Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? (2863 Views)

Guys Can You Do This? (photos) / An Awkward Moment At The Office Today / Guys: Can You Do All These For Your Beloved Wife? [Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? by Woged2005(f): 1:22pm On Jun 09, 2015
Guys, candid answers please!

Guys, Can you marry your female boss in the office?

She's 27 and he is 30

She's 3 levels above him in the office and the boss in his unit

She has a Masters Degree, he has an undergraduate degree

She's the Senior Project Manager, he's a systems analyst in the unit

She makes about N720k a month, while he makes about N370k a month

The HR policy of the company allows that but one person will be transferred to another branch after the relationship becomes official.

What started as a close working relationship/ collaboration has become an office fling, and suddenly she's in love and whispered to her friend she will like him to propose.

2nd pat of the question:

What steps can u take to make such a marriage work considering that in Nigerian scenario he's been answering her Madam. grin grin grin
Re: Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 09, 2015
yes na . let see what the next person has to say
Re: Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 09, 2015
Quick question. Is this a case where the guy hasn't approached the lady yet, or a case where they both love each other and the lady has already agreed to go on with the marriage?
Re: Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? by cozy7(m): 1:35pm On Jun 09, 2015
Sure, it can definitely work out, but will depend more on d woman's level of understanding. She needs to realize that she may be d boss at work, but THE MAN IS D UNDISPUTED BOSS AT HOME. In fact what's most appealing to me is that one of them will be transferred right? So it can as well b assumed that they "don't" work together.
But d man has to really make sure she'll be subordinate to him OFF-OFFICE, but regard him at work too. But if I were d man, after marriage, I'll plan on leaving d job for sth better, in order to fill up d financial gap, but of course with consent n support of d woman. I WISH THEM BOTH PATIENCE N GOODLUCK.

1 Like

Re: Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? by goodmorning40: 1:42pm On Jun 09, 2015
Kai I don't know the answer to this question walahi
Re: Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? by ITbomb(m): 1:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
If the woman accept the man as the head of the house and respect him, why not.
Re: Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 09, 2015
the only thung that need to sustaine this relationship into an unmendacious marriage is just understanding and application of wisdom.

all he needs to do; he should ask himself if he or his' boss can get another job or accept transfer after proposal, b'cause transfer is mandatory. but it depends how trustworthy the both of them could be, to avoid infidelity.

it still boils down to understanding and application of wisdom from both parties...
Re: Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? by nerodenero: 1:57pm On Jun 09, 2015
Respect, patience, constant dialogue and above all love. If they have these, then they would be happy.
Re: Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? by thorpido(m): 3:05pm On Jun 09, 2015
Of course.
The fact that they won't have to work in the same office makes it easy.The guy could even get another job in another company with time.
The most important thing here is for the lady to take him as her husband and they share love and mutual respect for each other.
Re: Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? by lilmax(m): 3:13pm On Jun 09, 2015
IMPOSSIBLE
Re: Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? by Woged2005(f): 3:44pm On Jun 09, 2015
misssclassy:
Quick question. Is this a case where the guy hasn't approached the lady yet, or a case where they both love each other and the lady has already agreed to go on with the marriage?

The question is on the man's behalf. He wants to know from friends and family if he should go ahead and pop the question. Obviously she will say 'Yes' from feelers (what are the pros and cons?). He hasn't done that yet but would love to b4 she's snapped by another dude but concerned also if the lady can respect him at home or carry-over the boss thing to house. For now she's the boss-she's more educated and makes way more money too...she is a very sweet young lady though. But you know people change when situation becomes real...we women act somehow when we make more money... grin
Re: Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? by armyofone(m): 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
You will never know until life into the marriage. A game of chance. Take it or leave it.
As for me and my house, we keep work and ranks outside the home cheesy

Semper Fi
God bless our troops.

ITbomb:
If the woman accept the man as the head of the house and respect him, why not.
Re: Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
Woged2005:

The question is on the man's behalf. [b]He wants to know from friends and family if he should go ahead and pop the question. [/b]Obviously she will say 'Yes' from feelers (what are the pros and cons?). He hasn't done that yet but would love to b4 she's snapped by another dude but concerned also if the lady can respect him at home or carry-over the boss thing to house. For now she's the boss-she's more educated and makes way more money too...she is a very sweet young lady though. But you know people change when situation becomes real...we women act somehow when we make more money... grin

He is the one in the relationship. No one can be certain if she will carry the boss thing into the house, she is his boss at work not the boss of his life. What does he think? The guy is not feeling solid to me i fear any of her actions may be interpreted as bossy because of his fears and insecurities.

The transfer will it be in the same city?
Re: Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? by Woged2005(f): 4:12pm On Jun 09, 2015
andromida:

He is the one in the relationship. No one can be certain if she will carry the boss thing into the house, she is his boss at work not the boss of his life. What does he think? The guy is not feeling solid to me i fear any of her actions may be interpreted as bossy because of his fears and insecurities.

The transfer will it be in the same city?

yea! usually in same city or to different unit in the same building depending on where the skill is needed most but that's at the discretion of the VP. He could also decide to let one person go to avoid fraternization in the office. In this case he could very well be assigned to another project elsewhere where his 'wife' has no control or influence to promote him unfairly. It's a standard practice in most multinationals.. She's a super-rising star in the company and studied abroad too. Everyone knows the sky is her limit-definitely a Directorship or VP material someday..
Re: Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 09, 2015
Woged2005:

yea! usually in same city or to different unit in the same building depending on where the skill is needed most but that's at the discretion of the VP. He could also decide to let one person go to avoid fraternization in the office. In this case he could very well be assigned to another project elsewhere where his 'wife' has no control or influence to promote him unfairly. It's a standard practice in most multinationals.. She's a super-rising star in the company and studied abroad too. Everyone knows the sky is her limit-definitely a Directorship or VP material someday..

Looks like she won't be his boss if they get married.
Re: Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? by ifyalways(f): 5:15pm On Jun 09, 2015
As a woman, I don't think I can :-
Salary/career

As a man, I won't either. Those 3 things are big deals for me.

That's me!
Re: Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? by shamsuRana(m): 5:34pm On Jun 09, 2015
Yes I will marry her if and only if she really want marriage with no strings

Office policies may apply how so ever,but with the kinda salary she has,I may even look elsewhere,as long as it won't affect the relationship.

The issue of she being the boss of the house depends on which side of the glass one looks at it.Am not the type that gives a 'ding' about peoples reactions as long as am on track.
Re: Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? by cococandy(f): 6:32pm On Jun 09, 2015
If he's not insecure, yes it's possible
Re: Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? by coogar: 6:33pm On Jun 09, 2015
it depends on the kinda woman she is. she could be earning way less than him and still be a rude & choleric wife.

academic history - this is nothing as far as he's intelligent. he doesn't have a masters degree because he hasn't had the time or opportunity to pursue it, not that he is intellectually sterile to cop one.

age - mind over matter. if the couple involved don't mind, it doesn't matter. one can be 30 years of age with the emotional maturity of a prepubescent teen. one may be very young with the wisdom of a senior citizen. this can also be managed.

salary/career - this is the easiest to manage. they both know what they earn. the boss earns more than twice as much as him. it simply means the contribution towards up keep world be ratio 2:1........until the dude gets promoted at the very least.

easy peasy lemon squeezy!

2 Likes

Re: Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? by troy20(m): 6:34pm On Jun 09, 2015
cozy7:
Sure, it can definitely work out, but will depend more on d woman's level of understanding. She needs to realize that she may be d boss at work, but THE MAN IS D UNDISPUTED BOSS AT HOME. In fact what's most appealing to me is that one of them will be transferred right? So it can as well b assumed that they "don't" work together.
But d man has to really make sure she'll be subordinate to him OFF-OFFICE, but regard him at work too. But if I were d man, after marriage, I'll plan on leaving d job for sth better, in order to fill up d financial gap, but of course with consent n support of d woman. I WISH THEM BOTH PATIENCE N GOODLUCK.
."..i'll plan on leaving d job for sth better, in order to fill up financial gap..." how many jobs that pay 370k readly come that easy in the country to start with.
Re: Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? by SAMBARRY: 6:34pm On Jun 09, 2015
As long as he's not suffering from inferiority or superiority complex, why not
Re: Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? by jnrbayano(m): 6:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
If the boss of a thing ends in the office, why not?
Re: Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? by crackhaus: 7:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
This guy though, he's definitely the type that loves to shoot for the stars. gringrin
Re: Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? by coogar: 8:57pm On Jun 09, 2015
crackhaus:
This guy though, he's definitely the type that loves to shoot for the stars. gringrin

the boss chose him.
there's no way the guy woulda had the courage to ask his boss out.......people get sacked for such moves.
Re: Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? by dre11(m): 9:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
Still reading and waiting for more comments before I say my owngringrin
Re: Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? by crackhaus: 10:45pm On Jun 09, 2015
coogar:

the boss chose him.
there's no way the guy woulda had the courage to ask his boss out .......people get sacked for such moves.
You sure about that? grin
Re: Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? by cococandy(f): 11:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
Exactly
coogar:
it depends on the kinda woman she is. she could be earning way less than him and still be a rude & choleric wife.

academic history - this is nothing as far as he's intelligent. he doesn't have a masters degree because he hasn't had the time or opportunity to pursue it, not that he is intellectually sterile to cop one.

age - mind over matter. if the couple involved don't mind, it doesn't matter. one can be 30 years of age with the emotional maturity of a prepubescent teen. one may be very young with the wisdom of a senior citizen. this can also be managed.

salary/career - this is the easiest to manage. they both know what they earn. the boss earns more than twice as much as him. it simply means the contribution towards up keep world be ratio 2:1........until the dude gets promoted at the very least.

easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Re: Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? by bellong: 11:13pm On Jun 09, 2015
Why not....

The only problem I see is the guy. Does he have the emotional and street intelligence to manage the lady?

Higher degree does not equate wisdom, tact and smartness. If the guy is very smart to understand the boss weakness, the rest is history.

I can marry the CEO of my company if she is willing, her position is not a threat. Women can be easily handled and very difficult at the same time, you only need to know the right button to press.

As per calling her madam in the office, it is no big deal since it is official work where you get the daily bread. The late Bola Ige was always addressing his wife Justice Atinuke Ige as my lord in the courtroom anytime he had a case in her court.

Summary, is the guy matured enough to lead the home?

1 Like

Re: Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? by Woged2005(f): 11:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
coogar:

the boss chose him.
there's no way the guy woulda had the courage to ask his boss out.......people get sacked for such moves.

not really- they both worked on several projects together which brought them in close contact with each other to notice and admire salient qualities. the close collaboration led to "hi, how are you?" friendship, to having happy hours after work, to real friendship, to exchange of visits, to cautious secret dating, now to romantic relationship. Also bear in mind that the guy is older and even though he is lower in office position and education he exudes confidence, charisma and usually takes charge. This is a quality most 'strong' women fall for- a man that takes charge of situations. Honestly if you yank off the power skirt suits from any professional woman, there is a 'little girl' that yearns for attention, love, protection, and pampering. One thing this man does to my friend is he is not in competition with her at all and never feel insecure/intimidated around her. Outside office he takes charge as a man and the 'little girl' in her comes out. You can see that when they are together.

And he doesn't brag to his colleagues about what he does to her in privacy to feel big-----for us ladies that sucks wink wink grin grin grin
Re: Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? by coogar: 12:08am On Jun 10, 2015
Woged2005:

not really- they both worked on several projects together which brought them in close contact with each other to notice and admire salient qualities. the close collaboration led to "hi, how are you?" friendship, to having happy hours after work, to real friendship, to exchange of visits, to cautious secret dating, now to romantic relationship. Also bear in mind that the guy is older and even though he is lower in office position and education he exudes confidence, charisma and usually takes charge. This is a quality most 'strong' women fall for- a man that takes charge of situations. Honestly if you yank off the power skirt suits from any professional woman, there is a 'little girl' that yearns for attention, love, protection, and pampering. One thing this man does to my friend is he is not in competition with her at all and never feel insecure/intimidated around her. Outside office he takes charge as a man and the 'little girl' in her comes out. You can see that when they are together.

and it didn't occur to you that bit was only possible because the boss wanted to be with him? grin cheesy grin biko, i know too well how women play their game when they want a guy. she doesn't need to ask him out or throw herself at him. she only needs to place herself in a position where the guy would do the needful.

And he doesn't brag to his colleagues about what he does to her in privacy to feel big-----for us ladies that sucks wink wink grin grin grin

i don't think any sane man brags about his private affair to his mates. this is 2015 - that ish is so kindergarten! cheesy

cococandy:
Exactly

cococandy, you agree with me? grin
really? this is a kodak moment.

crackhaus:

You sure about that? grin

very very sure!
women do their hunting & chasing too but very subtly. a premature guy would give himself all the credits of doing the chase but when you really analyse the situation, it's the woman that did the chase but very remotely.

when the chase is kinda easier than you had expected, just do a self-check.....you would realise it's because the target has always wanted you as well but she's never going to initiate any move. she would just position herself where you should do the needful. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? by Ewuro4: 12:19am On Jun 10, 2015
Why not?
Re: Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office? by bellong: 12:25am On Jun 10, 2015
Lest I forget, congratulations Woged2005.

Send us the IV when it is settled. Fear not, the guy will pop the question... cheesy grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Your Husband Becomes A Nuisance: Photo / Am I Not Justified? / Should American Wife Have To Make Change Before Going To Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.