Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution (42349 Views)

National Assembly Moves To Invoke The Constitution Over Buhari's Health / Atiku: 3 Of My Daughters Are Getting Married Today / Real Truth About The Saraki Saga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by zomoears(m): 1:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
3. Subject to the provisions of this constitution,the person elected as the President shall have power to issue a proclamation for the holding of the first session of the National Assembly immediately after his being sworn in or for its dissolution as provided for in this section.

Oya, Lawyers in the house, has the President issued a proclamation for the first sitting of the National Assembly?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by zomoears(m): 1:42pm On Jun 09, 2015
Can the national assembly proceed to"sit" and "elect" it's officials before the proclamation by the President? Is d election of Saraki an act in vain? Was it designed to precipitate crises in the house?

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by TheOtherview: 1:44pm On Jun 09, 2015
8th National Assembly: Buhari Orders Proclamation As APC Consensus Plan For Senate Presidency Collapses

President Muhammadu Buhari has sent a letter of proclamation of the 8th National Assembly to the Clerk, Salihu Maikasuwa.

He directed the Clerk of the National Assembly to convene the new session on Tuesday 9, June 2015.

National Assembly sources hinted FrontiersNews that Buhari’s proclamation was received on Wednesday 3rd June.

This is just as protests marred the move by the All Progressive Congress (APC) to adopt a consensus candidate for the position of the Senate Presidency.

Read more: http://www.frontiersnews.com/NG/?p=30807

REVEALED: How Saraki was elected as the Senate President

The National Assembly at exactly 10: 00am commenced the inauguration of the 8th National Assembly with the reading of the proclamation letter from President Muhammadu Buhari by the Clerk of the National Assembly, Alhaji Salisu Maikasua for the inauguration.

The former governor of Kwara state was nominated by Sani Yarima, former governor of Zamfara state. Dino Melaye, from Kogi state, seconded his nomination.

Read more

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by tempex88(m): 1:46pm On Jun 09, 2015
This thing na simple thing ooo... President was not there so no proclamation was issued and he can always deny any letter. If he should allow Saraki, he will be impeached before his tenure expires. mark my words. Buhari doesn not know how to play money politics like OBJ and GEJ.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by tociano009(m): 1:47pm On Jun 09, 2015
But I read online that proclamation was read before they start by house clerk

Who is fooling who

APC don enter one chance

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by zomoears(m): 1:47pm On Jun 09, 2015
TheOtherview:

Read more: http://www.frontiersnews.com/NG/?p=30807

Than you for d link.

I was curious because over the years the Nass has always been flagged of by a sitting Chief executive, be it Governor or President. His proclamation is usually read I'm person on the floor of the joint sitting in d case of d President/Nass.

What say you about that?

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by brixton: 1:48pm On Jun 09, 2015
the APC shot itself, I never wanted Bukola as SP but we will have to live with him now.

What does this mean for Gbajabiamila? Are we going to have the VP, SP and HoR speaker from the Yoruba?

8 Likes

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 09, 2015
Wetin God give man, let no ashawo put asunder

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by folabayo1(f): 1:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
I hope buhari doesn't make mistake cos this saraki issu is getting serious!

1 Like

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by KoredeBellosMum(f): 1:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by softnipples(f): 1:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
From what I learnt from our contitutional law classes in 200L, the president need not be pysically present for such proclamation to take effect. Sending a letter in this regard will suffice.
In any case, what we just witnessed was just an inauguration.

*edited*
I learnt president Buhari has even sent a letter to that effect

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by godofwar666(m): 1:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
J
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by sosanova: 1:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
Lamentations grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by eipreel(f): 1:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
ok undecided adeaks coman see o angry
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by hazyfm: 1:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
i see
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by godofwar666(m): 1:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
KoredeBellosMum:

caught you twice! grin
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by Edwardhead(m): 1:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
i wa he
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by laurel03(m): 1:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
Pdp tinz.... Dem wan start dr way again.. Jagajaga 9ja since 1999... But #God pass dem sha... #GodwinBuhari no shaking u will surely change Nigeria
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by bettercreature(m): 1:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
Patiently waiting for APC press conference,crisis loom in the coming hours

6 Likes

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by PassingShot(m): 1:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
zomoears:
3. Subject to the provisions of this constitution,the person elected as the President shall have power to issue a proclamation for the holding of the first session of the National Assembly immediately after his being sworn in or for its dissolution as provided for in this section.

Oya, Lawyers in the house, has the President issued a proclamation for the first sitting of the National Assembly?

zomoears:

Than you for d link.

I was curious because over the years the Nass has always been flagged of by a sitting Chief executive, be it Governor or President. His proclamation is usually read on the floor of the joint sitting in d case of d President/Nass.

What say you about that?
zomoears:
Can the national assembly proceed to"sit" and "elect" it's officials before the proclamation by the President? Is d election of Saraki an act in vain? Was it designed to precipitate crises in the house?
I didn't watch the beginning of Senate's proceeding but the proclamation was read out in that of the HOR by the Clerk. from what I heard live and direct, he sent the proclamation on June 1st to the Clerk to inaugurate the NASS.

So, I believe the president did issue the proclamation.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by fulanimafia: 1:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
I listened to the signed proclamation. Tinubu's wings had to be clipped, I wonder how he thought he could run a Fulani administration. PMB knows what he is doing. Congratulations to Senator Olubukola Abubakar Saraki, The Turaki of the Illorin Emirate.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by aminho(m): 1:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
mortal combat let the fight begin

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by alawi5k: 1:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
Time will tell
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
Barcanista where are you to teach us advance poltics

17 Likes

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by tinkinjow: 1:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
Look before you leap. A proclamation was read out before the vote. Same has been done in the house.
Some APC senators realised the game is up and stayed away to avoid the shame.

It's karma. Remember the APC's role in the Tambuwal episode of 2011?
Interesting! Not that I give a damn.
Just imagine that they all stayed away giving the PDP opportunity to produce their own as the Senate president. Where would they have gathered the required two thirds to impeach him? Dumbest of the dumbs.....

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by bubablaize: 1:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
judging by this then its obvious that the election of bukola Saraki as the senate president is in vain, offcourse without the proclamation of the president.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by datola: 1:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
This new change dispensation is going to be very interesting.

I believe it will be for the good of Nigerians in the long run.

DemoCRACY!

6 Likes

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by PStacks(m): 1:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
I strongly Believe Nigeria is developing..
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

1 Like

Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by wendixx(f): 1:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
Hmmm... So in other words, his election as Senate president is valid?

I see this as a cunning /subtle coup de-tat against APC by PDP Saraki in the senate.

I just dey observe.
Re: Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution by HumbleFarmer(m): 1:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
tempex88:
This thing na simple thing ooo... President was not there so no proclamation was issued and he can always deny any letter. If he should allow Saraki, he will be impeached before his tenure expires. mark my words. Buhari doesn not know how to play money politics like OBJ and GEJ.
are you now encouraging the President to deny his letter of authorization? is that not corruption?

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Military Operation In Oyigbo, Rivers State Leads To Humanitarian Crisis - / ‘Decomposing Bodies’ Of Nigerian Soldiers In Gubio -TheCable / Throwback Photo Of Abiola, Atiku Before SDP Presidential Primaries In 1993

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.