Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil (46030 Views)

India Seeks To Import 11m Metric Tonnes Of Nigerian Crude In 2017 / Crude Oil Price Rise After Russia Agrees To OPEC Talk / Nigeria: U.S. Organizes Global Boycott Of Nigerian Crude Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by adedayourt(m): 8:43am On Jun 10, 2015
nd whyz everybory blaming buhari for dis
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by ochestraone(m): 8:45am On Jun 10, 2015
nd07:
Acid test 4 APC. a lot of woes since inauguration, economic disaster smelling. in d just concluded World Economic Forum, foreign investors has found Ethiopia more conducive & r shifting from Nigeria with our own Dangote building a massive cement plant. time 4 human resources 2 be harnessed 4 survival & i see wise men from d east being recognized economic wise ds time.
with people like u in this countrry.. We are good to go

1 Like

Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by odomanis: 8:48am On Jun 10, 2015
Anyi3:

First both crude are not similar, I just researched this now
Pazflor is a heavy, sweet crude with a current production rate of about 200,000 b/d. Its FPSO, which is operated by Total, is located
offshore Angola and is fed by one of the larger fields in Angola.
Plutonio is a medium, sweet crude with a similar daily production volume as Pazflor. It is operated by BP, from its FPSO also located
offshore Angola.

Angola produces heavy and medium which Chinese refineries like, Nigeria produces light which they don't really like.
Please let's deal with facts. It really isn't everything that has a conspiracy story attached. Some things are just plain black and white when it comes to earning money.
How come it is only now that they don't like Nigerian crude again? When USA started their Shale oil production which led to their drop in patronising our crude,China became the biggest importer of Nigerian crude. That time,was their refinery in love with our crude only to reject same now? China overtook both USA and UK in business partnership with Nigeria before PMB emerged,we therefore expect PMB to give them some credit,a little recognition,instead of relegating them to the background and hobnobbing with the west. International politics must be played right by PMB in the interest of Nigeria else,our economy and people will suffer real hard.
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by adedayourt(m): 8:50am On Jun 10, 2015
we talkin bout nig MAJOR source of revenue loosing it market share
#funnybutnotfunny
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by petermichaels(m): 8:56am On Jun 10, 2015
We wey dey here dey find oil,una dey find buyers. Abeg! Bring bck our oil make we use am bo!! D ones una dey sell since,wetin una take am do? I pray una no see buyer.
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by izzieman: 9:01am On Jun 10, 2015
Our development should not be about crude alone and it definitely should not be about any nation thinking they should punish us because we make friends who are not to their liking.

China has been fixing our railroads since the Abacha days and it still has not worked. Do not get me wrong, I do not doubt the capacity of China to make or build things at a cheaper price than most other nations. I have a problem that a country that hangs people for corruption in its own country would turn a blind eye when our leaders go to their country to buy outdated trains worth 100 Million Dollars and we are invoiced 1 Billion Dollars while they sell better trains to a place like Ethiopia for 400 Million Dollars.

We must impress on our Leadership to work hard at making the economy less dependent on oil; this is the only way that we can take control of our destiny. The British controlled it for so long and all it gave to us was leaders who had no vision other than keep us performing to benefit London.

2 Likes

Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by persius555(m): 9:31am On Jun 10, 2015
izzieman:
Our development should not be about crude alone and it definitely should not be about any nation thinking they should punish us because we make friends who are not to their liking.

China has been fixing our railroads since the Abacha days and it still has not worked. Do not get me wrong, I do not doubt the capacity of China to make or build things at a cheaper price than most other nations. I have a problem that a country that hangs people for corruption in its own country would turn a blind eye when our leaders go to their country to buy outdated trains worth 100 Million Dollars and we are invoiced 1 Billion Dollars while they sell better trains to a place like Ethiopia for 400 Million Dollars.

We must impress on our Leadership to work hard at making the economy less dependent on oil; this is the only way that we can take control of our destiny. The British controlled it for so long and all it gave to us was leaders who had no vision other than keep us performing to benefit London.
Food for thought.
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by Anyi3(m): 9:33am On Jun 10, 2015
odomanis:
How come it is only now that they don't like Nigerian crude again? When USA started their Shale oil production which led to their drop in patronising our crude,China became the biggest importer of Nigerian crude. That time,was their refinery in love with our crude only to reject same now? China overtook both USA and UK in business partnership with Nigeria before PMB emerged,we therefore expect PMB to give them some credit,a little recognition,instead of relegating them to the background and hobnobbing with the west. International politics must be played right by PMB in the interest of Nigeria else,our economy and people will suffer real hard.
themanderon:

Please if I may ask did they just realize that what we have here is light crude just a few days after buharis election? You people must learn not to believe everything you are told on face value, believe me something has happened behind the scene that you are not being told the result is what u are seeing.

From this link
http://uncova.com/nnpc-begins-desperate-search-for-crude-oil-buyers-as-china-cuts-its-nigerian-purchases
Taking advantage of falling oil prices, China is buying less from Nigeria and going for the cheaper heavier crude oils, leaving the country with the need to find new buyers. China is the world's second largest consumer of crude oil and now that the US is no longer purchasing Nigerian oil as it has moved to shale production, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has a huge vacuum to fill.

Then from Punch
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/india-china-cut-crude-oil-imports-from-nigeria/
China, which bought 1.9 million barrels of Nigerian crude in October, reduced its import from the country by 50.3 per cent to 946,913 barrels in November.

Now it's not this month that China started reducing importing Nigerian crude. It started last year. If I remember correctly GEJ was in power last year. Quit blaming Buhari for this news and let's move on and focus on agriculture please. (leofab read this and please do not quote me to insult me again, if you can not lay your point without insults do not talk to me)

1 Like

Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by jawd20: 9:45am On Jun 10, 2015
atlwireles:

China is buying more than 50% of Angolan crude, both products are almost the same. As we speak today, the President of Angola is in China for a $25B package. Keep waiting on Obama and Cameron , all you get are photo ups and a good handshake.
wallahi na you correct
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by persius555(m): 10:06am On Jun 10, 2015
Bosch, a german company i have known since childhood has just opened office in lagos. The reason is they cant continue to ignore the huge market. We have the market, we should bargain they bring the technology and we localise and its a win-win all across the board. A country like germany doesnt have the population to consume its product, we are a nation no one can ignore. PMB should work on our trade relations and the infrastructure, we are good to go. businessdayonline.com/2015/06/bosch-to-open-nigerian-office-in-lagos/#.VXfzXRzTWgg

1 Like

Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by Nobody: 10:07am On Jun 10, 2015
we gat money in oyel. akara...
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by stuhporh: 10:29am On Jun 10, 2015
dlox147:
I strongly believe the recent romance with the west and USA is responsible for this action as China who happens to be Nigeria's biggest FDI and crude oil buyers have been ignored by the Buhari lead govt.

I don't get his romance with the USA when they have stopped buying our crude and any trade partnership with them will be to their advantage and not ours.

Nigeria has a lot to do to woo buyers following the decision of China to ignore crude from Nigeria. This is happening at a time when the country has become the biggest casualty of the rising United States shale oil production.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/nigeria-looks-for-buyers-as-china-ignores-crude/

You dont know what you are saying bro, Who is romancing who? No permanent friend, No permanent enemy

1 Like

Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by viktor556(m): 11:29am On Jun 10, 2015
Crude oil dey sweet?
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by j1mmy: 11:30am On Jun 10, 2015
good,
about time lazy Nigerians diversify their economy using agriculture and technology.
Nigerians are the most mentally lazy, lacklustre and clueless people with a large population.
I want the oil to finish.
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by persius555(m): 11:53am On Jun 10, 2015
MugabeRobert:
Good, time to drink your worthless oyel. The only people keeping crude oil prices high are the Saudis aka US puppets.

No, its the other way round. Saudi wont cut production to sustain the current oil price. The saudi oil minister made it known that the saudi kingdom will not cut supply at a time when prices fell to 40 dollar. The only reason the US is buying from saudi is that they are best of allys in the middle east and their oil is cheaper in terms of impact on the environment. The current price of 65 dollars is artificially controlled by crude oil traders.
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by persius555(m): 12:00pm On Jun 10, 2015
j1mmy:
good,
about time lazy Nigerians diversify their economy using agriculture and technology.
Nigerians are the most mentally lazy, lacklustre and clueless people with a large population.
I want the oil to finish.
Go to kuwait and see mentally lazy people. The vast majority of nigerians dont benefit for the oil wealth, but somehow we survive. Backward govt policies is encourages laziness.
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by leofab(f): 1:12pm On Jun 10, 2015
Anyi3:
It's a wonder this OP didn't even read his link
You just rushed to fish out the political side to just heat up things.

If you read the two quotes below in that article, you would have understood better. Nigeria's crude is light.

"China likes crude oil that is heavy and sweet, as it fits the appetite of its refineries that produce a lot of fuel oil to keep its industrial and manufacturing economy running, according to a data from the US Energy Information Administration, EIA."

"Consequently, China ignores Nigerian crude for now, as their demand for light sweet crude oil is very sparse."
did their quest for heavy crude starts today? You are so shallow in your thinking; do you expect them to say they aint buying ours because of our new romance with America?
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by Reticular: 3:02pm On Jun 10, 2015
We are busy pursuing foreign countries to buy our crude yet we deny local refineries (WRPC, PHRC and KRPC) of crude. An easy way out of this mess is to allow our refineries to work and strive to allow private refineries to spring up. Instead of selling crude, we are better of refining and selling the excess products to neighboring countries. That's what a forward thinking country should do. But then, ours is not a forward thinking one.
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by luggy(m): 5:03pm On Jun 10, 2015
BUHARI HAS STARTED BUHARING NIGERIA, NAWAA,
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by AreaFada2: 6:30pm On Jun 10, 2015
baybeeboi:

bros, before other states be like Osun, Osun go don die.
. My brother I have long be saying that around 10 to 15 states are not viable. Collecting oil dole can be it. They say oh! It brings governance closer to grassroot. Really? All I see is more state level bureaucracy and massive recurrent expenditure. Local Councils should do grass root work, not states.
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by ernieboy(m): 6:49am On Jun 11, 2015
DickDastardly:
Mogbe! shocked
I think Nigeria just 'CHANGEd' from frying pan to fire.
APC what have you people brought upon Nigeria.
How is apc the cause of this? Or u just have a comprehension problem. The problem of shale oil and its impact started several years back but nigeria under gej did not prepare for a day like this. Mind u it might likely get worse for crude oil market globally as other countries develop their shale oil tech.

1 Like

Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by kipesco(m): 9:21am On Jun 11, 2015
Kennywills7:

Bros take am easy, nor go threaten d old man with dis one o abi u wan kill am?
btwn am from d Niger Delta

But wetin dem dey do us good?
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by Kennywills7(m): 9:29am On Jun 11, 2015
kipesco:

But wetin dem dey do us good?
My brother, dats d Nigeria system, they continue to threat us as minors when we are still d back bone of d country
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by merricherios(f): 12:21pm On Jun 11, 2015
My dear, u didnt make sense... whn you do i will let you know. if you ask me, the person above you made morre sense. u jst quoted what was ther without pointing out you argument.
Anyi3:
It's a wonder this OP didn't even read his link
You just rushed to fish out the political side to just heat up things.

If you read the two quotes below in that article, you would have understood better. Nigeria's crude is light.

"China likes crude oil that is heavy and sweet, as it fits the appetite of its refineries that produce a lot of fuel oil to keep its industrial and manufacturing economy running, according to a data from the US Energy Information Administration, EIA."

"Consequently, China ignores Nigerian crude for now, as their demand for light sweet crude oil is very sparse."
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by Anyi3(m): 1:30pm On Jun 11, 2015
merricherios:
My dear, u didnt make sense... whn you do i will let you know. if you ask me, the person above you made morre sense. u jst quoted what was ther without pointing out you argument.

Read page 1 and 2 of this thread in particular my post. In case you can't let me drop one of my posts for you. Then tell me "Oh wise madam" if it makes sense to you?

From this link
http://uncova.com/nnpc-begins-desperate-search-for-crude-oil-buyers-as-china-cuts-its-nigerian-purchases
Taking advantage of falling oil prices, China is buying less from Nigeria and going for the cheaper heavier crude oils, leaving the country with the need to find new buyers. China is the world's second largest consumer of crude oil and now that the US is no longer purchasing Nigerian oil as it has moved to shale production, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has a huge vacuum to fill.

Then from Punch
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/india-china-cut-crude-oil-imports-from-nigeria/
China, which bought 1.9 million barrels of Nigerian crude in October, reduced its import from the country by 50.3 per cent to 946,913 barrels in November.

Now it's not this month that China started reducing importing Nigerian crude. It started last year. If I remember correctly GEJ was in power last year. Quit blaming Buhari for this news and let's move on and focus on agriculture please.

1 Like

Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by tupem: 10:58am On Jun 20, 2015
Ifyikillz:
Some goats will blame buhari
the same way some malus were insulting Jonathan during his tenure!
Re: Trouble As China Dumps Nigerian Crude Oil by Chumaco(m): 5:56am On Feb 04, 2016
EASYWAY CHUMACO LOGISTICS
 CHINA  TO  AFRICAN

CAROLINE :0086-18561893286.(WECHAT,WHATSAPP,IMO)
 CHUMACO: 0086-13168300844.0086-18588631673. WECHAT,WHATSAPP,IMO)
NORMAL CARGO : $4.5/KG, CLEARING:350NGN
 NORMAL CARGO:$ 5 /KG, CLEARING:350NGN  ( WITH BATTERY)
 EXPRESS : $8 /KG ,   CLEARING :480NGN
 EXPRESS : $9 /KG ,   CLEARING :480NGN (WITH BARTTERY)

we are your loyal agent and link for you. If you want to do very good business with Chinese, 
we will be the biggest logistics company for china and African. ALL FOR YOU.,MY CUSTOMER.
Easyway chumaco logistics. CHUMACO :008613168300844
Address in china: Shop 1088 1F,xinghua Building Zhanqian Road, Guangzhou
广州市,站前路二街1号,兴华国际饰品城,1楼,1088号.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland / Akwa Ibom International Mall Ready For Inauguration (Photos) / Conspiracy Theory Of What Could ‘happen’ To Naira/dollar In The Next Few Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.