have now....

Kesse2012:

@thesoj
This was my first application for a study permit
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by favour0011: 9:13pm On Jul 28, 2015
this is not a matter of been lazy. its a general question. diff people here must have gotten their admission without sending a hard copy of their transcripts to the school and sharing that on this forum might help one or two people seeking admission. i didnt expect a response from you if u dnt hv an answer.
soji0509:
But which kind of request is this one ? How do expect 1 person here to know what obtain in all schools in canada ?
Don't be lazy PLEASE. Send a mail to the admission officer of the school of your interest. They are the final authority on this and other matter that may concern your interest. Their email address is on the schools' web sites. Take care
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Kesse2012: 9:17pm On Jul 28, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
not contradicting we just have to understand as it is a rare case.

she has a valid TRV but its not meant for study, maybe some other reason.....conference, visit or business......Now she applied to study...

i think im right with her situation

Yes, you are right
The visa I have now is for visit though multiple entry
It does not permit me to work or study

I visited the school in Canada last year, they told me I could apply from within, by posting my documents to Los Angeles but I thought it wiser to return home and apply from Ghana cos I couldnt just give up my job when I didn't what the outcome of the application would be.
Now I'm not sure what my next move should be
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 9:19pm On Jul 28, 2015
That is what we regard as approval mail. Your POE letter is sent attached to an email. And since the first paragraph of the letter states that the visa is approved, we're simply calling it approval mail. Do you understand? What we're saying is that he/she didn't get that mail
Team12:
I didnt get an approval mail. My cic account status just changed to "this application has been approved". The POE letter is sufficient

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Kesse2012: 9:22pm On Jul 28, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
wat day was ur package dispatched from accra.
u havent answered the question of how and wat status of trv u have now....

I got the dispatched mail this morning ...
I live in Accra, so I was able to pick up this afternoon
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 9:23pm On Jul 28, 2015
oh....ure ghanian and you applied from ghana.

its good you came home to apply though.
list your docs and let guys put their suggestions
Kesse2012:

Yes, you are right

I visited the school in Canada last year, they told me I could apply from within, by posting my documents to Los Angeles but I thought it wiser to return home and apply from Ghana cos I couldnt just give up my job when I didn't what the outcome of the application would be.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by standupguy(m): 9:23pm On Jul 28, 2015
Kesse2012:

Yes, you are right

Up untill early 2015, people on visit could apply for study permit from within Canada.
Right now I guess you have to apply from your country of residence despite having a valid TRV.
I am not sure what that is meant to control.
The reason for refusal now looks like a mockery of the whole process. Telling someone who has been to country and back that he won't leave after studies.?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.