Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. (90332 Views)

Less Competitive Universities In Nigeria You Can Easily Gain Admission In 2017 / Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG / Please I Need Good Universities For My Masters' Degree In UK. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by shiki(m): 8:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
Since uniport make the list, ...it's ok, cos my former

presidoooo can't regret studying it there
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by abokiigbo: 8:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
University of Ado Ekiti has one of the best geology departments in Nigeria. Trust me, since the days of OSUA, they have some of the best geology lecturers in the country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by kfrosh: 8:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
Front page grin
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by damoskiy(m): 8:55pm On Jun 09, 2015
Oga based on what ranking....
Check the latest ranking and don't mislead the young folks.

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 09, 2015
UNIMAID?? Thanks, but i'll pass on that one. angry angry

Wait, my neighbour is a Geology graduate but his school no dey ther! undecided undecided
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by ifyeez: 8:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
Hahahaha I pray oh less stop deceiving our self.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by mascot87(m): 8:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
babamadiba:
Gorgeous Agricola a medical doctor turned geologist discovered the course geology. He was born 1494 and died 1555. I'm proud to be a geologist.

Na who ask you question? Team FUTA jorr
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by oaj1(m): 8:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
[b]
1 Obafemi Awolowo University ( OAU)

[b]

[b]

If u are planning 2 go to OAU, just add x to ur course duration, where x can be any number

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by gaph38: 8:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
Representing Unilorin "better by far".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by oote: 8:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
Flash u still dey UI abi u don grad. Send me ur pIN or add me on 28688C1B.
Flashh:
University of Ibadan i concur. cool
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
Geology in OAU, Ile-Ife is just difficult. Some sessions students don't graduate from it.
When Prof. B. D. Ako of the Department of Geology was the Dean of Sciences, during a convocation ceremony, he told the VC and others, "I'm sorry students of the Department of Geology have refused to graduate."

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by 12month: 8:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
chineke... na dis geology dept dem dey call 'white house" that time when I still dey uni. 3 of my flatmates did the course, and went through a lot of stress, and spent excessive money on projects, field tinz... But I believe it;s worth it
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Deefuray(f): 8:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
snazzy5050:
smileyWe rep uniben....... 3 gboza for the greatest uniben students wink

Hmmmmmmm @UNIMAD (university madness) cry
GBOSA! GBOSA!! GBOSA!!!
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by redcliff: 9:00pm On Jun 09, 2015
cmax16:
My younger brother was one of the best graduating student from uniben in his set, with a sharp 2:1, he has a masters, a pgd, he has even been accepted for his PhD all in uniben, yet no job.

Abeg make Una help, those that can. Is there something he isn't doing correctly? E don dey turn stories that touch o.

Stories that annoy. People dont know why they are gurthering their education after the uni levrl these days
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by EazyMoh(m): 9:01pm On Jun 09, 2015
cmax16:
My younger brother was one of the best graduating student from uniben in his set, with a sharp 2:1, he has a masters, a pgd, he has even been accepted for his PhD all in uniben, yet no job.

Abeg make Una help, those that can. Is there something he isn't doing correctly? E don dey turn stories that touch o.
if he has a 2.1 why PGD? I thought you wanted to write PhD but then I saw it. anyway advise him to acquire a skill and try to make some money instead of waiting for a job that may not come early. best luck sha.

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by babamadiba(m): 9:01pm On Jun 09, 2015
mascot87:

Na who ask you question? Team FUTA jorr
don't hate son. Just been proud of my field and what I know.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by stanisbaratheon: 9:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
cmax16:

how can your brother have a sharp 2:1 and still have a PGD Na wa Oo

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by staintemres(m): 9:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
Abeg remove Futo put RSUST
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by snazzy5050(m): 9:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
Deefuray:

GBOSA! GBOSA!! GBOSA!!!
I sight u. Keep our spirit burning
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Icon4s(m): 9:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
cmax16:

No discipline or grade is guaranteed automatic employment.

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Flashh: 9:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
oote:
Flash u still dey UI abi u don grad. Send me ur pIN or add me on 28688C1B.
Unfortunately i don't do BBM. cry

Graduated... Only do whatsapp.

oote u can whatsapp me on this: 08027545470
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by soulhighman(m): 9:03pm On Jun 09, 2015
shilexholly:
What is geology?
Google.com
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Benosky1(m): 9:03pm On Jun 09, 2015
Try my sch FUTO and c whether u cud graduate in 5yrs after.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by aldame: 9:03pm On Jun 09, 2015
How did you arrive at this conclusion and do you mind showing your analysis?
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by mascot87(m): 9:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
babamadiba:
don't hate son. Just been proud of my field and what I know.

OK dad
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by BONES488: 9:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
butanep:
Geology/ Geophysic is a hot cake now in Nigeria especially in the petroleum sector. The most important thing about the course(s) is its diversification. With the increasing demand of oil and the exploration of new oil wells, search of underground water in complex terrain, building of dams and bridges, just to mention a few, geology/ geophysics will still remain relevant even till the next century.

Graduate with a good result in the field will always smile to the bank when employed in any of the oil sector or construction firm or hydrological ministries/firms.

They are only few universities in Nigeria that can boast of good geology department with sound theoretical, practical and field knowledge.

Here are list of universities that give the best in geology and can also boast of sound and competent geologist both home and abroad.

2 University OF Ibadan

3 University OF Jos (UNIJOS)

4 University OF Benin ( UNIBEN)

5 University Of Nigeria Nsuka

6 University Of Maidiguri ( UNIMAD)

7 Federal University Of Technology Akure (FUTA)

8 Federal University Of Technology Owerri (FUTO)

9 Federal University Of Technology Mina.

10 University Of Portharcort ( UNIPORT)

11 University Of Ilorin ( UNIlORIN)

12 Delta State University Abraka

13 University Of Calabar. (UNICAL)

14 Federal University Of petroleum Resources (FUPRE )

15 Ajayi Crowther university Oyo.

So if you intend to study geology or geophysic, you need to consider any of the listed university. They are the best in the field of Geoscience.

Cc lalasticlala

The best by Nigerian standard?
Mushroom universities.
Next jhor!!

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by galadima77(m): 9:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
proudly FUT minna alumnus
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
So we were told and we went ahead to study the course.

Truth is, geology, geophysics curriculum in Nigeria universities is fvcked up.

You'll realize it when you get out there in the oil and gas industry.

3 Likes

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by millionboi(m): 9:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
U jst name d popular uni in nigeria
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by ugonna1054(m): 9:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
#TeamGeoscience...Why ain't uni
lag on ur list?
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by adakoleagbenu: 9:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
Proud to have finished from Unijos. Best of the best. B.Sc(Hons) Geology and Mining....... Everyone knows that even the geologic setting of Plateau State favours it,with the rocks,high altitude and all... Ours is the best in the country,with seasoned persons like Prof Ogezi,Prof Ashano.etc

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Teacher Demands Sex From Student Of Nuco Comprehensive Secondary School, Uyo / "I Didn't Get Admitted To OOU Because I Am Too Beautiful" - Young Lady / Is This The Highest Score In The Ongoing 2017 JAMB?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.