Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. (30745 Views)

How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor / Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala / A Nairalander (guy Man) Preparing Egwusi Soup This Evening. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. by Lincoln275(m): 9:52pm On Jun 09, 2015
u sure say u b bachelor?
Re: A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. by Goodnuel: 9:55pm On Jun 09, 2015
I don't like it when you add onions to okro soup cry cry cry
Re: A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. by 9jatatafo(m): 9:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
Send your address OP as I don prepare wheat to eat that ur soup. #salivating like a poppy having a delicious bone dangled before it.
Re: A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. by oluwatopraise85(f): 10:16pm On Jun 09, 2015
Yustash001:
This one is strange to me o....the one I know is mixed okro...what we call asepo....I haven't seen any soup like this where okro is mixed with vegetable...and cooked with the ingredients...
.yea I can't eat okro soup without ugwu leaf,very sweet. try it.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. by Rachaelfrancis(f): 10:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
at least de guy tried...he is better than some guys who can't eveb boik water but go to de village to lie on their pregnant wife that she does put too much salt in food and they can't eat her food. honestly,naija men are wicked! dis is a man who disvirgined dis girl and even told her he married her cos she was a virgin and she is a gud cook..I pity my friend sha but i told her to cool down,de guy is not a man..not ready for a wife at all.
Re: A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. by yorubaboiy: 10:19pm On Jun 09, 2015
Yustash001:
i've never seen it cooked together.....and the slices of the okro is big....
very big
Re: A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. by aphildam(m): 10:33pm On Jun 09, 2015
you okro mix has been recommended for canning right away, we re gonna mail it to china for nano-reproduction... but OP make sure the specification and cooking details are well documented, make china no go make gum-okro(gumkro). i no fit chop gum..... but the chinese might replace the fish with toads, afterall they eat cockroach in china......

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. by aphildam(m): 10:34pm On Jun 09, 2015
<marquee><h1> i dont like okro.....</h1></marquee>
Re: A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. by QueenHeart(f): 10:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
Yehman:
Joke apart, this is what ladies of nowadays cherish. Fortunately, here I am and I think it's one of my best hobbies. Yes! I love cooking.

Ingredients:

Okro (nicely chopped)
3 cooking spoons red palm oil
Beef and chicken: Best cut. I added chicken cos it drives me crazy
Shaki
Fish: Stock Fish
Crayfish
Little ogbono
Pepper and Salt (to taste)
Onions
Vegetable: Nigerian pumpkin leaves (fresh)
3 stock cubes

Directions:
Wash all the ingredients properly
Season and boil the meat to obtain the broth
When the meat is almost soft, add the stockfish
Boil your periwinkle in salt water and wash properly
Add about 6cups of water when the stockfish, meat and are soft
Bring to a boil
Add the grated okro and palm oil and cook for about 5mins
Add the chopped pumpkin leaves, crayfish and seasoning cubes
Boil for another 3 mins and add salt to taste
Then u can wolf down the food with sparkling and smiling semovita/wheat/santa/garri
yummy cn I hv some.looks nice

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. by Germanboi(m): 11:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
Cool
Re: A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. by Godownchild(f): 11:36pm On Jun 09, 2015
Re: A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. by benideey(m): 11:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
Nice one! But you didn't mention when you added ogbonor. I prefer the onions to be cut into very minute sizes, or even grated or grinded.

Also, I prefer the okra to be chopped in small sizes too, and will boil it more a bit to conceal it and achieve its softness. I don't feel good eating fresh hard okra.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. by adellam16(f): 11:52pm On Jun 09, 2015
Yehman:
Joke apart, this is what ladies of nowadays cherish. Fortunately, here I am and I think it's one of my best hobbies. Yes! I love cooking.

Ingredients:

Okro (nicely chopped)
3 cooking spoons red palm oil
Beef and chicken: Best cut. I added chicken cos it drives me crazy
Shaki
Fish: Stock Fish
Crayfish
Little ogbono
Pepper and Salt (to taste)
Onions
Vegetable: Nigerian pumpkin leaves (fresh)
3 stock cubes

Directions:
Wash all the ingredients properly
Season and boil the meat to obtain the broth
When the meat is almost soft, add the stockfish
Boil your periwinkle in salt water and wash properly
Add about 6cups of water when the stockfish, meat and are soft
Bring to a boil
Add the grated okro and palm oil and cook for about 5mins
Add the chopped pumpkin leaves, crayfish and seasoning cubes
Boil for another 3 mins and add salt to taste
Then u can wolf down the food with sparkling and smiling semovita/wheat/santa/garri
y did u bracket the bachelor? Wat r u feeling like

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. by ideology(m): 12:24am On Jun 10, 2015
Bach tins grin I de feel you, op @Yehman

May God answer our prayers, amen.

Thumbs up dear, good for guys to score A+ in culinary institute of Arts and Sciences grin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. by ideology(m): 12:26am On Jun 10, 2015
benideey:
Nice one! But you didn't mention when you added ogbonor. I prefer the onions to be cut into very minute sizes, or even grated or grinded.

Also, I prefer the okra to be chopped in small sizes too, and will boil it more a bit to conceal it and achieve its softness. I don't feel good eating fresh hard okra.
Engr Ben, you de form good cook abi …

But You know upon everything i thought you, you are still a learner wrt to moi
Re: A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. by Nobody: 12:31am On Jun 10, 2015
You would turn your wife into a lazy person... Once she sees you can cook, she would start blackmailing you to do most of the cooking.
Re: A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. by seangy4konji: 3:48am On Jun 10, 2015
u just make my mouth water this morning...

God deh sha...

I con hungry all of sudden...

Bless though.
Re: A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. by vizboy(m): 4:10am On Jun 10, 2015
JackBaueress1:
noted.
That's why I trust vizboy. cool
Thank you ma for the trust
Re: A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. by justmenoni: 5:15am On Jun 10, 2015
Onion doesn't make it draw,so if u want ur ogbono or okro to draw u might need to avoid onions

quote author=giles14 post=34601895]onion does nothing to it,instead it enhances both d taste n aroma.[/quote]
Re: A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. by giles14(m): 6:12am On Jun 10, 2015
justmenoni:
Onion doesn't make it draw,so if u want ur ogbono or okro to draw u might need to avoid onions

quote author=giles14 post=34601895]onion does nothing to it,instead it enhances both d taste n aroma.
bros am a professional chef,so I know what am saying please
Re: A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. by justmenoni: 6:14am On Jun 10, 2015
Mtschwwww Wat as professional chef gat to do with ogbono, well just so u know I hv been cooking ogbono for over 20 years so I might also know what I am saying..

quote author=giles14 post=34610635]bros am a professional chef,so I know what am saying please[/quote]
Re: A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. by Yehman(m): 6:37am On Jun 10, 2015
Godownchild:
Nice one op
But you didn't invite me to come and eat angry
Come n'eat jare
Re: A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. by Nobody: 6:49am On Jun 10, 2015
Lol.

Op you try jawe. Mi love men that can cook so that babes like us that can't cook can easily date/marry your type and enjoy good food. smiley
Re: A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 10, 2015
justmenoni:

quote author=giles14 post=34601895]onion does nothing to it,instead it enhances both d taste n aroma.
The bolded is absolutely correct.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. by mexyk(m): 6:53am On Jun 10, 2015
nwadiuko1:
u mean say the food go purge am? grin

Na u talk am oo lipsrsealed *dashes off to toilet for the 10th time * cry
Re: A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 10, 2015
tchidi:
Niceeee!! embarassed embarassed I want. cry

Yustash001, you mean you've never seen okro and vegetable? shocked shocked

Asumo12, comman see ya mate! angry
Nne how you dey? I've missed you o. You no dey enter kitchen again?
Re: A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 10, 2015
robinicule:
shebi u can cook, oya marry urself

abi? cos u can hardly please him...with ur meals..
Re: A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. by okotv(m): 7:07am On Jun 10, 2015
Herzumpther:
Lol.

Op you try jawe. Mi love men that can cook so that babes like us that can't cook can easily date/marry your type and enjoy good food. smiley
You can't cook. If I believe that then I would also believe that the devil will make heaven.

I need to learn this cooking before its too late. At poster, you try o
Re: A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. by Nobody: 7:15am On Jun 10, 2015
Herzumpther:
Nne how you dey? I've missed you o. You no dey enter kitchen again?

Heu! Nne, *big hug*
I do o! But no food to post. I've not been at home so na 'mama put' I de chop. embarassed embarassed
Re: A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. by justmenoni: 7:16am On Jun 10, 2015
Thanks ooo I tire for this so called professional chef

quote author=Herzumpther post=34611300]The bolded is absolutely correct.[/quote]
Re: A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 10, 2015
tchidi:

Heu! Nne, *big hug*
I do o! But no food to post. I've not been at home so na 'mama put' I de chop. embarassed embarassed
Eyah ndo. I don't post regularly again, my phone is bad. Na so so pasta I dey post these days. undecided
Re: A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 10, 2015
okotv:
You can't cook. If I believe that then I would also believe that the devil will make heaven.

I need to learn this cooking before its too late. At poster, you try o
Good morning. Hmmmm why are you pretending e kwa? Anyway how preparations?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Maggot Found Inside A 'Pure Water' In Lagos (Photos) / Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? / Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.