Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,758 members, 7,798,537 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard (13128 Views)

Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) / APC Postponed Nat Assembly Leadership Elections For Buhari’s Intervention / Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration- Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by CharlesPhc: 9:50am On Jun 09, 2015
ABUJA-MORE facts emerged Tuesday why the All Progressives Congress, APC, postponed the inauguration of the 8th Assembly.

Sources close to the party told Vanguard that the adoption of Senator Ike Ekweramadu as Senator Bukola Saraki’s deputy invoked the wrath of the APC leadership and ordered that the inauguration should be shifted to a later date.

According to one of the sources, the party never bargained for a diluted government in whatever level and would do everything to stop the anti-party activities of some of their members.

He said,”honestly we never expected this sudden interest of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP that had initially said it was not interested in NASS leadership to now start championing it”.

“We got hint of this development at about 4.am and had to swing into action”.

“This sudden interest of the PDP was why we shifted the inauguration and ensure we put the House in order before another date will be scheduled”.

“As you know the Hon Yakubu Dogara camp went too far in all they have done in the last two weeks heating the polity unnecessarily for no just cause”.

“On Monday night we had a parade of those that will vote for Hon Femi Gbajabiamila and 203 lawmakers signified their interest so it could have been a done deal if not for the antics of some of us who want power by all means”.

“Nigerians did not vote for a diluted government rather they voted for change and a positive change for that matter”.

“One thing I can assure you of is that the APC will cross this bridge without a stain and the PDP will woefully fail”.

Another source also spoke in the same vein saying”we can’t inaugurate the House for now until we get a clear signal that the coast is clear”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/why-apc-postponed-nass-inauguration/#sthash.VnzfnuCG.dpuf

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by tociano009(m): 9:52am On Jun 09, 2015
shocked stupid people

9 Likes

Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by jorlons(m): 9:55am On Jun 09, 2015
This act of rebellion on the part of these so called lawmakers-elect to the leadership of the APC is indeed very annoying.

They forget so quickly that they probably wouldn't have emerged as senators or members of the HOR were it not for the platform (APC) in which they ran.

Such anti-party activities must of necessity be treated seriously. They have started on the wrong footing and I fear the PDP will be lurking in the corner to cash-in on this.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by apolonius(m): 9:57am On Jun 09, 2015
Saraki has always been driven by ambition,never principles.I am so sure he will come nowhere close to emerging the president of the senate.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by LordMecuzy(m): 9:59am On Jun 09, 2015
Nigeria My country
Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by AbuMikey(m): 10:00am On Jun 09, 2015
I laugh in Hispanics! grin

Saraki can never, I repeat, Saraki can never be Senate President.
His level of over-ambition is gradually sending Him to Political Purgatory that He may never come out from.

Next action would be His expulsion from the APC, by then I wonder how He would emerge senate president.

Haha gringringrin

20 Likes 126 Shares

Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by eagleeye2: 10:00am On Jun 09, 2015
Sources close to the party told Vanguard that the adoption of Senator Ike Ekweramadu as Senator Bukola Saraki’s deputy invoked the wrath of the APC leadership and ordered that the inauguration should be shifted to a later date. .

. So they are now blaming PDP?......... Okay kontinu.

7 Likes

Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by CharlesPhc: 10:01am On Jun 09, 2015
apolonius:
Saraki has always been driven by ambition,never principles.I am so sure he will come nowhere close to emerging the president of the senate.

Does the APC despite being the ruling party have the constitutional power to kidnap or hold to ransom the Legislative Arm of Government for mere internal power play?

We shall head to Court

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by eagleeye2: 10:02am On Jun 09, 2015
apolonius:
They should have allowed the Senator-elects to their thing naw. Is this not the same thing you people always accuse PDP of doing, being high handed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 09, 2015
Vanguard should stop lying, the inauguration is on as planned

www.nairaland.com/2367264/national-assembly-inauguration-not-postponed#34581651

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by eagleeye2: 10:05am On Jun 09, 2015
“One thing I can assure you of is that the APC will
cross this bridge without a stain and the PDP will
woefully fail”.

This blame game will not help APC. Put your house in order and stop looking for whom to blame.

3 Likes

Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by dridowu: 10:06am On Jun 09, 2015
power tussle, it seems the inauguration is still on

Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by modath(f): 10:06am On Jun 09, 2015
Obiagelli:

What else do you expect? The publisher is a PDP sympathiser.

5 Likes

Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by eagleeye2: 10:06am On Jun 09, 2015
Obiagelli:
Thisday, also carried the same news.
Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by jorlons(m): 10:08am On Jun 09, 2015
Obiagelli:

Ma'am, are you sure of this ??
Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by lilprinze: 10:08am On Jun 09, 2015
Change grin
Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 09, 2015
eagleeye2:

Thisday, also carried the same news.
Lawmakers are entering the chambers freely, all we are hearing is just speculations, the apc senators are still in a meeting with president buhari. There is nothing official

5 Likes

Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 09, 2015
jorlons:

Ma'am, are you sure of this ??
Nothing official, all speculation

1 Like

Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by AbuMikey(m): 10:09am On Jun 09, 2015
Obiagelli:

Ah Ha!!

This is great news!

Lawan for Senate President it is

1 Like

Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by iamodenigbo1(m): 10:10am On Jun 09, 2015
make apc no try that nonsense,I repeat let the janja.weed no try this shiiiit
Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 09, 2015
I hope that those broom waving cabals (APC) are not planning to hold the legislative arm of government to ransom? The constitution never grant any ruling party the power to interfere in the legitimate function of the National Assembly. We are keenly watching and shall hold APC responsible should their be any break down of law and order.

4 Likes

Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by CharlesPhc: 10:12am On Jun 09, 2015
AbuMikey:
I laugh in Hispanics! grin

Saraki can never, I repeat, Saraki can never be Senate President.
His level of over-ambition is gradually sending Him to Political Purgatory that He may never come out from.

Next action would be His expulsion from the APC, by then I wonder how He would emerge senate president.

Haha gringringrin

But he was a saint when he led other law makers during the 7th Assembly to drum support for the APC abi? What is good for the goose is also good for the ganders

2 Likes

Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by Jorussia(m): 10:13am On Jun 09, 2015
Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by jorlons(m): 10:13am On Jun 09, 2015
Cc lalasticlala OAM4J
Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by hazyfm: 10:15am On Jun 09, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy PDP AT IT AGAIN

2 Likes

Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by Burger01(m): 10:19am On Jun 09, 2015
Rumours! smiley
Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by PassingShot(m): 10:19am On Jun 09, 2015
Reading
Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by laurel03(m): 10:19am On Jun 09, 2015
Apc go soon solve dr problems dt its how it use to be for new party..... #changeiscertain
Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by appini: 10:20am On Jun 09, 2015
Change is here
Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by micrep3030(m): 10:21am On Jun 09, 2015
Does any party has power to do dat
Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by kay29000(m): 10:21am On Jun 09, 2015
Hmm! Is this information confirmed? Anyway,if you have problem lasting long in bed, hit me up on BBM- 7C22F6EC.
Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by vedaxcool(m): 10:21am On Jun 09, 2015
Vanguard of lies

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio / The Enemies Within.....Looters, Saboteurs & Terrorists!! / Wamakko Hosts Muslims To Ramadan Dinner At His Residence. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.