Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1072830 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 29, 2015
Woah! So many new and unfamiliar names shocked

Summer has not been fun really, working and taking summer classes when your friends are traveling and enjoying life is not all fun grin angry

Congrats to everybody who already got their VISAs approved, and everybody who didn't get theirs, just know it's not the end of life. Brace yourself, patch the holes and relaunch your app. It is not over until it's over.

Also, is anyone coming to New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI or Newfoundland soon? Toronto is not left out too, maybe this week or next? Pls quote or send me a PM. I wish you guys success as you plan on starting a new phase of your life.

See you all soon! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by rushingwind05: 2:47pm On Jul 29, 2015
PLEASE email me with this nattybrown2003@yahoo.com .thanks
rushingwind05:
please myb012. i want you to help me with the agent phone number. i really need help to get admission. iam a bsc holder but my fiance want to hepl me get admission in canada. but he says he want to apply for college. that their tuition will be cheap for him to sponsor me.but i want i need smeone who can help me with school that can give me admmision on graduate program. but it must be college base on wht my fiance said. any help?[
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by bbdd: 2:49pm On Jul 29, 2015
thesoj:
You just created your Nairaland account today, thus your profile has no history or credibility. Your first two posts are about getting people to transfer large sums of money on your behalf. I hope you will understand that these your posts will be construed as that of a potential scammer. Sorry. No offense intended.

He posted on the USA thread too.
Something is not right.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omooba2015(m): 2:54pm On Jul 29, 2015
possibility57:
Dear Nairaland,
# This is my testimony. This is intended for you guys to know that with God, all things are possible. All you have to do is ask HIM.
After I received an admission offer for winter 2015, I proceeded to the study permit application after gathering all my documents.
CIC FIRST APPLICATION (ONLINE)
Application submitted: October 12, 2014
Application closed and rejected: November 10, 2014
Rejection reasons: Purpose of visit, length of proposed stay, personal assets and finance, current employment situation.
Documents submitted: All CIC forms and requirements including; confirmation letter from the institution, IMM1294E, IMM5645E, passport, evidence of work requirement in study (since the program had an internship component) and digital photo.
Proof of finance which comprised of my uncle’s (sponsor) bank statements, letter of employment stating his salary, statutory declaration (affidavit), passport and latest tax receipt.
CIC SECOND APPLICATION (ONLINE)
Application submitted: November 13, 2014
# Guys know that the start date for the program was on January 5, 2015 and if I do not withdraw from the program before that date, my paid tuition would be a loss. So is either I withdraw from the program at that moment or risk it all for CIC. What would you have done if you were being sponsored by someone? So, I withdrew from the program and applied again to the same institution since they (institution) could not defer an admission offer and waited for what will happen next.
Medical request: January 6, 2015
Medical passed: January 11, 2015
Passport Request: January 12, 2015
Passport submitted: January 13, 2015
Application closed: January 14, 2015
POE introductory letter: January 15, 2015
Passport collected: January 16, 2015
Documents submitted: All CIC forms and requirements including; confirmation letter from the institution, IMM1294E, IMM5645E, passport, evidence of work requirement in study (since the program had an internship component) and digital photo.
1. Proof of finance which comprised of my uncle’s (sponsor) bank statements, letter of employment stating his salary, statutory declaration (affidavit), passport and latest tax receipt.
2. Letter of explanation which contained study plan (SOP), WAEC results, degree certificates and transcripts, birth certificate, CV, proof of national service completion and my own bank statements.
# You should now understand at this point that when I had an admission offer, there was no visa and now I have a visa and no admission offer.
# I can say that I just received another offer of admission recently and I decided to share this personal information with you because I also learnt from others here.
# Please bear in mind that it has always been prayer (sometimes fasting in addition) throughout because nothing is too hard for the Lord. I would say that do not give up on God for he has not given up on you. Keep believing. He did it for me and can also do it for you as well.
Wow.. Congratulations..... God is good.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omooba2015(m): 2:59pm On Jul 29, 2015
Amefrica:

Summer has not been fun really, working and taking summer classes when your friends are traveling and enjoying life is not all fun grin angry

Congrats to everybody who already got their VISAs approved, and everybody who didn't get theirs, just know it's not the end of life. Brace yourself, patch the holes and relaunch your app. It is not over until it's over.

Also, is anyone coming to New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI or Newfoundland soon? Toronto is not left out too, maybe this week or next? Pls quote or send me a PM. I wish you guys success as you plan on starting a new phase of your life.

See you all soon! smiley
Big boss, good to see you, I m sending you P.M now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 29, 2015
omooba2015:

Big boss, good to see you, I m sending you P.M now.

Sure bro! smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omooba2015(m): 3:07pm On Jul 29, 2015
Amefrica:

See you all soon! smiley
Pls reply me . Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ahyotomiwa: 3:23pm On Jul 29, 2015
@Lexyj123...share d gud news na, have u not gone to pick up yet?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Jayne07(f): 3:25pm On Jul 29, 2015
Please is there anyone here attending a college anywhere in Ontario?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omooba2015(m): 3:39pm On Jul 29, 2015
possibility57:
Dear Nairaland,
# This is my testimony. This is intended for you guys to know that with God, all things are possible. All you have to do is ask HIM.
After I received an admission offer for winter 2015, I proceeded to the study permit application after gathering all my documents.
CIC FIRST APPLICATION (ONLINE)
Application submitted: October 12, 2014
Application closed and rejected: November 10, 2014
Rejection reasons: Purpose of visit, length of proposed stay, personal assets and finance, current employment situation.
Proof of finance which comprised of my uncle’s (sponsor) bank statements, letter of employment stating his salary, statutory declaration (affidavit), passport and latest tax receipt.
CIC SECOND APPLICATION (ONLINE)
Application submitted: November 13, 2014
# Guys know that the start date for the program was on January 5, 2015 and if I do not withdraw from the program before that date, my paid tuition would be a loss. So is either I withdraw from the program at that moment or risk it all for CIC. What would you have done if you were being sponsored by someone? So, I withdrew from the program and applied again to the same institution since they (institution) could not defer an admission offer and waited for what will happen next.
Medical request: January 6, 2015
Medical passed: January 11, 2015
Passport Request: January 12, 2015
Passport submitted: January 13, 2015
Application closed: January 14, 2015
POE introductory letter: January 15, 2015
Passport collected: January 16, 2015
1. Proof of finance which comprised of my uncle’s (sponsor) bank statements, letter of employment stating his salary, statutory declaration (affidavit), passport and latest tax receipt.
2. Letter of explanation which contained study plan (SOP), WAEC results, degree certificates and transcripts, birth certificate, CV, proof of national service completion and my own bank statements.
# You should now understand at this point that when I had an admission offer, there was no visa and now I have a visa and no admission offer.
# I can say that I just received another offer of admission recently and I decided to share this personal information with you because I also learnt from others here.
# Please bear in mind that it has always been prayer (sometimes fasting in addition) throughout because nothing is too hard for the Lord. I would say that do not give up on God for he has not given up on you. Keep believing. He did it for me and can also do it for you as well.
I sent u P.M.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 3:46pm On Jul 29, 2015
Chars1289:
@ ayooluwatoni whc set?also frm lautech too
2008 set
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 3:47pm On Jul 29, 2015
Aye aye! I'm coming to Nova Scotia!! The PM has refused to go through. Kindly PM me
Amefrica:

See you all soon! smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by rolandy22: 3:49pm On Jul 29, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 3:50pm On Jul 29, 2015
Scan and email them the telex copy and call and email them to inform them.
rolandy22:
Pleas house, if you pay your school fees to canada university, how. Will you know they have received it... cus. I paid yesterday and haven't heard any thing from them...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 3:52pm On Jul 29, 2015
myb012:

The deadline for first semester payment was April dt was even wen I applied nd I just got my trv July 22
But is it on your letter? When is lecture starting? If you don't have problems traveling with Cash, you can travel with enough cash less than 10k usd sha, to avoid unnecessary declaration. Then when you get to Canada, write the school and attach a copy of the other school's admission letter and if possible enrollment letter, and tell them you'll prefer the other school and thank them for their support thus far.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TempusQ(m): 4:06pm On Jul 29, 2015
IMO
Make sure you first to the city Lambton college is first.
Then check the deadline for Lambton tuition payment, if you'll be in Canada before the deadline, no worries,
but if you won't, be sure to pay for your first semester tuition before leaving.
And secure your place with Redriver College.
After you must have gotten your Study Permit at POE in Canada, request for tuition refund from Lambton (digest their refund policy, I think you will loose CA$1,000 of your deposit).

Please sister, trade wisely and be meticulous, until you get your Study Permit which was exactly what you applied for in your approved application, behave as if VO is still watching you with CCTV.

More grace
myb012:
I applied last year to redriver college maslf I was refused
My fiance and I applied he was given last year I wasnt
I applied dis year tru an agent wiv Lambton College admission letter and I got my visa
She gave me my documents bk nd said I can mk payments wen I get there
I told her I wasn't going there anymore I still want to go to redriver she said I should at least do a semester at Lambton before moving cs of immigration

I told her I cnt waste money she den called me yesterday dt I should mk payment to Lambton for my first semester dt I'll b asked at d immigration bf stamping nd I said m nt going to Lambton

She said she's advising me dt I should nt get maslf in trouble dt my study permit will av Lambton nd m going to redriver.
I told her I'll inform cic. She kept saying I should not get maslf in trouble.

So now she's persuading me to pay nd don't want to go to lambton

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TempusQ(m): 4:11pm On Jul 29, 2015
See USA with this their USD problem...
I pray it get to a point where they'll be the only one using that dollar self. Tofiakwa!!!
kennykentipsy:
am just confused ....chatting with a girl in Canada about funds.. she was like if u coming into Canada with USD that Canada would rubbish it for u cos they also try to protect the CAD against USD cos it getting weaker

she said they would convert it like 1 USD -1 CAD

and foreign ATM charges ar killing

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 29, 2015
TheBae:
Aye aye! I'm coming to Nova Scotia!! The PM has refused to go through. Kindly PM me

Hey! Nice to know you're coming to Nova Scotia. Is it Halifax you're coming to? I just replied your PM btw. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by rushingwind05: 4:17pm On Jul 29, 2015
please myb012. i want you to help me with the agent phone number. i really need help to get admission. iam a bsc holder but my fiance want to hepl me get admission in canada. but he says he want to apply for college. that their tuition will be cheap for him to sponsor me.but i want i need smeone who can help me with school that can give me admmision on graduate program. but it must be college base on wht my fiance said. any help?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Onyeoma3: 4:23pm On Jul 29, 2015
kennykentipsy:
am just confused ....chatting with a girl in Canada about funds.. she was like if u coming into Canada with USD that Canada would rubbish it for u cos they also try to protect the CAD against USD cos it getting weaker

she said they would convert it like 1 USD -1 CAD

and foreign ATM charges ar killing

That babe has been feeding you with some strange and untrue info bro, please ooo..

You can deposit your USD at the bank when you open your account, and you'll get a higher value in CAD cos USD is higher.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dirotula(m): 4:26pm On Jul 29, 2015
ahyotomiwa:
Is dere any1 in the house who applied June 5 paper route? or 1st week in june n ax don medicals, n yet to get any responx from CIC?

My wifey applied same June 5th,paper route medical call on 6th July, medical completed on 13th..no response from CIC yet...Vfs tracking still showing "being processed in accra"

The wait is killing mehn!!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 4:28pm On Jul 29, 2015
is ur wifffe goiing to uni or college..
dirotula:

My wifey applied same June 5th,paper route medical call on 6th July, medical completed on 13th..no response from CIC yet...Vfs tracking still showing "being processed in accra"

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 4:37pm On Jul 29, 2015
Onyeoma3:

That babe has been feeding you with some strange and untrue info bro, please ooo..

You can deposit your USD at the bank when you open your account, and you'll get a higher value in CAD cos USD is higher.

onyeoma infact na ur mama born I was just thinking of confirming from u

I also wanna ask if am asked for proof of funds at POE how do I prove?

I intend printing out my 2 SOA and also show my ATM cards along would this be OK?

I don't wanna travel with cash cos I heard money misses sometimes at the airport during checking
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 29, 2015
Onyeoma3:

Correct! Did same.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Turpsie(f): 4:49pm On Jul 29, 2015
dirotula:

I applied on June 8th, still waiting too... Anxiety at its peak
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ahyotomiwa: 4:52pm On Jul 29, 2015
dirotula:

I did mine med 6th of july...and still processing. i asked becos i was following abt 10 ppl who got med call same day with me and all of them as gotten deres dispatched...well a friend out of the 10 who did medicals on 3rd got her docs dispatched lastweek, collected today and she was given TRV...no approval mail was sent to r....its well.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dirotula(m): 4:54pm On Jul 29, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
is ur wifffe goiing to uni or college..

University of Northern British Colombia, Undergraduate

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Onyeoma3: 5:07pm On Jul 29, 2015
kennykentipsy:

onyeoma infact na ur mama born I was just thinking of confirming from u

I also wanna ask if am asked for proof of funds at POE how do I prove?

I intend printing out my 2 SOA and also show my ATM cards along would this be OK?

I don't wanna travel with cash cos I heard money misses sometimes at the airport during checking

You're very okay with the SOAs and ATM cards, though I wasn't asked when I got in. You can go with $1,000USD at least.

The only thing they did that really pained me when I got in was throwing my milk and ovaltine into the thrash bin.

But the pain vanished the moment I was given my study permit and allowed into maple land.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 5:08pm On Jul 29, 2015
dirotula:

B

Am telling you bro......I prefer US embassy jare......u'll know ur fate instantly......
Let's hope for the best sha!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dirotula(m): 5:10pm On Jul 29, 2015
ahyotomiwa:

I did mine med 6th of july...and still processing. i asked becos i was following abt 10 ppl who got med call same day with me and all of them as gotten deres dispatched...well a friend out of the 10 who did medicals on 3rd got her docs dispatched lastweek, collected today and she was given TRV...no approval mail was sent to r....its well.

You mean all ten of them got their TRV?...that will be very reassuring o. So those other nine got an approval mail from CIC?....wow!!! I thought approval mail na must o...the anxiety is pitch high menh!!! Most especially after those few cases of refusal after medicals. It is well o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Onyeoma3: 5:12pm On Jul 29, 2015
TempusQ:
When was the last time you withdrew cash your Naija MasterCard on ATM and which bank?
I'm really concerned about this, thanks.

My brother, to be honest, it's been a while, I did that last in April...

I'll confirm from a friend and get back to you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ada4all: 5:17pm On Jul 29, 2015
Turpsie:

I applied on June 8th, still waiting too... Anxiety at its peak
I applied 9th June too...still processing as well. 7 weeks now. Am just tired but still faithful. God will do it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.