Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,368 members, 7,808,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1072709 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 3:36am On Jul 31, 2015
If u concerned about PR then u need to google individual provinces both school are located.for example memorial uni is in the province of newfoundland.just type in "provincial nominee in newfoundland" and read all about it . Will suggest u do your home work well and see which province u can easily meet their requirements after school. Some provinces are easier to meet the requirements for pr than others.
Cocosmite:
For those of US that have grounded knowledge of Canada and life post-Msc.
Please I have 2 admissions for fall.
1. Memorial University for MASc Oil and Gas Engineering

2. Dalhousie University for MSc Chemical engineering (Petroleum Engineering route)
Here I have a teaching assistant role of $1000 per term.

My question now is between these two opportunities which do I select with a mind on securing a PR and job prospects in Oil and Gas industry.

Solo8 onyeoma3 ariseocompatrot ekpblues8 please respond
All responses will be appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 3:41am On Jul 31, 2015
Wow..this is new to me.didn't know they now refuse people after medical now.I recall few years back once u called for medical... U start dancing and giving testimony in church nii o..cos d visa is sure...in short I dunno anyone that was refused after medical even up till this moment. My best wishes with those that are waiting.All will be well.
thesoj:
Reading about these post-medicals refusals is enough to drop one's morale.
It seems the criteria for getting a study permit TRV has become a moving target that is moving faster than one can adjust to it.

Nerdy joke alert: It is the ultimate random variable with an unknown probability density function, haha.

Let's not give up sha. I suppose the best we can do is to make our applications as perfect as humanly possible, in order to reduce the probability of being delayed. I should also add that though morale is low, the community on this thread makes things easier.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 3:58am On Jul 31, 2015
I won't do that unless it's a postgraduate diploma then u can make a case in your Statement of purpose and explain y and how it shows progress. Have seen graduate applying for diploma,most times they refuse the visa cos the officers read it as desperation just to live Nigeria. And have seen grad applying for postgrad diploma that got d vuda.U have to show a progression in your career or field of study and the sop is important that how u put ur message across since u not interviewed.mind u,some apply and go tru...but it a risk I won't take . that my personal opinion though. All the best.
Damolaay:
Morning house, pls I have an OND in computer engineering, Is it advisable to apply for a diploma course again?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 4:05am On Jul 31, 2015
I may be able to assist with information on how to apply.ave u tried already,where exactly are u stuck?also,why humber college? That is in Toronto, cost of living is high and school fee too but if u good financially then no problem.
skymorbabs:

Plxxx can som1 assist me on how to apply for HUMBER degree admission.
I had national diploma in computer science
and willing to apply for degree in digital communication dis winter 2016.
Thank u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by seyilapy(m): 5:56am On Jul 31, 2015
HELLO HOUSE MORNING. PLS AM A NOVICE HERE JUST JOINED THIS THREAD 24HRS AGO. PLS I NEED SOM1 TO ENLIGHTEN ME MORE. SEEKING MSC IN POWER SYSTEM ENGINEERING IN AN AFFORDABLE UNI IN CANADA. SOM1 SHUD PLS HELP OUT. I SEE THINGS LIKE TRV, CIC etc WHICH I HAVE NO IDEA. SO AM HUMBLY ASKING FOR HELP PLS HOUSE. THANKS AND GOD BLESS.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 6:06am On Jul 31, 2015
when did you apply?
handyteddy:
how are yall doing here!.... which 1 of u is like me, siting with the laptop all day, staring at 'been processed at accra' nawa 4 cic oo

#God is in control sha
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by seyilapy(m): 6:08am On Jul 31, 2015
post graduate power system engineering, grad with a 2.2 and don't really have idea on a specific location just want somewhere cheap with less admission wahala and ok. Thanks

darefestus:

Undergrad or postgraduate?

Undergrad tuition is contigent on a number of factors but If you are going for postgrad, with the right profile, you may not even have to pay a dime.

Let us know your profile and your choice location of study and you will get the best advice.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 6:10am On Jul 31, 2015
Cic....citizenship and immigration Canada. Just canadian immigration sha.TRV...temporary resident visa....as long as its study,visiting,work permit.. They are all trv cos they expire.as regard school.. U need to do some research online first. There are lot if schools..Google will be your best friend here..if u find a school and need help or something is not clear am sure people will be here to assist. Start by finding a school that has your program of interest first.
seyilapy:
HELLO HOUSE MORNING. PLS AM A NOVICE HERE JUST JOINED THIS THREAD 24HRS AGO. PLS I NEED SOM1 TO ENLIGHTEN ME MORE. SEEKING MSC IN POWER SYSTEM ENGINEERING IN AN AFFORDABLE UNI IN CANADA. SOM1 SHUD PLS HELP OUT. I SEE THINGS LIKE TRV, CIC etc WHICH I HAVE NO IDEA. SO AM HUMBLY ASKING FOR HELP PLS HOUSE. .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by seyilapy(m): 6:12am On Jul 31, 2015
Goodmorning ma'am could you pls put me through amma novice. Thanks

CoCoLav:
Registering
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Sjvictor21: 6:21am On Jul 31, 2015
Hello House,

Good morning to you all. I am writing my statement of purpose and it looks like i have writers block. i can't seem to write anything meaningful. Maybe it's because i don't have any relevant work or volunteering experience. I am applying to an MPH program in Uni. of Saskatchewan. Please anyone with a copy of SOP should holla me pleassssssse. Help a brother. I am fed up going online to see SOP's I wanna see a sample of SOP written by a Nigerian going for MPH. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 6:35am On Jul 31, 2015
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 6:37am On Jul 31, 2015
Click here to search for university programs in Canada, brought to you by @richcasey

Also, in the future, don't type in all capital letters; it is the online equivalent of shouting. I'd also recommend against posting your cell number on a public forum.

seyilapy:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 6:44am On Jul 31, 2015
I would recommend you take a one or two day break from your SOP, go do other things you enjoy and then come back to it. This is one of the ways to defeat writer's block.

Your time away from the SOP will reset your mind and give you the clarity that you need. I would recommend trying as hard as possible to finish writing at least one decent draft before looking at another person's SOP. You want to make sure your SOP is personalized; after you take the one or two day break, think deeply about what are your motivations to do an MPH and how you can use it to better Nigeria. It is possible that you don't know what to write because you have not thought deeply enough about your own motivations for getting an MPH.

Also, whatever you do, do not plagiarize another person's SOP!

Sjvictor21:

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by realone01(m): 6:56am On Jul 31, 2015
http://international.humber.ca/assets/files/pdf/international-application-form.pdf
skymorbabs:

Plxxx can som1 assist me on how to apply for HUMBER degree admission.
I had national diploma in computer science
and willing to apply for degree in digital communication dis winter 2016.
Thank u

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by CoCoLav(f): 7:04am On Jul 31, 2015
Ottawaguy:
I don't have a copy of my own sop anymore but I still remember what I wrote. Since there was no interview, I started by talking about myself cos I needed d officer to have an idea of who was applying for d visa,d kind of person I am.after which ,I talked about my program and why I selected that particular program out of every other one.Also, I mentioned what I intend doing with the knowledge after my studies in Canada and how I intend making my country better with the knowledge gained.I talked more about benefitting my myself and my country after my studies and the reason for that was to paint a picture that I intend returning home after my studies (coz I know that one of d major reasons people are denied visa). That just a summary of everything on my own sop.

I think he means SOP for school application and not Visa.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by CoCoLav(f): 7:14am On Jul 31, 2015
seyilapy:
Goodmorning ma'am could you pls put me through amma novice. Thanks

Good morning,

You need to read this thread from page 1 after which you can come backwith yyour questions and most engineering folks here will be able to answer you.

As regards finding a school, search for 'list of institutions or universities in Canada' on Google then go through their website one by one to see which one you like and meet their requirements. Thats what I did because honestly nobody can help you pick a school. If you are looking to settle there after school, look for provinces with the best PR policy and search for schools within that province. A Google search can also do this. University of Manitoba, Memorial University of Newfoundland and Brandon College seem to be the cheapest.

In the alternative, search for a guy called richcasey and go through his posts. He posted links which will be useful to you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ohammed199(m): 7:23am On Jul 31, 2015
Goodmorning and happy friday to u all !!!
Is there anyone in senecca college here or anyone trying to apply or someone who has already applied and going for TRV ??

Am in need of some info pls feel free to send me an email on ohammed1990@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance cheesy :v
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 7:28am On Jul 31, 2015
Ping me na
ohammed199:
Goodmorning and happy friday to u all !!!
Is there anyone in senecca college here or anyone trying to apply or someone who has already applied and going for TRV ??

Am in need of some info pls feel free to send me an email on ohammed1990@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance cheesy :v
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 7:34am On Jul 31, 2015
Greetings, everyone! This thread is moving really fast oh!

Crich,

Just read of your delay. I won't act like I know what happened (I'm not religious and the issue confused me beyond words) but all will be okay. I am happy you are on your feet, you are a strong woman. You will laugh about this someday in Canada. All the best.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 7:36am On Jul 31, 2015
thesoj:
Ah! Don't do it. I understand you may be desperate, but even mentioning such on this forum is not good for Nigerian applicants, most of whom use honest documents. Also, you do know that US VOs are on Nairaland, so it isn't far fetched that Canadian VOs browse this thread to see what new tricks people are up to.

In any case, yes they do verify whenever there is doubt in which case they would definitely find out and you would be banned from Canada for probably five to ten years (which basically means ban from US and EU and other countries that share such data with each other).

If you don't have the money to pay for at least one year's tuition and living costs, then I'd recommend you figure out a way to get the money first. You will suffer in Canada if you go there empty-handed.

Canada and the United States do not share data on applicants, bro.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 31, 2015
Graviton2:

Canada and the United States do not share data on applicants, bro.
bros please explain more. What do you mean by they don't share data on applicants?? And do they really verify docs??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 7:54am On Jul 31, 2015
I'm sure you can get samples BUT
Be mindful of plagiarism and be sure to make it specific to the university/college you're applying to
Sjvictor21:
Hello House,

Good morning to you all. I am writing my statement of purpose and it looks like i have writers block. i can't seem to write anything meaningful. Maybe it's because i don't have any relevant work or volunteering experience. I am applying to an MPH program in Uni. of Saskatchewan. Please anyone with a copy of SOP should holla me pleassssssse. Help a brother. I am fed up going online to see SOP's I wanna see a sample of SOP written by a Nigerian going for MPH. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 8:08am On Jul 31, 2015
Shegzy2912:
bros please explain more. What do you mean by they don't share data on applicants?? And do they really verify docs??

The VOs have the means to and can verify few documents like the Letter of admission, Authenticity of bank account (not the amount within), Company docs like CACs.

Also, the United states and Canadian embassies do NOT in any way share info or data of their applicants to each other, except the applicant is a wanted fugitive of some sort.

I am NOT advising you to present false info or docs, if you do so and get found out you will definitely get banned and possibly get charged with fraud and forgery - that's 16years in jail.

Do the right thing.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 8:21am On Jul 31, 2015
berexio1:
Its so easy for any of us to say 'there was a clitch in their system'...Permit me to say, this is no clitch. CIC is prolly sending a message. I think there is a second overal assessment by an independent senior VO for those done with medicals.in this case, the guy has veto power to change decisions

My thought exactly.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 8:27am On Jul 31, 2015
handyteddy:
how are yall doing here!.... which 1 of u is like me, siting with the laptop all day, staring at 'been processed at accra' nawa 4 cic oo

#God is in control sha

I dey check my status every 2hours...Sweating in the rain embarassed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chops33(m): 8:41am On Jul 31, 2015
Lovely3:
kk. Gud 2 know some1 going 2 brandon uni. So hw far wit ur application. ...am going 4 my medicals on mon.
I'm also heading to Brandon university...
Got my TRV already..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 31, 2015
Graviton2:

bro.. Please which one is more preferable- applying online or directly at the embassy?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 8:43am On Jul 31, 2015
Just strolled into GTbank do some transaction. So I decided to ask about PTA....i was told it's no longer available since you can use your mastercard from anywhere in the world...

While first bank told me I have to have an account with them running for nothing less than 6months...

This just summarizes the magnitude of theft this GTBank people are into....

They know they extort money from mastercard holders all over..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 8:45am On Jul 31, 2015
U dnt need to check so often...

Dispatch happens Tuesdays and/or wednesdays...
If u scale through those days in the week...look forward to the next week again..

But medical mail comes all through the week..
Graviton2:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 31, 2015
chops33:

I'm also heading to Brandon university...
Got my TRV already..
congrats on your trv o.. Still waiting for mine too.. Brandon uni too. Are you going for graduate studies or undergraduate?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by IyaEjima(f): 8:49am On Jul 31, 2015
chumsyzynny:

Iya Ejima, please can you get her list of documents, how long it took, etc. been wondering if this trend is just for study permits. Team 12 once mentioned it but she didn't dwell much on it. I'm interested in it too.
This is what I got from her:
She filled d IMM forms for OWP, TRV application and family information; attached letter of sponsorship from sponsor and related financial docs, police report, marriage cert.. Her hubby got a letter of enrolment from his Sch in ON, submitted his statement of account and copy of study permit(must be valid).. Got called for Medicals and u knw d rest.lol.. Took 20working days.
PS: d date of expiry on d study permit will be d same date of expiry on d SOWP so she recommends d partner with d study permit ensures it's got a longer period of validity.

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.