Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,798 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV (28637 Views)

Buhari Absent At The FEC Meeting Again As Osinbajo Presides In His Absence.PICS / Buhari Absent As Amosun, Yari And Ganduje Pray Inside Aso Rock / President Buhari Absent At FEC Meeting Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 09, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari did not show up at the International Conference Center for the meeting slated to broker peace among the factions in the leadership tussle of the 8th National Assembly.

APC lawmakers-elect and some chieftains of the party had converged for the meeting only to hear that elections were going on at the National Assembly and that Senator Bukola Saraki had emerged the new Senate President.

It was reported that the members-elect, while waiting for the arrival of the President, started discussing in one of the meeting rooms in the conference center while journalists were barred from knowing what was going on.

After waiting for about two hours, the lawmakers, most of them members of the House of Reps stormed out of the conference center with the realisation that the situation at the Senate had happened behind them.

Present at the ICC meeting were some APC governors, chieftains of the party and former Governor of Lagos State, Bola Tinubu. The Spokesman of the party, Lai Mohammed, arrived several hours later.

In a swift reaction to the development, the party Chairman and some members of the APC who spoke to Channels Television said that they were studying the situation and would react at the right time.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/06/09/buhari-absent-at-apc-lawmakers-peace-meeting/

1 Like

Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by ionsman: 2:16pm On Jun 09, 2015
And to think some dolts were already insulting the president....

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by agarawu23(m): 2:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
and so?
Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by aventura: 2:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
And the 5 foolish bridesmaids are still waiting for the bridegroom. Meanwhile the 5 wise bride don collect Mrs.....

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by hazyfm: 2:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
READING... WILL COMMENT IN DUE TIME.. grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by geesampower(m): 2:18pm On Jun 09, 2015
How can a party be this disorganized? angry

byrron:

A ruling party that is also playing the opposition to itself beats my imagination.
I think they are doing this because they know none of their candidates can win. They need someone they can trust from the Apc and they got it.
Our politics in this country is something else. How we manage to remain a nation is a miracle. Even the igbos are not helping matters. I would have preferred someone from the east as the senate leader, so there would be regional balance as regards the 3 highest offices in land. Imagine, the speakership is either going to the southwest or north. By the way I am from the southwest, but this is serious maginalization and they igbos are the authors of their own segregation. Too bad

Modified: some people quoted me thinking I say this cos I feel pity for the South East. LOl. No! No! No! Pity is only for the weak. I don't think the South Easterners are weak, so I don't say this out of pity, but I do for the future of all nigerians. Our leaders shld stop being after money and selfish interests and thing of the good of the nation as a whole. Investigate this whole drama that played out today and you will discover it was motivated by money and selfish interests not the interest of the nation.

Thank you

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by sosanova: 2:19pm On Jun 09, 2015
Who is fooling who
Buhari set up and played a fast one on Thief-nubu n his boys...Expect more abracadabra from Buhari, PDP n their hausa/fulani politicians in the coming days ... grin grin grin

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by Beface(m): 2:19pm On Jun 09, 2015
Am still waiting to see APC reaction.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by Decale: 2:19pm On Jun 09, 2015
Simple

Buhari wanted Saraki but didn't wanna peddle into their issues. He sent the letter when the APC senators were busy converging. Na sense the guy use overthrow Jagaban godfatherism

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by chimerase2: 2:20pm On Jun 09, 2015
Wia de pix? lipsrsealed
Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by eagleeye2: 2:20pm On Jun 09, 2015
APC built on propaganda.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by AceLove: 2:20pm On Jun 09, 2015
*grabs popcorn* It appears this revolution will be televised... cool cool cool

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 09, 2015
. . . . . . . . . . . .This is getting interesting . . . . . . . . . .I think this drama is good for our democracy . . . . . . . . . . . .Buhari is not meddling into their affairs now . . . . . . . . .so will he not meddle when EFCC comes calling . . . . . . . . . .the national assembly doesn't have immunity

17 Likes

Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 09, 2015
I like Buhari stand in this. He played smart and left Tinubu to be fooled.

That really means "He belongs to everybody and to nobody".

Kudos

100 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 09, 2015
Today na real drama Tuesday, i see Fashola and Fayemi's handwritings on this one, don't ask me why

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by GudluckIBB(m): 2:21pm On Jun 09, 2015
APC is not showing a good example.

4 Likes

Does it mean that there is a game play by this Hausa fulani oligarch
Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by Ezenwammadu(m): 2:22pm On Jun 09, 2015
Buhari played a fast one.The man might not be a dullard afterall

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by nonsoafm(m): 2:23pm On Jun 09, 2015
Let the anti corruption war begin, no witch hunting should be the right word
Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 09, 2015
lalasticlala . . . . . . . . .do justice
Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by geesampower(m): 2:25pm On Jun 09, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Buhari played a fast one.The man might not be a dullard afterall
Let's be frank buhari may be everything, but definitely not a dullard.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by MizMyColi(f): 2:26pm On Jun 09, 2015
tongue

undecided

lipsrsealed

Buhari played a fast one on Everybody Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Thanks to Fashola my guy cool

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 09, 2015
Honestly,I don't know what to believe again.
Lalasticlala,front page!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 09, 2015
He should issue a statement congratulating the new leaders and punish anybody who has hand in the purported postponement of the inauguration of the 8th NASS.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by tociano009(m): 2:27pm On Jun 09, 2015
grin
Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by zonax(m): 2:27pm On Jun 09, 2015
Kk
Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by DjHypno(m): 2:27pm On Jun 09, 2015
K
Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by elohorayodele: 2:27pm On Jun 09, 2015
mumu APSH.IT lawmakers. You have majority and cant even agree on a leader.

even the so called jagarban aka thiefn.ubu follow go meeting when no get head,

liar mohamed we await your brainless reaction to this

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by igbsam(m): 2:27pm On Jun 09, 2015
grin

If Only people here would see that the emergence of Bukola Saraki as Senate President is a victory for President Buhari. When a party chairman comes out to say Buhari is not the party leader and that he is a mere product of the party, then this is the result. Tinubu needs to be tamed. I'm glad politics in Nigeria is now going to be very Interesting.

Meanwhile, I want to know if Senator Bukola Saraki has accepted the condition of given to him by PDP to defect back to the party after supporting him.

You just gotta love Democracy!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by ijoawilo: 2:27pm On Jun 09, 2015
hun

Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by AnneMomoh: 2:28pm On Jun 09, 2015
DjHypno:
K

Kettle?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:28pm On Jun 09, 2015
I swear this issue is getting more complicated to me.

Should we assume Buhari is playing card against his party?

Is Saraki selling out to PDP?

Who is lossing out and winning here?

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens / Dapo Abiodun: Ijebu Ode-Epe Expressway Will Be Ready By Christmas / How To Transfer Your Voter's Card From One Unit To Another

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.